Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C5jWOQXsm8M
youtube.com/watch?v=8eYf3OHqq9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>YHVH created the physical multiverse
citation needed

first for mt2 heroine

So what are the odds that V will get a good collector's edition?

Must play tier:
SJ
Nocturne

Personal favorite tier:
DeSu 2
Persona 2 IS + EP
Persona Q

Good tier:
SMT 1 + 2
Persona 4
DDS 1 + 2

Flawed but enjoyable tier:
Persona 1
Persona 3
Soul Hackers
DeSu 1
SMT 4

>Chaos stands out from the other alignments in that while neutral is based on deontological ethics practices, and common intuitions, and law corresponds to radical forms of utilitarianism that can be done under certain instances, chaos is something that as its presented in most of the games is not easily defensible as an actual ideology. Which sounds humorous, but its actually true. Although it doesn't correspond well with any normally defended theories of ethics, it nevertheless does correspond to some real philosophies that have existed at past times. While one might be tempted to compare chaos to ayn rand, there are some better things to use that seem to be more direct of a basis, such as the writings of Nietzsche, egoist anarchism, as well as (allegedly) meritocratic, and ruthless social darwinistic tendencies (Which sometimes veer almost to fascistic tendencies, though this is more rare). And though chaos as a whole often professes ideologies like this, there are those within it who use their radical freedom to be slightly more tolerable.
what did he mean by this

Anyone have a link to that video that's like a infomercial for an exercise machine with the music replaced with nocturne's battle theme?

>it's a 'degenerate lawfag tries to make chaos look as unappealing as possible because he's a fat nerd who needs to connect everything to some concrete philosophy or worldview to justify his genocidal approach' episode

Not nocturne but this?
youtu.be/C5jWOQXsm8M

post yfw the first time the Jailer broke into a sprint when he got close in DDS2.

The closest this series has gotten to becoming a horror game.

Miyako chan is qt.

I ain't touching that game for this section. I hate these chase stealth sequences

Why can I get bullets in SMT1? I'm playing the Aeon Genesis translation.

You stupid nigger, I hope it's the patched orden one in the pastebin,
Dialogue is broken so you can't get guns in AG/Gideon's
You normally gain access in the antiques shop pre nuke after you get attacked by the Preta.
If you don't have Orden's patch which fixes this, you're stuck with no bullets until after nuke Tokyo, where shops sell them regularly.
Just copy and rename your save state/battery save to swap over

>Nintendo direct at e3
>they announced a port of Nocturne to Switch to keep people busy until SMT Switch
>includes Jack Bros HD

You have to understand that you're talking about what is literally the best case scenario

And now you've gotten me hopeful, damn it.

>full 3D SMT IV duology remake

no more 4 plz

hero and aleph didn't deserve to die for this

Thats not the best scenario, I can get your hopes even higher just so they will be crushed just watch.
>Atlus announces an SMT collection with all SMT up to 4A for Switch each with remastered art and original visuals
>gallery mode letting you read the original manuals and view all the box art over across the series
>along side they they announce the Persona collection which include the same things but also for other systems
>a port of 5 is also announced
>to finish this up the announce that there is a collectors edition that comes with both collections and a jack frost inspired Nintendo Switch/PS4
I really don't know if people on playstation care about SMT outside of Persona

>hero
>die

I mean it might be cool if I ever want to give Nocturne another go but this time portable. Other than that I don't know what they could do Nocturne to make it worth it.

Nocturne with P5 UI and presentation would be the best game.

Okay hear me out, so imagine Nocturne but this time its on a portable system at 720p.
You following me still?
Now imagine if you put that system in a dock and now you are playing Nocturne on a tv at 1080p

No the style of P5 is completely unfitting for Nocturne are you insane
Do you just mean the same button layout? If so what's the big deal

>switchfags
I needed a good laugh.
Jesus Christ why is the sound mixing for music so bad in Nocturne. It's terrible. Comparing it to DDS which was released a couple years later is jarring

Unless they put some extra effort into it instead of just up scaling it I can already do that on my PC.

P5 UI only work with the style of P5. IV's UI is my jam but it only works in a game with COMP

They would of course improve the textures.

Would be nice.
>don't mind me just being comfy in bed and punching god

Obviously things would be changed, but it would be a Nocturne version of P5's UI and its animations. Things like the button layout, the UI surrounding each party member instead of off to the side.

Where's my flying ship in Apoc?

We do care. After all those games released for the PS2, I really hoped that Atlus finally made the big jump to powerful consoles.

Alas, history showed us that Atlus went backwards and pushed the next SMT titles into portables inferior even to the years old PS2 and only a single persona title plus catherine would be the only bones Atlus threw at playstation gamers.

Well broken English user said that Nocturne was a flop and SMTIV saved the series, so it would make sense that it got pushed to weaker consoles and then back to consoles the way it did.

Fucking hell I don't know why Atlus put SJ and IV on portable. If you are sticking with Nintendo at least go for the Wii and Wii U

what is the tanakh?

