How do you guys speed?

How do you guys speed?

I just can't seem to do it. Every time I try to go above the speed limit I get so paranoid that every car I see come ahead or behind me is a fucking cop.

Listen to Eurobeat.

There's things like Waze and radar detector for confidence.

If I'm doing a top speed run I usually speed down the street 10-15 over the limit. Checking for cops but also if I miss then at least it's a minimum ticket. Then I turn around and floor it.

>be aware of surroundings
>be on the lookout for obvious speed traps
>slow down for obvious speed traps

wow so hard

1: Learn what roads are policed
2: Creap, no one will bother you for doing 1 over, or 1 over that etc
3: Tail someone who's speeding, learn from a pro

Can you see the car markings and have good eyesight? after a while you get a sort of sixth sense about these things, and learn popular speed trap spots. But you probably will get tickets until you learn them

That said you don't have to speed. I do it because its fun but stay in the slow lanes and be on your merry way

Around here we have a shitton of country roads which are barely checked by police as too few people pass through but at the same time you can't you that much faster than 100km/h because of the turns. Therefore even if I run into police the ticket won't be that expensive.
I also have to drive only 15min to get to an unrestricted section of an autobahn but top speed runs get rather boring with not enough power.

op is either an underage, pussy or both

im going with both

well user, you put your foot on the gas, although in a manual car you have to consciously rev it high or put it into the next gear, so it's easier to follow the speed limit in a manual car, whereas in an automatic it's braindead easy to speed and can just happen so easily

>can't go that much faster than 100km/h because of the turns
is that a challenge senpai?

Traffic enforcement in the USA just isn't what it used to be 10 years ago. Cops only care about DUI enforcement anymore.

As long as you are not significantly, dangerously faster than other cars around you there is zero risk of being pulled over. Exceptions are classic small town speed traps and rural highways at night.

Nighttime is always more risky, cops are harder to spot and they are out in force to catch drunks.

i live in the middle of nowhere near a county border, the police from either force can't be bothered to come this far out to catch some speeders

i don't speed though, moral is just find where police don't go if you're desperate

It all has to do with the way driving in general has changed lately.
>no thank you waves
>everyone tries to shove their way out
>tailgating in general
>more immigrants driving than white people
>and they didn't get taught to drive properly

Seriously it doesn't matter how poor a minority is, they typically always drive. No matter how poor or badly trained - they're on the road. Priorities...

Rednecks in brotrucks and old white people, white women, ect drive like shit too. If anything illegals drive their shitty $1000 compact trucks 5mph under to avoid bein pulled over and deported.

Its really because a speeding ticket nets maybe a $50-$250 fine while a DUI can net $10,000-$30,000 fines or more. Rent seeking police departments are not going to waste time enforcing anything else.

How do I speed? Once I realize I'm the fastest guy on the road I know it's time to find the flow of traffic.
>Know the area
>Waze, despite the fact it's quite useless near me
>Only break one law at a time
>I now value my time more than I use to

Quite a few parties gain from DUI arrests.
>Courthouse
>Alcohol and drug therapists
>Attorneys
>Drug testing facilities

Those are about all I know of.

In cali going 100+ mph is misdamenor and they can impound your car and take u in if he really want too. They also used to crush car it if u are caught racing in my county

Lol, you live in a dictatorship?

>california
yes

I really don't anymore, can't be assed. Ever since I got a litre peter bike speeding in a car just feels boring and slightly immature.

>be me
>driving cruise control at 5 over (70 in 65)
>slowly coming up on a cop
>he's going probably 1 mph slower than me
>takes ~5 miles to catch up from when I first see him
>go to pass him
>he swerves in front of me
>turns on his lights
>opens his window, points for me to get back over
>what the fuck.jpg
>am i really going to get pulled over for going 1mph faster than a cop
>get back over to right lane
>he turns light off and keeps going

at least I know event he most asshole of cops won't pull me over at 5mph over.

I should really get to making a .webm from my dashcam footage of this

>I'm more mature for speeding on my bike than in my car

>drove an ancient shitbox for years
>speedo was broken since i got it
>w/e i got it for free
>too lazy and cheap to fix the speedo
>i just sped up if people were tailgating me, slowed down if i was getting too close to the guy in front, braked a little before speed cameras, etc
>after a couple years, traffic feels slow as shit
>every corner and roundabout got the back wheels squealing
>it's an old 40hp fwd sedan, so I suspect nothing yet
>six years later get a cheapo beemer 316
>"finally, I'll know how fast I'm going"
>it's RWD and with 62 extra HP so I take it easy the first times
>"I'll just drive as fast as I'm used to"
>realize I've been 20-30 kph above the limit most of the time
>holy shit
>perspective is broken beyond repair, everyone else feels slow
>gottagofast.jpg
>at this point i no longer have blood, but liquid eurobeat
>never got a ticket

Feels good, man

Found the Australian

In America speeding is a necessity to be safe

>If anything illegals drive their shitty $1000 compact trucks 5mph under to avoid bein pulled over and deported.

