/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB51)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?41993

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/c/c2/Flak_SP_Laugh_1.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=_zYwRRCytG0
youtube.com/watch?v=3fcfWwPLR6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i hope nobody bad mouths fernando or ying in this thread

first for, ash is a pretty good flank

How to Viktor ? Post strats, loadouts and tips

Shoot your enemy

I want to Pet Mal damba´s SNEK

All Viktor builds are like 'Grenadier 4 and then whatever'.

Don't use XL Mag.

Hip fire viktor max grenade and melt faces by getting good at headshot tracing.

>go against z1unknown
>he's memestacking as always
>lose but still kill him all game as drogoz (he was vik)
>go against him again
>roll him 4-0
>ruckus on my team played his balls off and i did decent/good
>duo with ruckus
>we go against z1unknown again but this time he's memestacking harder
>be losing 1-3
>somehow we stop the last cap
>score 3 points in a row after that and win
>he gets angry and says he wants to play test maps now

Wow that kid is a fucking scumbag

How many games do i need to lose before the game stops thinking my 2700 elo is actually 4000 elo?

>We nerfed FWOTD and Quest gold gain due to the ability to disenchant cards
>We removed the ability disenchanting the only cards worth disenchanting because players weren't experimenting with other champions
>We wanted to give players another gold sink so made Mastery Skins at a high cost
>We removed 80% of the level rewards for champions because players were receiving to much gold

I feel generally bad for new players at this point, they're just getting fucked in the ass due to the .5% of the population that is sitting on millions of gold and essence. HiRez says they want to do something but then put out patches that act as three steps back. I get they probably want to force people into the founders back but even then the essence cost is absurd, especially now your only reliable gold gain is FWOTD and bonus weekends.

>Play Nando
>Drogoz builds max ultimate regen
>Ults me every 30s

GOOD DESIGN FUCK YOU HI REZ

This game desperately needs to reform its currency system but I'm guessing it will never happen because there's probably no way to do it without either (a) losing potential money or (b) cheating the play base in a manner too brazen even for Hi Rez.

Guess I'll just watch them keep putting bandaids on it and releasing shitty skins until it's a horrific festering mess come OB65 or so.

What's a good Makao build?

>Ash's damage varying from 50k to 100k dependig on how long the match takes
Am i the only one? I don't even play too aggressive.

You tell me, I got swung from 2700 elo to 2000 elo and back to 2700 elo on a whim. Also as an unrelated note don't use the mypaladins site. It tracks test map matches and doesn't tell you what you're supposed to do to get a good grade and doesn't show how much elo you gain and lose per match.

What is your favorite legendary? You can choose between pluck and half shell.

Dead or not, you can tell Hi Rez is starting to move on because they've shifted their priorities over to placating and retaining their current whales rather than attracting and rewarding new players.

They're just gonna continue to throw these hypothetical "new players" under the bus so they can wring whatever's possible out of the people who have already invested in the game.

Pluck is quite fun but I seem to miss with my anchor more than usual lately. Haven't played Makao for a few months now.

Just shoot him, works on my machine :^]

Nice I always love a good underdog story

I've constantly advocated for HiRez to not do things like this. I'm not from the closed beta era but I did start at OB 45 when the biggest complaint was the unbalanced legendary card system and the essense system. If I joined thisgame now instead of before they decided on a whim to gimp my ability to catch up to other players I'd have switched to Overwatch exclusively.

Pluck and Half Shell work, Leviathan is a joke.
You always want Barrier Reef 4 and Salvage 1/2.
For Half Shell get Ancient Resolve 4, for Pluck get Strongarm 4.

This is what the retards at lo-rez think is a balanced match worth playing

Let that sink in for a second

It was on Brightmarsh, he just hangs out above the point and ults in from a random doorway. No way to see it coming.

On burn cards always buy Resilience if they got any form of debuff. You'll be happy that you did when all their stuns in attempt to stop your ult only tickle you.

