/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>your opinions edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>user's Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=vIBOWQeIZM4

>EG6 Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=5HAvfZTKixI
youtube.com/watch?v=-T9ADR9-u6w
youtube.com/watch?v=Ivq77zRwtEk

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=sTiwxZXhCac
youtube.com/watch?v=k-KAY_Glmn4

>Honda Sensing
youtu.be/g12h8WCeA2k?t=1m43s

>del's blogfag
youtube.com/watch?v=VicQ-X6cxYg

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zvGRmCIMozs
phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/1994-honda-civic-hatch-si-5/6290625695.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-acura-legend/6301240693.html
capitolmotorsva.com/used-2001-HONDA-PRELUDE--fredericksburg-virginia-22407/vd/138803
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

/hg/ Rarity Scale
>Extremely common - 10 or more examples in collage (Civic)
>Very common - 9 examples
>Common - 8 examples
>Average - 7 examples (S2000)
>Less common - 6 examples
>Uncommon - 5 examples (RSX)
>Scarce - 4 examples
>Rare - 3 examples (NSX)
>Very rare - 2 examples (CRZ)
>Unique - 1 example (RLX)
>Non-existent - 0 examples (Clarity)

Posting for the first time (probably ever on Veeky Forums)
Driving a '98 CR-V
Will take better picture to join collage soon

can someone explain to me why the fuck the new civic si doesnt have a physical e brake?

I was looking at the new si but how can i do sikk FWD skids with a fucking electronic button

Wew,

I just managed, with normal but calm driving,
20km per litre dead, or 47.1 mpg averaged over 775 km (481 miles).
98 civic ek with the 115 bhp sohc 3 stage vtec-e engine.

That's tiny diesel territory. Beats the best I could muster with a 1.0 ecoboost Fiesta by quite some margin.
90's Honda is pretty impressive.

VTEC E is some serious shit. Even with my normal VTEC engine I do at least 30 city.

Nothing to report on my pizza machine. Hasn't given me a single problem since replacing the main relay.

That dent is gnarly.

How different is the EG from the Civic dealing with daily shit. It's relatively unsafe, but is it any louder, or more uncomfortable.

I'm doing away with my daily ek but thinking about a fun side car. Oddly enough an EG fits the bill. But I imagine everything I hate about my EK (NOISY AS FUCK, shit seats, uncomfortable, heavy steering - huge ratio, poorfag image) I imagine to be worse with an EG.

But fuck they look good. That shape is just perfect.

>an EG fits the bill

because every other semi classic car has been slapped by a huge boomer/ricer tax btw.

Classic and modern classic car prices have literally quadrupled over the span of 5 years.

>normal VTEC engine

B series?

Because it's safer
You can't do hektik e brake skids anymore

I've been dailying it for around two and a half years and still enjoy it. It's a base model CX though so no power steering or cruise control. I have decent AC though and comfy Del Sol seats. Not too loud inside with a catback with the only insulation being the interior pieces. No actual sound deadening on the metal at all.

youtu.be/zvGRmCIMozs

Nah just an imported D16A. Was swapped before I got the car and it's been great.

Went to look at this '98 Accord today, unfortunately it's an automatic. Anyone here ever had one of these (not sure if this was even sold in NA)?

So many red flags in that image.

Try to spot them all /hg. Nigger wheels are a freebie.

>Slay
YAS QUEEN

I kinda like the wheels.

was a reply to

Nigger

Well, fuck. I guess I'm a nigger now. Brb buying watermelon and grape soda.

A guy at Cambodian Tire said he could take the tire off the rim for free so I could get it fixed at some place they know. Based. Might inquire about re balancing my tires there is he's really cool. Finally getting my Mexiwheel back

on a side note, what style wheels are these?

>tfw you will never race an EF civic down a hill at insane speeds
It hurts

Picked up a timing belt and accessory belts yesterday, got the grand idea to do all the maintenance at once, since I don't know the last time it was taken care of. Just need oil, coolant, and transmission fluid. Anything I'm missing?

>EurobeatOnRepeat: Lost Into the Night - Elisa

saw a civic with that sticker on the side
gave it the wave but he didnt respond

I got the teg in the garage after much effort
(Other project car's battery was dead because i forgot to set it on the tender, and it took quite a bit of wrangling into shuffling batteries to find one i could jump, charge and then move the old beast out of the garage)
I ended up using the scrap cav in my driveway as a battery charger to juice up a battery to move the other car.

