>not a W

that's not an engine

the hell is the thought process behind this

>double vv

It is a W you retard
That's how the cylinders are arranged

>implying

opposing cylinder engine

8 cylinders in a smaller package than a V8. Volkswagen offered one in the Passat in 2001-2004 that made 275hp n/a.

It was also a test bed for the later W12 and W16 engines that are used in various higher-end VAG cars.

It's a circumcised W, you anti-Semite.

how the fuck does the head fit?

Bro you're actually retarded

>SOHC

No that looks like the pinnacle of engineering to me

the LS

>not percy
fuck off.

Has science gone too far

I have the LT version of this in my truck...pretty nice engine desu...285hp, loads of pull and parts are plentiful...I just strip them off an LS at the pickandpull...

because?

new lt or old?
>also plus 10 points for not taking my bait

Ford 5.slow

>You will never howl down the Mulsanne straight in a 12-rotor Mazda RX-7 FD

why live

FPBP

Delusional

yup

luckily I like retard moe

Percy is a pretty good candidate. He literally went backwards instead of forwards for a signal and was stupid enough to actually ask trucks to bump him. I'm sure he's been topped by one of the hundreds of thousands of new engines they've introduced to sell shitty quality toys of to kids in recent years

Delet

careful now, you might piss off a mazda fangirl.

thank god the global economy isn't controlled by a bunch of sentient steam engines with the mind set of a toddler

-Sent from my iPhone

>all the accidents in the original stories were based on real accidents

Really fuckin' activates those almonds

Rotary radial engine, used in WWI planes, crank shaft was bolted stationary, engine case and cylinders rotated with prop bolted to it.
>pic related

"""""eco"""""boost

That looks fucking awesome

*BRAP*

It's in a 2005 Silverado I bought last fall...

Assmad

these things are actually pretty retarded

keep talkin shit nigga

see what happens

Waifu stealing and shit talking the best meme engine

i mean theyre cool and all but they're still sort of retarded user im sorry

Did a Nordberg fuck your mom or something?

chrysler pacifica

more like dual over head cuck

>shed17.jpg

There are so many reasons

>on the market in various vehicles for decades
>on the maket for 6 years

The fact that the word eco is involved is annoying, but i like the 1l and 1.6l.

ok 40 hp 500 redline diesel broguy

Why would one think that much rotating mass was a good idea?

Yea I'm with the other user, that looks cool as fuck. I would definitely try to build a vintage racer around it if I had one lying around.

It might not be the dumbest of all time but the B6 Audi S4 with the 4.2 V8 that had the timing chain/system face the firewall. Of course it always happened to fail as well.

Honorable mention: Chrysler .2.7 V6 in the Intrepid etc, total pos sludge machine

delet

think of it as a double v,

I had a 2003 sebring with the 2.7 and with all the sludging stories I hear I'm convinced I had a unicorn. Got mine to 260,000 KM before I gave it away. Though I used synthetic oil and was religious with the oil changes. That being said I don't recommend anyone buying one. Way better used vehicles on the market

that crankshaft would be a finely machined jewel that would cost so much to make

Probably a member of the VR6 family. Especially the VR5:
>Take I6 engine
>Add slight V angle (and imbalance)
>Come up with retarded & uneven head flow
>And lopsided pistons
>And a DOHC system that won't phase I&E desperately
>And an iron block that manages to be more pigfat than a regular iron I6
>All to make this engine fit where your V6 would easily fit
>Lop off one cilinder
>It now has identical packaging to your superior I5
VAG was retarded back then.

V6>I6 tho.

Subaru Boxer engine, complete junk

Rotaries can actually be pretty good at some niche uses. They're just terrible consumer engines.

The VAG "W" motors aren't real W's though. They have two banks, not three.

>Smaller package
Hell no. It's just shorter, which makes sense on a longitudinal AWD system with the engine sticking out in front of the front axle.

Because wide engines make for bad suspension design.

Modular has been on the market for longer than that, and people like to LS swap because it's smaller, yet has a similar output.

The engineers who had to figure out how to cool them.

Post a 5 second LS engine GM cuck

Mod is god

accufabracing.com/accufab-mustang

it's not a boxer. So the answer is no.

>V6>I6 tho
In what way

Packaging and weight, mainly, which is what matters. Their output is often similar.

>m-muh v8!

>1hp can haul 1/4 ton
impressive

LS

>The VAG "W" motors aren't real W's though. They have two banks, not three.

No they have 4 banks in two blocks.

6 inline

Probably SkyActiv, shit bhp/l, shit bhp/kg, shit bhp/mpg

One head = one bank of cilinders. They have two heads, one intake side, two exhaust sides, which makes them a stupidly designed V, and not a W.

Even if it did have four banks (it doesn't), it wouldn't be a true W since those have three banks.

>Nordberg
Damn, i just researched that engine.
30,000 cubic inches
a fucking 2 stroke diesel.
2,000 horsepower sustained 24/7
i can imagine is made like 20,000Lb Ft of torque.

>One head = one bank of cilinders
No, one head = two banks of *cylinders* you are probably stupid enough to consider the V5 an inline engine.

If that is how you spell cylinders I don't think people will take you seriously.

Quit your delusion, it's not a W. It either has too much (false) or too little (true) to be a W engine.

The VAG "V5" is actually a VR5. First of all, it's an unholy abomination that only deserves death. Second of all, it's a VR, or inline V. Technically speaking, it's neither a V or inline engine, but both at the same time. However, it shares most of it's trait with the inline five: single head, single direction of head flow, and rectangular packaging. It's only considered a VR because of the slight V angle.

It's cilinders in my native language though. When somebody says cylinder, I think of German, not English.

Cadillac Northstar

A bank of cylinders is defined by acting in the same plane not sharing the same head. You could make a single head LS it's not going to make it a single bank.

Still not a W.

A W engine can either be a triple bank of cylinders, or a "Double-V" (literally what "W" means - "VV"). They are homonyms.

>boost pressure: 89psi

delet this

because rotating mass doesn't really matter in an airplane engine where you don't have quick rpm changes like in a car

this

Except those engines in WW1 fighter planes were so unstable they could fling you out of the air cause of the rotating mass and lightweight construction of planes back then. Also was one of the reasons why pilots back then we're seen as crazy daredevils with ugly wives.

>ugly wives

what?

Still nothing compared to that glorious I14 2smoke "diesel" (heavy fuel oil really) with 108k hp

Piggish faces and a lot of belly fat