/pg/ - Persona General

Back to Basics Edition

Last thread: NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1F0wSO0dCPC2WBaHKiJ5g0jByH7VS1vCBq6tG1RTKz9c/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=IstQEy_G0Yg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love Ann!

Claiming this fantastic, fashionable, flirty femme-fatale.
Best model.
Most compassionate.
I'm so proud of Ann. I love her.

But speaking of Makoto, I think the reason she might be getting more time than other girls is because her initial arc sucked. For example we're talking about Ann here, in her introduction she gets many of these scenes at the start that make you want to like her. Her looking pretty in the rain, chasing her down and crying in the restaurant.

Makoto's initial arc didn't really make me like her. Everything that happened regarding the yakuza occurred because she was an idiot. While I do think that they may have gone overboard, it feels like they're making up for an introduction that was bad. I guess they couldn't figure out a way to get the party involved with the yakuza while also introducing Makoto in a way that was more pleasant.

Kawakami is the most beautiful cake in the world!

Futaba a Cute-aba

she's mine

What would a black version of persona 5 look like?

Makoto is love
Makoto is life
Makoto WILL be my wife!

Ohya is better than your trash waifu

You waifus are all lovely

robot is forever!!

That's a good way of looking at it, rather than assuming they were forcing her on us like I had believed.

Fan game still exists and is running on pure spite

docs.google.com/document/d/1F0wSO0dCPC2WBaHKiJ5g0jByH7VS1vCBq6tG1RTKz9c/edit

Where are my Pixie doujins?

Goro is for Mommy!

Yours too.

I effin' love mai Chibikoto Sue!

2 months.
it's been 2 FUCKING months.
Just stop. P5 was a fucking disaster. There isn't a single good thing about it. Not ONE. It's time to stop pretending.

Okay someone be straight with me. Persona 5 made me want to get into this series more, I played a little bit of Persona 4 back in the day before life got in the way, so I'm not too much of a stranger to this stuff. But what I want to know is mainly if the earlier game's definition of "difficulty" is like the Goro Akechi boss fight

If so I'll pass. This isn't difficult or challenging, it's just tedious
>Physical Wall
>Physical Wall
>Physical Wall
>Magical Wall
>Magical Wall
>Magical Wall
>Fire Attack
>Almighty Attack
>More Buffs
>Gets a move with ridiculously high crit rate so he can get extra moves
>Also Persona 5's super duper interesting formula on what makes an enemy "difficult"
>What are they weak to?!?!
>Oh literally nothing
Like seriously. That was time consuming. Nothing else. It wasn't fun, wasn't intense, wasn't even interesting.

I love Haru!

I thought it was p good
it was better than 4 at least

2 months.
Just stop. P5 was a good fucking game. There isn't a single good reason to be contrarian about it. Not ONE. It's time to stop shitposting.

Joker and Ryuji would stay the same since they are basically jamals, ann would be an Instagram model, yusuke is a graffiti artist, makoto is a thot, harus dad owns popeyes, futaba runs worldstar hiphop and goro is a hitman for the crips.

The door is that way.
USE IT!

nigger just throw a Grimekhala in front of him for fucks sake

Marrying Haru and running a coffee shop with fluffy kids.

2 months.
Just stop. writefag week was a fucking disaster. There isn't a single good thing about it. Not ONE. It's time to stop pretending.

I want shove Chie's thick muscular leg all the way up her own ass and watch her squirm

Persona 4 is Persona 5 but worse, if you didnt like 5 you'll hate 4. Play other MegaTen games for more engaging gameplay.

YHVH bless Tetra and Makara Break, tho.

Sae is a bedwetter!

did you even read the post

Let's post some Haru.

The paralysis of choice

youtube.com/watch?v=IstQEy_G0Yg

Sae is a romance option in Crimson!

or you could just have Joker put on something that nulls phys and poke him. Or you could even not bother fusing personas and just have a shitty dagger equipped.

>Romancing the girl who gets you arrested

Please stop. Sae is not worth redeeming.

I love her more

Sae smells!

I enjoyed most of 5 but from Okumura on the game seemed to shit the bed

Sae's palace was okay I guess

Im not too much into autism fusion.

Conflicted about my time with Person 5. Overall I definitely had fun and enjoyed it. But I think I would still rank it 3rd between being P4, P3, and P5 in that order.

I guess my main problem with it is that it felt like a check list for persona. Got social links? check. Got that school life? check? Got dungeons to crawl through? Check. Got a funny/quirky mascot? Check.

I suppose there are worse checklists to to work from but I wouldve liked for a bit more innovation out of persona 5. That said, undoubtedly this is the best soundtrack. Not even close. But I wish I could've enjoyed it as much as I wanted to.

Maybe it's just a case of too much anticipation? Theory of diminishing returns? Who knows.

Sae has hairy armpits! Sae works so hard she doesn't have time to self groom!

being a jaded fuck tends to be the right answer to this question

Nobody likes Okumura's Palace, problem was the dungeons drag on for too long. Still as far as gameplay is concerned 5 is objectively the best in the series.

probably...

