/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- New trailer has been released showing off Splatoon 2's single player campaign.
youtube.com/watch?v=869_lwZfyTo
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Final chapter of Squid Sister Stories has been released (splatoon.nintendo.com/squid-sisters-stories/)
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- A Splatoon 2 exhibition tournament will be held at E3, more details coming soon.
- New mode announced and it's called Salmon run, its a new PVE gamemode where you need to fight hordes of salmonoid creatures with 3 friends!
youtube.com/watch?v=8alvfmZi0zY
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5CuSalIz3Gs
mynintendonews.com/2017/06/02/full-nintendo-switch-online-paid-service-now-says-coming-2018/
nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/870565423812558848
youtu.be/9GxP5E5B7Y0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THE MADMAN

I may be a madman, but I at least know what's up.

I don't want to be subjected to this op

Fourth for gas all barafags

no man, you don't understand. he's the odd one out, he's all on his own here in his love for barasquid, he stays strong for what he believes in even when everyone else berates him, and you have to respect him for that. he's a modern day saint in his own way.

Friends with Octolings!

Friends with benefits?

absolutely

why

youtube.com/watch?v=5CuSalIz3Gs

Now I actually have a reason to tune into E3

It'll be cool to see the new spectator feature, I find Splatoon really difficult to follow in tournaments.

THE TIM WILL PLAY?!!?!??!?!

its time

SOURCE

Well, why not? I just thought (along that someone suggested it) it would be nice to break up the boring chain of Callie and Marie images.

Plus, I like bara. Simple as that.

I like the different main S2 theme here.

lewder now

Why is that woomy a mahou shoujo?

The American team not having any footage of themselves in the trailer made me laugh out loud for a moment. It's like watching a film and suddenly "SCENE MISSING" pops up for a moment. What's the deal with that? I'm rooting for Blue Ringed Octolings because I'm Australian, but I would put my money down on the Japs winning simply because they seem to have more competitive experience.

Do all of these teams have competitive experience?

we can go deeper

As far as I'm aware Japan frequently hosts competitive Splatoon tournaments, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Japanese team competing at E3 has participated in some of them. I can't speak for Europe or the US, but the Australian team were recruited specifically for the E3 competition after winning a couple of local matches, so I'm not too confident in their chances of winning. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

Not really

hey /ink/diots

mynintendonews.com/2017/06/02/full-nintendo-switch-online-paid-service-now-says-coming-2018/

So it's official, Nintendo's online service will launch in 2018 and cost $20 USD a year:
nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

>Classic Game Selection
>Subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario.

Sounds like they've changed their mind about only allowing customers to download
and keep one virtual console game for a month. At least, I hope so. Multiple games a month that you get to keep with your subscription is a far better deal.

Dont die in 30 post damnit

$20 a year? Sounds good to me.

Goodnight, /ink/.

Porkchop is a feggit

How much does it cost?
Will you be getting it?

I want it even if I also think the voice chat set-up for the switch looks like a mess.

Forgot image.

It looks really cool though.

>How much does it cost?
hopefully around the japanese price, but probably is going to be 30-50% more expensive
>Will you be getting it?
hahahahahaha good luck even getting a preorder in that thing

Are japs really gonna buy/preorder that shit??

The way they implemented it seems horribly dumb. Also why would you want to hear literal children and moonspeak?

They look good, and I want more Splatoon merch, but I'm a bit cynical towards novelties that serve a practical purpose, mainly because the hardware itself can often be cheap and nasty. I'd rather get a new pair of headphones from a reputable brand and stick to collecting things that sit on a shelf and look nice.

I don't know how much it'll cost, but I can guarantee Play Asia will offer a 75%+ markup and run out of pre-orders will in less than a second.

Why would I be hearing children and japs? The voice chat function makes it so you only get to voice chat with people you know.

People will probably just use discord anyway. (I've never used it but it seems to be popular)

I want a Takoroka mesh hat, but if you're looking for stuff that clearly inspire splatoon designed items it's not hard to search. Such as these neat Panasonics.

Will E3 have memes?

Depends on how embarrassing Microsoft's conference will be this year.

well ubisoft is going to be there so yeah, it depends in how hard they tried to push their memes into our throats

Of course it will have memes, it always has memes.

The real question is whether or not they'll be good memes.

>tfw you never joined a team
M-Maybe in Splatoon 2...

>don't know a single other person who plays

I won't be getting and definitely won't be using chat. It seems like such a pain.

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/870565423812558848
Get a load of these fresh squids. Apparently there are still new brands to look forward to that haven't be announced yet.