It's such a pain in the ass driving behind illegals. You can always tell they're illegals because they have out of state plates (usually Pennsylvania in my state) and they drive 5-10mph under the speed limit in their rust bucket shitboxes

I only speed when everyone around me is speeding and going the limit would be impeding the flow of traffic.
Having people ZOOM past you is much more dangerous than matching their speed.

Get cucked by your shitty night time. How bout your nights weren't dark so you could still speed on empty roads, huh?

Fucking retarded amerifats choosing a shit life

Like others have said, speeding is not as big of a priority as reckless driving, DUI, and other major vehicle code violations.

I was stopped at 100+ for both of my tickets and got 85 for them, which is essentially just traffic school and 400 bucks.

When I wrecked my car, all the cops cared about was my intoxication. When I came up clear, they were cool and even gave me a ride back home (despite the fact that I obviously flipped it while hooning)

Just dont be wreckless and if you do get pulled, be respectful. Also, dont exceed 15 mph because the cops can actually fuck you over for that

i sped the other day and my tires are shit and i spun out in a poorly marked new construction zone

was scary

still haven't replaced the tires

>>I'm more mature for speeding on my bike than in my car

>Speeding on a 400 pound bike vs a 4000 pound truck

NO difference whatsoever am I right bois?

>misses the point entirely
Its a genuine sign of immaturity to think that speeding like a retard on a shitty bike is any more or less mature than speeding in a shitbox.

But why am I telling this to (You), who will, again, fail to see the point of my post?

Poor or just an idiot?

i tape up my license plate and go 140 if i want to, knowing that any cop who sees me knows chasing me is impossible

What the fuck are you talking about?

just busy
and i was hoping they'd last until winter tire switch but now i'm just going to put winters on early

t. white person

Get tinted windows.

any tint is illegal in my state, speeding with tints will only increase the liklihood

Where I live, the speed limits are so unreasonably low that everybody speeds. Cops don't care unless you're going way too fast. The majority of the cars on the road are speeding if traffic permits, so for me, a lot of the time just following the speed of traffic will technically be speeding.

By the way, I live in Toronto.

Can we please just saw off California and let it float into the ocean

MD?

The worst is when they do that in the left lane.

NJ

As the Highway Patrol says about speeding:

"9 you're fine, 10 you're mine"

So I keep it at 79 around here. No cops will bother you if you're reasonable like that.

Then a cop pulls onto the street

Call 911 and tell them there's a lunatic with a gun at the McDonald's on the other side of town. Tell them he's bitching about the quality of his hamburger, and has made mention of the special sauce not being so special.

Should divert most police attention out of your area - now you are free to speed.

If you go fast enough you won't have to worry about them coming at you from behind.

>>can't go that much faster than 100km/h because of the turns
>is that a challenge senpai?

That depends if you want to live or not.

Sure let me just finish this one

Desu that shit looks pretty fucking fun.

And still most people died on that stretch of road so far in the state. They now added lighted signs for 35-45 mph zones.

>How bout your nights weren't dark so you could still speed on empty roads, huh?
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

That turn looks like something that could be done easily at 120 MPH. 100 km/h aint shit

>Look for some other guy on the road in a BMW or jacked-up pickup.
>He's probably driving faster than you're willing to go.
>Keep him in sight, but plenty far ahead of you.
>Now when he gets pulled over, it's not you!

California is pathetic. Your roads are over rated as shit.

I got my license fairly recently and drive 30kmh over everywhere

still havent gotten a ticket but paranoid af

Ive been looking at getting a radar detector

live, learn, do it safely and get it out of your system

when the whole JDM car craze hit here in Canada 10-15 years ago i imported my first fast car young and racked up about about $3000 in photo radar tickets one summer and got pulled over enough times i almost lost my license due to demerits and the courthouse knew me by first name. by the time i was 23 or 24 i got it out of my system and had no fun in speeding anymore. i was lucky i kept the factory ECU with the 180kmh governor

Living the Kraut life

No speedlimit on the Autobahn
Living in rural area with so few cops you can Drive a week and dont see one

Only problem are slow old people and fuel cost

>How do I speed? Once I realize I'm the fastest guy on the road I know it's time to find the flow of traffic.
the only real answer (unless your on backroads, then just rip it)

You have to realise it doesn't matter. Nobody is going to you pull you over for 10 over unless you're doing something else wrong.

You don't have to speed if you don't want to though, it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Drive for you, not for anyone else.

Fuck the flow of traffic, getting stuck in a herd is the worst thing imaginable.