Just buy back one of the null Phys personas you caught in the previous Palaces.

why don't you pick all of the above then

That's a cute Makoto I haven't seen yet

I liked Okumaras Palace. Had a cool space vibe going on. Futabas palace is the worst and is so fucking boring. Heres so me sand and a bunch of fetch quests to progress through it.

I liked Okumura's Palace. The aesthetics of it, at least.

The puzzles were tolerable and easier than I expected.

same

Okamura's palace was cool, like the other anons are saying, but I felt like it went on forever too.
My main problem with it was that fuckass elephant and Scathath.

I liked all of the dungeons honestly, can't think of one that stuck out as bad to me

Haru!

Really? Okumura's Palace was so tedious to me, the first part was just find the group of enemies and let rng handle the rest like four times, the next part was just make bridges to keep going, and the last was a basc switch puzzle. The music sucked too.

>fuckass elephant
>knock him down
>negotiate to end the fight
>don't lose exp most of the time because they stuck him in mostly solo encounters for this very reason

Play a real Shane Megumin Turntable game you fucking nerds

I didn't like the end of Kaneshiro's with all the vaults you had to go through and the passcode shenanigans and there were too many rat sections in Shido's palace but other than that they were okay.

I will play an SMT game again the second they stop sucking

Have a Fuuka, she brings good luck.

My strategy for elephants was:

>Ambush
>Bless
>Negotiate for money/item.

NURGLE HAS SEEN FIT TO REWARD YOU, PLAGUED ONE.

but I am playing sheen mogammy: ten says four right now

I started playing IV but stopped playing right when you see the undercity. I need to go back to it.

Joker > Yu > Door-tan > Door-kun

real shun magumbos tonsai fans only plays nockchurne, featuring fucking Donte from the DmC series..

>forgot to say rabbit six months in a row now
FUCK

I will when they stop trying to make it Persona, Apocalypse triggered me

would agree if everything that came out after P4 vanilla didn't exist. Yu is undeniably the worst.

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

I beg your pardon?

I never actually touched the P4 spin-offs /movies. Is it that bad?

I assumed you knew because it's the first of june and you posted bunny fuuka
it's a /jp/ thing

Don't listen to him user P4 spinoffs really were that bad, yeah.

Its like if someone got a shitty anime, lets say Baka to Test or some shit, and wrote fanfiction about it. The spin offs are Baka to Test fanfiction

Oh, I see.
Well, I don't browse /jp/ and I didn't know that was a thing, sorry if I misled you into believing I did.
Although it is a pretty funny coincidence.

>P5C
>secret Joker dungeon
>it just reveals Jokers lust for older women

spinoffs unimportant, vanilla anime bretty gud
[spolier]golden anime AVOID LIKE SIDEWALK DOG SHIT[/spoiler]

P4A had more QUALITY than Senran Kagura has PLOT

Still enjoyable for what it was.

I'LL DO IT! I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I'LL DO IT!

doesn't matter, it was fun

Go ahead, it'll bounce right off

At least the protagonist was "deep" and "hilarious".

I watched the Golden anime for a few episodes. Putting a 100+hour game into a 1 season anime show doesnt make any sense.

PURGE FLUFF

Official Party Member Tiers

COMPLETE GARBAGE FOR THE 1ST 95% OF THE GAME, THEN SUDDENLY GOD TIER (AKA CHIE TIER):
Ryuji

MONAFIED BONAFIDE TIER:
Morgana

HIGH TIER:
Yusuke, Haru, Ann

OK TIER:
Makoto, Goro

>he hasn't noticed that Haru already blown a hole in his sternum with her rapid fire grenade launcher

you won't

yusuke should either get his own tier or switch into ryuji's nonsense tier

Daily reminder that I love Labrys.
I want to hold Labrys tight and tell her everything is going to be okay.
I want to have her nuzzle into my chest as I hold her close and twirl her hair in my fingers.
I want to to truly feel alive. To know that despite being a machine, she is loved.
I want to teach her about the world, about life, about nature, and watch her experience new things.
I want to make a child with her, designing and programming it, raising it with love.
I want to grow old, dying in my bed as Labrys and our mechanical children look on.
I want to be reborn as a Cyborg so we can be together till the end of time.

>Mona being anything other than a shit bench tier

Yeah you're probably right. The "more damage after baton pass" skills are pretty dumb.

PQ is the best persona game.

I like them all about equally. Is something wrong with me?

>implying I AM THE SENATE Shido wasn't the best boss fight of the game.

I know people say this about it but I'm not a fan of the comedy added in the P4 anime. Somehow the repetitive jokes that I found tolerable in P4 were less so in P4A because they put in the worst parts, like Chie overreacting and beating up Yosuke and more jibes against Kanji that Yu never really joined in on in the original but did here.

>COMPLETE GARBAGE FOR THE 1ST 95% OF THE GAME, THEN SUDDENLY GOD TIER (AKA CHIE TIER):
>Ryuji
Uh. Can't tell if this is serious or not but I felt like Ryuji was consistently one of the most powerful party members in the game

>Akechi
>Not God Tier

Why did you tease us with the best party member Atlus