>Power of the Abyss wasn't nerfed

So, what about
>Barrier Reef 4/Strongarm 4/Salvage 1/Spring tide 2/Surf 1

>the group with two parties has massively more elo than the party with only solo que people

Steal Thiel's.

They're just going to keep screwing the playerbase like this because they get away with it easily. OB44 was a huge shitshow, then they made some tiny changes to it that didn't fix a damn thing and received a ton of praise for it. The majority of the vocal playerbase have shown that they're fine with Hi-Rez taking 4 steps back as long as they take one step forwards afterwards. I'm certain they're going to take another 1 step forward soon and be praised endlessly for it and then you can guarantee they'll start screwing with the players a few patches after that.

Anchor cdr on max, +1 ammo when hooking someone, heal on spin and dmg reduction when hooking, one card of free choice.

Considering 3k is like .001% of the playerbase, that's probably not bad matchmaking. I've seen worse. The issue is your carry player was on ash while theirs was on bk.

calm down there Arkrael

They're very consistent about it, overall the game gets these solid updates but the new player experience is just odd. I've been playing on a second account made a while ago to practice things I'm bad at/don't want to sit in Q for 5-10 minutes and I think I have announce essence for like two legendaries right now after buying only I think two loadouts so far. I'm not putting money into chests due to wanting to unlock champions first so the essence grind is incredibly slow.

Wouldn't even be that bad if you didn't get cards out of chests for champions you don't own, so its pretty much a worthless draw until you decide to play that champion, can't even disenchant it for anything of value since lolcanthavethat. Its just weird.

I started this game sometime in CB and played enough to have all the cards unlocked moving into OB, after the legendary patch hit I had to grind hard for like two weeks to get everything else unlocked. Half the reason I even started this game and liked it enough to buy the founders pack was because of how accessible it was, "Oh I can grind to player level 30 and have all the gameplay content unlocked? Great!"

Currently my account is in the mid 70s range and I have enough essence to cover the next champion release and thats it. Insane. While 80% of the cards are shit and have no value that could change on the drop of a patch, imagine saving for weeks depending on how much you play to get a legendary to get it nerfed into the ground (fortify for barik for example). I'd be fucking furious.

What pisses me off was that they reverted some of those changes the very next patch and didn't even put them in the patch notes (Fwotd and quest gold reduction). GEE I WONDER WHY.

They just need to copy HotS 2.0 lootbox system. Just remove the essence system and let us buy cards with gold again. Also, give us daily quests instead of weekly, that will actually make people play daily and not just login for daily reward and only actually play once a month.

I signed in yesterday just for my daily bonus then got off and holy shit that pip skin is so bad. Easily one of the ugliest skins in the game. Are the rest of them that bad

Nah, there are plenty of better ones.

hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/c/c2/Flak_SP_Laugh_1.ogg
A LITERAL PIG

Barik stone cut skin is a must have, the art team really blew out of the park with that one :^)

What sucks is that it's just a recolor too, there isn't a single new model detail on it.

Yeah, that seems pretty blatant. They just took the Viking Pip outfit and gave his fur a new texture.

>getting POTG as Maccoa for a triple kill on the point

ayy

Hey guys guess what

I got matched against another 3700/3400 elo duo

I am having so much fun with this game haha

Paladins is great and you noobs need to realise it

First of all, The game is FREE you may complain about the founder's pack but HOW ELSE ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE MONEY. UNLESS YOU WANT THEM TO MAKE IT A $10 GAME. 2nd Don't complain about the gold they give us new stuff then take away things we can't be gave the EASY FREE GAMING LIFE if you want that go make your own game 3rd Paladins has a good community I and I can vouch for others that we enjoy the game. 4th They give you notices update you on almost EVERYTHING and tell you whats going to happen. If you're still shocked at whats happening, so what?

>Just remove the essence system and let us buy cards with gold again.

Definitely. A reasonable system would be one where you have your premium currency (crystals) that costs real world bux and your standard currency (gold) that is mostly acquired through grinding.

