Project ships thread

Hey guys, just bought an old T-65B from a junk dealer. Thing kind of sort of runs - three of the thrusters work fine but the starboard top-side engine doesn't seem to want to fire up at all. I'm not too well-versed in these fusial thrust engines... I've only ever worked on Ion engines. Anyone with experience have any advice, or at least where to start on diag? Also can these be run without an astromech droid or am I gonna have to shell out for one of those too?

Other than the janky engine, it's not in terrible shape though.

>not getting a z95
You done goof'd.

The T65Bs had touchy power couplings that would fail prematurely when the space frame was subject to heavy load during repeated stowing and deploying of the S-foils. Check that, though your droid should have told you that already.

If it's still got the original Taim and Bacc blasters on it, you might have yourself a find, parts for those are hard to come by, but the older models packed a hell of a punch, near turbo laser power at full charge.

>TFW no droid
I'm gonna see if a buddy will lend me his so I can at least get some basic diagnostics going. I'm gonna start tearing the broken engine tomorrow so I'll let you know what I find - with any sort of luck it'll be something stupid and easy.

I believe the blasters are original, but I haven't actually tested them yet to see if they even fire. If I'm honest, I'm still not sure what all works and what doesn't yet as the engine is my main concern at this point.

>near turbo laser power at full charge.
when NEW.

The reason they never renewed their contract with the government was because the linear acceleraters in them wore out within a few hundred cycles and output dropped precipitously. Good luck finding parts.

To OP. The engines are actually pretty simple. If you work on an ion drives, you're probably making the problem harder than it has to be. If it will cycle but won't make criticality, it's bad magnacoils 95% of the time. If you can't get the initial particle stream to the engine, check the connections to the battery bank.

Have you tried rotating the power distributor and swapping the fusion coil lead from one of the working thrusters to rule out a lack Ionic ignition to the dead thruster?

He better watch out that he doesn't get a visit from the bureau of alcohol, blasters and deathsticks. They'll shoot your fucking wookie.

Lucky bastard, the best I could find was an old beater BTL-A4.

Hey, don't knock the pig. That fucker can take beating like you wouldn't believe. It's also incredibly forgiving towards inexperienced mechanics. A little tlc and some fresh cowlings and you got a proper gem there. Or just ratrod it around as is.

Fair, the fuckers managed to stay relevant for longer than anyone would've thought.
Sadly the classic BTL-B cowlings are getting rare as fuck nowadays so people want a fortune for them.

Yeah, I had to fabricate my own from measurements I dug out on the holonet. I had to make some adjustments, but it was mostly on point. Took me ages, though. Right now mine's pretty much a hangar queen, since I got the money for a decom'd correllian corvette. I mostly use guarded shipping lanes, so the lack of armaments doesn't bother me too much at the moment.

Are there any smugglers here? if so is smuggling really a profitable business? Like how many credits are you making per haul?

I ask because the local empire surplus dealer is selling an early gen lambda class shuttle for dirt cheap and i think it could be easily modified for smuggling.

Are RZ-1s reliable?

Fuck off star wars fags xd

Found the nerf herder.

Overall its alright, kuat systems is very well known for making great ships but I've heard from various sources saying the RZ-1 has some weird rear thruster and gyroscope issues. But once fixed they are super fun to maneuver.

This. You got to be careful you don't bite into a lemon, because when they go wrong, they go really wrong. But if you find one that's been taken decent care of, you usually can't go wrong with Kuat ships.

OP here, just got done tearing the engine open and it turns out it's exactly what suggested, except the coupling was simply jarred loose - a couple of good shoves and whacks and the thing fires right up.

...which leads me to my next issue

So all 4 engines fire just fine now, but the S-foils are stuck closed and won't open at all. Pretty sure the servo actuator is shot. Not a cheap part and NOT an easy repair. I'm in for a long week...

>spending credits on this pigfat monstrosity when the TIE exists

Space Amerikeks ladies and gentlemen.

Wookies are people not property, shitlord

Nice pasta from literally every other project ship thread

>supporting the empire

You really need to get your head checked out pal

Godspeed user

>no astrodroid support
>ion engines mounted literal feet from the cockpit
>weak-ass blasters that couldn't even singe ancient rebellion craft
>no life support
>huge wings that scream "shoot me!"

TIEs are fucking flying caskets with no interiors and too much exposure to ion radiation for my tastes.

>Open in picture

>he doesn't keep a consensual wook slaveboi
Check out this conservative fuck, guys. How does it feel to be a literal fascist?

Whenever I see a thread like this i feel like I'm reading leaked emails with code words, pizza-gate stuff, but I'm just to stupid to decipher what illegal activity is actually being discussed.

Star Wars is the most pedestrian of fandoms.

Hello is this the mech thread

>ion drives
Imperial bastard

A/SF-01 A BEST

>pigfat
>pigslow
>gimmick fighter that gets rekt against a dedicated lancer frigate
Maybe moderately succesful in combined arms scenarios. I'll give you it looks cool, though.

