/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes -(/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/)

Not Roche Edition

Gwent Standalone's closed beta is out!
>Gwent General
GOTY Edition is out !
>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=qy8jmm9kY4A

>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books (first six are officials) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

>Witcher gear location, recommended mods
pastebin.com/jeHFgrV1
>Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
gwent-cards.com/
>Witcher lore, books and all
pastebin.com/bRqpA093
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl
>Discord server
discord.gg/ydW4bCR

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E
>Any new infos ?
CPDR is recruiting right now, so the game is still in early stages.
Still no release date, and we won't have one anytime soon.

Old bread:

Geralt and Triss OTP

Cementing Ciri as a daughteru was literally worse than the Nazis annexing of Poland.

>matched with a worldie on tinder
>it's not yen

ye fuck off mate

Does anyone have the video where the Shani/Geralt sex scene is swapped for Ciri/Emhyr?

>Not being able to fuck Ciri in front of Avallac'h while pretending she's Lara

nth for Regis husbando

Queen Yen is something I could get behind. Does she need a someone to grovel at her feet and worship her?

>tfw in Queen Yen's harem/sperm farm

Geralt is wishing she'd take the top off so he could see those titties

It's not like he doesn't look and play with them every day.

When in toussaint.. Gotta show the neighbors and the help what they don't have

The fuck happened to Emhyr's daughter-wife?

>didn't sire any heirs for 6 years
>didn't raise his legal wife to the position of empress
Emhyr would've lost his throne by now.

I'd expect reactions similar to that guard that sees Geralt and Triss naked at the beginning of TW2.

I didn't expect that reaction from Triss because TW1 Triss was a watered-down Yen.
I'd imagine if the same interaction happened with Yennefer she'd stand there fully nude and ask the guard to lick Geralt's sperm from her pussy.

I found Witcher 2's ambient occlusion far better than 3's.

She's so sad ;_;

Why does everyone care about Ciri, again?

She's cute and is superhuman.

Don't tell me you don't see the appeal of a superhuman gf?

There is that funny flashing scene in the books with Yen and Rita, so maybe. Triss' reaction was fine though and felt perfectly natural for when someone interrupts you in an intimate moment. Geralt's reaction was cool, the way he looks at the guard the second time...

Bloedhe dhoine. Humans to the sea!

No, I understand why people care about her in the threads. I don't know why everyone in-universe cares about her.

At first I thought she was Stella's lesbian bitch, but then Emhyr fell in love with her, and her him.
Fucking Geralt should've listened to those information brokers. Everyone would've ended up a lot happier, a lot faster.

Only bookfags really cared desu, my first exposure to the witcher was through the games, I didn't really give that much of a shit about her in TW3, cared way more about Yen, but that was because she had two games of buildup, I can hardly remember ciri being mentioned

Interpretation is by definition based on facts.

>Yennefer says she believes him. That's actually written in the book.
"now I do [believe you]" can either be referred to Geralt saying "I'm only for you yen" or his previous two statements about "not having been with another woman, not even once". These are the indisputable objective facts.

In the first case it means that she still has doubts about the fact that Geralt might be lying, but doesn't give a shit about it, because she loves him regardless. And she demonstrates that for the remainder of the books, by acting as someone that is in love.

In the second case (she believes that Geralt isn't lying about not having been with another woman) there are two possible interpretations:
Yennefer, which is extremely intelligent, calculating and can read Geralt's mind with ease, suddenly became an idiot and was successfully fooled by the cunning womanizing witcher.
Yennefer choses to "willingly be fooled" and remain ignorant on the matter, because she doesn't care: she loves Geralt no matter what and she is going to let it slip this time.

Which one of the two seems more plausible to you, assuming that you read the books, know her character and have no prejudices based on subsequent fanfiction?

In that passage you quoted, she isn't referring about her little escapade with Geralt. She already "sorted things out" with Triss for that at Thanedd. She forgave her for sleeping with Geralt. In Rivia, she is mainly referring about the shit Triss pulled later, when she betrayed her best friend, her "little sister" and indirectly the man she can't stop thinking about, by siding with the lodge against them. Later the uterus kicks in and se berates Triss again for her obsession towards Geralt, but what she is truly resenting Triss for is her betrayal as a friend.

AHH GERALT

HOW'RE TINGS?

