Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1384470
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that the concurrent player count for SFV on Steam is inflated.

Be honest; You want SFV to succeed, don't you?

>sfv is inflated
>my shit game numbers arent

this is some libtard sjw level logic

I want every fighting game except Guilty Gear to succeed

Post tekken ass

i just want dj

What will sfv streamboars say about this?

I want him back lads

>>This Claudio ai in the sory mode is beating my ass.

Send help

So, after Tekken 7's story can we undoubtedly say that Heihachi did nothing wrong?

Do I get Eliza if I buy the Deluxe edition?

I don't even like Tekken. I don't think there has ever been a good Tekken game.

It's just a number comparison showing Tekken eclipsed SFV's all time high ya virus.

That your chosen font is terrible

Also every video game has large numbers for the first week or two.

MAx finished streaming

check again

holy shit tekken is the biggest fighting game on pc now. cool. it might be true that it actually saved fighting games. you guys having fun online? thats the main thing i would use if i buy it.

If the inflation scales

she's preorder/day1 dlc, so not necessarily
check with the shop you're getting it from

hahaha

Why does he wear the mask?

tekken 7 is bad. argue with me

Steam.

online seems fine on pc but fucked on ps4

>That your chosen font is terrible
Segoe print is litrally the best font ever.

Am I a scrub if I don't buy a fight stick?

goddamn....it's over for SFV. They'll never be able to recover...

it's slow and floaty with awkward looking movements

doubt it then
you can get her for like 5 bucks in a month

How the fuck is ps4 solid" when it is worse than xb1?
No wonder harada accepted the sony bribe when he knew pos4 would be a burning pile of poop.

several top players and at least 2 evo champs play on pad

Hey don't be rough on them, it's not like you pay for it AH NO WAIT.

Consolecucks btfo once again

You're one step away from comic sans in italics.

>don't remember the last time I played any Tekken game
>select main with random select in training
>Nina
>everyone said she's super hard to learn

So how fucked I am?

Not surprised.

PC gaming is strong in Europe and guess which fighting game franchie is king over there?

Play Jin Kazama from The King of Iron Fist Tournament 7 (Seven)

Will she not be included for season pass owners then? I can't get her for free if I buy the game today?

Am I blind or can you not select Ninas leather outfit she wears in the story?

stop blogging kid

Play Miguel

Can anyone post the tekken copypasta? Thanks

Current live standings

It's unbelievable how much difference one step makes.

well she was a preorder bonus and she's no longer displayed on the steam page
you could ask one of the retailers if the keys they sell still include her

Fuck it, I typed it up already.

I don't know about Smash, but the FGC commentator situation really needs to be changed. Think of any event, you'll either have two options; an "established" commentator is doing the event (such as UltraDavid, Sajam, Chen, Tasty Steve, Logan, etc) or a random player is doing the event.

As soon as the second one happens, the TO has fucked up. To be good at commentary, you have to have serious knowledge about the game. But just because you have knowledge, doesn't mean that you're able to commentate. Most people who play these games are poor at describing what's going on in the game in a quick, accurate manner. When this kind of commentator is on, the viewers will drop because this is just the TO being lazy or a cheap fuck.

Those "established" commentators are not perfect either. They rely on repeating the same tired phrases again and again and unless it's top 8, they put very little effort into their work. Is this really a surprise though?

Events need to pay more (UltraDavid for example gets paid very little for his Evo work) because right now there's no motivation for people to become good at commentating. They'll get their flights, hotel fees and such paid for and some spending money but they can't make any serious money from it. If the commentator dares to ask for more money, then the Event will do what I mentioned earlier and ask a player to commentate (which many are willing to do for free). It shows that a TO does not care for anything but money when they do this, the stream quality is going to suffer to a ridiculous degree because they are not willing to pay good people to commentate.

While a union boycotting an event sounds dumb as fuck, it might force TO to pay the commentators for the job they're doing which should help create better commentators because they can start to take this shit more seriously. It's dumb as fuck that commentators went to Evo last year and ended up LOSING money for doing the event.

20-0d by my friend even though we started playing at the same time today

im giving up

True, though I suppose it's probably based on when you activated the game in your account.

