/tbcg/ - The Burning Crusade General

>what is this?
Similar to /elyg/ this is a general specifically for World of Warcraft private servers running The Burning Crusade expansion. Just without the trannies.

>Guilds
- Horde 5x

>Servers
Warmane Outland, 5x
Warmane Medivh, 1x
Burning Crusade (Gummy), 1x

>Download
Warmane.com/download

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist isn't in read only mode. If this fails download your client from a new website

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Previous thread:

aahah why am i leveling on mediev

reroll user

ahaha because you're an idiot

Why isn't Excalibur on the server list?

Just because autists want a fresh start and constant DC's ?

>excal
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

lol

>
>bandwidth will let you break the laws of physics

Lmao
Excalibur is as funserver as it gets

Excalikek is p2w

>blizzlike 2x
yep
i didn't plan on spending a dime

Fuck it, gonna start again just so I have something to do. But I refuse to level slow, so Warmane Outland it is.
It's a stable server right? Or does it crash every 2 hours?

Its fairly stable, maybe 1-2 crashes on a bad day

Nice

>best in slot sunwell item just for hitting 70
LOL

>tfw shitty 5man drop rng
That and last bosses only dropping 1 item instead of 2 has kept me in poverty gear

just buy bis next week LOL

>1 item reward for getting all the way to 70
tons of fun, game changer

There is 1 pre raid piece i would unironically buy if it ment i could stop going to that instance LOL

>game changer
I'd rather play wow, not some bullshit slav servergame

>hit 70
>instantly get a bis trinket
Nothing personal h-heh

Wtf? That would ruin the whole point though.
I would seriously lose interest in WoW if I got something served to me instantly, especially if it was bis. Fuck that.

So you guys are playing on a p2w server with fake pop, nerfed content,
where many guilds exploited boss respawns to get weeks ahead in progression?

nice.

Where is Outland restart announce website? I don't want to make one myself. Give me realm IP atleast.

>1 piece of gear ruins whole game

Okay autist

There's like one guy here that plays on that Excalibur shit server.

fuck off the legion wow

I am talking about warmane

off to

I haven't even played since WotLK

How is it p2w?

You literally get a fucking bis item when you hit 70 and you claim that it's not a game changer.
You're either new to WoW in itself, or just retarded.

>a item

>being an illiterate slav

I saw a hunter with epic fly mount
how

Questing
Playing ah
Abusing fucked up droprate in hfp for ez greens
It's pretty easy to make gold it just takes some time

how bad is a 100 ping?
pve and pvp. dont know what i had in retail

Perfectly playable.

boys
what spec do I level as shaman?

Does the game freeze if you pvp with view distance settings maxed out on gummys?

probably elemental is easiest, but I like enhancement

when do alliance paladins learn their ressurect spell?

I feel pretty useless as a healer that can't revive.

very early, like 11 or 14 if memory serves

damn bro, do I need to head back to home city to get quest or something? i was thinking I could just snag the human one in Stormwind when I came to level, but I'm 19 now and still no quest

but I do remember it being like level 12 or something for belf paladins

I wanted to start a tbc 1x xp advetnure, should I go for medhivh or wait for gummy?

my level 50 on old nost was lost for ever, would hate to level up a guy and for it to feel like a waste with a server shutdown or ghostserver

lol you won't hit 70 before gummys is shut down

jesus christ stop the hate against gummy when its like one of the best tbc servers well ever see

LMAO sure kid

>server isn't out
>it's the best
Fucking /elyg/ retards need to go back

>still enjoying Excalibur

Still haven't had a DC, all the quests work, dungeons are great, and 2x exp hardly makes it a fun server, just an always rested server, which is how I'd play back in the day anyway

How much are they paying you?

not a dime, kyriix draenei holy paladin fuck with me, level 19 now.

trying to rock some dungeons this evening US time

>trying to rock some dungeons this evening US time
I don't think you can solo dm

i tested it in the close beta. everything is far better than your lol stock mangos los bug shit

that in no way implies I'm going in solo.

It's an open invitation for people to join me.

ok gummygoy, we totally believe you

it does though, because there's no people leveling on that server

watch the salt cummycuck i'm trying to enjoy an actual good server

I've ran deadmines twice with full groups.

You know they let you party up with horde and shit, too right?

>warmane profiting thousands
>gummy won't be making any money (at least visibly)
>Somehow gummy will get shut down first
Inb4 muh US location
>forgetting that sc1 was hosted in the US and never got shut down

>so dead it has to be cross faction
lol

So what do you guys use for displaying health of enemy mobs and players?

This. Anti Gummy shills need to just stfu. They have no case against his server being shut down other than blizzard randomly wanting to shut his server down over the other pservers. Shill for warmane all you want, just leave gummy alone.

