/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Notice
A recent banwave targeted 3DS systems with custom firmware. pastebin.com/7RvW7y2i

>News
Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.
XX Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v3: my.mixtape.moe/uixtrs.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9eacwyS-Mds
nhentai.net/g/42825/,
youtube.com/watch?v=5kWMkwGUono
youtube.com/watch?v=mrS9eESUuJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mfw just realized that Athena's ASS has crossover functionality with Ping's Dex

>Wake up
>STILL not banned
>Yet
COME AT ME NINTENDO! IF YOU WANT TO BAN ME JUST BAN ME ALREADY!

It's not happening. They only banned people that don't love the game. If your love is pure you can play forever.

/ss/ with mama rathian!

T/A, Time Attack.

I'm tagging this is a T/A despite not actually being a speedrun as I'm recording it in the same fashion as my T/A runs.

At least I can finally say that Delicious White Livers is no longer the quest that took me the longest to complete in MHGen. I haven't come this close to timing out on a quest since solo Alatreon in MH3U 3DS.

It's difficult to say "I'll go back and do it better next time, without carting!", since this is a forty+ minute slog, and it's hard to get motivated to turn a forty five minute hunt into a forty one minute hunt.

The full pic is kinda underwhelming.

Had to start the thread with something.

monsterfuckers begone

Something a bit more tasteful.

What's his name again?

Are you proud of me, mhg?

nice one grandpa!

Gaijin "Hammer Triple Pounding Expert " Hunter

Yes.

Gaijin" terror of the gook wife" Hunter

Gaijin" the one fist impact phial" Hunter

Gaijin "If she ain't bendin', you're just pretendin'" Hunter.

Gaijin "Right hook is my bread and butter" Horner

Source

Gaijin "Putting the 'Her' in Striker" Hunter

HA HA
TIME FOR HELPI-

o-oh wait...the hunt is already over? B-but I didn't get to shake my barrel...

Silly Glav-sama you're a monster

aubergine style when?

A random drawfag from Veeky Forums.

Only good one so far.

Sleep to cast fireballs and gain hyperarmor!

Alright, considering they probably won't be that easy to find the full images again, here's the two images out of pity.

It's a shitty drawing anyway.

Well user wanted the full thing, so there it is.

Yes and I am here commenting on it.

Cool, you got what you requested then.

I did not request it.

But without a source, posting the two images regardless of their quality is the best I can do.

Ok.

Is Element LBG a meme or should I use it? I've been using a normal-focused LBG set and it's working pretty well for me, but I just finished my water LBG set and it looks pretty good. My main problem with element LBG is there's only 8 item presets so switching ammo for each set can be a pain unless you exclusively use bowguns

You're fine with internal ammo only in gen

>Is Element LBG a meme?
Considering that Element LBG made up ~60% of LBG T/A in MHGen? No, it's not a meme.
>My water LBG set looks pretty good
Looks pretty mediocre. [Element]+2, Bonus Shot, Load Up and TrueShot Up are your core for P.Element Lv 2. Swap Bonus Shot for Ammo Saver or Element Attack Up if you're not using RF.
>Switching ammo for each set can be a pain
It's literally just Internal Ammo 90% of the time, plus swapping out whatever your meat and potato shot happens to be. It should take you like three seconds at the start of each hunt.

Gaijin "Clashing Fists" Hunter

Whee is Charlotte's hunting room??

either he got banned or he's busy with something like finals

What is the ideal set of skills for a plain ol' Guild Greatsword?

Crit Draw and Focus, go for the Black S set or Grimclaw if you have a godly focus charm

Thanks

Do you guys think Capcom will localize Double Cross for the 3DS. Here's hoping for an E3 announcement. If not, then I'll finally have to move on from 4U and download the english patach por XX.

It makes sense that they would, so they probably won't

I think so too. They'll most likely focus on the Switch version and call it a day.

Do mhg even play the game?

I'm playing XX right now.
That new Lagi event is pretty shit and the Fatalis event is only good for money.

/mhg/ only plays for the first month after release then everything gets done and there's nothing left to do but shitpost.

