/twg/ - Total War General

Ice Queen of Never Ever Land Edition

Articles on Warhammer 2 just dropped en masse:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
gamereactor.eu/previews/540443/Total War Warhammer II - Lizardmen Hands-on/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y (embed)

Lizardmen Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg (embed)

Introducing: Temple Guard:
youtube.com/watch?v=PI2d3r5fhA8 (embed)

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A (embed)
youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
youtu.be/ShrgPHWTQ-A?t=308
youtube.com/watch?v=ShrgPHWTQ-A
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/total-war-warhammer-ii-designer-promises-war-across-four-continents/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

News, for the five Anons that might not have seen them.

BEHOLD TRUE POWER

>And the Southlands have ten different factions fighting over it.

Can we have guesses at the factions? Skaven, the lost Dwarf hold, wild Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Araby, (anyone else?)

is there anyone here that doesnt play exclusively warhammer?
Rome and Attila pls

Is anyone else more excited for what Warhammer 3 is expected to contain? I want my fully fleshed out daemons of Chaos.

>"The High Elves have a couple of tricks up their overly-flamboyant sleeves, particularly when it comes to foreign politics. As a general rule, once they begin trading with another faction, they gain line of sight of everything under its control. This is information that's only usually shared between allies.

>They also have a unique currency to think about called influence. This is generated by agents on the campaign map or by solving political dilemmas that crop up from time to time. It can then be spent to alter the relationships between different factions from afar. Are the Dark Elves and the Lizardmen getting a bit too cosy? You can do something about that."

>tfw you can actually be perfidious Ulthuan

Probably a few beastmen hordes will get dumped around Lustria and Niggaroth.

All Kemmler needs is a glass of warm milk and his oldest friend.

I am doing both an Greenskin campaign and a DEI Armenia campaign right now. I should probably continue my FOTS campaign too.

Skaven, lost Dwarf, wild Lizardmen, Vampires of Sand, Vampire Kangz, Vampires of desert, Vampires of south, Vampire expedition, Araby, Pygmies

The Empire has a colony there.

There's probably Savage Orcs.

Maybe High Elves?

3-4 Kang faction
1 Dwarf Faction
1-2 Araby Faction
1 Lizardmen Factions
1 Skaven Factions.
1-2 Greenskin factions

>DEI
what that
>FoTS
would it be accurate to call that Japanese Napoleon

I can't go back to those turn times.

>Great Sandy Desert

Bravo, Games Workshop.

>kangz
>lizards
>dwarfs
>araby
>greenskins
>vamp cunts in tk land
>rats

You will play as best dawi and you will love it

>while the Southlands belong to Warhammer 2's as-yet-unannounced fourth faction

???
This wouldn't make sense for the reddit rats to be in charge of the southlands, but the skaven are all but confirmed as the 4th race

Any good mods for the empire?

Remove chorf.

Holy shit.

Maybe they're ACTUALLY throwing us for a loop and the Kangz are actually gonna be the fourth faction.

>High Elf leader Tyrion begins in Ulthuan, for example, while his brother Teclis starts in Lustria

>what that

Mod for Rome 2

>would it be accurate to call that Japanese Napoleon

Uh. Fall of the Samurai takes place a bit after the napoleonic wars.

Maybe belong is just a poor choice of words. Maybe he means it like "that's their main/starting theater" or something.

I know it's Pestilens main stronghold down there but they don't control it completely, last time I checked.

Neat

Hunting for some of dat Lizardmen artefacts, I bet.

>Warhammer II will introduce four new continents, separated by an ocean with dynamic storms that could take out an entire fleet.

>Warhammer II will be about land warfare, at least at the outset.

make me! I'm a big chorf fan even modded dwarf models to make blunderbusses and infernal guard way back

Poor Finubar. Is that guy even ever done something? It's like he is a backdrop character, and he is a fucking Phoenix King!

>Excepting reliable information or accurate wording from game journos

lol

>mfw E3 will be the ultimate TODAY

>> Even the abilities of our general, who could both heal a unit of choice (always himself, in our case) and call down lightning strikes, weren't enough to turn the tide.

Nagash was weak, witness true power!

You people weren't kidding about the Chaos campaign. I thought you were exaggerating.

>awakened tribes are fucking useless, even with a mod to make them vassals
>when you got a decent horde all your enemies just hide behind their walls
>smart decision but boring for you, nothing but fucking sieges

Fuck this, I'm playing PeePoos instead, I've heard that's somewhat better.

Tlaqua
Cuexotl
Teotiqua
Nahuontl
Zlatlan
Rats #1
Rats #2
Sudenburg
Karak Zorn?
Fortress of Dawn?

Tomb Kings won't be in until DLC and may just be blank spots on the map for now, waiting to wake up.

