Yamaha a best edition

>Motorcycle Related Japanese Cartoons
>Motorcycle Crashes
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

/dbt/ map updated Last month:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

don't buy a cool bike and then wreck it a week later alright?
Exciting motovlogs
Thread over yonder

Other urls found in this thread:

a2bikes.co.uk
cycle-ergo.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for /nobikes/

Second for cafe

>having a bike with a different birthplace than you

List of good bikes made in the US: EBR 1190 maybe, some really expensive electric bikes that get 90 miles of range with an eager throttle hand
List of good bikes made in denver, colorado:

I crashed my bike a couple weeks ago, it was raining and I was going 100km/h, I slid down the road for a little bit. My neck was sore for a few days and that was all. The bike was fine too, only the knob on the end of the handlebars was scratched and the mirrors got lose.

The thing is that I should be sore still, my bike should have been more fucked. I think I am actually dead. Like I should be buried in the ground by now. It all feels the same just slightly more shitty than before.

How can I tell if I actually died in that crash or not?

that's my kind of dirtbike
10/10

What do you do when the cost of maintenance and repairs for your bike is worth more than the bike itself

Are CO2 fillers legit? I have pic related for my bicycle, but wondering if it wouldn't help in a pinch. Enough to get to free air.

Confirm Yamaha a best.

sell

dont buy italian again

What's with these abysmal OPs

wanna buy a bike?
>a2bikes.co.uk is a database of starter bikes
>cycle-ergo.com will let you see how you sit on it

Walk into traffic. It should become apparent whether you are indeed dead or alive.

Delet
You ruined it

Oh well
First crash?
Statistics say you'll have another and survive that one too
On the upside you're now statistically one of the safest drivers around

Learner bikes are a dumb meme and cycle ergo disregards a lot of important details that can make a leaned over seating position surprisingly comfy.

The idea of a starter bike is a one size fits all government scheme to ensure that the idiots among us can not go too fast and then fail to steer while going 100+ mph. They're the norm in countries with socialzied healthcare because more idiots crashing = more tax burdens. I think most people are capable of making their own decisions, and if they do, anything bad that happens is their fault. Like crashing, or wasting time and money on a slow as shit budget grade beginner bike. Americans who ignore that starter bike nonsense and just get what they like to ride do so rightfully.

It's a cb250 nighthawk
Right now it needs
>new clutch
>Carb rebuild and rejet
>Forks straightened
>New tires
>Exhaust welding or replacement
>New chain
>New front sprocket
>New rear sprocket
>New brake cables
>New clutch cable
>New air filter
>Oil change
And that's just off the top of my head

A lot of those are wear items

The carbs don't need rejetted. Gaskets are $20. The clutch shouldn't run you more than $100. Welding the exhaust could be as cheap as $0. Ask a local welder or a friend with a welder. Forks could be a couple hundred but that's alright, the bike itself is easily worth $2k. Get them off a salvage bike and they could be cheaper.

Fuck off nobike
Small, light bikes are fun as fuck and a great way to learn

>Nighthawk
>2k
They cost a little more than that new
The exhaust is aluminum. If anyone is going to do aluminum welding for free I'm gonna have some serious questions for them

As far as the forks go, the forks aren't bent themselves, just misaligned from a lowside. I just need to undo the triple clamps and bounce on it a few times from what I can tell (smacking the wheel against the wall only helped temporarily)

I guess I'll just have to fix it over the course of a few months

No fucking way The exhaust is aluminum, fampai
Prolly is cheapo chromed stainless

>First crash?
Nah, I've had a few. Bit this one was something else. The lack of damage is concerning. Something should be broken, my body, the bike, just something. Even the phone in my pocket didn't suffer a scratch even though it was what I landed and slid on for a few metres.

I am totally dead at this point.

If you're a weekend warrior and exclusively ride as a hobby, yes, but the only thing stopping you from learning on a 600 like everyone else is your own lack of testicles.

>600
Why would you want an expensive race replica, nobie?
My 750 not only IS better on gas, but makes at idle the torque a 600 makes at 8k

I remember now, on second thought yeah it is shitty stainless, but it's rusted through and pretty much beyond welding. My friend said it'd be as bad as aluminum, that's where that came from

>implying every 600 is a race replica

But enjoy your shitty ptwin or 400cc LAMS bike. Can't go too fast, if you're really dumb you might hurt yourself.

