/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 25] Some 3DS users have received LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, the YouTube, Hulu and Netflix programs, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans at the moment.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (download link and guide in the Pastebin), but be aware it could get banned at any moment.
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap

>DSi
[May 28] A new DSiWare exploit will be released. The title it requires is preinstalled on some DSi models.
[May 28] SRLoader allows to run DS games from SD card using nds-bootstrap. gbatemp.net/threads/472200/

>Vita
[May 26] New HENkaku release. henkaku.xyz/changes/
[May 25] Adrenaline 4.1 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4om1rQKPijI
3dsthem.es/1683
youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU
mega.nz/#!31YlAaYI!1j9tE8vUyF2m-coRW3u3oM5i3Bn6fij308NnO2DSQS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the story behind this image?

>LOITUMA
I see what you did there.

/gbh/-chan, daisuki~

>ShopHax
>Purchase 3DS in cash
>grab friend seed, delete from that console, soft brick by removing cfw file
>return, durrr it won't boot for some reason

And make it public or hoard it for yourself. You paid $200 already, make Nintendo replace what's yours.

>that pic
man that shit gave me the chills, I'm start seeing certain words in certain order everywhere and that pic didn't help
I need to rest a bit. see ypu later /hbg/

btw only word that I was able to find there that was actually on the pic was BAN

some user posted it

THREAD THEME

youtube.com/watch?v=4om1rQKPijI

Is it true? Americans can't understand the right side of this image?

it's true

It's true. Please send help, The memes are breaking everything.

>precisily
>encuntered
>undustirbed
why THE FUCK do europeans feel the need to use complecated words like THIS FUCK

>and???

New unban method

Thoughts?

What do you think? They can't even type "colour" properly.

You can actually change your serial number? Well I can't wait to see what that fucks up.

>missing whats right there in the center

This is not the same error code.

>Loituma is a

I know it's been said time and time again that firmware version wasn't related to the bans, but I do wonder what the earliest version a banned user was on. I figured my 3DS would be on something like 11.2, having not used it in months, but apparently it's been longer than I thought because it's actually 11.0.

I haven't checked my friends list yet though.

Post your go to 3DS Theme

I cycle through a bunch of a cute anime girls, mostly nude.

I like to play it in public.

I still haven't changed mine since I bought it. I got a lot of great Zelda themes to use for the future though.

you too? How do you deal with the accusations and prosecutions. I keep having a problem dealing with that but if I know how to avoid that that'd be great

>On not ever ban

>never ban

Something's fishy

>loituma
>is a
>tranny

I'm too lazy to make my own screenshots now, but I'm using the SuFami theme.

>a9s + Luma
>11.4 o3DS
>Deafult theme
>Use new Freeshop
>Play mostly GBA games like Advance War
>Favorite game on friend list is Pokémon Fire Red
>Just checked and not banned yet

>Plaikek

>MAN

>to bait you
nice.

>b9 + luma
>11.3 o3ds
>my own custom 3rd strike theme, complete with sounds and scrolling top/bottom
>play mostly tetris, mario kart and a little bit of mhxx(online)
>favorite game for the longest time before changing it was FBI
>checked a few hours ago and not banned
even save edited my MK7 file to give full unlockables. this ban is so strange in that, there seems to be no clear answer as to why some got hit and some didn't.

After using Schrödinger's method of not getting banned (if I never check, how can I be banned?), I just confirmed all four of my systems are not banned. I only play Monster Hunter really. And here's the twist: They're all on firmware 9.8, a9lh.

Comes with custom SFX and Music, too.
3dsthem.es/1683

Loituma is Geohot

Hey, Iwas wondering is there a way to access the store on vita. If so what's the best way (on HENKaku obviously).

>not a ZTD theme

Gee, I wonder why that could be.
Nah, ZTD was alright. But VLR is still the best.

>ZTD was alright
fighting words

VLR a shit

Any PS2 gurus here? I'm using OpenPS2Loader to play games from an IDE HDD on a Fat PS2. However, none of the hdl_dump frontends I'm using are capable of installing any games. Either they can't connect at all, or they install ~20% of a game before cutting out. Depending on the frontend it either gives an opaque error message or a fake message of success.

Is my HDD busted? If so, can I get an adaptor for a 2.5" SATA drive? I'm afraid the only thing I have to read either kind of drive is the PS2.

It's no use. You were born a shitter.
youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU

After finishing the game and finding this video posted in the threads I just can't hate it. The memes made it all worth it.

Dio pls go

>Trying to disrupt an image of two sisters simply spending time together

For shame.

>Dio pls go
Jojo reference?

Just take this so we can get this thread back on-topic.

