/pubgg/ PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS General

waifu edition

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide and general tweaks
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pubg.disquse.ru/
youtube.com/watch?v=IuAtmNt-ifg&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WHY IS IT EVERY TIME I FIND A CAMPER

IT'S A FUCKING GOOK

EVERY FUCKING TIME

They have a naturally limited FoV so they use buildings to limit yours as compensation.

3rd for 3rd in a row squad victory

Wew.

How the fuck do people even tolerate playing this shit game alone? This game is only fun with friends, and impossibly boring and shit solo
I dont know how the hell you anons soloqueue

>people say shotguns are bad now

I don't either. Somehow it's kind of fun. Then again, I have 200 hours of running around by myself in DayZ, so maybe something's wrong with me.

>tfw can't get under 130 ping as NA on NA severs
>Shotguns NEVER register as a result

How do you check your ping?

I use resource monitor.

Which one is the actual current server? There are tons of tslgame.exe in the TCP connections list.

Which is better, Angled or vertical foregrip? Or does it not matter?

I've always assumed it was the highest ping on there, if you wanna check a different way though.

pubg.disquse.ru/

Click list at the bottom there, open command prompt as admin, then type ping -n 50 ping here for a reliable average ping for the IP address.

It'll ping it 50 times which gives you a more reliable readout than just doing the standard 5 or 10 or whatever, and you can just run it on whatever clusters/pings on the list.

Angled grip = less vertical+horizontal recoil
Vertical grip = less horizontal recoil

A: Angled grip BiS

Oh looks like I didn't read as usual. I didn't see the vertical rocil on the angled grip. What's ADS?

I know the devs are kinda reliable but man I wish this game was more stable.

>ADS
Aim Down Sights

Except the vertical grip has a greater effect on horizontal recoil. The angled does a little bit of both, and the vertical does a moderate amount of horizontal recoil. If you have more trouble with side to side recoil and find pulling down easier the vertical will be more helpful.

Aim down sight. When you're looking down the iron sights or through your red dot/scope.

Thanks m8, I don't think the highest ping in the resource monitor list is the server one, my highest there is 117 vs 45 on the .ru list. Not sure what that 117 ping thing is, though, if that's the case.

>Ignoring that angled reduces horizontal recoil less than vertical.

>US-East (Virginia) 41
>US East (Ohio) 30
>US-West (California) 86
>US-West (Oregon) 81
>Canada (Central) 31
Pretty good. Now if only they would increase the server->client tickrate to match the client->server tickrate.

IDK if it's my ISP or something but I have an absolute fucking garbage connection to USE. I don't know if it's routing or whatever, but if I don't get Cali or Oregon when I play the game feels fucking awful.

Name a gun where horizontal recoil is EVER an issue? are you guys retarded?

Unfortunately it seems they want to try literally every single little possible thing they can before increasing actual server load/cost.

the ump kicks up like a motherfucker so any target at >25m you need to constantly compensate for recoil, fire in short bursts or use an angled foregrip

Yes the ump has high VERTICAL recoil, which why I am saying angled foregrip is better in every scenario.

Are you seriously insinuating that guns don't have horizontal recoil? Guns can kick left and they can kick right. But while they always kick up, they never kick down. It's much easier to compensate manually for vertical recoil when you don't have to worry about random kicks to the left or the right, than it is to compensate for a little bit less upwards recoil in conjunction with randomly left or right recoil.

But of course, if you're a complete shitter who can't compensate for recoil at all and is just struggling to bring the gun back to the giant target

Every single time I try to make this exact play the player just teleports to either side of the tree and I'm dead before I even see him. Fuck these servers.

You're more or less right. Games kind of intolerable solo and I don't want to squad/duo with randoms. I play the occasional soloQ game but I usually get dropped by some faggot and then ragequit because hit detection's garbage. Having another person kind of deters that.
I liked DayZ too before they left it in Alpha forever. People I know keep sucking off Bohemia, but the only smart decision they've made on DayZ is selling a million copies of a game that's been in Alpha for like four years.

I'm sure on his screen he shot me 5 times and he was fucking pissed afterwards.