You gotta know the roads and where police sit.
most of the roads around me are 100km/h zones but i will generally sit at 150km/h and slow down to 105km/h in the areas where police normally sit.
otherwise if i see a cop go past me by time he stops from 100km/h and turns around im long gone and there is little to no chance of them getting your number plate, they rely on seeing the car again.

>no one will bother you for doing 1 over
They do, and they give tickets for it. Not to mention the automatic ticket issuing cameras all over Europe. Most of the time I go 10kph over the limit already and people still pass me. Not gonna chance it.

I just pay off the cops since I live in a shady Eastern European country. Equivalent of $50 USD will get you out of a speeding ticket typically.

I only do 9 over exactly. I've gone straight past cops without noticing because I was being oblivious, still didn't get pulled over.

tbqh, I think it's due to me not driving a sports car and due to my veteran plates, so ymmv

Why do people even speed? You don't get anywhere faster unless you're doing a long trip on a highway.

even then you dont get there any faster.

lifehacker com/does-speeding-really-get-you-there-any-faster-1556767685

>thinks the point of speeding is to get to your destination faster

We're talking about the average driver, not your normal weeaboo from Veeky Forums

>lifehacker
that's basically buzzfeed you fucking chode

scratch that, it's literally gawker

fuck off

>ignoring math because you dont like the source

listen to the fpbp dubs

that looks like a pretty substantial amount of time saved, what are they going on about?

>They do, and they give tickets for it.
No you stupid faggot, that's not allowed
>Europe
There's your problem, cuck

maybe if you read the article...

They often do random stops on random roads, if you are so much as 1km over the limit they give you a ticket.
>There's your problem, cuck
why don't you go play on that four lane highway they reduced the speed limit to 35mph just to ticket people.

Speedometers have a margin of up to 10%, i.e. if you're doing 100km/h indicated you're doing potentially as little as 90km/h.

If you did 101 in a 100 you literally couldn't get fined for it because the speed camera would pick you up as doing less than 100.

>Quite a few parties gain from DUI arrests.
you forgot tow truck drivers and impound lots
as well as breathalyzer manufacturers

>nobody gives a fuck if you're doing 5 over
this was the only lesson that stuck from traffic school for me
the teacher was ancient
and he had only head of one sub 5 MPH ticket
>some mong dating a cops daughter, cop dad cited him for 4mph over

i just got a ticket the other day for going 58 in a 35

Good luck with that line of argument with the cops/in court.

No you fucking faggot, that's the fucking law.
It's within the margin of error.

I know you germans like drinking but you might have a problem man.

In europe you have only speed cameras. Which are way more deadlier than super obvious cops that cant even notice a difference between +-10kmh

A speedcam will fucking terminate you if you drive 1 kmh too fast. My father literally drove 56 instead of allowed 55 and got spotted by a hidden camera. 1 week later he got a bill of 125 moneys.

Be happy that you got more cops than speed cams (i think?)
At least they could close an eye or not notice.

There are apps warning you of both stationary and mobile cameras here, and speeding tickets are cheap to begin with. I prefer cameras to getting dangerously pulled over by a cop in a bad mood next to fast moving traffic. It's dangerous and unprofessional.

>125 money fine for 1 over
>people actually choose to live in Europe
w e w
l a d

my ticket is probably going to cost in the realm of 250 USD

There are speed cameras in the US, too.

>speeding tickets are cheap to begin with
Not in europe. 1 km/h too fast = 125 euros.
You cant evade the precision of a speed cam.

Also Apps are illegal here. There still are some but they are so fucking slowly updated its worthless. Especially for mobile cams.

On my route to work there is a 2 or 3 mile stretch that is 30mph, but depending on road conditions you can easily do almost 50 down it and there are almost never camera vans. It knocks a good few mins off my travel time if I gun it down there

Also apps are worthless if you no one knows their location, the speed traps are mobile the ticket may be issued two days later and you don't get it in the mail a few days after the event the speed trap will be in another location by then.

Where do you live? Here cameras have a tolerance of 10%+2, so to get done in a 30 you have to be doing 35

>It knocks a good few mins off

for what purpose?

>in europe
europe is not one country

I dont like to speed and only do it if the situation really needs it. But I live in Texas with 85mph speed limits. So I can have a lot of fun that way

>85mph

What part of Texas?

the fast and flooded part

Nigga I AM in Europe. Stop pretending it's one country just to make it sound worse. Pretty sure the authorities don't even bother sending you a citation for 1 kmh too fast in Germany, and 20 kmh too fast are still only 30 euros and no points.

Just wanted to say this. Its expensive in most parts but pretty damn cheap in germany.

ITT people who prefer to literally pay money to the government to drive fast and get there a few minutes earlier