I'm really digging the tataki ken vibe.

By the way, you can stick :orig after the url for images on twitter to embiggen them.

I kinda want one just because it's such a cool tie in.

New info on Twitter.

youtu.be/9GxP5E5B7Y0 ranked changes and a look at spectator mode
>checkpoints in tc
Sounds neat

The name checkpoints is misleading. They're more like gates. Tumblr talks about only needing to clear them once per match.

Oh. Still neat even if it just adds 20 secs to steam roll, always thought that tc went by reallllly fast. I was more of an splat zone dude myself before my wii u broke.

Look, a sponge!

holy shit! it's a sponge!

So many little things are teased in the gameplay footage, it's great. I think I like the new Rainmaker projectile. Have we seen this stage before? Looks completely new to me. It resembles Starfish Mainstage, but it has a completely different layout.

Ikr. That stage looks great, I honestly think they did pretty well with the starting stages this time. Also that spectator ui is awesome, I was thinking of hosting a tourney and streaming on launch week and that sealed the deal.

ABXY confirmed for product placement?

I wanna get one just because it looks cool. I'm really shy and hate vc, though, so I probably won't use it. The audio and microphone quality are probably shit, too.

>If you charge the Rainmaker up all the way, the shots it fires will explode when they reach their target!

>As the tower moves along its set path, it passes through a number of checkpoints and–this is key–stops at each checkpoint for a bit before moving on. We’ve deduced that once a team clears a checkpoint, they’ll be able to pass through it again without stopping.

> While the rules haven’t changed from the original Splatoon game, the zone coverage status in the middle of the UI now provides more real-time updates.

In the video it looked like the inkling moved fairly quickly while holding the fish, though the new shot seems to be much worse at spreading ink.

Looks like they've added a functional spectator camera, I assume to go with their 'esports' angle. I wonder if we'll be able to spectate matches on the switch.

The first main looks like new icon for haunt? Next we have some sort of new icon for ink res and it's not restricted to shoes/main? Defense up is split between main/sub? Guess this means damage up will be split as well.

And there's that double QR again.

bomb defense!
quick haunt!
purple ink res!
team quick respawn!

it looks like they scrapped defense up and damage up.

Top left seems new. Looks similar to Cold Blooded, but it's missing the red X and it has a timer icon now. Very curious. Bottom left might imply higher defence against sub weapons. Still have no idea what double Quick Repawn means.

They probably should scrap def up and damage up. All they served to do was counter each other and fuck with the balance of snipers.

>its all about territory control
>meanwhile I'm stuck with a bunch of chicken shits who're afraid of a single charger because their balls haven't dropped

You must be all things, the charger and the turfer, the point and the support, become the carry.

>get wail/inkstrike gun or a long-ranged gun except a splatling
>shoo the sniper the whole match

Holy fucking squid OP, we're now officially the gayest thing on entire Veeky Forums, including /lgbt/, /y/, /u/ and Veeky Forums combined.

That new Ink Resistance's icon is giving me Paper Mario's vibes.

Agreed. Besides messing up the balance, I dislike how they were responsible for totally killing up the point of Splatoon: to look fresh. I admit that I overused theses abilities, but even I at least tried to look okay. I'm sad to see theses same abilites are back.

That wasn't on purpose, but I'm glad to hear such great archivement.

You have to lan up nine consoles, if I remember right. Guess it's gonna be tourney only.

we did it, /ink/!

Not sure if I like the idea of the checkpoints. That just seems to encourage camping.

No, not yet. We don't have male idols yet.

Wonder if Splatoon 2 will even have idols

No, I think ARMS is a strong contender to the latent homosexuality within these threads. They don't even have a general yet and they're drawing homosexual art of all the men.
But, why is it always nintendo games that get all the gays? Why does this happen?

soon

the sound that the tower makes when it passes a checkpoint gives me an orgasm

You've never been to /d/, have you?

>go looking for more art for barasquid user
>can't find anything no matter how hard i look
He wasn't joking when he said this shit was rare, jesus christ.

That's because it's a shit fetish overshadowed by the almighty shota

>almighty shota

Will agree Shota is vastly superior to Bara but lets not get carried away

Gays fighting Gays while everyone else eats popcorn and enjoys the show, the only thing Gays are good for.

I seek justice for barafags, I myself have turned on my shota roots to pursue this cause.

I remember back when chargers shot max range with no charge. Having max damage up and killing at like 70% splatterscope charge was disgusting.

If you were to have a squad with three C-'s and an S+, what rank would the opposing team be?

S+ only

bump