Hey guys, what's the word on ARC-170s these days? Found one in a local shipyard on Tatooine that was previously repurposed by some rebels. Of course it's a fucking toydarian that owns the yard and wants so many more credits than its actual value

Wookie lives matter. Fucking Imperial revisionists, Palpatine was a slaveholder and his monuments should be torn down.

>Is running a luxury Sienar Lambda T-4a profitable

It'll be fun to pilot until something expensive inevitably breaks. Don't forget these things have the thruster mag stabilizer chains ON THE BACK of the ion engines against the rear bulkhead. You literally need to drop out the full engine pack and subframe for a B2 service and they only take Nubian synthetic Hyperdrive fluid. Be prepared to spend 15,000 credits per cycle on maintenance. There's a reason why Imperial craft drop in value by 50% after their first year in service.

>Corellian engineering, not even once.

You better get ready to shill out a wall of credits or do some nasty rodian-rigging of that thing. Your money would be better spent getting an old gr-75 clamshell. Those worked fine for the rebellion and they're pretty durable.

Tarkin did literally nothing wrong.
Goddamn rebel scum revisionists.

There's no evidence of a 'death star', there was a galactic war going on at the time, and supposedly a ragtag group of rebel soldiers and a J*di destroyed a space station the size of a moon!

The rebels needed justification for taking over the galaxy, and after the J*di finally succeeded in assassinating the Emperor and overthrew the Empire (something they had been planning to do for over 30 years, since the days of the Republic and the traitorous 'J*di Master' Sifo-Dyas's orchestration of the clone wars, and the Emperor himself had warned his subjects about for years), they concocted stories of Bothan spies, planetary destruction, people blocking blaster bolts with their hands and our beloved Emperor being thrown to his death and explode like some kind of evil spirit! Wake up you banthas! It's just propaganda.

Tell me this, if Alderaan was destroyed by a 'death star', and the rebels destroyed this 'death star', why can't we see the remains of this battle station? Surely they don't expect us to believe it completely disintegrated without a trace, and burned up like fireworks?

>Koensayr

Enjoy your outer rim shitbox, nerf herder. Eq

/mo/ was good

A-24 Sleuth, stole a light saber, and crystal charged the engine. Will literally beat anything in a from lift off race.

>tfw your sister is a whore for Jedi and you can steal their shit after they fall asleep

Literal pigfat

>drives an assault ship

easy /k/ why don't you just sign up for the Imperial's already?

how come I can never find these anymore?

>TFW cool company vehicle

>no droid
>but buying a T65
how can you be this poorfag and/or stupid.
that whole scandal was a meme. the real reason was because they refused to pay crystal tax on their guns because they argued that there were no actual crystals in the laser beam and thus were exempt, government couldn't into technology and just never renewed the contract. Look it up on SithTube, there's tons of these in milsurp just waiting to be tapped into, they have crazy power.
I had one of these, they look way better with the original paneling, but since they were mostly owned by inbred outer rimmers none of the paneling survived. Good luck finding one of those that doesn't have like, 120K lightyears or more on it. Tanks though, they'll run forever so the lightyears really don't matter that much.
we get it, you vape
have fun with your ion gaskets. literally trash. You're better off with a Koensayr like above.
Literally all falling apart, they're old as fuck now, all the hyperdrives are burned out at the very least, shit droid support for new models, and not that fast but today's standards. The only good ones go for hundreds of millions, the rest are literal old republic boomer trash.
pigfat if you enjoy ships made only of tissue paper.
only correct answer in this thread

Hey guys, check the archives because you repeat this same thread every month or so and you probably don't own a car at all and just want to fit in really bad.

i want to get a Piranha but the only two near by are a 4th gen and a 6th gen
which one is easier for wrenching

Who cares, they're fast. That's really what's important.

Guys, I just scrounge together 3500 credits and I need advice on what my options are. I live not too far away from Corellia and I'm willing to get my hands dirty with maintenance.

If you live near corellia, there's a ton of options with shitbarges. Any old freighter will do.

>Mad about people pretending they have space ships on a board where people pretend to have cars.

>"I know what I got"

Fuckin hell I hate Boomers, fuckin moisture hick farmers want more than 40,000 fuckin Credits for this PoS!!
Thats more than Solo's Falcon! And it's nowhere near as fast

But at least the fucking thing is more reliable. Unless your mechanic is a former twi'lek fucktoy, or you think fixing a power distributer is done best with a hammer, it'll start every time and fly. Doesn't even guzzle fuel cells like the t65's or the rz1. But agreed, their real value should be around 18.000 creds unless we're talking factory floor mint with original cowling.

Who the fuck is solo?

>waaah waaah no fun allowed on my Veeky Forums

It is relieable untill it kills you when pushing it a little too hard.
These things are based on designs for jedi starfighters and almost uncontrollable for the average person, it requires fast reflexes and a lot of peactice to master these.
If you master these, you´ll btfo anything...

