Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p5APYAA_0Ac
youtu.be/p5APYAA_0Ac?t=10718
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>that old chevy
cute!
CUTE!

I've waited all year for this. The Galaxy that's reaching is sexual

I've never seen this kind of thing on tv.
more interesting than expected.
>tfw I'm not living in Murica
It is the best country for petrol heads

Update from datl24 and his 80s civic: he's so far ran a 23.33 seconds as a best e/t, he's got the slowest drag week time, and he's racing in about an hour.

freiburger i'm keking

>try to drive all the way to Alaska in a ranchero
>fail the first time make it the second try
>drop your fuckin wedding ring in a lake

I'm impressed

>50 years later and Americans are STILL entertained by stomping the gas pedal in a straight line
Do you guys never ache for more?

Yeah
So we do it even faster

All we ever need are empty parking lots to do burnouts in and drag strips to go fast on

can we address the civic that ran a 23.5 at 53? V-tec power man

That dude is an Veeky Forumstist I was referring too here

I'm really glad he made it there in one piece.

Me to. When was the run? Trying to watch it on the stream

if I can get my buick fixed i'll make it there and run even slower

Currently my truck and his Civic are about .2 seconds off on the e/t. If he comes through Denver, we'll do a heads up street race.

1:02:00

hahahaha let me know if you guys come through indy

You are a scholar and a gentlemen.

I'm in Denver, he'll post in this thread later though to keep you updated

I'm seriously considering doing this next year.
I've got a red swb last gen S10 that I've recently been burdened with. I'll be putting either a 5.3 or a 6.0 in it, and removing about all of the body panels.

In cubic inches please this is 'murica

>Detroit used metrics for their engine labels since the 80s or so
>some people still only comprehend cubic inches
Are you just stubborn, or actually challenged?

327ish or 360ish

2017 and Europeans STILL have fucked-up teeth. Do you guys even dentist or do you ache for dentures from a young age.

Some engines were advertised in metric since at least the 70's.

That'd be 325 or 364.

Yeah whatever, which one should I use?
I feel the 5.3 is a way more common swap engine, so it may be cheaper.
But 6.0 is biggarrrr

Depends, do you want to run naturally aspirated, turbo, nitrous, blower? A better idea of to look at the class rules, and build your car to that specification

I'm not made of money, so either stock, or ebay turbo kit.
I guess I should look at the rules, but I'm really in the idea stage of it. Not sure exactly what I want to do with it.
Not sure even what the truck currently is, but I believe I saw somewhere that the 4.3 and the 5.3 had the same bell housing pattern, and it should bolt on to the 4l60e in it. So I'm hoping that it's an auto v6 s10

Get what you deserve, get the 6.0.

Honestly though, if you're keeping it stock the 6.0 is what you want, more power and tq, and will respond better to mods (if you decide to in the future.)

Just the way i was raised

Well if you're building a drag car there's a lot to consider. If you plan on doing a cam, headers, valves and a tune you night BTFO the stock 4l60. Keep that in mind when speccing out parts.

Oh yeah, I'm on 4l60e #4, and this one's on its second set of guts. Looking now for a 4l80e, this 60 isn't done yet, but it's just a matter of time. He's going to have to upgrade the rear for that matter as well if he uses any kind of sticky tires, then he's gonna want/need a suspension, etc. I just figured he already knew all that.

Okay, I did a ton more research. The 4.3 uses the older v8 bolt pattern. So a 350 would bolt up, ect.
It is easy to modify it to fit a gen3 v8 though.
But apparently the 4.3 auto can't hold up to a v8 anyway, weaker internals.
So I'd be likely doing a whole engine and trans swap regardless.

This is all auto though. I have not completely ruled out manual. There's no way I can afford a t56, but surely they made more affordable manuals in trucks and stuff.

Thought that might be the case but didn't know for sure so didn't say anything. Well that's good in a way, you get to eliminate a weak point from the start instead of waiting for it to break. You also get to choose what you want, there are adapters made for bolting the gen3 up to anything, auto or manual.

You could do a 4 speed, but you're better off thing with an auto. 4l80 is a great trans. Heavy, but stout. The other option would be a th400 with a gear vendors but gear vendors units are fucking pricey.

Other picture from datl24

I think I may go by route of light as possible, may just end up with a built 4l60e. I'm basically going to be stripping it down to cab and frame, and going full scaffolding, as the entire body is ruined.
Hard to nail down a game plan this early though.

Not a bad idea for the body, but do your research on the transmission and what you can do for a rear end. In certain classes they limit what you can do with rear suspension.

youtube.com/watch?v=p5APYAA_0Ac

Day 2. Some audio issues with commentary.

>geo tracker drag car
>gasser doing a fucking insane wheel stand
woah
also what's happening with out Veeky Forumstist in the civic?

>straight line racing
congratulations to the mechanics involved i guess.

they arent even really racing its basically time attack where et is all that matters

but yeah Drag Week is really a engineers race

watch no prep racing if you want some more exciting racing where you have 1000s of hp on a shitty surface

According to our last message, homie is having a tad bit of carb issue, but he's running consistent 24.35 second quarters. So far he's on track to have the slowest average of all drag week history

for people interested in /ourguy/

youtu.be/p5APYAA_0Ac?t=10718

Friendly update from datl24
>"Sploosh"

Bump?

>So far he's on track to have the slowest average of all drag week history
That's fucking hilarious. What are the chances Civicbro gets a mention from Beardy or Ballcap?

They love it so far. As for beardy, he's out of the race. Dropped a valve and he deletd a piston and cylinder in that fancy as 540 aluminum hemi

Shit, neat for the first half, sucks for the last half.

Hey civic user if you're reading this, if they approach you with a camera, you better tell them that you haven't done anything to your car other than a few simple mods so we can all giggle like manchildren.

I thought his Chevy had a 427 iron hemi, or is a different car?

No that's a different car. Finnegan has a 55 with a 540 hemi that was aluminum and had hillborn injection, but not sure if it was supercharged for this iteration.

I'll send a screenshot too him.

Bump

>backing over /our guy/'s civic in a truck

no

Glorious

The bants are excellent

Does the civic guy even have a cage, or need one?
Hell he could probably go down the track in a hat and aviators and no one would care

No cage needed, not even a helmet. I wonder if they waved the drag slick rule for him though

you dont need anything chassis related unless you run faster than 11.50

dont need a helmet unless you run faster than 14.00

cool to see a car that makes my old 18 second Toyota seem fast tho

He should like unbolt a seat or something to lighten it
Or just take off the hood, the doors, the seats, the bumpers... Aero don't matter when it's that slow

I don't think you can run without a hood.

And if he takes a seat out, then he has to put it back in at the end of the day. Either way, it's going to be slow as fuck.

He was saying something to me earlier about maybe getting a b18a for super cheap from the other Civic guy, and swapping that with a gsr trans. Would make for a really fun, fairly quick little car.

Why not get something competitive for the sport?
I mean, fwd Is nice and all I guess, but it's really niche.

shame the 11 second 2nd gen isnt there

B16A iirc

meh there are 7 and 8 second fwd Civics these days

Fwd drags are huge in America. The Civic has been a competitive car for a long time. He'd mostly do it for fun and drivability though

I've literally only seen Iike 8, and I watch a lot of drags on YouTube

SFWD is popular as fuck

Look up import Nationals and import faceoff. There's some incredible Hondas and vws out there that are just mental.

It takes a lot more to get an all motor Honda to the 10s than a typical us fare. Not that it means anything or is inherently better in any way, but it's pretty fun to watch. The launch is just insanely violent