This que on Outland though

>You know they let you party up with horde and shit, too right?

Why not just play retail nig nog

v

It will either be shut down by blizz or gummy himself LOL

Warmane is actually making money?
Well, I'll give the servers 2-4 months then.

Yes user, surprisingly a high pop meme server with a P2W cash shop is indeed making currency

they've probably made 30k from queue skipping since the server launch

is 500 minutes a long time?

how do you display health numbers on enemies

feel like quitting wow every time i play a few hours

Explain. People keep saying this without giving any reasoning. Scriptcraft was sold/shut down by gummy but he wanted to work with his own core anyway. As for Blizz shutting it down, it doesn't make any sense either as scriptcraft was hosted in the US and never got shut down. Any private server could shut down at any moment, that's just the name of the game. Why is gummy any different?

cause people just hate him for no reason.

well see how it turns when the beta/server itself launches.

You do realize their were making money off their other realms and those have been up for years, right?

Its so wierd seeing such professional looking private servers, or even servers with so much effort put in, keep on going with like 100-150 players.

Stuff like Firefly really blows my mind. Can you even play the game with that few people? Hellfire's dying pretty quick too right

You can farm boj from level 60 raids like zg and aq20
Nobody played there before because it's shit and even worse at 70

>stayed up until 1 AM last night playing on Excalibur

Jesus christ, I'm usually in bed before 11, 'cause work and shit.

It feels good to have this feeling again, hell I feel more energized than ever..

they made some recent news post about removing them from heroics or something, I didn't pay it much attention because I'm still low level as fuck.

>host two servers for a few months each
>take it down yourself before blizz csn do anything
>wow guys see blizzard won't shut me down I've done it before

You used to be able to vote for gold too and buy glaives.
The server quality is shit and it needs a wipe. It's completely fucked

>explain
He shut down his server twice in the past. Not because of any legal issues, but because of some vague meme excuses like m-muh college.

I'm neither trying to shill for gummy nor warmane.
Yes, warmane servers are pay-to-play cancer with funserver rates and 5k+ fake pop. Not to mention thecash shop. It's far from a perfect server, sure, but at least they are known for keeping the servers (and the population) up for years.

Then there's gummy. People are excited about it, and so am I, but fuck me are you guys delusional. Sure, the scripting and all the engine-work is superb from what I saw in the beta, and any bugs will probably get fixed withing hours.
However, you can't ignore the fact that he shut down his servers twice in the past, fucking over thousands of players. "m-muh college" isn't really an excuse. Like, he should've realized just how much work goes into maintaining a private server within the first week. He did not, supposedly, and only "realized" that running tbc server is fucking over his colege defree after a few months?
How can anyone believe such a vague excuse? And how can you be so sure he won't do it for the third time, just because he feels like it?

I'm not playing on warmane right now, but I'm more likely to go there in the future instead of gummy's. I would rather play on a server when I can get to 70 in 3 days, find a guild that actually raids so the cash shop thing doesn't affect me, and just have fun instead of grinding for months on gummy only to wake up one day and see the server is dead.

Now feel free to call me a warmaneshill since I'm actually trying to sound objective about this whole thing.

>some people have stacked gold and rogues have glaives

I don't see the big deal, glaives are shit for pvp.

Just because a 5x funsever that is the embodiment of everything wrong with the private server scene is online doesn't make it worthwhile, user.

>some people
You mean literally everyone? It's hundreds of gold
>glaives are shit for pvp
They are literally bis for pvp
Fucking retarded newfags

>hundreds of gold

So... Not even basic flying training for two characters?

>glaives are BIS for pvp
color me green, rogues aren't even BIS for pvp, why would I worry about them with shit PvE weapons?

>glaives are shit for pvp

HAHAHA they're 'you get glad for free'type of godlike

rmd
rmp

r/m
r/priest
r/spriest
r/wl
r/druid

probably even more. jesus christ

nigger glaives are so good at pvp that baldful managed to get glad in wotlk while using them

>druid/warrior

yeah, shut up faggot.

>shit glaives are meme shit

whatever you're smoking, count me out, I don't mind getting stupid, but damn nigga you're full retard

Don't respond to me or my son ever again.

did you even play arenas in bc?

Yeah, but I played warrior, so I've never seen a rogue put up anything worthwhile.

iM HaViNg sO mUcH fUn On eXcAlibUr

t. butthurt glaive rogue

Sure, much of what you said is true but do you really think he's just gonna shut it down after spending the last few years building his own core? Scriptcraft really wasn't good at all and it clearly showed that he didn't have much time to spend on it. Thinking he's just randomly gonna shut it down again this time is pretty naive.