Makhbats Outta Hell:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/nikheizen.html
Serial Splatters:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/thaddeus.html
Tummy Slashers:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/prongedramen.html

>FAQ and What to Play:
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed)

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu (embed)

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dj20Ao4Vw9w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for chei. A kindly reminder to take it easy, and to come home safely from the dungeon. Tea time with Yiuf for those brave contenders who return.

Second for "Solarflare, you got an invitation, please accept".

Thank you based Lucy.

Lucy and the abyssbros are the best

IMPOSTER

GET OUT OF HERE XOM

That's a nice short sword of augmentation there

next game is gonna be NaFi for the lulz

>We say that a game is won using a (non-Gozag, non-Xom) god if the player reaches ****** piety with that god without worshipping any other god first
SHIT, my jiyva god win from yesterday.. Rip, fuck this

Alright, hold your horses
I'm in

Cool! Good luck in your quest to ascend a many-conduct Dynahack vampire while I'll be trying a samurai myself!

you better 15 rune it this time spiceman

This is my third try.
I dare say I have been very lucky.

You have to understand I have spent three hours just scumming for one of these starts once
THREE HOURS

I haven't even played for thirty seconds yet

hm.

what a comfy run this is turning out to be

gambatte~!

holy shit finally

I just noticed the text.. His hat is stylish wtf devs

awwww yeah

I thought you had a mental breakdown.
I thought you were going to leave again.

>15/15 with plate armour
>still cant kill an orc warrior with 1 delay war axe
Fuck this game

Hope never dies, user. But take it from someone who had a mental breakdown himself, we don't really leave.

I really wish he would just get good, so at least those screenshots would have a meaning other than stroking his ego.

Still, you can filter out his specific image resolutions. He always posts 1919x (935/937/938/939/940) screenshots. That would be kind of autismal though.

>so at least those screenshots would have a meaning other than stroking his ego.
the point is to allow some voyeurism for newfriends to lurk the thread and get into the game, and also to give pause to the depressives and obsessives who live awash in a sea of negativity as they obsessively play for escapism

I feel like if I can just keep playing the game without really getting self-conscious or obsessed with anyone's judgements of me and brush off the bullying and whatever maybe it will give someone who's kinda sad a little bit of courage

meanwhile, I get to challenge myself and examine what I think might be possible and what I can actually do, and see if I can really surpass myself and my previous accomplishments

I spend some time making COBRA salty too, which is uncharacteristic of me since I kind of swore off schadenfreude a long long time ago, but I justify it by admitting to myself that I kind of actually like the guy and hope that maybe he changes a little bit by interacting with me

demonspawn kinda sucks dick, Ive stopped playing them
None of their mutations are worth the bad skills they have + losing a slot

Does he really think anyone reads those walls of whining

If you get PBD/Mana Shield/Robust/Black Scales/Claws, they're worth it, but most of the time they most certainly are not.

>and also to give pause to the depressives and obsessives who live awash in a sea of negativity as they obsessively play for escapism
the fuck
why don't you just get a job or something

obviously, I mean you're salty af for a reason, and I'm sure that reason is much worse than anything I'm imagining

it's easier and way more relaxing to live off scholarships right now

Literally (figuratively [literally]) just get rid of body slot mutations, and they would be incredible.

idk user I just rolled a racial spellpower enhancer that pretty much assgutters everything in the game

well obviously if you find artefact weaponry to carry you through the early game, and get a semi-optimal mutation set

Then you can still do fine
Still shitty to lose your head slot for SInv

I found that sword on D:6 and survived that long with pretty much just bone plates (4SH) and antenna, and if you can't stabilize a conjurer by D:6 idk man you got problems.

My short blades skill is literally zero right now too

Well, tbf, that isn't what they are made for, as somebody who did something similar with his life, I'd advice you to not follow this path. Escapism doesn't really lead to long term happyness, esp after having a mental breakdown from crawl (something alcoholics would call, a moment of clarity) and then going back to your vice.

I don't mind your imageposting, nor your splat raging, but this is a bit sad.