I've got the motor partially apart to do the timing belt, but i'll finish tomorrow because I'm bushed.
Hopefully the water pump/timing belt done, and no more aggravating surprises.

Next on the list is redoing the valve lash to remove that angry clock in the top end of my motor

Shingo I love you.
>Now buy me a beat up Aw11..

comfy ass pic. where from?

>2 ded Accords in the Collage
>Both CM5
This is sad.

unless it's a d17 there is no fuel efficiency for d17. not even the jap one. and yes both the Jap d17 and the a2 are VTEC e technically in how they work but the a2 Burns richer.

Once my clapped out integra is running tomorrow can I add it to the sweet collage of other hondas?

I get more and more pumped about burning around in my PoS Integra the closer i get.

It needs so much love but i'm a sucker for taking a beater and making it run nice.

I will need to learn to weld and do body work because the rust isn't awful yet but I know it will blow up over winter. Happened to my DSM when I left it at my work parking lot and I ended up scrapping it.

The type r doesn't either which sucks

OverRev manga man

There's 3 other RIP ones. Idk if which ones are ded or sold though.

>Once my clapped out integra is running tomorrow can I add it to the sweet collage of other hondas?
Why not, nihga?
See

whoa, i Really like the way it looks in silver!

phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/1994-honda-civic-hatch-si-5/6290625695.html

God 4500 is kinda a lot but it looks so good.

Didn't think I could like silver but you're right. The plate relocation makes the tail gate look funny though.

But I want one too. Kek

ok maybe not the car but I really like whats going on with that trunk, anyone know if this is a real part or is this all custom?

Never seen it before myself. Even all the aftermarket ones I've seen have a license plate spot.

The power of bondo, bitches.

Just bought this fully stock '06 CL7 Euro R
You guys are partly responsible for this

The Accord is just sitting there collecting small, fallen branches while the insurance hasn't arrived to pick it up.

You still got the OEM wheels? I'd keep those aftermarket ones if your next car can fit them.

>Punk ass versa looking at it like that
That sucks you see it in such condition.

I had to let the insurance to claim them because I don't have tires to put on the original wheels.
No money, either.

Damn. Oh well. Hope you got a lot of miles out of the tires at least.

I got them last winter and driven at least 10,000 miles on them.

I believe they would have needed changing by the end of the year.

>What was your 1st car?

>What do you want your next car to be?

>How long have you been on this board?

>Will you ever have C O O L V I B R A T I O N S?

>will you ever find your Nakazato boyfriend?

>would you help write/draw a street racing manga? If so what would you like to make or see? What kind of car would one of the main characters have?

Idk why but i kinda want to draw a CRX next for my short comic

>tfw people still thinking a storm will hit nc
>literally all of them are going west
>gas keeps going up
I mean pic related was last year but I don't think this is gonna hit me. there's a place selling gas for 2.80$
>tfw my cars more likely to meet it's end from no grip in rain rather than floodings
damn.

got those penny racer proportions. that works ok with crx.

Alright I'm heading to lakeshore Honda soon for my passenger airbag and master window switch recalls i n my 07 Fit.

Anything I should be aware of going in, and does anyone know what they actually replace in the driver side door?

Over last winter this rust started at the bottom seam of the driver door and I just sprayed it with rust check to stop any further damage before finding the cause.

What's a penny racer??

Is water pooling there? That could be it, maybe your seal is broken somewhere and water is getting in.
I don't think you'd need a new door, a body-shop could weld it back together.

Fucking love these. Been trying to get one myself but I can't afford it right now.

Should I bother building on a CB7 Sedan? or would it be more worth my time to buy a Prelude/Integra?

Nvm, found out they're those Cartown looking cars
Would a street racing manga work with penny racer cars?

I've never really seen a street racing manga done solely with penny racer cars
Maybe that could be my "thing" plus I love the proportions of them over normal car pics, and they're easier to draw, just seems weird having chibi-esq cars with normal manga style characters driving and working on them, feels like CARS but with normal ppl walking around

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-acura-legend/6301240693.html

thoughts?

my younger brother has a (I think) cg9 sport sedan with the 2L f20b6, other than some highly temperamental oil consumption it's been stellar, and is especially fun around the 4200 or 4800 rpm mark.
dodgy headlight wiring and rust in door seams and rear wheel wells where bumper meets the body are common issues on all variants of that model here in the norwegian rust belt, you might be a little better off wherever you're from

doesn't look too bad. I'd personally shoot for something with lower miles.

