What was the last best Japanese sports car iyo?

what was the last best Japanese sports car iyo?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MR2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_compact
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To begin or end production?

sti and the gt86 are the last actual tuner cars still being made, not cucked by the electrojew

Fake

This kills the thread

This is a fact and not my opinion because I don't even like the car but the Nissan R35 GT-R.

Might not be the most fun. But def the most bang for your buck when it comes to Japanese sports car.

regarding your picture I have driven a GC8, not the JDM version but the North American version and it is ok.

Also as much as I love the AE86 it is not a sports car, although it is a VERY fun car when properly set up.

I've driven it too and your opinion is retarded.
Modern day cars are fine

Was the AW11 a sports car?

what is it then, a family car?

Ok, what are you getting at? I didn't say modern cars are bad.

>AW11 a sports car?
of course.

>The Toyota MR2 is a two-seat, mid-engined, rear-wheel-drive sports car manufactured in Japan and marketed globally by Toyota from 1984 to 2007 over three generations: W10 (1984–1989), W20 (1990–1999) and W30 (2000–2007). It is Japan's first mid-engined production car.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MR2

No its an economy car or a sport compact. Just because it was RWD doesnt make it a sports car. Miata is a (roadster) sports car.

>A sport compact is a high-performance version of a compact car or a subcompact car. According to Motor Trend in a comparison entitled "Small, Fast, Fun", the sports compact car has to accomplish the multiple duties of a "family car" and a "daily driver" - thus having more than two doors and seating at least four passengers - while also being "fun to drive" on all roads and in town.[1]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_compact

fair enough

AE86 is an FR configuration of the MR2 that's nearly the same in every performance measure. What can we call the semantic monophyletic group of the "performance" car segment if sports cars are firmly limited to two-seaters not based on any other production models?

I have a difficult time seeing the STI considered a sports compact.

Even though I'm a fan of Subaru, I have to say that the demise of the Lancer EVO is rather shitty.

basically anything from the 90's

>AE86 is an FR configuration of the MR2 that's nearly the same in every performance measure

No. That's incorrect

>I have a difficult time seeing the STI considered a sports compact.

I never said the STi isn't a sports car, of course it is. Please point out where I said it isn't.

>No. That's incorrect
Cool, can you elaborate? I know the AW11 has macpherson struts, different transmission, and MR specific exhaust/intake manifolds. It's also heavier and slower in some trims than AE86s, though that probably doesn't factor into the definition of sports car.

>I never said the STi isn't a sports car, of course it is. Please point out where I said it isn't.
The wikipedia page you linked has the STI as an example of a sports compact. By the definition you go by, it is not a sports car if the AE86 isn't. It's a beefed up version of an economy sedan. Gotta be consistent with what you call sports cars now.

Combined exterior beauty with mid engine V6 VTEC that revs to 9k and the simplicity of the Honda accord interior while being sold for well under 100k making it halfway realistic.

Early STI, can be had for like $6,000, has 295hp.... easy to fix, cheap to repair.

You haven't driven a GC8 then.

The North American version is a GC6 for the 2.5 RS, and it's not even close to the same performance, half the power, worse suspension, different steering rack, etc... it's a very different car.

Don't get me wrong, I want an FD... but they cost a lot more for the same condition, are not cheap to repair.... but are equally as easy to repair.

Rotaries are so awesome, it's too bad they aren't as robust and use so much fuel.