>Aen Ithlinnespeath, Ithlinne Aegli aep Aevenien's prophecy
Verily I say unto you, the era of the sword and axe is nigh, the era of the wolf's blizzard. The Time of the White Chill and the White Light is nigh, the Time of Madness and the Time of Contempt: Tedd Deireádh, the Time of End. The world will die amidst frost and be reborn with the new sun. It will be reborn of Elder Blood, of Hen Ichaer, of the seed that has been sown. A seed which will not sprout but burst into flame.

Ess'tuath esse! Thus it shall be! Watch for the signs! What signs these shall be, I say unto you: first the earth will flow with the blood of Aen Seidhe, the Blood of Elves...

>Ithlinne, an elven prophetess, is famous for her foretelling of the end of the world. According to her prophecy, the world will be destroyed by an ice age and all humans will die. The only survivors will be elves, saved by an offspring of the Elder Blood, known also as the Swallow. Several signs will herald the destruction of the world, and the cataclysm will begin when elven blood soaks the earth. This will mark the advent of the 'Time of Disdain, the Axe and the Wolf's Blizzard', which can be interpreted as a long war or a return to barbarism."

This line is difficult to decipher
>The only survivors will be elves, saved by an offspring of the Elder Blood, known also as the Swallow.
Because it can be
>Saved by an offspring of the Elder blood known as the Swallow
or
>Saved by the Swallow's (the Elder blood's) offspring.

That's why people fight over her womb in the books, and her in the games. That and cdpr being a buncha little pussies wimping out on the plot being mainly around different factions trying to forcibly impregnate a young girl, as the original story is.

You're really hung up on this. Stop trying to ruin the new thread.

I don't want to alarm anyone with my forwardness or my crass language b-but I think i want to cum on Triss' fat tits

>Yennefer, which is extremely intelligent, calculating and can read Geralt's mind with ease, suddenly became an idiot and was successfully fooled by the cunning womanizing witcher.

They're just making pillow talk. You are reading into throwaway dialogue that leads to the falling action. So that readers won't be like "hey, why is Yen so calm when she sees Fringilla?"
Not every single word has is riddled with subtext. He's a polish fantasy writer, not Shakespeare.

If we're being crass about it, I prefer her ass.

>Polish game
>won't let me fuck my daughteru
So much for cultural identity.

Grammatically it should be Child of Elder Blood = Swallow. But grammar isn't a science.

just ordered all the books from amazon for 50 bongbux

I hope I don't become obsessed like I did after reading the His Dark Materials trilogy

>implying you can actually "ruin" this shitfest waifu circlejerk

>paying for goods and services
cucks these days i swear

You should read Malazan instead.

Is that mod armor?

fuck you I like books

Ciri is unironically the only thing that matters in this franchise

You don't pay for things you like. That's prostitution.

Why not both?

Give me a quick rundown on Malazan please user

what if you like prostitution?

There's literally no difference between these two except the year they were born.

Not being able to at the very least kiss her is a crime on par with Rwandan genocide.

You could wake me up from a 20 year coma and I could give you about 15 in the first minute

There is literally no difference between Will Smith's character on Fresh Prince and Vlodimir von Everec.

555-COME-ON-NOW

That swaggy overconfident persona is exactly the same.
I could swear I was watching Will Smith's ghost cuck me and steal Shani.

>Why not both?
Because Malazan is goddamn massive. Eventually read both, sure. But it'll take you quite a while to complete Malazan even if you read quickly and for several hours a day.
>Give me a quick rundown on Malazan
Kind of difficult, because of the previous point. It's a story that spans several millennia while still keeping an autistic level of detail about everything that happens. Erikson essentially created this massive, intricate world and is telling the story of it, rather than writing a story and creating a world to make it possible.
The main series that I'm thinking of is Book of the Fallen, though there's more in the universe. Book of the Fallen is 10 novels between 700 and 1300 pages in length. Each book is a self-contained story sometimes with overlapping timelines that fill out the universe more, spanning millennia and continents. There isn't much of an overarching story between the books that I could mention without spoiling the last novel, so I won't.

This is a pretty shitty explanation, but you should seriously read it. In my opinion, it's some of the best fiction ever written.

I feel bad for vlodimir. I think he actually fell in love but Shani was only giving him the time of day because it was fun to see, what appeared to be Geralt, actually act so loose and goofy.

sounds pretty interesting, I will give it a look

but is there waifus?

>but is there waifus?
Sorry is my waifu.

i seriously love this fucking cutie

Why was this sequence better than 99.99% of the cutscenes in the game? Did they get an autistic savant to do it?

>0:28
>that fucking weird solo-dancing spaz

Does eskel get any sorceress pussy or is it just lambert and geralt?