TELL ME 1 (ONE) BAD THING ABOUT TEKKEN 7
please im broke and gotta convince myself that I dont NEED IT

Because he'd look just as crazy with it off.

Most fighting games are. No argument.

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1384470

Well, damn

nobody really complained when random people used to commentate events a few years ago

fuck this esports jive shite desu

Some people just have the fighting game gene. You don't.

highwaystar plays it

You know that Boxing Kangaroo?

its not in the game

People have complained for years at every single event when some random does commentary.

Play whoever you want to play.

You'll regret it. Go ahead and buy it. 1 or 2 weeks from now you'll see how people really see the game.

No bowling

why do people always use dpad on gamepad?

I just tried playing xrd with my cheap gamesir and the dpad felt like shit but I could easily do everything with the analog stick like IAD etc. Very comfy, fast and I could hit all 9 inputs easily

d/f+4_d/f+4

what does the _ mean? tekken zaibatsu says ( _ ) means "or", but this is the same down forward+4 input twice.

nah thats not true, random players regularly talk out of their ass and spew misinformation. Thats when they aren't mumbling through the match and making inside jokes with their co-commentators or checking their fucking phone.

It's fucking shit like every single Tekken game. People just hate SFV so they jump on the second most popular game. It's shit, don't get fooled

What's the current Tekken Power Rankings after T7's story?

Devil Jin
Akuma
Devil Kazuya
Full Powered Heihachi

POWER GAP

Kazuya
Normal Heihachi
Paul Phoenix
Devil Kazumi
Orge (both forms)
Jin Kazama

POWER GAP

Kazumi
Violet/Lee
Lars
Nina
Claudio

POWER GAP

The Rest

yeah and that's not a problem if the audience isn't a bunch of underage twitch kids used to 3serious2u esports commentary

>fuck this esports jive shite desu
This has been happening for years and people have been complaining about it since then.

I don't I use the analog stick which is why I'm stuck with xbox-style asymmetric layout pads. A shame since Sony only makes symmetrical layout pads.

Marshall Law is the best Tekken character kill yourself

You got mental issues. Go play games already or go outside and sunbath.
t. someone taking a food break from tekken 7

8 Frames of input lag
Rushdown only
Very little features
Delay netcode
Pre-order only character

>round up .2
did you not pay attention in grade school

every post i make is RNG manip for evo 2023

TEKKEN BOWL CONFIRMED!

There's no such thing as a fraction of a frame retard. You always round up.

>bowl instead of ball
This is worse than no team battle mode.

Wetness overload

King of Fighters?

Why do people circle jerk footsies so much?

those numbers are averages, you never get 7.2f all the time

Mokujin > Kuma > Miguel > Paul > the rest

>tfw have character crisis before even picking anyone
>spend weeks just trying to find someone i like
>this happens with every game

Reminder Tekken is the ONLY fighting game series that survives for years online without post launch support.

Tekken 7 won't be any different, especially now that it will indeed have support.

>it'll be paid DLC

>No online co-op Tekken Force mode

Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, KoF and MK/Injustice have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.

>PC T7 has lower input delay compared to PS4
Can't wait for PCucks to get owned when they attempt to play on PS4 at tournaments.

no Tag mode

It says Europe, not China or Mexico

>8 fRaMeS oF iNpUt LaG
>dElAy NeTcOdE iN 2017
and the same old rehashed tekken gameplay. tekken is braindead as fuck. i guarantee you you'll get sick of it in a week unless you are extremely autistic and love frame data/juggles.

You don't notice such a low difference

tekken never survives more than a few month online

Which fighting games have the best romances?

Which means on average your input is going to register 8 frames after you press it.

Judging by best case scenario is fucking stupid in this situation.

I promised I would never give ASW money again...

I lost guys... It's over...

I don't understand why there is no tutorial or trials/challenges at least

nice month old black twitter meme dude did you get it from discord

T5, T6 and TTT2 disagree...

T7 PC HAS A HIGHER PEAK PLAYER COUNT THAN SFV

You worded that wrong. The correct variation would be:
>PS4 has more input delay than xb1 which in return has more than pc

if every twitch streamer was like aris, videogames as a hobby would improve dramatically