>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Our pastebin (Don't bother reading this right now, it needs an overhaul)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed)

>Dom4 Inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Noob questions answered that you didn't think to ask
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Debugger guide and download
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453&highlight=debug

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
Last thread: 178327652

Other urls found in this thread:

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3380
mediafire.com/file/v0z6q0prbglqgl3/glittergem_ea_v0.91.rar
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TwoElvesOneGrail
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3369
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last thread

In case you're wondering how Community Clash is going.

It's still going? Huh. I thought it was cancelled.

It should've ended this turn, but we fucked up.

>Jack Chick's Muslim Moon God

Who's repping the /domg/?

sum1won, Carlix, CoolStory, Sy, Lambert

The first three are the actual players

Lmabert is our spirit animal.

Will we get a sick rundown when it is over? Has someone been saving sick screens?

Did we stomp?

Admins have the turn archive on the server, so it would be possible to make an AAR.

Is there any reason to try to take your enemy's capital? Even with a force that vastly overpowers what's defending, the citadel is completely insane and allows even a small force to destroy shit 10x stronger than them.

You have magic in this game, you know.

A dozen mages. In an open field battle, this would have been extremely one-sided. With the citadel, its the opposite.

walk in with a scout, then take your time and make a plan.

you can definitely accept to lose troops but not many mages or your sacred stack in storming a capital.

thugs and earthquake casters are a good idea.

Bump motherfuckers.

Another mod nation. Gnomes. Size 1, lots of glamour, and giant ground squirrels. Probably needs serious rebalancing.

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3380

I like your modnations, strabo.

>size 1 dual wielders

HAHAHAHAHAHA

M-MASAKA...

UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS

Th-thanks.

The big rat-dog sprite is pretty good.

It's a dire wolf from Might and Magic VIII with some alterations.

I think that, in general, storming forts when it is unnecessary is a mistake a lot of new playera make. Having an extra cap is nice but keeping the enemy holed up in there is more important than the extra income.

Their sacreds are size 3 flyers with FOUR attacks, one of which is a lance. Also 15 base defense. And glamor. Put W9B9 on these guys for a good time.

Their mages are an A2X1 (where X can be A or S for storm or com), an E priest (half of which are E2), an E2S2X1, and N2X1 (half of which are N3), and their cap mages are F2E2S2X1.

They have a 25 gem D2 golem with acid shield, perfect for soul vortexing. They also have double-shatterfister golems kinda like summod siege golems, but cheaper and earlier and with only +20 siege. They have a cons 2 spell to get a tanky front line (which doesn't have a cost at the moment? Probably just a bug, but they're free now according to mod inspector).

Oh, the D2 golem isn't op btw. I really like it. Vanilla golems can teleport where these guys can't, so they lose out on mobility in exchange for their soul vortexing AND they need to carry a D gem to do it. The summons in general are nice, and help provide a front line that isn't size 1 and squishy, since otherwise you'd have a really tragic aoe vulnerability.

OH AND THE BIRDS ARE RECRUIT ANYWHERE BY ZE VAY

>which doesn't have a cost at the moment?
Oh shit, I will fix that.

How should I nerf the flyers? Make them cap-only? Remove some attacks?

Either take out the sword or make the lance break. Right now the riders are stabbing with their lance and swinging their sword every round like true ballers, but that might be a bit much. Taking the short sword also nerfs their defense-tank, which is pretty strong right now.

>Either take out the sword or make the lance break.
Oh bot, I used the wrong light lance. I intended to use the one-use one.

How to nerf size 1 dualwielders? Are they that big of a problem?

they're way lower strength than clockwork horrors. They'll just murder low prot stuff, like elves and water elementals.

Also, all the summons have a gemcost. That "no cost" thing probably was a mod conflict or something.

Use aoe spells.

Glittergem hotfix
mediafire.com/file/v0z6q0prbglqgl3/glittergem_ea_v0.91.rar

- Burrow Knights, Burrow Defenders, Falcon Riders, and Wing Leaders now have a one-use lance
- Falcon Riders and Wing Leaders are cap-only now

NewGamePlus Marignon makes his turns last and doesn't do double turns.

Just thought I'd mention it.

You know, maybe I was wrong.
Maybe each faction is unique in its own way.
I was wrong to try and lump all of them together.

it would have helped ease new players into the game quite a bit, though

New Game, simple EA romp

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TwoElvesOneGrail

I saw a guy on steam wanting to play a 1v1 game where he was ragha and someone actually took him up on it. The name of your game just reminds me how dumb that was..

Imma join

>llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TwoElvesOneGrail
I'm going to load a better pretender later, but this is just me caliin Machaka

Do you smell what the rock is cooking?

Finally I have a big battle report to share.

I don't think I did too hot here, though.

>killed 24 Knights
>7 for one mage trade
>Don't think I did great

save the humble-bragging for your desperate attempts to impress the opposite sex user

Still looking for an EA Agartha sub. Game is on turn 13, Agartha staled 1 turn, but is in solid position with no ongoing wars and still some room to expand for some reason.

Is this a meme? Who are you?

I lost less gold, but I lost around 80 gems in summons there.

