Be honest Veeky Forumstists, did your parents buy your first car?

Be honest Veeky Forumstists, did your parents buy your first car?

>implying that I don't ride the bus

My mom gave it to me, pic related

I like to lie and say that it was a hand-me down
My parents bought it for 4 g's

I love it though and my parents love it too c:

Nice. I tell people my parents paid 6k for pic related even though it was about 7 because we got zim zammed hard by the local dealership

Yep, then I wrecked it. Then they bought me another one and I wrecked. Wrecked a few other hand me downs as well.
I wreck things until I learn how not to

no first car is/was a hand me down crv that almost didn't make it. my mom rear ended someone on the highway, destroyed the AC and radiator and drove it home and almost cooked the engine. the k24 survived and works perfect for me, no ac tho, but heat works. I think the car has like 4 accidents on record. there's a couple the insurance company doesn't know about.

my first bike was paid for by them. they got an 04 1100 vstar for a good deal. then 2 years later it sheared the head off the uni bolt on the drive shaft. fun while it lasted and the best graduation gift.

I borrowed dad's shitbox until I saved some money then bought a car I've been modding into a track car.

Nah.

My grandpa gave his old one to me because he happened to buy a new one around the same time.

No, actually. I bought my old ZJ in cash, $1200. Just had to save up for a bit. It got me around for 4 years before I bought something a lot nicer.

My dad basically forced me to buy his used truck he never maintained and had me pay book value on it and interest on my loan because I'd have to pay it at a dealership anyway. Spent way more than I wanted on a first vehicle - $8,000 while I was only making $9/hour part time and I ended up paying close to $10,000 over two years. Ended up needing $2,000 in work the first year and my dad played it off as a learning experience of what it's like to be an adult.

Basically didn't buy anything the last few years of highschool just trying to pay that truck off while seeing similar ones posted on the classifieds for 5-6k.

Best feeling ever when I got a full time job and traded it in.

actually I like to say 4 but the same thing happened to us and we paid 8.5k

No. They waited until I had a job and cosigned for me since I didn't have any credit.

Kinda, my parents bought it for my brother and when my brother got a new car it was given to me.

>tfw parents bought my car for my birthday while everyone else worked for theirs
Just doesn't feel right desu man

No it was a handme-down 2004 dodge stratus that my sister drove
Thankfully my dad was always on top of maintainence so it was a bretty gud car

nope, they havent spent a penny on my car

>parents bought me a chevrolet

Replaced that shit within a year

Cool pepe. Can I have it?

Still driving it to this day

kek

Bought a 2000 Dodge ram 1500 at 15, paid 150 for it, had no bumpers, bed was rotting off, 4wd was busted due to 18s in the back 16s in the front, dents, and a ton of check engine lights. U-pulled bumpers and a bed, put plastic fender covers to hide rust, pulled the cel bulb and put it on CL saying 4wd worked, sold for 2500 put a down payment on a 2011 gti with Mommy as a cosigner at 7 years, got 2 years of payments left

No, because they didn't give a shot about me. They bought my irresponsible lil sister a piece of shit Corolla that she later destroyed in under a year.

the first car i drove i borrowed from my mom
the first car i actually owned was a hand me down

holy fuck

my first car was a 2006 Eclipse GS (4 cyl) and my mom got it for me but had to put it in her boyfriend's name cause bad credit. Found out he had been cheating for 5 months so mom threatened his job (probation officer) if he didn't switch the title into her name and the tool bag payed the entire car off and gave it to us.

but now I also drive pic related and I bought it myself with cash the day after my 19th bday

Yep. me dad gave me a rav4

Kind of?

I had saved up $1000 for a car, and my grandfather for my graduation gift helped me pay the $400 left and the registration and initial insurance fees.

I've been working since I was 14, so a good majority of my money was saved or used on other stuff I wanted. Car was a 92 Chevy Lumina Euro.

2002 pontiac grand prix.
was a hand me down from my father. i loved the thing all my friends thought it looked sporty and was fun to drive in. still own it, just not my daily anymore. its more of a car i dont have the heart to get rid of so i let my brother have it.

Sort of. My dad bought a $500 1980 Malibu and made me pay it off in chores when I was 14. Then he bought all the parts to get it back into shape but made me do all the wrenching. For my 15th birthday he installed all new brakes and suspension, for my 16th new paint. I wasn't allowed to take ownership until I got a job and had it insured under my name only. God bless that man.

>forcing your son to buy your overpriced shitbox and making him pay interest instead of teaching him to buy a 3k civic and do the repairs himself

Is your dad jewish?

I bet your dad tells some great stories with a beer in his hand

Nope. After I got my first job I loaned 1500€ from my relatives to buy a car so I could go to work and in two months paid it back and after three more months had bought another car.

And also to clarify. I could've paid the 1500€ back in a month (I made on average 1900€ a month) but didn't since I needed a new computer so that's why I took two months to pay them back.

my grandmother gave me it cause she didnt drive no more.
>1995 infiniti g20 with a automatic on its last legs and a rust feature
probably wouldve been a decently fun car with a 5spd

I paid it from the money I had saved up, but most of it was pocket money from my parents, so I guess they bought me my first car.

They did not, they did give me a discount on it though as I bought it from them.

my dad paid for the insurance. Everything else was from wageslaving.

>saving up for first car
>have about $4000 saved up
>gonna go buy a NA Miata (back in 2007 when they were cheap as fuck)
>dad picks me up from school one day in a different car than usual
>Mustang Convertible v6 auto
>"got a new car dad? what was wrong with the old one?"
>turns out this POS is for me
>"son, I remember you told me you had about $4k saved up so I decided to surprise you"
>this 1999 POS shitstang cost $13k at the dealership he bought it from
>"You can make the payments on it son! it's all yours!"

So yeah, my dad "bought" me my first car. By bought, I mean he "bought me car payments." Fucking idiot.

And you didn't say anything beforehand?

I talked to my father about buying an SW20 Turbo from the age of 13 until I actually had the money and my license.

Y-yes

parents gave me their old 95 volvo 960 wagon. drove it for 10 years until it failed smog.

Yes and i wrecked it driving too fast carelessly

Gonna get a motorcycle and buy it myself

Will die

Will be worth it

Not starting on a supersport tho

>his parents either don't love him enough or fucked their life up too much to help them get a cheapo shitbox to go to work in

non-whites please go

>Be honest Veeky Forumstists, did your parents buy your first car?
Nope, my father wanted to buy a car that was three times my original budget, but I insisted on buying a car with my own money only.
I also had saved more money than the just the budget for the car so I wasn't out of cash immediately after buying it.

My inlaws bought a car for my wife, and she brought it into the marriage
i didnt have a car before then
so not really but actually yes

but im about to buy a motorcycle, so that's fun

My parents gave me a junky Toyota Cressida with at least two accidents, 350,000 miles, and it burned oil faster than it burned gas. It absolutely would not accelerate up an incline greater than 5 degrees but it otherwise worked really well. Then I lost my job and they gave it away before complaining I didn't get a new job. I told them I can't get a job because I have no means of transportation and what do they tell me?
>You should have told us you wanted the car!
Apparently I need to explain in detail that I need a means to travel to a job before I can get a job but I guess that's what happens when mom's a felon who huffs paint. Pretty cool car though, I hated it back then since it wasn't some pigfat Americlap muscle car but these days I really miss it and wish I could grab another.

No, they just gave it to me after having it for like 15 years. It's beat to hell, but it works.