I picked up a new weapon to breath life again into the piece of shit mhxx is.

its working.

Once MH5 gets announced for PS4, I'm skipping XX.

I'm playing F1 and 3U

What's with the Sony fanboy's delusion about this? MH is staying on Nintendo consoles at this point, its quite obvious.

A man can dream.

If you going to dream, i rather have the game on PC instead, not on console garbage

I think I'll do this too. Haven't used GS since 4U and it's about time again. Also, I realize I have no idea how to fight glavenus without adept/brave, so practicing that fight will give me something to do.

Now this is true delusion

Not sure why you think a dream has to be pure fantasy.

I'm playing both 4U and Gen.

Wow you blacklisted the thread now there's nobody to bump it

Yeah, rip.

i'm playing MHFG

Anybody own a regular new 3DS? I have a new XL but that shit is not pocketable. Is the smaller one that much better at being portable?

I'm playing 3 ultimate on my PiiU in between hunts on Gen.

What are you on about? I can carry my N3dsXL in most of my jean pockets, unless I go for slim-fit.

What, I wear normal sized pants and have no problem pocketing my n3DSxl. Are you wearing tight pants all the time or are you a midget?

It fits but it does not look right or feel comfortable when walking

6' and I lift. Also ran track for years so I've got decent legs

Did you find any good games for it outside of Bayo 2 and 3U? I'm thinking of getting the latest Zelda but I've realized that most actual Nintendo titles are cookie-cutters as fuck despite the high production values and raving fanbase hyping them.

the new zelda is good though, it's a great exploration game. one of the best.

dont expect a riveting story or gameplay though.

Oh, a normalfag. Disgusting.

I'd understand that for football or something but track is the nerdiest sport and filled with weebs

>track is the nerdiest sport
Pretty sure chess is nerdier

>chess
>sport

This. Still needs some form of fitness to be a sport

>Athletics elitism

I really only play it for the Zelda Remasters and Monster Hunter. Outside of those, only games I can think of with a lot of replay-ability are Bayo 2, Wonderful 101, Sm4sh, Pokken, Pikmin 3, and some Virtual Console titles.

Open world games are boring garbage.
>dont expect a riveting story or gameplay
Pretty much.

>all of that except Bayo2
ew

Eh, different strokes.
Ah, I get what you're saying. Yeah, the regular n3ds is a lot more portable. Downside is that your trading the larger version (that's not as bad on your hands) for portability.
Carpal Tunnel could be a serious issue down the road if you play a lot. You could buy an ergonomic grip for it, but that wouldn't make sense because you'd lose the portability again.

>all these fat fucks in this general

I want to play an open world Monster Hunter with current gen graphics exclusive for PS4 with a Pro upgrade.

I want to mating press Miss Cat!

Thank you. Yeah I'm going to get a regular one then just for commuting

youtu.be/9eacwyS-Mds

Why is it silent did my laptop break again?

Aw shit that's my jam

listen to the whole thing

>kirito
>Pardon...
What did he mean by this?

>tfw BTFO'ing khezu with hammer

Huh?

After reading this, nhentai.net/g/42825/, I really want to get into monster hunter. Where should I start?

Buying a noose

>tfw only come to /mhg/ to complain about how much I hate randoms

I wish you guys still played 4U, though if I played with you guys I wouldn't have shitposting material.

>ShindoL
P3rd can be emulated on PC, is the easiest MH game, and has Gigginox so it seems right up your alley. It is nothing like that doujin tho. Sorry to ruin your fetish dreams.

If you're being serious, 4U

Sorry dude, my copy of 4U got stolen and I just can't bring myself to play after having lost 1600+ hours.

youtube.com/watch?v=5kWMkwGUono
>kirin's theme was removed after dos

youtube.com/watch?v=mrS9eESUuJ0
>gravios' theme was removed after dos

Didn't even click that but 4U, always 4U.

I only have like 300 hours, wish I did a lot more. Got to gold crown so there's that, but I was playing MHXX and then booting up 4U to remember the good times and holy shit do I wish I could go back and play it again with everyone.

4U deserved a Switch port.