You're probably outside emission laws already, might as well str8pipe it
Not like a honda 250 would ever be too loud

>70hp
>55 torks
Guess what, fucktwat?
It's inside a2 limits
>and less powerful or torquey than my 2cyl

Step up to the fireblade based one and you still have an acceptable bike to start on. Anything that's not a turbo busa or insane literbike that needs an aftermarket steering damper is fine.

Also race replicas are fine and not as twitchy and hard to handle as nobikes say.

Learners don't need to go fast. Putting a 16-21yo on something shit like a Honda CBR125R for a few months would not only decrease fatalities for a few months but also teach them how to not be fuckwits on the road.

t. nobie

>16-21, a range that includes 18-21

You're fucking ridiculous mate.

>here, go slow
>this will teach you to be safe
it teaches them to either quit bikes or stick it out and then go as fast as they can

t. euroscum

I'm not old enough to be riding a BMW yet.

Yamaha, kami nan desu.

F and k series are for youngsters

How do exhaust systems work? Will most any exhaust work for any motorcycle?

>it teaches them to either quit bikes
Good. If you don't have passion or patience then you shouldn't be riding motorcycles in the first place.

We all know the typical motorcycle rider has poor impulse control, that's why 99% of them end up in gangs or criminal activities, by weeding out the low IQ morons the community will be far better off.

Yeah, you are dead.
This is hell.

i guess this is why 100% of racers come from europe and australia
and performance brands
and circuits that are not oval
and riders who can turn

I'm 24 and ride an R1200R.

are you sure that's not because your motorsports culture already had circuit racing in it while the US was too poor to construct pavement tracks and only came as close as motocross and sand racing?

125cc bikes don't teach you to turn. having ten racing schools and two well constructed, maintained, and ACCESSIBLE circuits in one country half the size of montana does.

125cc bikes are, as you said and I said, a one size fits all/catch all plot by the government to lower death rates by delaying big bikes for people until they're older. which isn't a problem for the US because we have too many idiots anyways and we don't pay for eachother's road rash.

Lies. Bike is worth 900 crashed, 1200 otherwise.
The exhaust is the only prohibitive part of that list. Buy the 2-1 system off webike, and it will cost as much as one side. Chain and sprocket can be found cheaply, and you can cut your own cables. Buy a cat litter pan and rebuild the carbs yourself.
I'm to any boneyard and I guarantee they'll have seven rebels you can pull a clutch out of. Or buy the whole engine and tune it to run higher.
Also, your oil is screened. It's literally the cost of liquid.

If you need any manual pages, post while I'm asleep and come back tomorrow. The little twin is super easy to learn to wrench on.

Disclaimer: I'm drunking, and have no idea how to "tune it a little higher."
I hear others say it all the fucking time, but what does that even mean?

>it's the governments job to protect people from themselves

what do you think laws are? take drug laws for example
do they not exist to protect people from themselves?

All drugs should be legalised.

your kind of dirt bike is pigfat and has no ground clearance?

drugged people hurt others so no.

Drug laws are retarded. They only exist under the guise that they're saving other people misery because of you OD'ing or getting fucked up and crashing your car or going nuts and trying to kill somebody.

The governments job is to protect you from other people, not yourself.

No, they exist so that people can be thrown into the prison industry for getting high.

its pretty fucked up when you really think about it, people go to prison with rapists and murderers for having a bad habit that is really no worse than drinking alcohol.

Then why not ban hurting others?

The government just allows the drugs that are most profitable to tax to be legal, the other ones would cost them money so they're illegal.

I would kill for a "drive on motorbikes" film. There is such an unexplored aesthetic to night riding that never gets explored in media. It seems like Everything with bikes in it has to be an Easy Rider, HD wank fest and I'm sick of it.

Yeah i am so sick of hearing about someone smoking a heap of marijuana and then going home to beat his wife and children on the news...

hang on a minute...

YOTO-DA

nice opinion but what does this have to do with the topic
nice conspiracy theories, /x/ is calling
perspective
they ARE protecting you from yourself
they know that most people would try drugs if they were legal and whatever you druggy assholes believe, most people are not made for regular drug use and get all kinds of problems from it (not saying weed is evil and kills you etc etc)

So how dangerous are bikes, really?