I asked what is his bless/position/size

Get in chat/Discord.

at least you horrofucked the living shit put of their pretender right?

I'm there

I had everything on cascades duty. They took his Children of Tiamat out of the fight completely, and a fair number of his morvarch as well.

I might change some of them over to horrormarks in fights which I'm less worried about losing catastrophically.

Update to Bracada!

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3369

Changelog
v0.95
- New pretender: Naga Empress
- New pretender: Grandmaster Genie
- Pretender roster expanded with vanilla titans
- Titans have their random paths changed from AWS to FWS
- Construct Brass/Bronze/Gold Golems have their E and F paths swapped

Now where is muh necropolis.

Undead nation dependent on gold recruits and no domkill could be interesting.

Basically, make skellingtons recruitable, and have only liches raise dead.

Necropolis liches dont raise the dead tho, they shoot death fireballs at people.

Recruitable everything and then something to represent necromancy. Perhaps national spell that animates dead bodies in a province into skeleton warriors.

If you're doing it by game logic, shouldn't heroes automatically spawn skellingtons after battles?

I fear that would be impossible to do. But yea, would be best.

For troops we would get normal skeletons, skeleton warriors, ghosts, zombies, vampires (not immortal), liches (also not immortal, shooters with aoe ignore undead) and death knights (elite cavalry, perhaps national sacreds?)

Mages would be vampire lords (not immortal), power liches (not immortal) and death knights.

Summons would include skeletal/ghost dragons, mummies, wraiths and maybe other assorted undead.

I think the nation could have a neat mechanic with no upkeep for basic troops like skeletons. Depending how balanced that would be.

Is there an event that could check for the number of corpses in the province? Then it'd be really easy to do.

What are Machakans supposed to use for infantry?

Rhino Clan just seems really meh for the cost and everything else is so damn fragile, Lion Clan is spammable but is 14 damn gold.

Dunno.

For mages I think:
-power lich StR rec anywhere D3 base plus 100% FW random 100% FE random, maybe another 100% WE
-vampire lord rec anywhere D2 100% FW
-dread knight cap only StR D3 base 200% AFEW 100% AFEW
I don't think S fits the nation so instead its skeles plus bane fire plus DA spells out of cap.

Cap gems would be D3F1W1

oh, i guess this is fixed in summod

Aren't they more for earth magic and all?

Also, you can balance liches by giving them base (powerful) ranged attack with no AoE, and additional effect in like AoE 5 with damage capped at 1.

I named my scorpian man pretender Brawndo.

Do you think I should have gone with The Rock or OogaBoogawheredawhitewomenat?

Of 4 magic schools, Necropolis heroes are weakest in Fire magic, so might be a good idea to remove that one.

Might leave random F1 for banefire.

>What are Machakans supposed to use for infantry?
Skeletons and vine ogres, honestly. Their recruitables lose to pretty much anything. Getting another bouda (or saving for another palisade to recruit them in) instead of ~15 troops is the correct choice in 99% cases.

I might be wrong on the lore, but aren't Titans supposed to be essentially mindless super-constructs (which is why they were immune to mind effects)? Having one as a pretender seens questionable.

They are constructs in HoMM5. I'm basing the nations more on the classical lore.

They're cyborgs made by ancient aliens, just like angels. Angels are more human-like though.

sounds about right.

Machaka has a lot going for it, good paths, strong sacreds, recruitable lions and elephants, spider cav, but their infantry sucks balls.

>essentially mindless super-constructs
>Having one as a pretender seens questionable.
It's fine. See Colossal Fetish.

>strong sacreds
Slow down m8. The only thing worth noting about Machaka's sacreds is the stun effect on their attacks, but it's negated by size (doesn't do anything to units bigger than size3) and you only get 2 attacks per square (and their combat stats aren't very impressive either). Even MA Xib's obsidian warriors are straight up better than them.

First one was cancelled. Somebody else took it up. It's now on turn 60 or so. Domg just went for a throne rush but lost the battle for the last throne.

Yeah, but their armor isn't absolute garbage like most sacreds, so they don't die to a stiff breeze.

>Clockwerk Hounds admin spamming retarded spongebob memes and anti-trump/anti-russo garbage

sounds like a cool guy

I want to touch her hair.

They're two-dimensional, just like your taste.

It's weird how most people not on Veeky Forums dislike trump.

complex things break

can we not have this discussion?
Its trolling and off-topic

okay, I mean, their sacreds aren't great, but a they aren't total ass.

H-he started it!

Aren't bouda foreignrec?

Please remember to submit your turns aniki

ded

How do I encourage my opponents to stale?

use cancer

Postpone by 168h

go ai

Just a heads-up, the VGL8 Qualifiers are starting today and will continue over the weekend. We won't be participating in them, but some of the teams in there will advance to the VGL proper and we might face some of them, plus it might be >fun to watch.

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_8_Qualifiers

Can we fucking win this time, please?

Can we somehow harness our autism to become unstoppable?

If /gsg/ can't do it then nobody can.

So I'm not great at gsg but I feel like Dom is much more micro intensive, there are always small marginal improvements to be made. But gsg is more about the macro and setting up your autopilot well

>setting up your autopilot well

Once you boil it down there is virtually no strategy to gs.