By splitting the latter category in two, they're actively creating the problem where veteran players don't have enough shit to spend their bottomless hoards on, and new players can barely afford anything at all. Any attempt to fix one further screws up the other, and here we are today. F2P games have had this shit figured out for years, I don't understand how Hi Rez managed to fuck it up so dramatically.

I might download Dirty Bomb again desu. Are the people left only veterans and autists with 6 million hours or is the level average ?

>muuh gold sink
They are retarded for listening to some fags complaining about having too much on a beta game.

Can't tell if satire or if you're another whale who puts their ego in their games and wallet.

And it's only gonna keep getting worse and worse for new players. With the amount of champions they're dishing out, chances they'll get any duplicates drop, which is the only real way to get essence. They get enough to start for a couple of decent builds, but anything after that is just plain unreasonable. It's like they have absolutely no vision about the long-term effects of changes.

ELO wise who are the best players from palgay

I am I am

I'm a good tank.

oniikun, ponkan8

Can someone tell me what the best way to earn gold/essence as a new player?

Pray.

If they really want a second non-premium currency they should just make sure it only affects cosmetics. Like I mentioned before, using the HotS 2.0 system we get shard/whatever to craft skins/voice packs/sprays/underwear. They can put all their low effort skins in this chest and sell the high effort skins as crystals only or make it cost a huge amount of "shards".

Need gold sink? let people reroll chest for gold. Maybe still let us buy chest with gold too? sure, why not.

This way, people can grind for skins or buy the skins. Whales can buy, poorfags can grind. HiRez gets their increased playerbase and whale money. win win.

Pretty much, its stupid as shit.

Just increase the gold per game by 50% at least, this way you can autistic grind and not have it feel like a waste of time and suddenly the boosters don't look like a complete waste of crystals. Win/Win. They can get away with favor being barely given out in smite since you can get a one sunk cost and you have everything unlocked, the fact you're pretty much forced into the founders pack AND still need to grind 400 hours to get everything is just absurd.

Play lots of champs to 6. Play lots more. Or buy the founders pack to save 40 hours of gold grind and use all that on radiants. It's dumb, but free so whatever I suppose. Miles better than LoL

Find a way to travel back in time and create an account before OB44 went live.

It's a delicious new kind of pasta. It's popped up before.

Just play the game and not focus on maining anyone. After you get the hang of everything you can then choose a "main"(preferrably you have a "main" for each role). By this time, you should have enough gold/essence to make a deck for a few champs.

Or, you can buy the Founder's pack so you don't have to spend gold on unlocking champs.

>Get a quad kill on a 3-3 99-99 fight to win the game
>A Torvald used his ult in the first round and got a kill
>That's the POTG

>>muuh gold sink
No.
All of the exclusive common skins, gold cards, MVP poses, and emotes, were locked behind the Radiant Chest, which was only purchasable with crystals pre-OB44.
Allowing us to buy Radiant Chests with gold was a good idea. It might not have been the best idea, but if there's one thing I know I don't want, it's going back to those days of never getting any of those low-tier rewards because no one in their right mind would spend crystals on a chest where you can get duplicates of items you can buy with a free currency.
Adding Essence meant they could let us buy Radiant Chests with gold, which was something the community had been asking for for months and months. Anyone that was playing between OB40 and OB44 will remember that.

It was never about creating a gold sink, it was always about giving us better access to MVP poses, emotes, and gold cards.

>Takes ten years to disarm a bomb
>P2w grenade launcher bitch
>Press Q to call in airstrike and get guaranteed triple kill guy

Thanks alot Google, once again you can't keep me informed about obscure internet culture phenomena.

I agree that giving us better access to them is good, but it has a negative effect on how players obtain cards now. They should just make cards purchasable with gold and keep the cosmetics in chest and still make them buyable with gold.

The thing is, they NEED to add more variety of cosmetics in their chests. And I think doing the same thing as HotS 2.0 lootboxes should do the trick.

