VOLVO is so dumb

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Okay, I understand the big fuel economy thinking here but come on, this SUV is begging for a supercharged V8 or a V6 under the hood rather than a 2L 4cyl engine bullshitted on with a turbocharger and a supercharger.

They should had just left the XC90 out of the 4 cylinder thingy.

HYBRIDS AND EVS ONLY BY 2020

Its for moms that think a big car is safer.

>this SUV is begging for a supercharged V8
Is it? Why?

This looks like a pretty nice SUV, right?

So what do you think the engine options are? Is it packing a forced induction V6? Maybe even an NA V8?

Nope, it's literally a hugely oversized Golf and the biggest engine you can get in it is a fucking NA VR6.

not every car is supposed to have a powerful engine????
what in the world??????

A 2 liter turbo 4 is barely enough to get a huge pigfat SUV like that moving, and it's gonna be stressed as all hell.
90% of those things will need a new engine after a couple of years, mark my fucking words.

Because the Range Rover exists? And it could've been a great alternative for V8 buyers?

Want more alternative? X5 V8 models exists. Mercedes GL V8 exists. The LX570 exists.

Some of the above mentioned SUVS also have a V6 but not a 4cyl!

The Atlas is not even in the segment the XC90 or other luxury SUVS are. Dafuq are you talking about.

I'm talking about the Atlas being a massively overgrown Golf pretending to be an SUV.

I'm with you m8 because I already have the thought that engine is oozing out the maximum horsepower it can at it's total best.

SUVs are slow anyway, why does anyone get a boner for displacement in this context? All it needs is enough power and torque to roll up to highway speed. It's not an exciting vehicle no matter what.

So no reason other than the fact that other manufacturers make v8 SUVs? Okay.

Are you saying the T6 is an insufficient engine? Do you think the XC90 doesn't move with 316 horsepower? Have you ever driven an XC90?

Or do you just feel some arbitrary uncontrollable angst at the thought of a full size SUV powered by a 4 cylinder?

But it doesn't put the Atlas in the league the XC90 is. Your whole post doesn't make any sense.

There is a market for v8 suvs.

The Atlas is still a large SUV with an undersized engine, which is a stupid combination regardless of "league".

I haven't driven an XC90 but for 90k I don't want my car to have anything under than a V6.

Sounds like an arbitrary personal preference. How does that make Volvo "dumb"? Because they didn't cater to the personal preference of one particular Veeky Forums user?

marked

Oh do you actually think everyone at that price point wishes for a 4cyl? How did Porsche fans respond when the Cayman turned to a 4cyl? Also how about this "Veeky Forums user" happens to be a owner of 4 restaurants and wishes to buy an SUV he likes?

>STOP LIKING THING
ok?

I agree that the Atlas with that butchy muscular looks deserves a V8 in there or a more powerful V6. But hey The Toureg is gonna go and we are just left with the Atlas. By league I meant the luxury SUV segment.

No.

>how about this "Veeky Forums user" happens to be a owner of 4 restaurants and wishes to buy an SUV he likes?
Get something that doesn't have a 4cyl ?

>But hey The Toureg is gonna go and we are just left with the Atlas.
That sucks, at least the Touareg was somewhat competent off-road.

Dude, what you mean. I love the XC90 and my dad has owned an XC90 with a V8 for many years and we loved it.

But at the end of the day yeah, I can only wish Volvo put a V6 or a V8 in there.

He's saying that making a 2 liter handle that kind of boost and pull that large of a vehicle is too much stress and it's going to cause problems.

I'm pretty sure Volvo will somehow manage to not go bankrupt even without your precious patronage, no matter how many restaurants you own.

That's right and poor sales is the reason.

Do you have a source for that or is it just conjecture?

>How did Porsche fans respond when the Cayman turned to a 4cyl?
Oh their sales went down.

>There is a market for v8 suvs.
There is a market for lots of things, what's your point?

Out of context question. Why did Cayman go 4cyl?

Damn right. The 4cyl was like a lawnmower in there when I test drove one last month which had a total sticker price of 103k with options. I expected it make a little more sound but nope, it has the sound as similar as a Civic's 4cyl. The power, it's there but the experience was meh. But I think the EPA or the emissions control has to blamed because of their rules and shit or it's Volvo on their fuel economy thing like you said.

You better choose a RR Sport V8S or a LX570 like you mentioned. Those are great alternatives by the way.

EU emissions tests that heavily favor smaller turbocharged engines, and CO2 taxes.

Same reason all manufacturers are sizing down their engines - emissions and muh fuel economy

>Traverse engine
>suv

>implying they can build V8 engine

Does that mean older V8 XC90s are reliable engine wise?

I think his point is that it's stupid that they're leaving such a lucrative market untapped.

Volvo has been dead for a long time. There is only Ovlov now.

I see no issue with this, Yamaha is known for making great engines
Yeah the engines in the xc90 and in the s80 are known to be reliable, unsure about the rest of the cars

I just bought an Atlas for my wife. In sport mode the acceleration is good in the 6cyl model.

You displacement fags are delusional. Want to know one of the top comparison metrics between family cars? MPG.

6 cyl is plenty for any family vehicle outside of something like the Suburban.

I like the twincharged engine.
The s60 polestar or whatever drives really well

early v8s had a balance shaft problem (2005) i had to replace the valve cover gaskets in my s80 v8

Europeans can't into SUVs

CX-5 is the same.

Not really. The xc90 is about 4400lbs with 250hp while the cx5 is 3500 with 187hp.

who the fuck cares suv's are slow boring pieces of shit driven by soccermoms and literal faggots.
Want performance? Buy a real car.
Want offroad? Buy a real car.
Want to haul your family? Buy a real car.

all suv's exist for is to make people feel like they matter in the car world despite giving 0 shits about anything car related.

if you drive an suv you're a faggot.

t. suv winter beater, featherweight spartan midship for summer