I'm doing fine in school though

I mean socially I have some problems because things tend to end up sort of like they are here right now wherever I go as a result of my not really being like other people nor feeling a need to be like them, but other people being the way they are and not being like me I don't really feel too bad about it? like if other people wanna gaslight I'm sure there's some pretty serious spiritual and emotional problems they have themselves otherwise they'd just be good people or something instead

And they're just gonna flip from salty to sycophantic as soon as I have something they want, I'm almost more comfortable being relatively poor during college as a result

I don't know why people have this impression that I have serious problems or something, just because I blog post about roguelikes for a month on Veeky Forums

all I'm doing is procrastinating like, the marginal benefit of studying early and some romhack I've been meaning to do (planned out and designed already basically, just a bunch of tedious but rewarding effort left on it)

bump

>school
Rule 2

ez gaem

user I'm 28 I graduated highschool when I was 19

don't be pedantic

Oh shit lads she caught me doing the dirty.

>No God
>Wins : 22

>DemiGod
>Wins : 17

>5 people have won without worshiping any Gods even though they're not DemiGod.
For what reason ?

Brute Force is a challenge run.

Didn't fuck it up this time

>Would you like your possessions identified?>y/n

>worship sif
>never reach 6 stars

You got this baby.

If only Okawaru could give gifts this nice.

What's good abyss strategy for this character? Go straight to A:5 so I find the rune faster, or hang out on A:4 / A:3 where there's fewer monsters?

Stairs out of abyss generate naturally, or only when you kill monsters?

youtube.com/watch?v=dj20Ao4Vw9w

As Deep Elf of Vehumet, I always go straight to Abyss 5.
Tornado and Vehumet eats everything there and restore my MP back to full.
Well, with Sif Muna maybe it's wiser to stay at Abyss 3. The spawn rate on Abyss 5 is crazy.

Okay, I'll try hanging out on A:4 for a while and only go to A:5 if it seems to be going well.

That didn't take too long. The rune vault was pretty wild though.

>He hasn't played a Ds with nighstalker and Qazlal

Extreme destruction in concentrated form, my friend.

>dozens of splats in a row with tabdudes
>absolutely ZERO decent armor up to D:15
>say "fuck it" and roll draconian summoner
>gold dragon armor on D:2

What is the universe trying to tell me with this?

How do you play a summoner? Do you concentrate on hitting dudes along with your summons or let them do the job?

Never been able to ascend one.

there exists a puppet master who intentionally configured the game to cause players suffering and humiliation, and they sit watching their favorite subjects on an array of computer screens, reaching out to kill them individually as their hopes and dreams reach their highest peak, scumming their deaths with a string of bad rolls and impossible coincidences, snickering into his can of pepsi and flicking the motor on his customized rainbow dash fleshlight to maximum

Not him, but the plan is to just spam all your summons and stand back near safety. Don't melee anything and retreat at the first sign of danger.

The starting book is incredibly strong, and basically gives you free 2 runes if you play carefully. I like to worship Hep, but Sif is a good choice to get summon horrible things which is a batshit crazy spell.

The really good summoner spells(Shadow creatures, menagerie, horrible things and dragons calls) are all single school so you can cast some pretty OP stuff very fast.

>can't bypass the Tomb:2 central chamber with Shatter any more
>no matter which downstair you take, the first one always leads to the center
I wonder if this is intentional, or if they just fucked up the coding on the new one-way stairs

Anyone know if there's a general / thread around somewhere for "The Long Journey Home", or do people just discuss it here?

Man, Tomb:3 is brutal without Necromutation. I was hoping Sif would gift it to me some time in Tomb:1-2 but no such luck. Anyway, I got my stupid banner and miraculously didn't die, so it's all good I guess.

Summoners are fun right up until the point where you get smite targeted to death, and you can't go into melee range to reduce their smites because you have no defenses

Is it a roguelike then this is the place. Else... I think perhaps make a thread about it in /v/?

just like conjurers are fun until an enemy that you can't evoke feet against dodges all your bolts and you run out of magic and consumables

;-;

In elona+ evasion and great evasion are trained by well, evading. Wouldn't that mean that squishy spellcasters and ranged characters would never get to train that skill? In comparison to meele characters

Thats why you should invest in means of escape and if possible spells that can't miss.

