Okay, so Hiro said. we can have one meta thread per board discussing how to improve the board

Okay, so Hiro said. we can have one meta thread per board discussing how to improve the board.

so how do we make Veeky Forums better???

remove anonymous

Rangeban americans

IDs

remove tripfags

Whatever you do, don't introduce flags.

t. rebbitors

>waaah I won't be able to samefag in the same thread!

seems fine to me. Have you seen boards like /v/ and /pol/? now there's boards that need fixing

>waaah I want meanies to be banned

delete it

t. Red.ditor

this

a community effort to not be 24/7 shitposting should do the trick

Stop posting. The problem with Veeky Forums is the posts. Stop.

>inb4 "hurr durr, I want flags, durr"

ban all white people. as usual they're cancerous to every community they enter

flags are. good tho??

Absolutely not. Any argument will instantly devolve into LOL 1.2 LITER DIESEL YUROKEKS and LOL FATBARGE AUTOTRAGIC BURGERMERICANS

ban yurocucks

>can't handle the bantz

stop making americans look bad

Bants should not be here at all, it's low quality content. 9gag exists. You wanna act like a teenager, do it there.

IP ban the avatarfag alphonse and everyone who is unironically copying him

There, board fixed

sperg more

IP bans don't do shit, and mods won't range ban the fucks

>Veeky Forums is totally serious business guys
>cars are my fucking life

You know this will never happen

>i caused this

adderall 15 mgwiwgvws

I genuinely believe having mods that were active for more than 1-hour/day and actually gave a shit about the board would improve quality immensely. IDs would be nice, but I think incompetent and lackadaisical moderation is the reason behind Veeky Forums's current state.

sperg more

Kys. Make borad instant better

sperg more

fix the random furry/alphonse raids and honestly this board would be pretty much shipshape. It's not a bad board at all, considering what some of the other ones are like.

Stop replying to namefags.

keep sperging

>17853645
>17853705
>17853718
>17853750
look at how bad this faggot wants a you. lmao kill yourself busrider

I'm not Alphonse though??????

Veeky Forums is actually one of the best boards around hands down. There is no need for change.

this board is 100% shitflinging and 0% good

>Veeky Forums is actually one of the best boards around hands down.
What kind of shitpost is this? The board is full of shitposts, "banter", meetup threads and tripfags and you have the gall to imply that it's better than fucking anything? Even /cgl/ is a better board than Veeky Forums. Veeky Forums is out and out one of the worst, most off-topic, most unknowledgeable boards on the entire fucking site. It's /v/ with cars. Look at /diy/ for christs sake. 99.5% of posts are flatly on topic, there's no shitposting, no trolling, and the vast majority of users are legitimately on the board to learn or do something. Veeky Forums is used as a fucking cesspot by its users and when called out on this behavior they DEFEND IT.

>dude Veeky Forums is SUPPOSED to be awful you just don't get it I've been here all summer

>Veeky Forums is supposed to be good
>i remember when /b/ was good six thousand years ago

>all of Veeky Forums is supposed to be like the newfag filter containment board
I get it. You want to use Veeky Forums as somewhere you can blow off steam and do as you wish. Lots of people do. We literally have specific boards for that. Stop degrading the interest boards.

people need to report posts that need to be reported

the report page needs a comment section to explain things to mods/janitors (that aren't familiar with the board the report came from)

You can take a look at other boards and see how quality they are.
/co/ for instance. Granted I only browsed it back when Samurai Jack was still airing, but in the catalog there were about 7 threads with the same topic, shitposting about shows/companies and also shit in it's pure form:
>"haha benis :3"
I don't browse /diy/ and don't know how active it is compared to Veeky Forums, but this board is still fairly good. Banter and shitposting aside, we still have some quality threads and helpful responses. Yeah sure, we got shit too, but I say it's bearable.

Veeky Forums and /co/ are in the same quality bracket as boards like Veeky Forums, /mu/, /v/ and /sp/. The fast moving boards are all shit, but the users are to blame for this entirely.
>but in the catalog there were about 7 threads with the same topic
This is how an imageboard is supposed to work. Those threads are supposed to serve a single topical purpose and then die. Generals are cancerous and should be avoided at all costs.
>shitposting about shows/companies
Look at this GM fangirl havin' himself a lil meltdown :^)
>also shit in it's pure form:
>>"haha benis :3"
We literally have that here.
>Banter and shitposting aside, we still have some quality threads and helpful responses. Yeah sure, we got shit too, but I say it's bearable.
Barely. There's a ratio close to 1:15 counting useful responses to utter garbage. If you ask a question about a specific thing you're going to get at least nine posts about either unrelated garbage, memes, bait, something about laptimes, or literally alphonse himself before you get one post actually trying to contribute by asking for more information to give a better response. This needs to be fixed.

Keep /pol/ shit in /pol/. I saw a Model T thread devolve into a >KEK GAS THE KIKES thread in less than ten posts.

>mfw i caused all of this

>Veeky Forums is out and one of the worst
/pol/
>most off topic
/r9k/
>most unknowledgeable
/x/
>is used as a cesspot by its users
/b/

>b-but they do it too so its okay

>i caused all of this

Narcissism

>>but in the catalog there were about 7 threads with the same topic
>This is how an imageboard is supposed to work. Those threads are supposed to serve a single topical purpose and then die.
You know, I was referring to the actually same topic, for instance Rick and Morty's season 3 premiere, there were that many threads discussing this particular thing alone. So basically you're saying you'd be okay with Veeky Forums having 7 threads, all discussing Ford Fiesta for example at the same time in the catalog.

as long as they were about different parts of it, sure.
/co/ is a horrible board to base conduct off of anyway.

meltdown

Ban the tranny that never talks about cars

this, and ban s/o/viet and that NEWFAGAY guy. They're objectively the worst name fags

Teh word 'boomer' should be caught by the spam filter.

boomer hate is annoying and I'm not a boomer.

BOOMERS LIKE VETTES LMAO WHY DONT THEY LIKE FIESTA STs!? is teh worse meme on this board

>have you seen /pol/ and /v/
Veeky Forums is just /v/ with cars. And the only way to fix /pol/ is to delete it.

This killed Veeky Forums for me

went from actual advice and shit to "Veeky Forums memes thread #9002" and i havent been back since

What's the point of all this? So what we get to have a thread to "improve the board" but nothing ever gets done. This board will continue to remain shit forever until Veeky Forums inevitably dies.

I just made it to shitpost in. They actually have no idea

Alphonse we meet again, haven't smoked in over a month, partly thanks to you. How's it been?

Fine? Why?

Just curious, can't I be friendly?

No. Whenever people are friendly they either want something from me or are mocking me.

Rageban the chicken molesting Australian and the goat fucking middle eastern before they come back with their shitboxes.
Rageban Nevada.
Remove /osg/.
Flags and IDs.
That is literally it.

Ok then pal

>rangeban one of the best states in America
not going to happen. sperg more

Don't shoot up a school,kiddo.

im not going to yet. i need weapons first silly. besides i have goals to achieve first. once i achieve them ill carry out the deed

>implying Veeky Forums is anywhere near as cancerous /v/

Veeky Forums is more like the Veeky Forums of cars teebeeaitch