Mazda 3

Hey Veeky Forums I'm looking into getting my first car and was thinking about a used Mazda 3. I like the look of the 2014 update, and it seems they seem to be reasonably priced in my area, especially compared to the civics and corollas with similar mileage. I don't really see Mazdas other than the Miata discussed here, but I would appreciate if if anyone would share any experience they'd had with one of these. They seem to be well reviewed and are apparently mildly fun to drive. my driving experience so far is with my family's old Civic and my Dad's Jetta.

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/cars/mazda/mazda3/2019/2019-mazda3-prototype-first-drive-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=87c48vd9Bvk
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=465917657&zip=02138&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=02138&startYear=1981&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&maxPrice=8000&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=MAZDA3&makeCodeList=MAZDA&searchRadius=25&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&maxPrice=8000&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=MAZDA3&makeCodeList=MAZDA&searchRadius=25&makeCode1=MAZDA&modelCode1=MAZDA3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bampo

Where you from? Im assuming USA, i dont know much about the USDM market but assuming the Euro brands are like the ones we have here, I cant recommend the Ford Fiesta enough, particularly the ST model, extremely fun to drive, If your looking for better economy then I recommend the VW Golf or BMW 3 Series.

t. Used car salesman in the UK

mazdas are girls cars brah
dont do it

I was also looking at the Mazda3 as well but they seem to hold their value very well if they're taken care of and haven't been in accidents or have been rentals, so it's hard for me to find one when I could just buy a new one for roughly the same price. Mazda6 is the same circumstance, I'm taller so I want a midsize sedan.

Even if you're dead set on this econobox, I would still ask you to wait.

motortrend.com/cars/mazda/mazda3/2019/2019-mazda3-prototype-first-drive-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=87c48vd9Bvk

keep driving the civic. it's perfectly adequate

Ontario (Canada)
I guess the fiesta st is probably a little out of my price range new and i don't think I've seen a lot off used ones around. I'm a few hours from any big cities so the markets a little limited. A gold would probably be nice, but they cost more for much higher mileage than the Mazda 3s.

I don't live with my parents.

then buy your own 3k civic. buying almost new econoboxes is retarded.

Depends how easy is it to obtain diesel, in your area, fuck the emissions bull shit, buy one and enjoy comfy 65+ MPGs

Oh I'm definitely thinking of buying used. I was thinking a 2014, preferably manual, preferably a hatch, but I'm flexible and want to get good value for money.

Post your local craigslist.

Ford Focus is a great car, it has been Britain's best selling car for years.

I just recently bought a Mazda3 2014 Sedan iSport. If you think you might want to do absolutely any sort of performance modifications the Mazda3 is not the car for you. Only thing available for the M3s is a tune.

It's an amazing car to drive, it's quick enough when I want to do a little spirited driving and it's comfortable while cruising; lightweight and feels small. Get the red version if they have it and white if not, they're the best looking with exterior mods imo.

If you are curious about anything just ask away, I've spent $4k+ on mine lol.

>buying the 2.0
ha gaaaay

Yeah I made the mistake of not learning about the actual car before buying it lmao. I got over it though, I like the car.

This, just don't get the automatic one, it has a ton of problems.

Is the interior too small? I was thinking of the Mazda6 because it's bigger. I like having a lot of space.

get an e550 or 550i with a 6-speed instead.

It's just boring thats why nobody talks about it here. It's just Mazda's answer to a mass produced econobox that other companies shit out every year. It's not a bad car but it's just no fun.

Do not buy a manual econobox. Yes youll avoid the rentals but you wont be able to sell it. If you want a manual, aim for ~8 years old since it'll be worthless after you're done with it anyway.

The trunk of the 3 has a shit ton of space but the back seat is a little small especially if you adjust the driver's seat to suit your comfort.

I have an 06 I enjoy driving it a lot.
I recently reached 175k miles and it's still running strong and hasn't needed much in the way of repairs beyond basic maintenance.
They aren't very expensive either.

Powershift Gearbox is fucking shite. Automatics have only just started to get a bit more popular over here. VW's DSG and BMW's new 8speed box have helped things.

I way prefer manual however.

I have the '16 iSport with the preferred package on it. Had it for a bit over a year now. Car has had no issues on my end and it gets great MPGs. Plus Soul Red is the best color ever.

>buying the small engine
you dun goofed

yeah sexy af

I personally dont care. Im not driving it hard.

then why didn't you buy a used prius for 6k?

Because its much better looking than a prius lol

Because I shit shit money and I do what I want

ontario here too, had 2 Madza3's back to back and loved them, just got rid of my 2010 and miss her already

Get the GT 2.5L with 6M tranny, fantastic car to drive, and great in the snow with Continental Extreme Winter Contacts.

>girl cars
>brah
Please just fucking off yourself

Buy a POS honda that will get you to 2019. Then buy a Mazda 3 with the standard HCCI Engine.

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=465917657&zip=02138&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=02138&startYear=1981&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&maxPrice=8000&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=MAZDA3&makeCodeList=MAZDA&searchRadius=25&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&maxPrice=8000&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=MAZDA3&makeCodeList=MAZDA&searchRadius=25&makeCode1=MAZDA&modelCode1=MAZDA3

Thoughts?

Too bad Mazda didn't make a performance sedan. I'd be all over that.

I have a 2011 with the 2.5, It's excellent. I had test driven a brand new 2017 one and it was very nice to drive but wasn't for me, It felt way too assisted compared to the 2011 imo, I still prefer driving my weekender but the 2011 is a nice difference compared to it.

Small sedans are gay mate. If you want a performance sedan get a wrx or evo. and when they release the supercharged hcci engine with 200hp we'll see some real performance mods with this car.

When I said sedan, I meant full size. I drive a Commodore currently, so I'd be nice to have more options than just European cars.

>automatic

lol

Mate, commodores are shit. Also what commodore?