What the fuck does "slow traffic keep right" mean?

What the fuck does "slow traffic keep right" mean?
I started driving less than a month ago (am 21) and it really confuses me.
What if I need to make a left turn?

it means stop driving slow in the far left lane you fucking mongoloid. Left lane for passing, right lane for cruising

It mean don't cruise in the passing lane dipshit

>What if I need to make a left turn?

Slow faggots keep right.

Those signs are on multilane highways/freeways. If you have to take a left exit, speed up to speed of traffic for the left lane when you're in it.

>Those signs are on multilane highways/freeways
Ohhh.
That makes more sense.
So I can stay in the left hand lane if the posted speed limit is under 80kmph

No. Those signs are only in the highways because retards camping in the left lane creates an even more dangerous situation that on slower roads

No, stay in the right unless it's like a metro area street with intersections for businesses or whatever on either side.

I realize this is likely a bait thread, but I'm shitfaced right now. You remain in the right lane unless it's necessary that you leave it. This does not necessarily apply during interstate travel so long as you aren't in the farthest left lane.

If it's a regular city street it doesn't apply, only highways.

Those signs are usually on dual carriageways/motorways and exist for lorries/large vans/people towing things. The two outside lanes are for overtaking.
If you need to make a turn there will be a slip road and an overhead roundabout/junction.

fuck you

Started driving at 21? What the fuck!?

Right traffic means going less than or equal to the speed limit, generally these people are getting off an exist on a highway or right turn.

Left lane usually is for passing and going faster than the speed limit, sometimes up to +20mph faster. These people want to get places fast.

Ignore these rules, and you fuck up the flow.

Need to make left turns on highways a lot then?

The speed limit doesn't matter and stop pretending like it does. I don't care if you're going 20 over the limit--if you aren't immediately or soon to be overtaking a car in the lane adjacent to your right, move right. If you are going faster than the car in front of you, move one lane to the left when clear and overtake.

You don't have to be driving as "slow" as the speed limit or below to belong in the right lane, nor do you have to be traveling above the speed limit to move left to overtake a slower vehicle.

I started driving when I was 22, come at me. That was 6 months ago

>implying i'm going to constantly switch between right and left when i'm going faster than everybody else on the road

if someone comes up behind me i move over, otherwise i sit in the left

It stupidly does apply on city streets in many highway codes around the world. In my city we have a movement of "left lane bullies" who typically have huge "MOVE OVER" banners on their windows or who may go so far as to impersonate police officers and tailgate/flash lights/etc. to scare cars turning left up ahead out of the left lane so they have their own personal speeding lane. They think if they do this enough people will start "getting the message".

The only time you should really be expected to move over to the right on a city street is for emergency vehicles, and even then Germany of all places (pic related) and some other countries require you on freeways to move over to your adjacent shoulder and have the emergency vehicle lane split. This is much quicker and safer because you're using space you already have in a traffic jam instead of everyone frantically trying to squeeze into the right lane. This could very easily be implemented on four-lane city streets that have central dividers by adding a bike-lane like shoulder to either side to pull over into and making the road wide enough for all types of cars to fit through.

I remember reading a post on here about an user from Toronto not being able to get his dying friend to the hospital in time because no one would get out of his way, but forcibly moving people over like that as to miss their turns en masse for no other reason 99.9999% of the time isn't worth the frustration in my opinion. A better solution would be looking into other ways to reduce travel times like Michigan's Telegraph road.

I also remembered reading that a bill to enforce "keep right" on city streets and freeways in Florida was shot down by Jeb Bush because they thought it would only increase frustration from all drivers since it's unrealistic on city streets and huge freeways with left lane exits. Hopefully my city stops this dangerous notion too before it catches on.

toronto user should have driven on the shoulder

Driving too fast in a lane adjacent to an onramp is dangerous, especially a bunch of cars all driving faster than what a car and especially truck can reasonably accelerate to in order to merge with traffic. Where I live we have a huge speeding problem and cars often are forced either back off the highway or onto the shoulder because the on ramps simply aren't long enough to have them merge with a bumper to bumper traffic going 25mph over the design speed of the road, especially trucks who are electronically limited to far below that speed and who couldn't travel that fast safely anyway.

I here many stories about people driving even at "normal" speeds in the right lane of a 4 lane section of autobahn and have to stand on the brakes for a merging car or truck because they couldn't safely move over left to let them in. I think part of the reason many autobahns are now 6 lanes is to keep the right lane closer to 50-60mph, a middle lane with a mode of around 80mph (the advisory speed), and the right lane for faster traffic that will temporarily more over to the center when safe to let approaching cars by. This drastically reduces lane changes in the scope of the average driving habits there and makes merging much safer because all entrances and exits are to the right in unrestricted zones. It also helps to reduce the congestion in the right lane making merging easier.

>t. have a rich uncle who lives in Germany 6 months out of the year

I think he was taking city streets. Also driving on the shoulder of a Toronto freeway is suicide