How many SMT games are even on Playstation, I can only think of Nocturne, DDS, DS, and if.
I just assume Playstation is Persona town these days even if that means P4 and 5.

But Odin and his brothers made the world from the corpse of the giant Ymir.

PS2 was the weakest console of its respective generation though.

PS1 got ports of all the SuFami games except KMT, then PS2 with all those you mentioned. Mainline SMT has always been a Nintendo console series, III is the exception. It's back home.

Where's P5?

>back home
>not even on a home console like mainline entries prior

PS2 got Nocturne, DDS 1, DDS 2, Raidou 1, Raidou 2, Persona 3 and persona 4.

Quite the nice selection of megaten titles and it's not like the PSX was void of games as besides the original persona trilogy, it also had the devil summoner spinoffs and some remakes of the first shin megami tenseis so saying playstation is a persona machine isn't exactly right.

But then atlus had this puzzling decision to move all the megatens and newer spinoffs into the much inferior DS and that's pretty much how they abandoned playstation, giving us just catherine for PS3 and Persona 5 for PS3/4. Which makes it even more weird this decision is that as the other user said, they didn't even move it to the Wii U if they wanted to stick to nintendo, they moved their flagship titles and all the spinoffs to the fucking portables.

I always kinda assumed it was split between consoles.
Like when I hear people talk about SMT as a Playstation franchise they normally admit to only playing SMT 3 or say they played P4.
SMT feels like a hard sell to Persona fans while Persona doesn't seem like something SMT fans all hate.

As much as I'd love to see SMT at E3, I highly doubt we'll see anything at any of the big conferences. If anything, we'll know more about the game at TGS 2018.

Already had a 3ds flying around so I'm kinda happy Atlus didn't make me waste money on a Wii as well desu

Didn't Index get in some financial troubles back then and lead to Sega buying Atlus?

I'm pretty sure that the PS2 has the most MegaTen games, clocking in at seven (not counting rereleases). Correct me if I am wrong.

the ds sold like, a billion units, it's not hard to see why they went that way. also they had manor successes with other franchises on the DS line.
that's fair, loving your TMS shots btw

manor = major, dammit

>She just popped up at the Mart for me
>Those ho's
It's so cute

agreed

Thanks, I've been jumping between Atlus games just for the hell of it, playing multiple games by them at once is a trip, SMT4, TMS, P4, P5, P4D.
No good Tora is gone during the events of this game obviously.

>TMS is SMT x FE
>This means that TMS is considered SMT while Persona isn't
What

I have a hard time playing more than one game at a time, but more power to you hombre. I took a break from P5 to play SMT on my phone. I got like 40 hours into TMS and packed up my Wii U, I should really dig it back out but I got backed into a shitty corner in the game and needed to grind a bunch and said fuck it. I guess I could turn down the difficulty for a bit...

Not only that but FE exists in SMT
I'd wait for a port to Switch or something or better yet hope Atlus makes a Persona or sequel on Switch.

Yeah, I would be happy to start over if it got a Switch port. Here's hoping ATLUS jumps on the Wii U to Switch port cash-cow.

Whoops, read your post wrong and though you said you didn't have a Wii U.
Honestly with grinding I don't feel about lowering the difficulty on Nintendo systems because of the lack of achievements despite how stupid they are, on PS4 I feel bad about lowering the difficulty because I feel like I might miss an achievement or something.

Atlus puts its mainline stuff on the best selling Japanese console of the generation in Japan, including handhelds. They are also looking insular at that sort of stuff in terms of consoles they are developing for. They are really only now looking at international audiences and "thanking" them for their support.

Nocturne was on the PS2 because the PS2 was still the best option for getting their game to a wide audience. The GameCube wasn't going to do them any favors. The reason why SJ was on the DS was because the DS was the biggest fucking since rice in Japan. Yeah, the Wii was huge for a while, but it still paled in comparison to the DS in Japan. SMT IV was on the 3DS because they wanted it on a console with the largest audience that was going to guarantee sales. The Wii U was languishing, and like I said the Japanese sales of the 3DS dwarfed other competition in Japan. Handhelds are king there and they went with what the Japanese audience plays with, because they are very Japanese at their core. They still "threw them a bone" on the Wii U with TMS, but they can fuck off and die before pulling a stunt like that again.

Atlus was still relatively small by comparison to other companies that work on HD games, so P5 was their first huge console HD project (outside of Catherine) that they worked on, but for SMT they wanted to get it to a wide audience and guarantee sales, so they put it on the best selling platforms of the time.

I imagine that with the new HD project, it may be multiplatform, but they are also placing their bet that the Switch will be a viable platform for them and if they are one of the few JRPGs on the system it'll pay off, not just for the company but the SMT brand. For what it looks like so far, in terms of Switch sales, that bet may turn out good for them.

SMT x FE was the project name, I suppose you could call it that, and it might still be called that on box art or in Japan, but it's a misnomer.

It's an okay game, but that crossover just doesn't work. Cross SMT with something more logical.