I´ve got an offer for one of these old intrepid class cruisers. (old freind of mine, wants 10 hectoliters of romulan ale for it)
It seems to have undergone significant upgrades un the hull.
Should I buy one?
>inb4 neural gelpacks

Moister farmers are the fucking worst.

There was this fat old guy around 30 years ago who tried to sell me some old sandy, dug-up corpse. He said it was Vader's mother. The guys practically a fucking robot, I called bullshit immediately and did a 360, then launched vertically out of there.

I have a friend who deals in gold-pressed latinum that might be interested providing the romulan ale, and splitting the profits with you after you restore it, 50-50

>implying I would sell it
I could give hime one of the uprgraded transphasic torpedos.

Battlecruiser mechanic reporting in. AMA.

GODDAMN HUGH-MONS AND THEIR SENTIMENTALITY GETTING IN THE WAY OF PROFIT

Anyone have experience with installing a better hyperdrive regulator in a YT-1300? I'm thinking about getting a milsurp Kuat Drive Yards type.

Get a hydrospanner and be done with it poorfag.

Some faggot on the holos who did the kessel run in 12 parsecs.

Damn grokslist

You're gonna have the ship's computer reeeee'ing at you for every 5 parsecs until you reboot it, but if you're good at rewiring or programming, go ahead. The yt1300's are famous for the autism programmed into their computers.

Would I be fine with an old Venator-class unit, or should I spring for an early Victory-class hyperdrive regulator? I'm concerned about putting such a large unit in the cargo hold, but I gotta shave those parsecs off my runs.

You'll probably end up having to decide between small, fast runs or bigger, slower runs.
Honestly the never-ending obsession with speed is getting out of hand, loads of smuggler ships have terrible cargo capacity for their size these days.

Nobody uses YT-1300s for serious smuggling these days, it's too iconic. They're exclusively for outer rim hooning.

You want a real smuggling vessel? Look into converted Corellian Corvettes. Cheap as fuck and if you get an old diplomatic spec it's pretty comfy.

What's the word on those VCX-100s and VCX-150s? They look pretty slick, but are they actually any good?

>VCX-100
badge-engineered outer rim shit. The design is Corellian in name only.

But parsecs are a unit of distance not time

my nabour has an old Mk I Viper sitting in his back yard, he says he won't let it go for less than 10,000 Cubits.

Is this a good deal or is he just fracking my chain

These are off topic, but they aren't spammed every day and they're really fun threads. OP don't post this again tomorrow but also thanks for posting

I landed my freighter to tatooine and let some mediocre mechanic do some panel repairs while waiting to drop off an order, and the moof-milker put a compressor on the ignition line.

Wtf is a cubit?
We only use credits around here boy..

This. The yt's in general is boomer-bait on par with the y-wings. I run a 'vette myself and even for perfectly legitimate business, it's a great ship. Shilling out the extra credits was definetely worth it.

I just picked up this MC-18 for a steal. Only 5000c. Problem is the last owner reconfigured the shields way too tight, and locked it in the submersible setting. It won't let me jump set the way it is, and my astromech isn't pulling any faults. Do I have to replace the entire shield generator? Will a new shield be able to communicate with the current ECU? I know all about the fragile nature of Mon Cal ships, and the fact that parts are near impossible to find due to the custom nature of each individual ship.

do you guys know where i can find some tie droids for cheap? i know there arent much left and i've been visiting junkyards all over galaxy

Sounds like you need to get into the hardware and manually set the jumpers on the ecu for the shield. Mon cal ships are a bit finicky that way, but unless there's a shorted-out fuse or relay, that would be why you're not getting faults. There should be some standard jumper settings on the holonet you can download to your astromech. Brave move getting a ship like that, though. They're pretty but needy.

For cheap? You are so shit outta luck it's not even funny. It'd be cheaper to find the blueprints and build a new one. Even if you go into imperial remnant turf and look for them.

You're looking in the wrong places.
Actual yards are unlikely to have them - most will still be at old bases off limits to most even to this day. Unless you're lucky to find them in someone's barn or cave in some backwater, outer rim territory and even then good luck buying it without paying way more than necessary or straight up being blasted off the property.

Why would you lie on the galaxanet?

Some tripfag.

I dont know anything about this man, Im just a mechanic. I heard of this space pirate named Raynor who is doing some bad stuff to the Dominion, but I dont wanna get involved with any of that stuff.

>F22A

A-WING
WILL
INCITE
NUMEROUS
GANGBANGS

extremely underrated post

As long as you lubricate the twin rotary drives every 20 lightyears. You should be fine.

>he doesn't know what the kessel run is
Its basically 0-60 for non plebs

Some nerf hearder outer ring crypto

Mk 1 Vipers use Tylium engines. Tylium ore is insanely rare, and refining it is expensive.

The parts are quite rare. But most things can be Rhodian-Rigged.

And remember that these ships were mainly carrier based so range is pretty limited.