>cutie

Uhm.. she looks like my ass, user!

There is a non canon short story about Geralt's wedding with Yen and Eskel hooks up with Triss there. But looking at the official books and games, no sorceress pussy for him. I'll let him answer it.

I had a dream I was licking Triss's asshole. It tasted like shit and vanilla. It was pretty great.

Delicious!

In the books Triss is afraid of touching Eskel because she thinks she'll betray her feelings for Geralt if she gets too close.

Ciri also gets with Galahad in that story and makes Jarre feel like a cuck

Eskel is supposedly stronger than Geralt.

was he? i only remember knowing that he had a stronger aptitude towards magic than Geralt

>she thinks she'll betray her feelings for Geralt if she gets too close
No she doesn't. That's your interpretation and nothing of the sort has ever been said in the books. She touches him, notices he has a stronger magical aura than Geralt and that's it. Triss continues fawning over Geralt for the rest of her stay at KM never giving Eskel a second thought. She continues being obsessed with Geralt for the rest of the saga and Eskel drifts to irrelevance, only getting mentioned a few times, mostly in Ciri's flashbacks.

He's just has a stronger magic. Eskel and Geralt are similar in age and strength, but Eskel could even be stronger.

>be Geralt
>in Kovir with Triss
>Eskel comes to visit
>he's there for work
>go out to buy booze for the three of you
>forget your wallet
>walk back to house
>hearing noise from the bedroom
>open door
>see this
What do?

>She swiftly withdrew her hand. Not so as to demonstrate her anger and annoyance but to break the pleasant, piercing vibration triggered by the witcher’s touch. Eskel emanated powerfully. More powerfully than Geralt

You're retarded. You'd see a guy with his dick in your wife and then ask what was going on.

>[Kill Eskel]

You wake up, see Triss calmly sleeping next to you and realize she would never cheat on you.

She doesn't want to get horny over Eskel. It's pretty cut-and-dry. She doesn't want them to overlap. And they didn't, because she pulled her hand away and didn't give to the pleasant temptation of Eskel's touch.

Why does Yennefer know Vesemir?

She was just surprised by his power, nowhere does it says she was worried she would betray her feelings for Geralt and nothing that happens later suggests that. They fucking shook hands. Who does Triss think about during her sleepless nights at KM. Eskel? No, she thinks about Geralt. Who does she try to get close to for her whole stay in KM? Geralt. Who does she spend the rest of the saga obsession over? Geralt.

To imply a simple handshake is somehow stronger and means more than all that is stupid imo.

Never trust a sorceress.

>Geralt's witcher touch makes her horny
>Eskel's witcher touch feels better
>Triss loves Geralt
>would gladly be touched by him
>swiftly rejects Eskel's touch
>doesn't want Eskel to make her feel pleasure, aka make her horny
Jesus do I need to draw a picture?
Witcher hands are like electric vibrators for Triss.

I'm not worried. My Geralt didn't end up with Yen.

>tfw there will never be a witcher game were you play as Eskel doing mediocre witcher shit

Triss' feelings for Geralt go beyond his magical touch. The horny part is no problem, it's similar to a man who loves one woman getting a lap dance from another hot woman. His dick might get hard, but it doesn't involve his feelings. To say Triss worried she would betray her feelings for Geralt because she found Eskel's touch pleasant is stretching it, especially since nothing else happens that shows Triss having any interest in Eskel whatsoever, quite the contrary, her feelings for Geralt seem stronger than ever during her stay at KM.

Triss is with the lodge however.

Nobody said otherwise. Some guys don't like lap dances because they feel it's betraying their partner. It's the same in this situation.
You're arguing against assertions that were never made.

Vesemir is an ex.

No, she isn't. Triss abandoned the Lodge completely by the end of TW2, when she stood by Geralt's side against them at the Loc Muinne summit. That was a huge step for her if we consider the loyalty she had for them in the past.

If you check out Philippa's crystal in TW3, you can hear she doesn't count Triss in her plans to revive the Lodge and that she is not too enthusiastic about her. One of the major points in Triss' character arc in the games is her slowly abandoning the Lodge and finding her own path, which she does in TW3. It's part of her growth.

I meant that Triss believed in the initial ideals of the lodge: "dum dum normies and males r too stupid to make their own decisions"

Gaunter O'Dimm is best girl.

I am just disagreeing with the user who said Triss was worried about betraying her feelings for Geralt because of that touch, which I don't agree with.

