/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Game you're glad you didn't play edition.

Last thread: >Endless Space 2
- Official Wiki wiki.endless-space.com/
- Community Hub games2gether.com/
- Soundtrack soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
- Wiki wiki.endless-space.com/
- Stats
- Planets pastebin.com/3huefXGy
- Ships pastebin.com/aabCNGau

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/YHdisqem (embed)
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh (embed)
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed)

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_(mathematical_constant)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remove spider

DON'T BULLY THE SPIDERS

Remove this shitty manga spiders

I said, don't bully the spiders!

Spideranon returns!
I missed you.

I was never gone. There was just no need for me to make new threads.
I wanted to try fixing that one a bit, but I forgot to remove the edition and the (embed) things. I'll remove "Stats" next time and replace "planets" by "planets stats" and "ships" by "ship stats".

I don't. All that means is that we get some faggotry from him and from people who hate him.

Like fuck, how hard is it to post some random screenshot you took while playing Stellaris, Endless Space 2, Civilization 4, 5, 6 or even Beyond Earth or fucking anything.

Still, props him for taking the initiative to make new threads. If anything I hope he will encourage people to make new threads so that he won't.

>fanatical purifiers can choose to join one of the warring awakened empires
seems completely against their entire ideology tbqh

Shut it Joker.

>be busy turning the galaxy into Essence and removing lesser lifeforms
>the jew frogs who had been hiding in a corner of the galaxy somewhere and just amassed lods of emone win because of that

No

they can even lead the league of non aligned powers and others can join

>start up a game on a huge map
>all the minor civilizations are beside me

You know what they say. "When the two hundred pounds monkey say something, the scrawny skinny KKK listen".

I'm going to rage if Luke Skywalker mentions a very bad day in the next Star Wars.

!!Continent!!
It's a bad DF joke, I know
They've decided that normal civilization aren't even worth bothering with and FEs are the game.

EVERY FUCKING TIME with this frog bitch

It's not a good deal, it's a GREAT deal.

Siege it down you fucking pussy, they aren't riftborn.

About to play my first game of DW, what start should I go with?

yeah it was pretty much instant war

Introductory Game, duh.

In your experiences what is a balanced Custom faction you can play as to challenge yourself? I find alot of the Factions are straight up broken, like Riftborn being able to reach over 1k Industry levels of broken.

>aligning yourself with the devil to beat the big bad FE

almost got a federation victory by having a few of the largest empires join my federation

Custom Game as Standard Empire and enable everything, including Return of the Shakturi and Legends content. Both stuff trigger in later game. If not that, then Standard Empire in the Age of Shadows if you want pre-FTL start, I'm not sure if it has the later stuff enabled by default. Classic Era is normal game without pre-FTL stuff, while the Ancient Galaxy is a story scenario that puts you into an established galaxy with big empire.

General tips:
If pre-FTL start, explore the ruins anomaly in your home system first to unlock FTL research. Remember to pay protection money when pirates show up.

And a very useful tip : once you discover FTL, put it on EVERY ship. Don't assume they'll put one on the civilian ships.

Don't be like me who forgot to put FTL on all the passengers ships.

Ok so there is a multiple crises mod, but there is no more common events mod. How would I make this?

The Vodyani are so aesthetic, I love it

Ive never paid protection money, pirates dont do shit

>1k is considered broken
With heroes you can easily reach 3k

Do the Lumeris ever not backstab?

Oh i'm sure, but I meant Riftborn can reach those levels extremely early especially with Singularities. Right now i'm experimenting with editing Riftborn because of their lack of natural population growth to see if I can balance it myself.

>have completed quest for minor faction
>suddenly after a long time, the Cravers assimilate the minor faction
Please explain

>Jewish mafia fish
>not stabbing you in the back
Pick on famalam

With ES2 being broken, is the first game worth it?

why are all stellaris mods that add ships or ship parts so fucking unoriginal and bloated ? all of them fucking suck, same with trait and government and ethos mods

>Pick on famalam
Why would you do that? what did he ever do to you?