Like Nasuverse or something, I want to beat the shit out servants with demons.

Also a fair point, I try and be a tough guy, but I just want to put that game on my 'finished' list.

youtube.com/watch?v=8eYf3OHqq9s

We live in the darkest timeline.

I don't support sony.

FUCK
All this makes me think is that EO is at the end of the road now with the end of dual screens.
Sure you could make it on one screen with some cutbacks but it just wouldn't be as snappy.

EO is at the end of the road because EOV is never getting localized.

Probably the biggest travesty in this game is the outfits they made these gals wear.

I can't say it's logical, but I would adore any kind of crossover between SMT and Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Then you should probably remove most of the games on that list yeah?

Nah, I can buy the game and play it on an emulator. You can't emulate P5 yet.

>Must play tier:
>SJ
Stop this meme right now

>I can buy the game and play it on an emulator
What did Sony do to you

So why does everyone hate Elly's look in Persona 2?

Most people dislike Sony for the PS3 ending up the way it did and the PS4 being the Xbox 360 of the gen, while few hated the PS2 for its terrible internals.

Childhood is having short hair as a girl
Adulthood is realizing that long hair accentuates female features

Yeah but there's a difference in intent between saying "I don't own/want this console" and "I don't support Sony"

Not him but I'm slowly trying to drop Sony from my consoles with P5 and Yakuza being the only two games I really touch on PS4, mainly due to PS+ costing too much and them no longer being the go to for online games.

>for the PS3 ending up the way it did and the PS4 being the Xbox 360 of the gen
How so?

PS3 was a mess and turned tons of people off based on the price and launch alone only becoming a decent alternative when the price dropped and people realized that $60 a year is bullshit.
PS4 is mainly a shooter and sport box with occasional cool jap games but handhelds have really hurt the PS4 from being a must have.

>with occasional cool jap games
At least it has that, what the fuck does the new xbox have

When can I dress Touma up as a hoyboy?

why did the SMT2 final bosses have such shitty themes compared to MT2 for example

Halo 2

When you buy that muthafuckin DLC

Still supporting the paying to keep stuff exclusive.
The password scandal.
Forced HDCP on all the time.
Subpar hardware riding on 80s brand

Ah, it's DLC. Thanks user.

decarabia pillow when

So what exactly is YHWH in Shin Megami Tensei or does it differ between titles?

A demon like others but just extremely powerful? A willful ground of creation distinct from demons? How does YHWH relate to the series' cosmology?

>Still supporting the paying to keep stuff exclusive.
Is Sony the only one who does this?

>YHWH
"YHVH", my mistake.

These days pretty much, microsoft and nintendo have been trying to limit it to things they straight up pay for or publish while sony just pays them to not release on other systems or release it late on other systems.

The universe and humanity in some form existed already, YHVH was born from the Axiom to meet human desires for order/salvation (as well as perhaps the Axiom's own desire to be worshipped), and bound humanity to flesh, creating humans as we know them. He's not fundamentally different from demons, but he's extremely powerful. What is known about him differs between titles a bit but the above story fits most games, though is mostly drawn from SMT IV: Apocalypse.

Thanks m8.

No, it can be spelled both ways. DeSu1 does it as yhwh but most others do it yhvh

In order to understand how YHVH 'works', you need to know the Observation clause. Generally, things we see in the world around us are distinguished by certain traits and aspects, and allows us to think abstractly. So, even though we can't say exactly what 'red' is, we as a species have a shared understanding of what red is and can define and know it, because we have the power to observe it.

How this additionally works in SMT is that it creates gods and demons. They're born from the collective understanding and observation of mankind. Gods and demons come from the Axiom or Great Will, which is sort of like the ultimate being of SMT which encompasses everything, and the more mankind understands and observes aspects of the Axiom, or basically the universe and reality. YHVH is one such aspect of the axiom that was possibly created from mankind's answer to how the world was formed. It's kind of weird - even though yhvh did not exist before mankind, it's likely that mankind's perception of him changed spacetime enough to the point where he was 'inserted' into history, if that makes any sense, because it's such a powerful belief and concept.

Unfortunately, yhvh is a massive asshole and got too much power. As it is now, the big golden heads you see and fight are just parts of him - his presence and control varies between universes and he himself exists in non euclidean, higher dimensional, incomprehensible space. So the great will and stephen, one of its agents, basically have become pissed and try to get rid of his influence in every world they can.

Hey smtg, build guy here again to ask again how my build is. Also recommendations of what skills to get next would be appreciated.

Ah, this is much more detailed. I thank you as well.

So in reality there are universals that are one with the overarching source of creation - The Great Will. This functions in a panentheistic worldview ala Brahman. Mankind is part of this rather than separate from it and aspects of themselves and other parts of reality generate as sentient perfect forms of all of these aspects.

As the aspects themselves preexist in the Great Will in priority over humanity, YHVH exists before humanity in response to humanity's nature - specifically the aspect of order.

Did I get that right?

any Raidou version