The essence sistem came as a gold sink, yeah, radiant chest costing gold were a good change, but i ain't talking about them.

There are not enough color swaps, pattern skins and color swaps of said rare skins. This would help with the gold sink and would be preferable to waiting months on end for a Barik palette swap.

First: DON'T SPEND WHAT YOU EARN. HOLD ONTO IT WHENEVER YOU CAN.

Prioritize the act of leveling up. This will involve routinely shifting your focus to lower-level champions rather than continuing to grind higher-level ones. Get all your default characters to rank 6-8 before buying new ones; start with the ones that only cost 4000 gold. Explore unlocking champions for free (you can do it with Ying, maybe others).

Try to play in a party whenever you can.

Always do your quests. Reroll quests you can't/won't do.

Ultimately, buy a 7-day booster. This will cost you crystals, but you can get enough to afford the booster for free within a month.

Log in every day the booster is active. Win three games every day the booster active.

On the seventh day of the booster, liquidate all your gold. Buy radiant chests and open all of them the same day.

This is probably as efficient as you can get without spending money.

with the new character select screen, they can add variations of pedestals and maybe they can add more titles that can be crafted too. Heck they can even make chests drop crystals in very small amounts(like 1-5).

There are a lot of possibilities that could be interesting for players and still attract whales for them.

Well, hopefully now that there's more angles they can work for crystals, they can ease up a bit on gutting player rewards.

>queue up
>get matched against an autistic kinessa main who never misses
>queue up again an hour later
>get matched with the same kinessa main on a different account
>he even has the exact same skins and everything

at this point I feel like the game is making fun of me

"Hey fellow matchmaking bots let's screw with this guy and make him play with/against a pro tier sniper to ruin his sense of agency."

To be fair, that's exactly the kind of thing I'd do for a laugh if I were a matchmaking bot.

>be Willo
>Androxus comes from behind
>start losing the duel
>our Seris comes and instead of healing me she tries to kill the Andro
>he finishes me and then kills Seris

Holy fuck why is it always Seris doing this shit

Seris isn't even good as dps compared to other supports like Pip and Grohk. Why pick a hero that is mainly self sustain and healing for damage when she has a slow easily spotted projectile?

How do we fix the piece of shit that is Grover? Is by far the worst healer

Give him a healing legendary that isn't hot garbo like Rampant Blooming is. Pip would be a terrible healer too if he didn't have Mega Potion.

Bring back the real Grover youtube.com/watch?v=_zYwRRCytG0

I don't get it either, why pick THE healslut champ if you hate doing it

>Ruckus is the most fun hero
>Ruckus is the ugliest hero

How do I go on living in such a cruel, unfeeling world?

true beauty is on the inside user

buy the starslayer outfit

No, user. Inside there is a skeleton.

u telling me skeletons aren't pretty

But inside that skeleton is the brains of a person. You're inside the skeleton 2.

MAN, COME ON, i have a weak heart, give a warning next time.

But user, why would I spend $8 to get a skin that is even uglier than the default?

If I could have a pink mech, it might just okay. But this is not a world where things are okay.

Except butts, I guess. Butts are alright. Maybe if they put a big ol' butt on the mech.

Thanks for giving me a boner

>diamond tyra with aimbot
Is Lo-Rez even banning cheaters?

>being able to tell aimbots apart with the shitty fucking replays

he might just be able to Aim™

would this work?

actual aimbot or just "this guy's aim is so good I refuse to believe he's not cheating" aimbot?

They only ban people if a streamer reports them (even if they aren't cheating) or if you go through the effort to make a video like this youtube.com/watch?v=3fcfWwPLR6Y

Guy was able to hit me from across the map with all his bullets while firing full-auto. And Tyra isn't capable of such a thing.

I reported several obvious aimbotters a few weeks ago and they're still actively aimbotting.

not really
not like there's even any point in doing it since they can just make a new account and keep going

is skill ))))))