Cool, thanks. Rust isn't an issue here thankfully. Apart from some parts of the engine bay like the exhaust manifold there's no visible rust anywhere. Will try to get it this week.

Buy an integra/prelude instead

>2000 VW Jetta 2.slow auto, sold to Mexican at 240k miles
>I want a Miata or MR2 to have alongside the Civic
>Maybe 2012?
>All of the day bro
>My co-worker always talks about buying an R32 but he's always broke
>I have zero creativity desu

It really is a bad year for CMs.

>$1500 EX trim
That damage could actually be pulled out and new trunk put on if you don't really give a shit about things being perfect, but its still a loss.

F

I remember you mk4 jetta
I had the same car but it got T-boned then got that shit cav, which I desperately want to sell

It was decent but it was such a pain to work on. Could never figure out what stopped it from shifting into fourth gear. The Civics have been way better cars.

Friendly update from datl24, he's survived his first hit at drag week and will be heading to the next track soon. His time was a 23.135.

Who's got two thumbs and managed to put a timing belt and w/p on a B18 without chowdering the internals while timing it

This guy

A little coolant burping and she should be on the road

>23.135

wew lad

He's slower than my Ford by .2 seconds :^)

there is smoke coming out of the car and it turns out all my oil is leaking DIRECTLY onto my exhaust headers. time for a new valve cover gasket, maybe the small torque wrench to keep it at right torque

Get I'd like to add my Civic to the collage, here's a picture of my dumb chain on my car

BBS RA kinda style

Here is the photo I would like to use, it's a 96 Civic

>auto v6
Wew

So does he talk a lot or does he know how to stop talking lol

is BBS the originator for this design, or most popular?

Will add fâm

So boys, you're the masters of Honda's.....going to look at a 1999 Civic CX hatch with 293k kms, about 182k miles, anything specific I should look at?

pic related

Just found out these are Vial wheels from France
Vial any good?

Where's the proof tho?

Someone should make a "What to look for" guide for each model and year range. Would make things a little bit easier.

I woul'd take some work, maybe if we all post problems with ours generation hondas that come with age, we can make a guide.

>DO NOT DRIVE THIS VEHICLE

See

Thank you very much

You are welcome friendo

>own 99 Prelude
>drive 30 minutes to and from work every day
>want to buy a shitbox so I don't put any more wear and tear on the Prelude or otherwise ruin it
>find this
capitolmotorsva.com/used-2001-HONDA-PRELUDE--fredericksburg-virginia-22407/vd/138803
Should I go full retard and buy this for my daily so I can baby my original Prelude? I was thinking about buying a CRV or something, but I'd buy another Prelude just for the keks.

Post current Lewd. Is it a manual? I had two Civics for a while and loved it.

Ludes are cool but CR-Vs are comfy as shit

I borrowed my friends for a few weeks (He had just moved into town and his roommate was hogging his parking spot with this car that broke down, which I then had to go and fix in said parking lot)

Was extremely pleasant, if a bit boring.

>buy here pay here
If you can pay no more than 2k out the door, sure why not

Get an integra or a 5th-7th gen celica

This is my current Prelude. It needs a tune up, but other than that I just want to do some small things like touch up the paint, fix hail and glass damage, etc. It is an automatic, but I'm a cityfag, so I don't mind it in the stop-and-go traffic.
Yeah I was really looking at getting some kind of small SUV for comfy daily driving and just moving cargo or passengers. I hate carting people or things around in the Prelude as any added weight kills the performance.
I'm guessing it would cost about $500 to ship it to me, but other than that, it seems like a good deal for a beater.

Is an automatic motorcycle a horrible idea?

Not really any point, there's only a handful of autotragic bikes out there and they're mostly made for touring. At that point you should just go and get yourself a car.

>$250

Hmmmmmm

>The smooth rear quarters

I need to ask my buddy about the possibility of swapping into this.

Pic related looks pretty agile, and I figure the automatic would be easier on busy streets

>My QT BOYFRIEND SHINGO

When are you gonna put;
*fender mirrors
*wide fender flares
*exposed bumper mounted oil cooler
*and a shakotan exhaust

and make your EG civic a Shakotan/Kyusha mobile!?!