Savage Orcs, Forest Goblins, and Beastmen may not be recognized as "factions" by the author because they're hordes that come and go.

Beastmen is a horde faction with actually thought put into it. Hidden encampment stance and the sack and raze combo options are great additions.

>Rats #1
>Rats #2

i'm guessing one of these will be "Skaven" and the other "Pestilens".

I don't know if you're too stupid to infer that 4 races are confirmed for the base game, but yes they've confirmed multiple times that each installment always starts with 4 base factions

If it doesn't have the chaos gods playground map, where you play as a god faction vs the other 3, ill be pretty fucking mad

No, the only way TKs have an interest in the vortex would be if Helves or Lizardmen used a jewel that was on a scepter that just happened to belong to a tomb king to stabilize the vortex

Honestly the new screenshots look fucking awful, and this is promo stuff

Someone for the love of god call CA and tell them 2007 lighting and particles are not acceptable anymore

it's odd they didn't tease a DLC race in the first trailer, since chaos was teased by the advisor daemon at the end of the vanilla trailer. I guess the continents make it hard to somehow tease tomb kings or ogres.

4 races will be in, but the game will be DLC

>Tomb Kings won't be in until DLC and may just be blank spots on the map for now, waiting to wake up.

>continent based entirely around the presence of angry notEgyptians
>not having them at launch
(you)

>They [high elves] also have a unique currency to think about called influence. This is generated by agents on the campaign map or by solving political dilemmas that crop up from time to time. It can then be spent to alter the relationships between different factions from afar.

Diplomacy is going to be Fun for the first time

>Skaven (pretty much confirmed to start there)
>Lizardmen
>Dwarf expedition
>That one empire colony just below Nehekhara
>Tomb Kings (not on release, though)
>Araby
>Savage Orcs
>That one not-Cape Town fortress the High Elves have.
>Lahmians.
>I guess Dark Elf black ark expedition because why not?

They can easily have them in a "slumber mode" on the campaign map and not have them show up before the dlc. Just like the wood elves I guess.

"Skaven" lead by Thanquol, maybe Mors lead by Queek, so we have the caster/melee lords. Pestilens for the inevitable DLC.

Dev says that there's Bretonnian colonie(s) in the Southlands, apparently.

>>at least at the outset.

NAVAL BATTLES WHEN?

>Tlaqua
>Cuexotl
>Teotiqua
>Nahuontl

I'm not sure if these will actually be factions or even still inhabited. Zlatlan has been described as "one of the few that remains intact and inhabited by the Lizardmen." It's possible that it's just it, maybe another is still around. The others could be ruins.

Also, a little information on Southland Lizards from the wiki:

>The Lizardmen temple-cities in the Soutblands are not as old as some of those in Lustria, and as such their guardian Slann are also younger, though still over 6,000 years old. Also, the earliest *awnings of Saurus that once led the armies of the Southlands have long since been slain in sacred battle, and so only the younger Scar-Veterans are left to guide them in times of War. The Lizardmen spawning pools in the Southlands produce Saurus only erratically, and they are much rarer than they are in Lustria. For this reason, the Slann must rely more on the Skinks to fill the ranks of their armies and to patrol the jungles. As a result of this need, the Skinks of the Southlands tend to be more aggressive and war-like than their Lustrian counterparts, even going so far as to form into fighting ranks to face the enemy directly on the field of battle

perfidious Ulthuan time

Ironically Chaos was meant to be in the base game

but I was saying how did they confirm a 5th race as pre-order bonus. I already know that the game will come with 4 races

Let's consolidate some shit:

>Multiple Skaven
>Sudenburg (Empire)
>Fortress of Dawn (High Elves)
>Karak Zorn (Dwarfs)
>Multiple Tomb Kings
>Araby
>Savage Orcs

I've been put off from playing Warhams completely since all this content is coming in, i don't want to finish a campaign then find out the faction i just played can do wicked dank shit in Warhammer 2, what do?

And Lizardmen. Obviously.

Yep, i feel the same way

Tehenhauin horde raising lizard vassals in the southlands, when?

Gib TWWH2 campaign map like this already.

GUYS GUYS GUYS

What if tomb kings are the secret 4th race and they're teasing skaven to make people buy preorders after having their dicks played with for months

be patient user

Can't until they reveal reddit rats.

I wasn't here during the lead up to Warhammer 1, when did they release this one?

well it'd have to be in some sense for the advisor to have an army to betray you with. Still this won't work for the third game, since its not like they can tease one daemon faction when the other three are on display. Still pretty skeptic about daemons as four factions, the game will need a lot of features to be remotely filled out.

The rat in the trailer and all the bad puns basically confirm skaven.

Tomb Kangz are going to be DLC for sure though.

Just the map it self would be useful.

I feel they are keeping navel battles for the 3rd game where they can introduce them as a feature.

