Mercedes AMG Project One

>1000+ HP
>0-200 kmh under 6 seconds
>F1 derived powerplant

RIP Valkyrie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kAn4ppQ_fQo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_One_World_Constructors'_Champions#By_engine
drivetribe.com/p/mclaren-porsche-911-with-tag-f1-dW6VWPVZTu-eYSRrFRFb7w?iid=DWVRr1DVSXawSSt9IyX3Ug
cosworth.com/about/company-history/
roushyates.com/engines/ford-ecoboost-v6-race-engine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

looks gross

It will be treated like a DD car, according to AMG Boss.

Valkyrie requires a support crew and dedicated lubricants to run it. Project one doesn't need them.

Literally nothing about this car says "Mercedes" to me.

At one point I did ask myself why Mercedes hadn't done too much in the mid-engine department of things, guess this is why

It's looks like if a McLaren and a Bugatti had some kind of weird lovechild.

To me, It's a modern day CLK-GTR. Turned up to 11.

getting strong 918 vibes here

>V6

It just has absolutely no shared design language with other Mercedes, the nose is too slanted, the headlights are too angular and lack the dual bulb look, and most importantly, the badge isn't center on the grill.

I see some influences from this concept.

>F1 derived powerplant

It can go over 400 km/h.

According to AMG boss Tobias Moers claims it achieves a thermal efficiency of 43%. By comparison, the thermal efficiency of AMG’s existing twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 is put at 25%.

>thermal efficiency of 43%
>mere 1.6 liter V6
>0-200 kmh under 6 seconds
>400+ km/h

Sounds like real Kraut Space Magic

Don't forget it is a DD car.
Impressive.

Honestly there will never be another car that has the same kind of design philosophies the GT1 projects had

I see some similarities here and there with the project one but its far too comfortable looking

except the CLK-GTR was a race car, this is just another toy for rich arab oil princes

>1.6L V6

wat

F1 engine

Least it isn't a truck engine this time

>1.6 V6 identical to the one they're using in F1, only mildly detuned
>MGU-H
>MGU-K
How much many more F1 power unit parts would it need to have to convince you?

no man you don't get it he watched several youtube videos he knows what hes talling about

>v6
i see they took notes from ford

>detuned
>1000hp

added some gerenerative tech that's illegal in F1 but detuned the ICE

It must be an amazing engine because Project One confirms as a street car that happens to have F1 technology.

>AMG Boss says “Because of the F1-derived technology used by the new car, prospective buyers have been asking if they will require a support crew or dedicated lubricants to run it. My answer is always no. It will be a street car. You keep it plugged in in the garage. You fill it with fuel. That’s it.”

see It can revs to 11k rpm!

Nope. They had it for long time. Check out its F1 seasons.

Well yeah, they limited it to 11,000 RPM from 15,000 RPM, and it can last 50,000 km. It really only has 750 hp. The current AMG-Mercedes F1 PU is estimated to be able to produce 1,200 hp, when the battery is fully charged and the KERS and MGU-K are delivering full power on a straight with overtake mode and qualifying fuel mix. This one also only lasts for maybe a quarter of an F1 season (1,500 km).

wrong. they copied ford

Looks like a lambo

>the mid engined corvette will also have a v6

Ford confirmed way ahead of their time once again

I've heard estimates of 1000+ hp but never 1200. citation needed.

If I am paying that much for a hypercar I want a god damn fire-breathing V12 that can push-start the Earth. I want to be able to start the engine and convert the rear tires to smoke by so much as thinking about first gear.

I'm sure the technology is impressive and the performance is there but that's a huge fucking let down.

Truck engines have powered some of the world's fastest and most ridiculous cars to the front line, the original days of hot rodding were done by finding big truck engines and stuffing them in tiny cars, and diesel engines are something Mercedes have been considered gods at. The original 5-cyl diesel from the 190E is known for its reliability.

I don't know, yeah I'm sure this thing is faster than hell but I remember the days of V12 Formula One cars and the cars spawned from it were hysterical god-machines.

Jesus, this looks like shit from the front.
Rear is ok, derivative from a lambo, with less exhaust tips, yet, decent.
But the front? What the flying fuck.

They should really just embrace the sharkmobile look and put some gill shaped vents behind the front wheels, used fin shaped spokes, made the front end a little pointier, and worked some pointy teeth into the grille.

except you are not paying for it since you can't afford it

>I remember the days of V12 Formula One cars and the cars spawned from it were hysterical god-machines
V10 era was best era tbqh

wrong again. Unless you mean Ford copied MB.
>what is Mercedes F1 W05 Hybrid - first 1.6 liter V6
It came in 2014
>3.5 liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 engine 647 hp
It came in the concept stage in 2015 and the final production in 2016.

get rekt

Ford was the first to put their turbocharged racing V6 engine into a production supercar
MB copied Ford
sperg more tho

Ford had a turbo v6 in formula 1 in 1986

sperg more

youtube.com/watch?v=kAn4ppQ_fQo

Then it is not real corvette.
GM probably learnt a lot from watching F1, especially to MB and then Ford.

If I could afford it I wouldn't buy it, I'd rather have a La Ferrari if I had to have one hypercar.

absolutely, the V10 era was the best of them all, Alfa also had that 156 sleeper with the F1 V10

>1000 hp V6
>loses to a 4 cylinder BMW
hahahha AHAHHAHAHAHA

That's actually neat.
Too bad it was crap though.

>Ford/Cosworth
>anything but GOAT

Germans have a higher maintenance threshhold for what qualifies as a DD.

If germans were all motorcyclists, they'd find KTM two strokes acceptable grocery getters.

