Red pill me on the electric car Jew

red pill me on the electric car Jew

is it true that they are more damaging to the environment that regular cars?

I read in some other thread that 1 Tesla battery produces more co2 than driving a V8 for 8 years

if that's the case why are they presented as being more eco friendly?

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/cars/hybrid-electric/news/a27039/tesla-battery-emissions-study-fake-news/
steinbuch.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/tesla-model-s-battery-degradation-data/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*blocks ur union's path*

Building a bunch of fancy new electric cars puts a lot more strain on the environment than you driving your old vehicle.

>is it true that they are more damaging to the environment that regular cars?
Not really. All industrial processes are harmful to the environment in someway. Lithium mining isn't exactly the cleanest thing around, but neither is any other mining operation. All modern electronics are manufactured with rare minerals, and all cars are jam packed full of these.
The electricity you end up charging a Tesla with will likely be created by some coal or natural gas power plant unless you live near a nuke plant. So you're still heavily reliant on fossil fuels even though you're driving an electric.

The whole net input and output is what you'd have to look at, and calculating that is a pretty intensive task. Until batteries radically change and the entire power grid radically changes EVs won't really be the "green" machines that people want them to be. I couldn't rightfully say whether they're better or worse for the environment over all, at least right now. This issue is so heavily political that you can't really trust anyone.

>I read in some other thread that 1 Tesla battery produces more co2 than driving a V8 for 8 years
Its based on a Swedish study that had some questionable methodology. Popular Mechanics says is bogus, so take that for what its worth.
popularmechanics.com/cars/hybrid-electric/news/a27039/tesla-battery-emissions-study-fake-news/

>if that's the case why are they presented as being more eco friendly?
If we're all being perfectly honest the whole appeal of eco friendly things was created by a marketing department, not anyone genuinely environmentally conscious. Its good PR, thats about it.

I think it's the short life of the lithium battery that's makes them bad for the environment. It will fuck the used car market and force the poorfags to buy new disposable cars every few years. Maybe it will be good for the environment if it forces all the poorfags to catch the bus instead of driving.

>poorfags to buy new disposable cars every few years
lol

Back to Drumpfkin

Wat
>>>reddit - - - - - - >

if there is ONE fucking myth that I want to crush, it is the batteries-won't-last-long one. It pisses me off - no offense - when people criticize electric cars because of the dead-in-100,000-miles nonsense. It is flat out wrong. And people like you gobble it up, even when there is actual data which shows 200,000+ mile teslas and 100,000+ mile leafs are doing just fine... But it is 2017 and I guess data doesn't mean anything anymore, eh?

t. r/The_Donald

I'll believe it when I see it. I've never know a battery to last 5 years plus. It would be even worse if you live towards the tropics.
>imblying r/thedolan is woke on the jq

Jews have higher IQs than wh*tes, which is why they are the master race

Here's the data you ordered, ma'm

t. Schlomo Noseberg
t. 5mins in Excel

oh hi /pol/. I guess I should have assumed you don't actually care about facts. Fuck off from Veeky Forums please

here's the source if you somehow happen to care.

steinbuch.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/tesla-model-s-battery-degradation-data/

t. Cumskin having a chimpout

This isn't true. Real ethnic Jews are heavily inbred and borderline retarded, they have the highest rate of interbreeding in the world right along with Pakistanis, and each group suffers enormous hereditary health issues because of it. Israeli citizens often get extensive DNA testing done when they get married before having children to make sure they aren't unknown relatives because of it.
Only Ashkenazis have high average IQ, and when you extrapolate the data down they're no different from any other highly educated European population. After all Ashkenazis are just European Jews.

Wear leveling is a thing, its a fact of life. Batteries not only decrease in capacity as they charge cycle, but they lose their ability to store a charge, and their charging characteristics degrade over time as well. This is no different from the loaded spring issue. Manufacturers address it by having batteries/springs with a certain percentage overprovisioned so the end user doesn't see much of the impact over time. It still happens.

Only skimmed through but
>data collected in moderate climate
>only measured in distance travelled, no mention of how the car performs after 5 years.
I'm impressed with the 200,000km tho.
Nice rhetoric

>you aren't allowed to browse multiple boards
Veeky Forums, /g/, Veeky Forums, /int/, /pol/ /diy/ checking in

it still happens yes. But it doesn't matter. see: what do you mean by perform?

>steinbuch.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/tesla-model-s-battery-degradation-data/
id rather battery degradation over time vs. over kms

Sorry, shit wording. I mean how the battery degrades over time. Most poorfags buy vehicles that are over ten years old and I can't see a battery surviving that long whether at 50,000km or 300,000

This is what happens to you when you drive gas cars, white boi

why not. the data shows that it plateaus.

Not in relation to years tho.

Brave niggers.

>is it true that they are more damaging to the environment that regular cars?

Who gives a shit? The reasons you should want electric cars are
1. Oil WILL run out soon™
2. Oil should be earmarked for shit that will be difficult substitute for in the near future (Jets, pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals, etc)
3. You don't make Ackmed Mohammad rich while he's raping your wife, kids, pets, and grandparents.
4. Your kids wont kill themselves by running the car in the garage.

>It will fuck the used car market and force the poorfags to buy new disposable cars every few years

>Buy used electric with low battery life
>Take out battery
>Remove the worn out 18650 cells
>Sell them on ebay as 100000mah cells to idiots just like the chicks do
>Buy a fuckton of good Japanese 18650 cells
>Reinstall battery
>???
>Profit!

Electrical Car refurbishing will be where it's at in the near future.

Extremely lightweight and aerodynamic econoboxes with all the modern engine technologies would be better for the environment than an electric car.
Cutting fuel consumption by 1/3 or even 1/2 on new cars would make a bigger difference in the amount of oil consumed than Tesla, as more people would be able to buy cheap and frugal cars than expensive electric ones.

>I've never know a battery to last 5 years plus

It all depends how it's manufactured and used. Ones designed to last and (dis)charged slowly will last a long time. Cheapo ones that are stressed harder will die much faster.

So the power that actually pushes the car forward has to come from somewhere either way, and the majority of the US's electricity comes from fossil fuels, and most of the rest from nuclear...

But idk, maybe there's some spooky grid magic I'm not aware of.

Your graph shows cycles, goober. That has nothing to do how the battery performs with age. Get your shit together, senpai
I think unless the world goes nuclear, electric cars are and will remain a meme.

>N-no!! F-Fake news!!
Nice chimpout

Sperg more

Literally all of them are shitholes