OC region servers are ONLY Sydney based... right? Because I've got 45ms to Sydney, but >200 to everything Asia except Singapore at 150. If OC includes those servers it's no wonder the game often feels kind of delayed.

OC can end up in Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney, Singapore, and Mumbai iirc.

>people say you need to be good to win
youtube.com/watch?v=IuAtmNt-ifg&feature=youtu.be

But then what's the AS region? China alone?

I really hope they incorporate some way to select a specific region, because it feels terrible being on anything but Sydney and is immediately identifiable.

Ye. China gets their own server iirc because Mainland has to have one. I'm assuming most hong kong chinese probably play OCE.

China #1

I wonder if there's some sneaky way to force the game to only connect to a Sydney server.

If there was I'd never leave US-West because playing US-E is fucking aids for me.

going onto the asia servers and using only the revolver is hilarious

earlier that game

This game plays best in solo tb(h)

I've played 90% with friends, but coordinating with silencers and attacks and shit is just impossible as you always have that one goof in your team that's worthless at videogames.

>but coordinating with silencers and attacks and shit is just impossible

I get what you mean, but if you are good enough, making noise etc really shouldn't matter since you can straight up just outgun others in squad games.

> join squat soloq
> get dank loot
> they kill me

i'm still spectating them, what can I do to harm them with maximum efficiency?

I used to think the revolver was a piece of shit but I've fallen in love with the oneshot headshots without armour lately.

micspam constantly

did i mention they are french?
they are french

also they are fucking shit, they already dead

get better friends, i dont even have to hold the leash any more

Yeah I'll trade my childhood friends for some better ones, brb.

Seriously though, playing with bad friends is fucking painful. Get 0 fucking help in firefights

I have a friend who's fucking amazing in firefights, but is absolutely retarded outside of them, and reacts with the same "oh shit" to finding a scar as encountering 4 enemies.

What is the shittiest rifle in the game and why is it the SCAR

I dont get it, the guy is studying to become an engineer and is strategically fucking challenged. If someone shoots at us he will keep on running and loot when they're still after us.

what the fuck

The patch has massively improved perfomance, but now the lobby never loads until I do a manual load.

>tfw your only friends that play PubG are Euro and you're NA
>tfw you both have to accept 140 ping on average to play together
>tfw it makes winning firefights a coin flip

W H Y

Ping barely makes a difference in this game, idk if they fixed it last patch but high ping used to be an advantage

It definitely feels like at the closer range fights (5-15 meters) that a lot of the time things like shotguns and shit are almost RNG based whether or not it registers.

If I play solo's I can fight people at any range and it just comes down to who shoots better, but in groups it's absolutely terrible.

As much as I like pubg I'm getting really bored of the same map over and over

Need variation

They're working on two more maps duder. One is a desert map and the other is a jungle map.

I know. I'm just being an impatient fuck

>only have 4 solo wins pre-reset, all from hiding most of the game, no more than 4 kills a win
>first game post reset, I have an awful cold, ears feel plugged, addled up on cough drops and aspirin
>9 kill solo dinner
I just don't understand

Any released info or screenshots from these new maps?

That got posted by someone from PC gamer on twitter I think at some point. Not certain if it was a PCGamer mock up or a rough draft concept the devs are going off of. Desert map, though.

can someone explain the 4x scope ranging that people were talking about yesterday?

Might buy this game tonight lads, is it worth it or is it as broken as everyone says?

>playing squads with two friends
>Friend 1 drops with 3 squads of afks.
>Friend 1 gets promptly blown in half by a shotgun
>friend 2 and I are looking up, getting ready to head to circle
>Find a dacia and plan to hit compounds at the edge of each circle.
>Approaching first compound which is 75m in from the edge of circle.
>Tell friend 2 we should park and run in because there is sure to be people here and maybe we can surprise them.
>Friend 2 says nope
>He launches the dacia off a hill and it lands upsidedown in the middle of the complex
>Both manage to survive with about 80% go somehow
>Get out and start taking fire immediately
>Down and kill one while friend 2 is getting lit up
>Down the guy that was shooting him and we both retreat to a 2 story barn
>Tell friend 2 to heal up
>Friend 2 "IM GOING TO KILL THAT CRAWLER"
>Me "just wait a second and heal!"
>He's already out the door charging in the direction of the crawler
>I go around so we can pinch anyone that might be going to pick the crawler up
>Don't get in position in time and friend 2 dies killing the crawler
>Kill the guy that kills him and hear the 4th enemy squad member moving in a house.
>Prepare to lob a frag in the window and get pumped in the face
>Friend 2 "gotta admit that launch was sick though"