You can't purify the galaxy if you know you are going to be purified by someone else

Didn't the latest hotfix fix the pending turn and stuck combat bugs? The game currently works for me at least.

Ya see user, he asked a semi-stupid question while I was pretty damn drunk.

I apologize for telling people to pick on him but he should still pick one because why the fuck would you trust the jewish fish mafia?

It crashes after the first loading screen for me, I don't even get to the main menu.

Sure, Wiz :^)

>have twice the pop, almost twice the amount of ships as my AI neighbour
>they have the "we are stronger than you" notes in their diplomacy menu

No, seriously. Just tell me if the first ES can sate my hunger for a good space 4X

>Playing Xenophobic Materialists who just want to become robots while ignoring everyone else
>War in Heaven pops
>Never had it before so I decide to try it out on the neutral side as the head of the neutral nations
>It turns out only 6 mid-tier empires join either of the AEs
>Meanwhile the entire rest of the galaxy, around 10 empires, join the NAP
>Fuck up the FEs by conquering all their thralls
>Now the galaxy is pretty much one huge federation and the wartorn remnants of the FE's allies
What do now? It's gonna be super boring with everyone allied this way. Do AIs leave federations on their own, or is there any way to like dissolve a federation completely?

Well, probably. It's Amplitude's first game, and it shows. Don't expect the same flavour than in EL : the faction's lore is just a small biography written before you start a game.

AMD card? They used to have a separate AMD branch which they "supposedly" integrated into main version, but maybe the hotfix rollback fucked it as well?

It's very basic, both gameplay and story wise ES2 is better in pretty much every way apart from the repairable wonders that ES1 has. It also doesn't have the amount of unique faction mechanics either.

Civilization IS SPEHSSS, but with actually different factions

>AMD card?
No, Nvida.
There even is a huge pinned post for this issue in the steam forums, but I don't feel like spending hours working through it.

Are you using geforce experience?
That shit causes all sorts of problems.

Congrats, you won

No. My drivers are up-to-date, too.

this reminds me of a reverse x-com game I had an idea of

instead of being invaded by aliens, the humans are the invaders. Overpopulation and exploitation make earth be a dying planet. Scientists figure out while we may not be able to FTL travel we can hop to a different dimension, a different version of earth if you will. The easiest candidate to open a dimensional portal to ends up being a fairly stereotypical fantasy world.

The game is x-com style, except you are playing the invaders. At first you're infiltrating this fantasy world with human kingdoms, magic, dwarves and foresty elves with covert units, getting recon and you can try to use intel to incite warfare between the local kingdoms. As the game progresses the dimensional rift widens and you can get in biggers guns like tanks and aircraft and your presence gets noticed. Your mid-term goal is to establish a foothold and means of production on this new planet.

Meanwhile your artillery gets met by wizards throwing down meteor showers, your rangers get shot in the head by elven magic archers, dwarves start to reverse engineer your weaponry and your fighter planes have to stand up against dragons of various kinds.

As the game progresses the technology of the two worlds start to merge. The fantasy races adopt more and more earthen human high-tech while the fantasy world enables your soldiers use of magic if you do the proper research and you can start to build tanks and bullets out of adamantium.

Basically imagine an x-com game, but you're playing from the alien invader pov.

So Helldivers with magic?

>e

What modes would you add to ES2 combat?

There's also his jolly comrades π, Σ and ∂.

>tfw you win
i guess i'll wait for the end-game crisis to roll around

>tfw no Riftborn gf with territory to trespass on.

They could at least capitalise it's name. I had to check that this wasn't a bug, but it's actual name in the game.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_(mathematical_constant)

i think you should kill yourself weeb

At least you are lucky to even get those mods working. No matter what I try there seems to be no way of actually activate them. The game is updated, the mod archive and .mod file are extracted in the correct folder(s), mod name shows up and is active in mod selection screen when the game is launched. But nothing happens in game, there are no changes (i've tried only additional traditions mod).

>being a dirty pirate
found your problem
the additional traditions is one of the few mods that are actually decent atleast

Now that I know basic corvettes with red lasers are the most effective ship in Stellaris, what is the best FTL travel for multiplayer?

