>chevrolet
>not toyota

the two god tier vans have finally met and prepare to do battle

best van incoming

>mid engine
>supercharged
>awd
>toyota reliability

Yeah it's prob better, but I just like how that gen of Lumina looked a lot.

Sorry m8, but the Itchypussy Dicklicka is greater than all.

Can I be a mini-minivan?

>tfw all the dustbuster vans are gone
No joke I actually kinda like the ones with the 3.8.

literally erect rn

I had the pontiac version, I drove it to the junkyard after it hit 500k

UMA DELICA

Is a van the best vehicle for a young, financially struggling 3 piece band to drive themselves and their gear from show to show?

>can take out back seats for instruments and equipment
>can alternate driving, navigating, and napping with front two seats and the middle row for longer trips
>can spray paint it with your band's logo and not have to worry about ruining an aesthetically pleasing vehicle with crappy paint

Yes, you are correct.

is it possible to put a supercharged 3800 in one of those?

Here's a flaw:

That van would be more aerodynamic driven in reverse than forward.

I don't think that's right user

kys

No, it's right.

The back of the car is the part you want sloping down to a point, not the front. youtube.com/watch?v=mbzwuNCHlXw

I like the Oldsmobile variant better.

Also Aerostar is clearly superior.

>GM
A very big flaw.

>ugly in and out
>170 HP from a fucking 3.8L V6
>puny brakes for a van that weighed two tons

>>puny brakes for a van that weighed two tons

how do you know this user...

>The Cadillac of minivans
we weren't worthy

No love for the Chrysler minivans?

Had a 3800 Transport
Loved the torque off the line, it was easy to make them chirp, best part was the plastic body panels

I believe so, as long as it had the non fi 3800, an L67 and 4T65-E should fit, you just have to drop the motor out from under

Most of us prefer their transmissions not shitting the bed every year

No because Chrysler a shit. Chrysler transmissions are all crappy and especially in heavy vans. Also crap interior quality and they just fall apart and rust. I have 3 chryslers. Not worth owning. Even my low-mile 1999 Prowler is a headache.

4th Gens are pretty bulletproof. My dad's 05 is up to 285k miles. Sadly, the motor really is starting to go as of late.

The GOAT

There's still so many of those beasts left on the roads. How I don't know. The transmissions are usually so fucked the thing sounds like it's got a supercharger and there's plumes of black smoke coming out the exhaust.

Move away, proper minivan coming thru.

>this would be "compact" minivan us of a

My dad bought exactly the same one as your pic when I was born.
7 years later, it saved our lives from oncoming dump truck and died with honor, so he bought a new one.
Last year he had to sell it because of 13 year tax rule and got pic related.

It ran from 1990-2004, that's a damn good run

What I would love to do, even though L67 swaps are a thing with gen in pic related, I would swap an LX9 considering it drops right in, makes more power and torque than the LA1, is a HELL of a lot more reliable, and can be had for cheap as fuck
Best part about the LX9 is the powdered forged rods that can apparently take a shot ton of abuse according to Milzy, can you say Turbo U-Boat?

Condolences on your Outlander/Lancer in drag. Shame they didn't built it on the Gen 3/4 Pajero platform like previous versions.

best minivan coming through

best van coming through

muh 1mz sound

oh i remember that thread lol

i like mazda 5
its a sleeper
and its also a sleeper

>tax rule
what tax rule?

>If you have a gasoline vehicle older than 13 years or a diesel vehicle older than 11 years then you need to tack another 10 percent surcharge onto the above price.
accessj.com/2013/05/annual-automobile-tax-in-japan.html?m=1
The law is designed to make people buy new vehicles.

Only the first gen Turbo five speed Caravan.

Why do you have so many if you hate them, let alone a prowler which is one of the most Niche cars on earth? Not saying your wrong, as I've had chrysler products of that era and had those issues on top of electrical issues (Only good thing about that Grand Cheerokee was the 4.0 held over from AMC) but still.

None of you have posted this yet.
Truly disgraceful.

Isn't the point of a van to carry a bunch of shit?

All joking aside it's fucking impossible to tell how close your nose is to anything in these because the dash is absurdly long.

This.

I mean if you ever find your self broke, and in need of a dining table, go to the junk yard find one of those pull the dash.

All you need is two eyes and a working brain.

>Not a Mercury.

>pajeet van

Patrician taste. The 3.8 is king, they're like cockroaches.

ur a faget

go 2 hell niger

The maori battle bus. In 2017 these are still incredibly popular with lower socio economic new Zealander/islander families living in Australia. If they move into your street, time to leave.

>can spray paint it with your band's logo
Why would you willing tell people there are goodies to steal?

>Van thread

Where are the vans? All I see are gay crossovers and mini-"vans".

I got one for $200. They're shitty but they're basically automotive cockroaches. Start looking around and you'll see them everywhere. 3/4 are in terrible condition too, but just refuse to die.
Most of the problems with the 4-speed auto were with the oil. They're supposed to use a proprietary blend and people routinely fill them with Dextron V which just puts them into limp mode. It's surprising how long they can run in that state too, and draining/swapping for the correct fluid usually fixes it. The V6 engines are also pushrod units that while not stellar are also quite simple and neglect-resistant.

Honda makes best minivans.

No idea why not.

Chrysler DEFINED the Minivans in the 80's to mid 90's.

I don't see many of the third-gen models around anymore. I assume those that are left are equipped with the 2.4 or 3.0 with a three speed. Or else they've had the four speed swapped in from a fourth-gen, as by '01 or so they fixed most of the problems.

The Prowler was my dream car as a kid and when one with "high miles" came up for sale in my city (a '99 with 75k miles), I had to buy it. I love it, DESU. It's a fun summer car and it's not bad on gas because V6. Some day I might do an LS/manual swap, but for now it's fine.

The other two are both PT cruisers. One base automatic, the other a GT 5-speed manual. Inherited the base from my grandfather, and got the GT as a practical toy for $800. Turns out that the PTGT is fun as fuck to drive, and has a German transmission so no issues there.
Despite electrical gremlins, the PT Cruiser is super practical for hauling shit around and fairly comfortable. Great visibility, and a small footprint so easy as cake to park, and they aren't too awful to work on and are cheap to maintain.

That is one sporty looking minivan, holy fuck.

Autistic millennials hate being reminded that they probably won't pass on the family legacy.

These vans have a film on the windshield that's fuckin purple when you wear polarized sunglasses. Shit's annoying.