If I ride a bike that isn't too powerful, wear all of the gear, never break the speed limit and keep my head on a swivel for other drivers, how likely is it that I'll be killed or maimed?

t. person who wants to ride a bike but also wants to live forever

10 danger

You think prison is not an industry?
or you don't think people get thrown in prison for getting high?

Because both of those things happen user it is not a conspiracy at all...

this meme needs to die
you're just repeating what you have heard on the internet and pretend it's fact

people react very different to drugs
and enough people get aggressive even from something as simple as weed
you don't hear about it because the numbers of people smoking weed is like 1/1000000 of people drinking alcohol
btw you're comparing strong alcoholics to someone smoking weed
compare an alcoholic to a meth head and it would actually make sense

show me one prison that makes profit you dumb cuck
they cost the government so much money it's not funny anymore

It's not really a conspiracy theory, just look at prohibition.
Catering to the lowest common denominator slows progress, more people should die from drug overdoses and crashing motorcycles without helmets, maybe then the average person wouldn't be a fucking retard.
Eugenics was a good thing too.

No, its the government's job to protect its citizens. The other alternative is forcing you to spend some ludicrous amount of time in a drive school, which would cost you a lot more money than a dinky little bike.

Its not just the adrenaline junkies going 300km/h, its the people around them, its the people that are traumatised because some faggot goes under their wheel, its the pile ups they cause, its the traffic hazards and all the other bullshit that goes along with it.

The government can't teach you how to ride a bike, you can only get that from experience, it can however restrict you and force you to have a safer learning experience. Not just for yourself but for everyone else around you.

>person who wants to ride a bike but also wants to live forever
just get a car, the only thing you are going to get from owning a bike is wet.

"Betcha you're the kind of guy who wants to live forever and is bored out of his mind on a sunday afternoon"

Yeah, pretty much. I'd rather live a long and boring life than a quick and exciting one.

This is assuming that medical technology means I'll live 10,000 years rather than 100, by the way.

>people get aggressive from weed
lmao you are seventeen newly discovered forms of retarded.

What ever brain washing they did to you as a child worked a fucking cham mate.

btw about 25% of the Australian population actively smoke weed, thats over 5 million people.

Also no, comparing alcohol to weed is very fair, they are about as bad as each other just in different ways.

that's no how it works, unfortunately.

Fucking nanny state Yuropoors polluting our gene pool

why are you here? go back to r/funny

Because I'd like to ride a bike. I like driving cars, and I like bikes.

I'd just also like to do it with a less than 100% chance of death.

The government contracts penal duties to private corporations. These companies then bribe politicians for larger grants and use prisoners for slave labor under the guise of vocational rehabilitation.
The legislators that apportion these funds bare no personal cost to facilitate this exchange, and can lie about being "tough on crime" because they advocate gulags over rehab.

This is in no way a conspiracy. It is ugly, and therefore ignored.

cuck nannystate california detected

you know what actually makes the government profit instead of imprisoning people? letting them be free so they can consume stuff they don't need and go to work to pay taxes

some people actually believe that absolutely everything is conspiring against them nowadays

Nice projection buddy.

t. eurocuck

I'm no conspiracy nut, but to thing that huge businesses don't lobby politicians behind closed doors is naive.

see

because everything fucking is.
even car dealerships are a fucking scam set up by jews to swindle money from you because of laws made up in the early 20th century.

Know what is worse than people realising everything is fucked?
people like you sitting under your rock going "everything is just dandy outside"

Just because I want to be as safe as possible doesn't mean that either I'm unwilling to take risks or that I think other people shouldn't be able to take risks.

All I want is to know the realistic risks so that I can make a sensible decision rather than going "YOLO almost dying makes you feel alive!"

what a great motorbike related discussion we are having.

>people like you sitting under your rock going "everything is just dandy outside"
nice implication my friendo
I just don't agree with your prison system cosnpiracy theory, because it's absolutely illogical and you faggots just twist it for so long that it fits your shitty world view
we /x/ now, deal with it

Why do people assume the state needs to profit? Capitalist propaganda has destroyed the paradigmatic framework needed for meaningful discussion of any fiscal issue.