??

>baaaw guyse i pirated the game but it doesn't woooooork

>wage one war with vodyani
>this happens
It's a good thing I shit so much purple I could take action.

>SEGA being a publisher was supposed to make it easier for Amplitude to polish the game instead of splitting resources for PR
>shits out a buggy early access game
What could it possibly mean?

Militarist influence really needs to be balanced. Same with Pacifist influence, I get that making money is part of the Pacifist deal but it's fucking stupid that the majority of techs in the Industry tech sector don't give Industrial influence and there's no good way to generate its influence outside of techs and the like 4 basic industry buildings available in the game.

>System trade value
This applies to every system to which there is a trade link, right? So it can be on an end or inside the chain, right? And it applies there?

The funny thing is that I've went from industrial-pacifist dual party to industrial-military party mainly due to this war (though I also acquired Hissho and Gnashast worlds). Before the war pacifists were really common.

>expects me to pay 40 euros for an unfinished game and few additional gorillions for (((DLC))) that are often little more than portrait packs

No, thanks. I mostly play f2p mmo where i often pay for useful stuff. Sometimes I do buy singleplayer games. But only those that aren't overpriced, demand countless DLCs and are effectively still in beta.

The game is kind of shit without modifications. Combat system is ridiculously retarded and lack of traditions in late game is hard to explain. In my first and only game i've unlocked all traditions by ~2350. What i'm supposed to do with all that unity? Also it's the first game where i have such problems with mods.

>war makes everyone a militarist
this is exactly what doesnt happen

>waaaa everything is overpriced!!!
>they should make games for free!
That's not how life work, kid.

Here's how I pay for games:

>have I played your game for more than 10 hours?
>is your game available without DRM (i.e. gog.com or self-published)?
Congratulations, you have now earned 50€ from me

*tips fedora*
Nice going, speshul snowflek. How's that edge working for you?

Rivalries should give a larger boost to military support. The red scare put burgers into war mode since the 1960's and it never stopped.

By rivalries you mean? My war with Vodyani was pretty one-sided but I still experienced a massive raise in militarists.

vietnam was lost on the political front.
war is polarising, unless you have some kind of fascist propaganda machine like 1984 that eliminates dissenters

Holy fucking shit, disassembling robuts is genocide? Fuck this gay galaxy...

Friendly reminder you can do this

I don't remember you could do this in Endless Space.

yeah,it's ridiculous how much others care about genocide

>droids
>genocide

it takes fucking ages too

Only egalitarians should really care about genocide.
Only materialists should get grumpy over breaking robots.

There was a guy who did it like this:
1$/hour played
If it was the 40$ and you played 40 hours, it was worth it.

ES2
in ES1 you just have to spam trade route improvements everywhere.
There is a problem that AI imitate actual governments. Governments should really fucking care if you're genociding what they consider people and/or if you show that way there's nothing you can do. Too bad everybody's fucking super compassionate and they care even for some bugs they barely know.

>literally can't even use my initial Colony ship unless I go past the Fish mafia's home system and colonize a shitty 2 planet Arctic no-resource mixed anomaly system near Craver territory
Fuck this gay galaxy, i'm out.

> what they consider people
There's genocide happening in this world RIGHT NOW but no one cares because they aren't people.

The galaxy wide malus is a bit much. If a nation doesn't care about X people then they will definitely ignore a little genocide.

>nothing you can't do*
As in, crossing moral event horizon.
That's what's wrong: everybody cares about everybody, even if it's not logical.

One thing that bugs me is how Stellaris makes it downright impossible to implement variable cost values; I want to replace the planetary edicts with empire-wide edicts whose costs scale with the amount of planets you own, in order to reduce micromanagement. But the stupid game can't handle variable inputs, and I'm at wits' end.

Anyone knows how to hack a solution into this?

> Empire wide buffs
They're called civics.

help i can't stop playing militarist authoritarian

why would you want to stop

>encourage free thought is a civic

>not fanatical purifier

why wouldn't it be a civic?

What do you make of the replacement for the AI crisis lads?