freemusicarchive.org
*NEW!* fantasymusica.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/8xol4
teamessell.com/AGDG/References and Guides/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for final days of progress.

>amateur can be better than pros
Being proud is one thing but this is bullshit.

Bioware exist

>implying you won't have to patch your shit for months after release

We gonna make it boys

That's what you get for tagging your posts "amateur"

we planned to anyway.

Is the guy making that breakout clone with the amazing graphics here?

If so, do you have a tumblr or anything?

Except it's true. All being a pro means is you are paid to do thing, but you don't have to be paid to study something autisticly.

Some guy in his spare time spent every single day practicing how to do portraits. He started drawing like a 2nd grader as an adult and kept at it for 10 years and was master level at that point, but he still was an amateur because he made no money from it.

Source is conceptart.org, where he posted progress basically everyday for 10 years.

nice art

tell me about your game because I want to hear more about it because it looks like a genre I'm bigly interested in

top secret nothng to see here, move along.

NO

is it a train simulator or a train station management game
reply to this post if its a train simulator
don't reply to this post if its a train station management game

Where's homodev?

train is just there, it's not a huge part of the game in itself alone.

Can you guess the retro AGDG game?

What's wrong with platformers?

From the preview I thought it was lolisim with a bunch of npcs spawned

Su-sugoi!!

when did Veeky Forums get moderation?

The walls being isometric and everything else being top down is kind of awful.

Otherwise I love autistic building games, and it looks like one of those, so keep it up!

It didn't, I deleted my post, since in retrospect it was foolish.

Oh, for a second I thought there was a new agdg jani recruited from the latest drive.

If we banned all the shitposters there'd be nobody left I guess

Basically, yeah. The yesdevvers don't come around that often.

Don't be silly

So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I want to keep my games resolution and aspect ratio at all sizes but the resolution I chose does not scale well at all.

1 is pixel perfect on fullscreen. I hate the black void around it.

2 is scaled while keeping the aspect ratio. Pixels are distorted. Looks horrible.

3 is scaled with a filter on it. Looks better than the distortion but now my game is blurry at any resolution other than the games native.

I want to design the game around this specific resolution(not for any super important reason, I just like how it looks) but it looks worse in fullscreen no matter what.
I honestly don't know what the best solution is

thx

>If we banned all the shitposters there'd be nobody left I guess
I have pretty much all the usual shitposters filtered and yeah threads seem way more slow but way more enjoyable too. It also helps a lot to have more time to dev.

What about UI? Or just drawing more tiles?

Or if you're really attached to that exact number of tiles just draw it all bigger since it looks like crappy placeholder art anyway?

RIP in pieces Clarent

I'm out of the loop. Fill me in, will ya?

Game's been dead for many months

I dunno, but I'm still buttmad some faggot mod banned me for memeing because it's "off topic".
But...the vast majority of us are user.

I'm sadder about Sorcerobe. Apparently just on "hiatus" but everyone knows how that goes.

I did have someone irl link me to their new project's tumblr though. Haven't seen anything about it for a bit.

Yes, but most shitposts are repetive catchphrases, so they are usually pretty easy to filter.

He post almost daily about their new proyect on his tumblr. Sorcerobe hasn't been talked about on a while.

Anyone got that link to the folder full of references that some user here made?

3D or 2D?

The one on google drive? Link to that is on the aggydaggy.com

1D

It's just the same shit everyday here. And after finally thinking that source faggot spammer was gone he's back too?

Bye agdg.

2D is a meme

3D is a meme

>google drive
ipfs when?

yeah they didn't even delete his posts.

Reddit is honestly better.

Nah, it had a bunch of pictures of various things, categorized. Like a folder full of game UIs, low poly 3D models, forest pictures, etc.

depends on the game you want to make.

Sorry, I have no idea then.

A vote for Reddit is a vote for Unity.

>his game doesn't have the temporal dimension

He came back when loli rape programmer came back from 8ch. I'm sure it's a coincidence and they're not the same person.

the source spam started when loli rape sim dev got ran out of agdg in 2015. it is literally him and he's literally insane and a pedophile

Wait, I know what you mean but just hold on. You seem like a quality person, so why not stay and make things better instead of leaving?

Also, on that note, it's time to get serious. Are you looking for an artist? Or is anyone for that matter?

The fourth dimension is not time that is a shitty meme reeeeeeeee

>source spam
What does this refer to, exactly?

oh sweet summer child

Yes I am new.

Now answer me.

you'll see

A certain poster will post one of a small set of images of a game in development using the source engine, and then for the next couple hours respond to it with disgusted reaction pics and so on. I haven't seen it much lately, but it would happen for days straight, for months at a time

Ah, I see. And you are that person?

