Why don't you like hybrids?

>cucking yourself into a compromise that has the flaws of both with none of the advantages

I do
I don't like you

They're mostly stupid compromises, combining inefficiency of petrol engine and heft and enviromental impact of batteries. Why not just go one way or another.

I'm actually not that opposed to hybrids, it's just that they're impractically expensive, impractically complicated and also heavier than non-hybrids, generally speaking.

>impractically expensive

20k is expensive?

They're heavy and the batteries are super expensive to replace.

Also for some reason like 90% of them come with pig disgusting plastic hubcaps.

They're expensive and I don't need one, to begin with.

Veeky Forums is poor

I could buy a donked up Escalade if I wanted. But I don't because I don't need something like that and wouldn't blow money on a Caddy if I did.

Why would I buy a rolling battery pack that I don't need just to show off that I think it's somehow good for the environment or whatever the reason is people buy these? They get subsidies and I don't? No idea. Why aren't all thr pizza delivery guys and UPS trucks hybrids, since this seems like really the winning market for short distance regenerative braking and all that?

All of the affordable ones are ultra-liberal cuckmobile alphabet cars that are hysterically slow and even my 10-ton semi without a trailer can beat them. They all have the same ugly egg shape with few exceptions.

Now a hybrid performance car, I can get behind. Use the electric motor for a quick launch and the gas motor takes over after a certain speed. You can run it on just the electric motor for like 30 miles to dawdle in town or whatever, like the McLaren P1, but I shouldn't have to pay McLaren P1 money for a car that does that. The P1 is a hilariously fast car if Chevy did something like that with the new Zora Corvette everyone has been talking about they could tap into a huge market like one big pussy just waiting to be fucked.

What hybrid is 20k that isn't shit?

the one in OP's pic?

That isn't shit he said, faggot

>hyundai
>not shit
Pick one.

to make it worse, pictured car is co-developed with Kia. Double Korean shitter.

Gooks can't drive anyway and the whole economy is built on brainwashing. It's an ideal market.

Every Hyundai is co-developed with Kia, they're the same company.

Not 20k.

because i'm not bisexual

That's not very nice. Now OP might have to jump off a bridge because of what you said.

I don't usually have a problem with Hybrids, I have a problem with the hippie, douchebag, SJW, Hipster, "I'm with Her" crowd who feel the need to plaster their political beliefs all over their back window. If I owned a Prius I'd have to load it up with Magpul and H&K stickers just so I'm not automatically stereotyped while driving one, but that's more of a problem with people not the cars themselves.

As for legitimate criticisms of Hybrids and EVs (past and present), the weird shifters and other quirks some times come off as the design team pandering too hard to tech bros without first and foremost designing something intuitive and functional. Other than that my main gripes would be most of these cars being irredeemable from a performance standpoint, or at least there's no enjoyment in the driving experience whatsoever.

Cheap material quality and less then stellar front seats (see the Bolt EV) are a major turnoff as well as that tech pandering spilling over into the car's exterior design and details which doesn't make the car look futuristic but often just kinda dumb looking but that's me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If I wasn't completely broke and could justify a new car purchase I could legitimately see myself purchasing either a Prius C, Volt, or Ioniq. All the dash layouts and interior components are nice and not too crazy, and while I prefer the exterior and tail lights of the 1st gen Volt the 2nd Gen at least looks respectable.

As a counter point to all my criticisms look no further than the BMW i Series and Tesla (kind of), but those are well outside the price range of the average boomer let alone a working class drek like myself.

As a follow up it's worth remembering that cars are built and designed for the intended purchasing demographic and not the people who might consider picking up one used half a decade or later down the line. While I could be totally off base I would say the vast majority of people in North America have no real interest in cars other than as necessary appliances to get them from A to B. Hybrids have the stigma I described above because generally that's probably the primary purchasing demographic and the marketing teams want to pander to them as hard as possible.

It's the same reason why most performance sports cars have all but dropped manuals as an option in favor of DCTs with paddle shifters. While that's an entire income class or 2 up the logic applies either way.

I don't like change. Also it seems to me that if you're carrying around a bug battery, you might as well go full electric

>if you're carrying around a bug battery, you might as well go full electric

This level of autism is impressive.

Golf GTE doesn't seem that bad, but for the price you can get much better cars.

All of them sweet, sweet tax discounts though

no manuel

crz

I always floor my shit and drive fast as fuck so I'd likely be not even using the electric motors making them useless weight. I have no desire to get more than 10l/100km in the city.

It's not hate.
I just value speed and performance over fuel economy.

lmao look at these autistic busriders

You can't even afford a shitty gas car how are going to afford one of those user.

These busriders...

It's supposed to be big battery