Does anyone else think that current Sif is better than Vehumet? Save for ziggurats and such i'd rather have MP on demand and all spells in game.

And suddenly you have learned why 'you train this skill by doing it' is an annoying game mechanic. Good job!

CDDA does the same with dodge, it only trains when you have focus and dodge successfully.

Boy it is annoying, i suppose i could just get a bunch of weakass monsters to train my evasion, but it is a chore.

I used to think that meele character sucked in Elona+, not so much anymore though.

I'm currently playing KoAE for the nem choice, it seems easy enough compared to cucked combos like MuAM but I don't know the game plan for AE.

Kobolds aptitudes are fairly flat so I doubt I can get tornado up, so assuming I stick with air magic, what are some good air spells?

Go to a place where dying doesn't kill you (e.g. the arena), cast summon monsters until you get e.g. an asura, and let it beat on you while you spam healing spells. It works for me.

Chain lightning is good if you have rElec also airstrike can come handy if you find a staff of air.

Vehumet is honestly not very good until the end game unless you're already a deep elf or something that's great at conjurations and spellcasting to begin with

Need some help here.
If I have a potion of sickness and I'm sickness resistant, do I just attack the quest nemesis with it or throw it? Does it shatter if I attack him with it?
I managed to get right next to him with invisibility, but I don't want to waste my chance since my AC is stupid low and he hits like a train

If the potion hits, it will shatter. Throwing will also make it shatter if it misses, so you'll want to wield it. Also, she's female :)

According to the steam page it's a rougelike, though maybe a bit more modern than what usually gets discussed here.

Oh right. Also she wasn't affected so that was pretty anti-climatic.
KIlled her and now I'm pretty well set off
I've got a magic lamp, multiple BoH, a unicorn horn, MR and displacement from the artifact, a great weapon and gauntlets of power. I'll grab the minetown amulet and then I'll start going to town on the guards.

It's too bad I miscalculated on sokoban and now I can't reach the end.

rougelikes belong in /makeup/

And steam calls anything a roguelike. The label is not an indication of roguelikeness.

Let me take a look. Doesn't look like a roguelike to me, just a game with PGC.

Everytime i play qazlal i get this shit
Every single fucking time
Will disaster with 12 evo do anything to him?

Phantom mirror or wand of scattershot will 1-shot him.

Lerny isn't much tougher than a normal hydra, just buff and beat it's ass you're a very tough formicid with a flaming exec axe.

I only have agi pots, ran out of str for other uniques, i can pop invis but it wouldnt help much
Also no mirrors on me as well nor wands

Ok, pop some agi, use your best ranged abilities as he approaches and he should die pretty quick.

Hydras have no AC whatsoever so he should go down pretty quick.

If you have the resources to kite him around, you could try spamming upheaval. If you get a lava tile under him it's an instakill, I think, even at low invo

I killed him, 2 or 3 uphevals and 1 hit with axe and he was dead

Sounds typical. It's all or nothing with that fucker. You either steamroll him or he steamrolls you, no middle ground.

>ESP amulet
I thought the prize was reflection.

On a troll monk, when should you train armor? For instance, if I get FDA or SDA should I be training it?

Yes

trolls can't dodge for shit so armor and shields are your only hope

/indie/ is the place to discuss it.

Page 10 bump

I have fucking shingles

Did you really find it on page 10 and not just use the catalogue?

No, i was checking on which page the thread was with 4chanx since i noticed there werent any posts for a while

does the pain make you better at roguelikes

I don't understand the question.

>i have one of those metabolisms where i just pray every once in a while and not need to really eat basically ever

>praying
>relying on the gods
I walk my own road in life.

i was thinking of the (prayer supplementing a) liquid diet tourist conduct that robert tupelo-schneck invented

Oh yeah, I remember reading that. Congratulations on remembering the name

sif is certainly more interesting than vehumet
vehumet is the okawaru of casters in terms of "good but boring as shit"

>12 evo
why even worship that god if you arent going to train evo