Squad is suffering sometimes

I think it's fun solo, just you vs the world. No big deal if you die just reque

Worth, but with friends it is so much better.

>"gotta admit that launch was sick though"

>check out bunker
>get shot through the wall

One of those games that's great for the first week and then you realize how many problems it has.

Still good after that first week if you stop playing solo though

>awkward plane trajectory
>have to jump early and glide to get to apartements
>slowly making my way alone in the air
>looks like I'm landing about 200m off
>hear a car as I approach the ground
>UAZ hauling fucking ass to kill me
>car hits me JUST before I touch the ground
>I clip inside it, parachute still out
>the car vibrates violently and gets fucking LAUNCHED
>I'm stuck 3 feet above ground with parachute
>poor fucker literally team-rocket-blasts-off-again
>"user has died from falling"
>I land safely a second later

God I wish I recorded that.

do you lose hp while being revived?

This. If you play nothing but solo it will be extremely frustrating after a short while.

If you squad that shit up with people good at using their mics and calling out in firefights, it's enjoyable enough to overlook the technical issues.

no, if you do lose HP that's because you're outside the blue zone

is lower FPS in high population areas normal?

Got my first win first day playing. Is 7 kills okay for a first win?

Yeah, within your draw distance it's rendering possibly hundreds of new objects and intractables (Doors and shit, along with other players)

>3 kill win
lol shitter

Don't give a shit if I won. I'd take a 0 kill win.

>this triggers the wanna-be "pros". how does it feel to know i'm better than you?

One of my little goals is to get a pacifist win, I also want a 10 kill bomb.

Little victories, keep things interesting

wow fucked up the greentext. my point still stands

>blocking out your name

lol

solo is honestly the best, I only win solo. My friends I play with are retards who run around in the open, shooting anyone on sight, getting into vehicles. Soloq i'm constantly sneaking around like solid snek only taking people out when I have an absolute guarantee kill

>drop pochinki
>see about 14 parachutes assume about 20 people
>rush loot 3 houses
>camp + slow loot about 4 more houses and never see a single person
>forget about the blue and its coming in
>have to run across the open field
>never hear a shot never see a single person

game can be pretty spooky sometimes

I actually love it solo and love it even more with friends.

Why the fuck is water and picket fences impenetrable?

Look at this fag. Look at him, point and laugh.

Never become this fag.

>drop at military warehouses
>no one dropping with me
>no sounds or movement while looting
>suddenly shotgunned in the ass without warning

It can go both ways.

>it can go both ways

wait, as in...like.. a bisexual?

I suppose.

>"shotgunned in the ass without warning"

>have 1070gtx, i7
>settings set to lowest possible
>still 25fps
NICE

got super lucky this game, people just running right into my shotgun, getting a AR suppressor, full level 3, and actually managed to win a game /w good equipment instead of choking as usual

What an objectively extremely unattractive person. Sucks to be that guy.

There you go, this is objectively the best compromise between high fps and quality.
Thank me later.

Not bad.

Your PUBG tag fucking reeks of burritos tho.

>he fell for i7 meme
On my ryzen 1600 and gtx 1060, i have almost everything maxed getting 120 fps, drops to 90 in cities with bombing.

forgot to quote

>Foliage: Low
>mfw

But other than that yeah. AA boosts frames somehow, and so does View Distance. Fucking somehow, even on toasters.

I'd like to keep it on higher but it seems like it's drawing so much shit, so far away that it feels like I'm gimping myself too much

>Foilage: anything other than very low

do you like winning?