Is it a good idea to buy a previous rental Car? There is a 2016 camry SE that I was looking...

Is it a good idea to buy a previous rental Car? There is a 2016 camry SE that I was looking. Fits right within my budget and is from a franchise dealer (Honda). But it is a rental car. What is Veeky Forums's take on this

I wouldn't.
Rental cars tend to be thoroughly abused, and frequently get insufficient maintenance.

As someone who has rented several cars in his life, no.

No one treats a rental car nicely. The last one I had was a Chevy Cruze in 2014. I abused it so horribly, flooring it and riding out each gear to redline. I fucking slammed the doors, hit potholes without a care, took corners hard and slammed the brakes. Mainly I was testing its handling (it's quite poor), but also I hate Chevrolet and was still mad about my Mazda being murdered by that inconsiderate bitch on her cellphone.

TL;DR No, rental cars are always abused and poorly maintained. Think about - would you adopt a kid who had been abused before they came to you? Fuck no.

>buying a non-toyota certified car from a non-toyota dealership.
If it's a CPO from toyota, you're good to go. If not, and it's a rental = no

>tfw FJ was CPO from reputable Toyota dealer

But wouldn't honda have their own certification.

Not for other makes of cars. They want you to buy a Honda first and foremost.

>2016 Corolla S Plus for $12,900 dollarydoos ex rental
>15k miles
>saw on wednesday
>called dealership to have appointment on friday afternoon
>gone thursday
>mfw
Different warranties.

>falling for the certified used car scam
I worked at dealerships in the past and certified cars are the same as any other used car.

>except the included warranties

The warranty doesn't last that long.

It depends on which manufacturer you're talking about. Not all of them offer the same warranties. What dealerships did you work for? There are manufacturer certified cars and there are """"""""""""certified""""""""""" cars

>the Corolla S meme

Why does anyone think the S is any better than the regular shitty boring Corolla? They're both slow as fuck and ugly.

It was priced below the usual LE trims and has those fancy shit since it's an S. I agree, I've driven both. LE's (and maybe Ls?) are slow and comfy. S's are slow and stiff.
>"""sport-tuned""" suspensions

I've worked for Honda and Toyota all of the "certified" cars they just "check" the fluids maybe an oil change and put on new cheap tires at most of they're worn out and are detailed and then thrown in the front.
It's a fucking scam basically.

>since it's an S
*Plus
And also
>grocerymobile
>ugly

proofs

You sound like a bitter shit-hick tech who works for GM.

I'm calling complete bullshit on your story, fuccboi.

>buying a camry
y tho?

they literally give you a list of shit they check when you buy a certified car from them and you can literally go to an independent mechanic and confirm that they did and you can sue them for breach of contract if it's found that they didn't do shit.

>they literally give you a list of shit they check when you buy a certified car
Anyone can check off a list.

>not reading the entire thing
Hick detected

don't buy a 2016 Camry

you can literally buy a new 2017 Camry for cheaper or barely more money out the door in many markets.

t. dealership employee

>you can literally buy a new 2017 Camry for cheaper or barely more money out the door in many markets.
>barely more money
About $3-4 grand more in North Cali

You're making up nonsense. Toyota and Honda CPO inspections are rigorous. The warranty is offered by the manufacturer and not the dealership, if you let something slip through it will come back to you. It's generally up to the tech whether the car is worth being a CPO or not, there's no reason to just push a fucked up car through since the inspection takes more time and you have more liability vs. a car just going on the used lot.

just get a civic for 3k or a v6 accord.

Im in the bay area. None of the dealers around me have a 2017 camry in stock. Only 2018

are you the fag from the other day that wanted to buy a shitbox from a dealer because smog and shit?

oh fuck me, I meant 2016. Don't buy 2017 tho, you'll be buying near-new prices (less 2500 lel) for an "old" vehicle. Either pony up for the 2018 or get a 2016

Do they even have 2017 ?

Same story here with a 2014 Cruze when some dumb bitch with a blowup doll in the back seat drove into me doing an illegal turn.

Redlined every gear and then some. Hell half of the time driving in city I just left it 1st gear manual mode to be obnoxious.

>managing to get 17mpg out of a 1.6L NA shitbox rated for "up to 62mpg" or whatever the fuck

this

i drove a rental corolla for some time and I always floored it

different markets than midwest and eastern us.

you mother fuckers have Longo.

So get in a car and DRIVE you lazy piece of shit

Martin?

I treat all my rental cars nicely.

Anyone got those webms saved of that user who posted himself jamming shit into the transmission box?

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Are you all retarded?

New? Not anymore

Depends on miles and area. If its under 20k miles and not near diversity, you're golden

No, the people renting the car to me and the people buying the rental car after are retarded.

There's a reason why rental cars are the fastest cars in the world.

Don't.

For the love of god, don't.

Very few people treat rental cars nicely. Do you really want a car that somebody didn't care about? People who get these cars know they don't have to deal with the repercussions of not treating the cars properly. Don't let somebody else's problem become yours.

This.. obviously not everyone is the same