It is the function of a state to perform social duties a population wants, but that are larger than any individual to handle properly. In the US, that could be defined as disaster relief and defense. In civilized countries, healthcare and worker's protections.
There is no profit about it. Actually, a surplus is a bad thing because it implies that taxation rates exceed expenditure....therefore taxes need to be lowered.

Have a bike so this is on topic.

Fun fact.
The term "Conspiracy Theory" was created by the CIA to discredit opposition to official government stories and prevent disbelief in them.

When you label something a conspiracy theory they win, remember when the big brother thing was a conspiracy theory until edward snowden proved it to be true?
yeah stuff like that.

>TLDNR:
"conspiracy theory" is CIA slander and they win by you labeling something opposing government statements as a conspiracy theory.

t. lets achmet fuck his wife because it's safer and less risk than making love to her yourself

>Hey guys, I consider safety as one of the factors in making a decision
>"HAHA you clearly don't consider anything but safety! Fukken nerd!"

people get fucked on shit happens.
some people also get hit by lightning so are you never going outside again either?
live life day by day instead of trying to plan for your death.

you will enjoy life more.

so mad he got called out being an europleb he gets all defense and shit lmao
ibet you are german or brit, only they can be so butthurt from being called europoean L O L

Hence, why I asked for a realistic opinion on the risks.

You're suggesting that I wouldn't do anything if there was any risk whatsoever, and are saying that you should completely ignore any risks.

If you're not going to provide anything constructuve, just don't.

Also, don't samefag.

You, and the implied reply are misdirecting the beneficiary of this relationship. A business owner is an individual, who seeks a profit. A legislator is an individual, seeking profit through bribes.
The government is an institution, has no will of its own, and the money that is apportioned to it comes from taxpayers. Because the legislator and profiteer are distantly removed from the scale of "taxpayers," they hold no personal injury to this money being spent.

Learn to fucking read, you cumbreathing moron.

most memes are exactly that, statements blown out of proportion so you can mock it
this is what internet meme culture has become

>So how dangerous are bikes, really?
>If I ride a bike that isn't too powerful

If only there were more people with your mindset in the world. There is some insane statistics out there but if I recall correctly like 90% of bike crashes are from user errors, like taking a corner too fast or running a red light, some truly moronic things. If you obey the road rules (something that the majority of motorbike users are literally incapable of doing because they are retarded) then you should be perfectly fine.

You'll make some mistakes, but its nothing to worry about, just like a regular push bike you may end up with a few scratches. Speed limits are there for a reason, if you follow them you won't get mangled.

im not suggesting shit, first time i have replied to you.
im just saying no one really knows.
i have been riding on the road for 4 and a half years without a maajor accident but with more close calls than i can count, does that help?

As dangerous as you make it

>watching this crash fest
I thought they could ride in Moto2

theres always a chance of that one idiot running a red light and smashing into you at 50kmh from the side, and you cant do anything about it

yes you can, watch what cars are doing like a normal person and if you see someone running the light stop....

when i ride i assume every car on the road will break the law and wants me dead, has saved me countless times.

Try googling some info on motorcycle crash statistics. There's a big one called the Hurt Report and Proficient Motorcycling (a book about riding) has plenty as well.

Squidanon scanned the graphs and some pages from the book but I dont have the images. Perhaps someone can post them for you. They are in the archive as well.

Of course.
But that can happen on any vehicle.
I'm not saying a bike is equally safe as a car, but if you don't do stupid shit, the only thing you have to worry about is the other traffic and the state of the road.

>10 riders crashed in the current moto2 race and we arent even halfway through

god damn

Watch all the no prisoners crash comps on youtube and you can see how bad crashes are and oftentimes what causes them.

has the right mentality. Statistically intersections are the most dangerous. Parking lots have either first or second place overall for collisions though.

There's no such thing as right of way on a bike. Im always thankful and wave when I receive any.

That's an outdated number already

Baird was sarcastic, but I mean it. It literally is the government's job to protect people from becoming danger to self and others. In the given situation, doing time on an underpowered bike increases situational awareness and teaches riding fundamentals in a lower risk environment. Less crashes means less obstructed traffic, less chain-reactions involving other vehicles.
Being licensed to ride a supersport should literally be akin to licensing a semi truck. There's nothing freedom related about it.

Never going to happen, though. With Harley as the national manufacturer of choice, putting any reasonable size or wattage limit in place makes their entire lineup out of reach.