Her misfortunate obsession and unrequited love for Geralt is a giant part of Triss' characterization in the books and something that she doesn't change until the end, as she begs Ciri to take her with them. She clearly has strong feelings for Geralt.To write that off to a pleasant handshake that is described in half the sentence is no something I agree with.

Triss is highly idealistic. Her participation in the Sodden battle influenced her views on the world in great measure and formed her into a person she is. Triss genuinely believes in the greater good, but her ideals were misplaced and she supported very shady actions the Lodge did. Even though the decisions were not hers, she is at fault for the actions of the Lodge. However, she grows out of it and changes for the better, makes amends...I like the whole Lodge subplot Triss has.

>I am just disagreeing with the user who said Triss was worried about betraying her feelings for Geralt because of that touch
She is. She doesn't want another guy to make her excited with his touch.

It was cool to see how Triss' actions in Witcher 3 relate to Cynthia's analysis of the Lodge sorceresses individual strength. Her biggest knocks in Cynthia's eyes despite being talented was her lack of determination and courage, Witcher 3 acting as turning point in her development as a strong sorceress perhaps. Keira's was she just wants dick and doesn't care for magic and Margarita was she only cares about teaching

>when she stood by Geralt's side against them at the Loc Muinne summit
>user rescued Triss instead of a little girl or dragon Joan d'Arc
Scum who doesn't deserve Triss.

I think we are debating semantics. I didn't agree with your wording, but I do agree with your point.

Yeah, I liked that Cynthia talk too. Philippa's garden of juicy fruits and succulent elves...

But Triss' growth in a braver person was implied at the end of LotL. First she returns to Rivia and saves Yen's life, she lets Ciri go and Condwiramurs even refers to her as venerable Triss saying there is no shortage of brave acts done by her.

The game have her working with the Lodge in the first game, separating from them in the second and finding her own path in the third. A very nice character arc I greatly enjoy.

Triss was poorly handled in TW3. She went from cleaning up rats to leading a mage exodus without any significant change in her character.
>gets the dialogue option "because you're charismatic"
>wishes it could be "well, you ain't no Saskia"

Triss is many admirable things, however, writing her as a leader without fundamentally altering her personality just doesn't work. It just seemed like nobody was leading those mages.

Inb4 Trissfag text walls

My Geralt will always save Triss. There isn't even a choice there imo. On one side, you have a close friend and in my Geralt's case, a woman he loves, on other Saskia, a cool dragon chick you met few weeks ago or Anais, a child important for the Temeria's political fate. the idea of loosing Triss is a far more painful to support Roche/Iorveth's personal goals over saving her.

I tried to play Geralt as neutral as possible to the politiacl agendas of others and only caring about a close circle of loved ones. Triss is in that circle, Roche and Iorveth aren't.

True, but within CDPR's framework I think they deliberately set the stage for her to develop between the games into a strong willed character with a strong future based on her merits as a mage. Like, Cynthias critique leading to pussing out when she was going to get tortured by Nilfgaard and giving up sensitive information then leading towards her actions in Witcher 3

That's a very fair criticism. It seems like CDPR was at odds with how they forced a personality dichotomy between her and Yen while trying to develop Triss' character. Triss having to maintain her Mary Sue-ish personality throughout i can see to be pretty contrived

>Saskia, a cool dragon chick you met few weeks ago
She's Borch Three Jackdaws' daughter. You need to repay him for letting you in on a tub 4some with Zerekanian warrior women.

>Anais, a child
Geralt would choose this 10 out of 10 times. Even over Yennefer. Geralt is fucking moralfag as fuck when it comes to children.

I think her role as the leader was introduced well. Mages are in such position that no one is willing to help them. they are selfish and unorganized. It's every man for himself. The ones capable enough to escape already did that. Triss found herself persecuted as well and instead of escaping, her desire to help others took over and she stepped up when no one else did. You can say she did a similar thing in Rivia. She stepped up instead of crumbling under fear, like she did at Sodden. It's all part of her growth.

Mages embracing her as their only chance makes sense because no one else is offering. It's Triss or makes sense, as well as Tancred's offer to accept them. They are a valuable asset, have nowhere to go and Triss is much easier to work with than Philippa or other sorceresses. Everything suits Tancred's interests fine. Dijkstra is also involved and is supporting Triss for similar reasons, possible lucrative cooperation in the future.

Could be, in every game Triss' situation is a bit different. The circumstances are the ones that largely shape her progress.

>Ciri makes you swap out decoy and commander's horn in the gwent tutorial
cunt.