I decided to try checking if I was banned, but I had never actually accessed the friend list area so it had to do a quick setup. Then I turned on wireless and it gave me an error because I need to update from 11.0 to a newer version. I don't see any reason to update right now since I don't play online, so is there any other way to check my ban status on this version?

>don't play online
>decide to check it banned
it doesn't matter, but you could try playing a game online. try an older one, they might still work without the update.

fuck you

>soldusout
>rxtools
>aureinand
>loituma
>tranny
>nintendo
>stability
>reddit
This is perfect.

>need to update to play online
>paranoid that i could get banned if i do
currently on 11.3.0-36E with all the illegal stuff installed, is it safe to update?

good for if they ever do console id bans but these are localfriendcode_b bans

That's some good taste there. What's the bgm?

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer and also got your 3ds banned

Random GUMI song. Mozaic Role I think it was. I disabled it. I don't think I'm ever going to enable the BGMs.

so no new banwave after this weeks nintendo maintenance?

I can give you a firm but not reassuring "maybe."

Doesn't seem like it.

>Loituma
>Is a
>DLC

Really makes you think...

One a month, screencap this.

why did the little girl smother a whip cream all over herself?

reminds me of the "pay to unban yourself" shitpost

cute

>loli

>nintendo bans my 3ds
>buy another from amazon
>choose 1 day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep the next day
>contact amazon support and claim the 3ds was stolen
>get refunded
get on my level niggas

>Posting this every thread
I'd rather not get on your level of autism.

>a9lh + luma wont get you banned

>Schrödinger's method of not getting banned
>my systems are not banned
underrated

>Screen Info: Upper: TN | Lower: TN
Yep, just confirmed it with 3DSident.

Speaking of which that thing is pretty neat as it gives the exact % of your battery life.

>"Thank you for calling Nintendo this is Mike can I start with your email address?"
>Yadadada
>Tell them I have an issue with connecting my 3DS to Nintendo's online services
>"No problem, I'll be happy to help you with that. Is there a parent or guardian around who happens to have the serial number of the Nintendo 3DS console?"
>Uhhhhhhh I'm 24
>"Oh! Haha perfect, in that case please read back to me the serial number of the system. It should be located in the back of the console"
>Give it to him and tell him the error code
>"Unfortunately this error code means that Nintendo has found unauthorized software modifications on your child's console and has banned you because of that. It will not be lifted"
>It's not my child's console though. And I have no unauthorized software on the system, I don't even know what that means.
>"I apologize for the misunderstanding sir. Unfortunately your wife's son must have downloaded something he shouldn't have. If you have any more questions please feel free to consult the Nintendo website."
>What the fuck, it's my console dude. I don't have kids. I swear I didn't do anything to my 3DS.
>"You're 24 years old and still play Nintendo consoles dude?" *audible laughter from a bunch of people in the background

bumping my post

I screencaped the original and put it on reddit and got 1300 karma

Bumping you bumping your post

Trails in the Sky FC evolution english patch is out.
For the Veeta.

im still using emunand how the fuck do i unravel this spaghetti and upgrade to b9s

(nice) hope we get what we want

lol me too! xDDDD Dont forget to le upvote my comment :)

follow the guide from the start

will that delete my emunand

ffs man, read the guide first and ask questions after.

you'll transfer your emunand data over near the end so you keep everything

So I'm playing a work in progress gba romhack, and in order to update, I need to install a new cia. The issue is, I think that the title ids being different is resulting in them being treated as completely different games, making the saves not incompatible, essentially meaning I have to start a new game.
Is there any way to make these saves compatible?

>not incompatible
i'm a retard, incompatible

I followed the guide in OP to go from a9lh to b9s and after updating using lumaupdater and then system update I now have an unusable console.

System loads correctly, A button doesn't open anything and I can try and launch games by tapping them but it only freezes my console.

What the fuck

Shroninger is a retard though.

>I struggle to understand the thought behind such a paradox
whoa, it's like we're 1700s again

nothing is safe anymore
nothing is sacred anymore

I'd wait longer if I were you, I was caught by the wave

So, did the maintenance do anything?

aint got me

Thanks for fixing the Vita link in the OP to whoever did it

Had this one since like the day after it dropped in Nipland.

did anyone fund the 3G to microSD Vita adapter?

Again the problem there is you don't screw Nintendo at all. Just Amazon.

Fuck Amazon

I'm much more interested in fucking with Nintendo right now. They owe use some seeds!

mega.nz/#!31YlAaYI!1j9tE8vUyF2m-coRW3u3oM5i3Bn6fij308NnO2DSQS8
Unpatched base game.

I did. Even though I don't have a 3G model, yet.