>BMW
not a mercedes engine

Ford still has more constructor championships than mercedes and BMW combined

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_One_World_Constructors'_Champions#By_engine

sper more and stay BTFO cuckold

>Ford was the first to put their turbocharged racing V6 engine into a production supercar
sauce?
>Cosworth TEC (GBA) V6 Turbo
Implying it is related to 3.5 EcoBoost V6 twin-turbo.

>In 1984, McLaren-Porsche did it first with 1.5-litre TAG turbocharged V6 650+HP.
drivetribe.com/p/mclaren-porsche-911-with-tag-f1-dW6VWPVZTu-eYSRrFRFb7w?iid=DWVRr1DVSXawSSt9IyX3Ug

>In 1984, McLaren-Porsche did it first with 1.5-litre TAG turbocharged V6 650+HP.

mclaren-porsche isn't mercedes

Cmon my dude, both of us know this isn't anywhere close the DFV8.

wow alot of retards itt got triggered by my post

stop getting strawmaned you idiot.

Then Cosworth isn't Ford

imagine being this retarded

I dunno, can you tell me?
sperg more.

Cosworth is owned by Ford tho
sperg more

except cosworth was owned by Ford???

>F1 derived powerplant

>3.5 EcoBoost V6 twin-turbo
>1.6 turbocharged V6 engine

Lower litre is better, then MB win.

>There were only ever two contenders for Newey: a V6 twin-turbo and a naturally aspirated V12. “I did some homework and came to the conclusion that weight wise there’s wasn’t much between them, in terms of cooling requirements the V6 was worse, in terms of sound the V6 was worse and it would vibrate too much if you solid-mounted it to the chassis. Technically and emotionally the V12 was the better solution."

>“Some at Aston liked the idea of a V12, but wanted to use a derivative of the One-77 engine, but it wouldn’t produce the power we needed. The other group said it should be a V6 twin-turbo. It almost broke the deal, because we said we wouldn’t do it unless it was a bespoke V12, made by Cosworth.”

>"It also needed to be capable of extreme performance, therefore small and light (he calls the McLaren P1, LaFerrari and Porsche 918 “big, clumsy and heavy”) and intimidating, like the very fastest superbikes. It also needed to be, in his words, “a piece of art.”

Mercedes F1 V6 vacuum cleaner with heavy AWD torque vectoring wankery and Petronas sponsorship stripes signifying the worst era of F1 vs F1 God Adrian Newey designing a ground effect 1130hp V12 monster, engineered by Red Bull Racing and funded by Aston Martin with the goal of beating the fastest lap of the 2016 British Grand Prix, because the Mercedes F1 that set the time was slow and uninspiring.

This will probably destroy the Mclaren P1 GTR. It has about as much power, but with AWD torque vectoring, no F1 turbo tecnology and by the looks, way more advanced aero.

No longer in 2004. Look up its cosworth history

cosworth.com/about/company-history/

obsessed
they will sperg hard at this

>Valkyrie requires a support crew and dedicated lubricants to run it. Project one doesn't need them.

You know that Project one is way faster than Valkyrie, which is all about muh V12 sound and inconvenient maintenance.

>no longer in 2004

and??? I posted an engine from the 80's

are you autistic?

my point is that they are not related. you autistic.

There's no way someone can be this stupid.

Ford owned Cosworth in the 80's tho?????
they are related, sperg more

sperg more

except they were relayted in the 80's?????????

give me the sauce that 3.5 EcoBoost V6 twin-turbo is built by Cosworth.
sperg more
sperg more

see sperg more

Valkyrie is more powerful, lighter, has ground effect downforce out the ass, and doesn't require a support crew no matter how much you repeat it. It's just as much of a daily driver.

>"As for the sound it will make when it first clears its lungs… shrieky should cover it. Newey insisted that it had to be a twelve-into-one exhaust system, rather than two six-into-ones because “that makes it sound like it’s revving twice as high as it actually is.”

>spoon feed me

except I never implied the current ecoboost was made by cosworth????

be honest, are you stupid?

>obsessed
Aw shucks man, my post got you obsessed with me? :3
Love ya too then

You are correct. They are not related.

>Roush Yates Engines and Ford Performance have partnered together to develop the twin-turbo Ford EcoBoost V6 race engine

roushyates.com/engines/ford-ecoboost-v6-race-engine/

MB is indeed the first to put it into a production hypercar.

I have a bf. Don't delude yourself. sperg more tho

not exactly the first time a F1 inspired engine is put into a road car

>mb is indeed the first to put it into a production car
nope second. sperg harder

Alright, listen up fuckers. Let me make this clear.
Ford is the best. They cannot be touched in anything, and matter what you say, ford has done it earlier and better. So either SHUT THE FUCK UP about your favorite shitbox maker that noone cares about, or GET THE FUCK OUT, before you seriously piss me off.

and Ford made a turbo v6 Formula 1 engine sooner than Mercedes

Mercedes copied Ford

sperg more and stay BTFO

sounds good. What about the result? nothing? cuz it is not ready yet?

I stole him from you :3

this is 100% true

Neither is the MB. It's an unfinished showcar at this time, just like the Aston.

duh... thanks for checking it out
yes
sperg more
sperg more

you can't handle the fact sad. oh please sperg more

nope. you aren't my type obviously

I have the mods on my side and they will fucking ban you if I tell them to, so you better SHUT THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW WITH YOUR POINTLESS SPERGING THAT RUINS MY BOARD.

everybody shut up, I don't want to see him get mad

You post on every fucking thread and you only shitpost. No one here likes you, leave.

SPERG MORE
E
R
G

M
O
R
E

>It's an unfinished showcar at this time
I was told it is ready to go cuz it is a production.

>mfw i caused this

Typical neet response. Circlejerk more

SHUT UP SHITLORD