Would be appealing.

mfw that map isn't even correct

I cant find a reason for this to be not possibly true

I hope the AI properly uses it

>We’re adding in the choke point battles, so if you’re defending a bridge, that’ll load a different battle type.

BATTLE BRIDGES ARE BACK IN THE MENU

It was correct when the game was released. They just never updated it to account for the DLC factions.

3rd game tease is age of smegmar

I believe that was a joke, retard

Besides Schwartzhafen, Crooked moon, Neck snappers, and Karak Izor, what's wrong with it? Those are all factions that got replaced by DLC.

Shit, naval battles. My spelling is crap today.

youtu.be/ShrgPHWTQ-A?t=308

Also, we have the Norse Skeggi, Dark Elf Raiders, Vampire Coast (Luther Harkon) and Estalian Conquistadors in Lustria as well.

FUCKING FINALLY

Black Venom isn't there.
And Athel Loren obviously.

There's no rat over skavenblight

It's also missing Wood Elves.

But, again, all those were DLC additions.

youtube.com/watch?v=ShrgPHWTQ-A

They talk a lot about retroactive updates for old factions in multiplayer. Nothing about campaign was said tho

>Four-way multiplayer campaign.

Is it just a mistake or is it legit? Going by the context it sounds they're just talking about multiplayer battles.

Source? That is fucking great if it is true.

>Four player multiplayer campaign
That is going to be horrible.
You can't even play co-op as is without crashing and desyncs nevermind how horrible it is going to be as four players.
The waiting time between turns is also a factor.

That said, I actually am pretty glad we are getting the oppertunity at least, even if it is going to be bugged like fuck.

No, what they're saying is the max player limit is basically four players in a multiplayer campaign. Doesn't necessarily mean four races cause there could be double ups on race

Probably wrong

Yeap, maybe is a typo we can't know

>tfw you can finally reenact the Battle of La Maisontaal Abbey
It might need a custom map. But since La Maisontaal is THE classic warhammer 3-sided battle, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a standard one.

venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/total-war-warhammer-ii-designer-promises-war-across-four-continents/

I've done like 5 or 6 full 200 turn campaigns and we've only ever had two desyncs

Sooner than you might think:

Despite its isolation, Zlatlan was not forgotten by Sotek. The Mage-Priests of Zlatlan observed the two-tailed comet and perceived that it represented the forked tongue of Sotek. Once again, it was their complete sequence of sacred plaques which meant that they had access to the Prophecy of Sotek and knew exactly what it meant. At this time the Skaven Clan Pestilens washed up on the shores of the Southlands having abandoned Lustria. The rat spawn were in a vicious and aggressive mood. Plagues penetrated the jungle but fortunately did not reach Zlatlan. It was said that Sotek himself encircled the city to protect it. The Mage-Priests marshalled the Skink cohorts and Saurus legions and prepared for war. Miraculously, the Skaven did not attack. They ignored the city, if they ever knew it was there, and instead set upon the underground strongholds of their own kind. For a long time the Slann of Zlatlan had been concerned about the rat spawn strongholds beneath mount Lhasa and Bhagrusa, now the Skaven were despoiling them in some strange frenzied rat-strife. All the priests agreed that the rat spawn had been sent mad by the magic of Sotek! Thus the cult of Sotek arose also in Zlatlan and henceforth any clashes between Lizardmen and those Skaven who yet remain in the South Lands provides Sotek with his rightful tribute of sacrifices.

Clearly, the Southland Lizards are true followers of Sotek.

no user is wondering if they mean free for all or a four player campaign, since they said it's a fun 'battle-type'.

>CA teases Skaven all through out the lead up to E3
>E3 comes around
>CA takes the stage after Sega announces another sonic and a JSRF port to PC
>room darkens as the T.V. screen goes black
>Warhammer 2 logo appears
>camera quickly cuts to jungle
>can here fighting in the background
>rats start running past the camera
>camera follows the rats through the jungle
>jungle gives way to desert as the room is blasted by
>I DO NOT SERVE
>Tomb kings announced as pre-order DLC
>CA quietly announces Skaven as the 4th faction
>no one notices

It would be Pontus all over again.

HISTORYFAGS BTFO!

>not a skaven walking in a sandstorm and taking cover in a pyramid and skeletons quickly walking past doorways in the dark until the skavens candle goes out, which after relighting reveals a tomb king whose mouth opens double and scarabs consume the skaven

fuckin' sweet

Holy shit, today is truly the day

>lizardmen astromancy stance where mazdamundi flies up in the air, surrounding himself in a blue orb giving increased line of sight and giving your whole army vanguard deployment

>skink priests with combined lores similar to branchwraiths

>Helfs all have great leadership/charge resist as well as great armor

>new siege battles are basically giant walls you have to attack