No, I hated how disruptive it was. Now I've realized that the state of /agdg/ has nothing to do with my progress so I don't care much.

DEJA VU streamable.com/8xol4

Roads now connect properly. Added new sprites for tile highlighting. Added a few random building variations.

teamessell.com/AGDG/References and Guides/

I have a few in the backup of the old AGDG dropbox repo, but maybe what you were looking at is among it?

comfy but it feels distorted, try and reduce the angle

Who here got their feelings hurt by people telling them they're complete shit?

I know I did.

No more posting progress until I have a completed functioning game. Oh wait, I won't want to post that here either. Smell ya later

>people
Anons are not people.

Okay but is it a tactics game where you control big ol' dinos?

Not me. I'm into that.

My skin is thick as fuck and I don't even have a game yet. And may never, but progress will continue regardless. Buck up, and stop giving a fuck at what people think. Every game is garbage at first. Look at braid.

I just convince myself that the shit aspects that people complain about are "part of the experience".

>My skin is thick as fuck
It's not about having a thick skin. It's about wondering why you're showing your game to thread that doesn't give a fuck about you.

It's just better to stay on tumblr and use reddit and tigsource. I even got 3 youtubers play my demo, you really shouldn't care about agdg's opinion.

>monster jam is a thing
>3 days left
Why do I only find out now.
How do I make a monster girl game in 3 days?

Thanks. It's too late to do any big changes to the perspective, but I'll keep polishing to hopefully make it look better.

Yeah, you can control either team, or control both teams, or play as neither and watch the (dumb) AI fight.

Yeah, it's pointless, but if you don't want to do it, don't do it. I've been with AGDG since it began, so I don't see any reason to stop, even though it's filled to the brim with shitposters. This place is a shithole, but it's partially my shithole, you know? Also, if you filter out the shitposting, you can get valid criticisms you wouldn't get on those sites, since they operate in a more friendly matter. But boy is the valid criticism few and far between. It's not a wonder if you want to ditch on it. No one's making you do anything, after all.

Would anyone play an indie game on PC that works like Animal Crossing, where you can only do so much each real-world day, and are rewarded for playing daily?

On the one hand, it feels like an untapped market, but on the other, it feels like something an indie project couldn't get away with. Most people seem to play games in large blocks, but I also like the idea of something people can play for a bit while queuing in other games or before they get ready for their day. 15 minutes to do what's essential each day, but you could give it an hour or two if you're dedicated.

I guess it could work as a mobile game, but between the limited power of phones and the complete lack of decent controls, I feel like that would limit what I can do.

The endless pit of vitriol helps keep you critical of your own work.

If anons who hate things for no reason like your game you know there's something worth liking there.

If you want a feel good circle jerk you're in the wrong place.

No one is going to play your mobile game on PC.

>unironically responding to the "successful dev tired of this place" shitposter persona
He has been using this gimmick for months now, get the newest agdg handbook.

is your goal to feel good about yourself? You will get more "Good Job!"s at those places, it's true.

>Would anyone play an indie game on PC that works like Animal Crossing,
Sold.
But only if the art is good and comfy.
If it's untextured meme poly or bad indie pixel art you can count me out.

Goddamn, am I that out of touch? I've been absent for too long.

It's been in the OP for a month!
Just treat it like a Ludum Dare now, hurry user, you can do it.

>you really shouldn't care about agdg's opinion.
Agdg can't accept that but it's true. Anonymous opinions are worth literally nothing.

>feels like an untapped market

Maybe you should do more market research than feeling, user

Everyone wishes agdg was more productive every once in a while. The one-in-a-thousand honest criticisms leaves you wishing for more.

>all posts are from the same people, all posts are trolls
It's so weird how the aggregate-user identity works, but it isn't like quite that. Except sometimes it is I guess

I approve.

t. shitposter who has run out countless devs from agdg

I don't care about agdg's opinion on my game, I keep visiting the threads because I like it here and not feeling all the other communities, can't relax on reddit or tigsource.

>The endless pit of vitriol helps keep you critical of your own work.
No it doesn't, it causes brain damage. Why do you think gogem can't move on from here? This place disables devs.

Googem was a broken man before he came here.

How do I do enough monster girl art in 3 days?

It's a monster jam, not monster girl jam.

1 pixel legs meme.

It's not 'monster girl', that's a different thing entirely

Are you saying it can't be monster girls?

Just don't fap while every time you finish the art for one girl.

>monster girls aren't monsters
Wow, racist much?

Of course it can, it's just not limited to it.

No, he has objectively degraded as a developer after committing to agdg and trying to be Mr. Veeky Forums Dev. He was doing well on newgrounds.

>had a full shitpost episode to kill waifu jam
>had a full shitpost episode to kill loli jam
>hhave a full shitpost episode to kill monster girls in monster jam

You really are cancer