What's this type of asthetic called?

Seen on many American vehicles in the 70s/80s/90s, what's this type of asthetic/styling called?

Three-box styling? One box for the cabin, one box for the trunk, one for the hood, with defined separation between the three including upright cabin pillars and a relatively flat beltline from nose to tail.

It's pretty much dead and gone nowadays.

American malaise faux luxo barge

Tasteless.

Early '90s and Americans were still pretending to live in the '30s with their retarded vinyl landau roofs.

personal luxury car

delet

Landau

>Early '90s and Americans were still pretending to live in the '30s with their retarded vinyl landau roofs.

I swear to fuck there is a Camry with a landau roof that runs around here

theres a late 2000s Impala that has one too

shits awful

This style gets my dick hard.

The Florida pensioner special.

Nah, in all honesty I find them objectively questionable, but subjectively interesting because unique, no other market followed similar design trends. I just wish they weren't built so poorly so I could legitimately like them.

big ugly shit box style.

Ironically that car in particular wasn't even big, Chrysler put everything on the same compact platform at the time. These things were barely five meters long, and about as wide as a modern Honda Civic.

I really don't know why that asthetic get so much hate. Some say poor build quality, but that's a criticism on the actual manufacturing, not the asthetic.

>LeBaron
Oh god, what a tasteless name. Did burgers think this was sophisticated?

It wasn't even that bad on a design level, very crisp, it's just that it always seemed to be far behind any design trends in the rest of the world, and the landau roofs were seriously goofy in the '70s to begin with, not to mention in the '90s. The early stages of the brougham trend were seriously horrid, at least over time they got it under control visually.

landyacht

That's just one of many examples, including De Ville, Concorde and Parisienne.

I live in the UK and drove past a 70s or 80s white Coupe De Ville parked up yesterday. It dwarfed everything around it, I always thought they looked daft in pictures and films but in the flesh it looked brilliant in a very obnoxious way

Grandma and grandpa a e s t h e t i c. True story, my first car was going to be a Chrysler New Yorker with low rider wheels.

>- LeBaron, Carrossiers - was arrived at by the two partners using a list of French words that had the ring of prestige and could be easily pronounced through a telephone

Then what would your example of a "sophisticated" car name be user?

>tfw no Cadillac Seville

Not fucking LeBaron.

Not an argument

BMW ///M620d e-drive iperformance Excellence package

the geriatric

Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph
Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit

>camry with a landau roof

I saw the same thing wtf

I've seen Cressida's with them but not a Camry.

why didn't they put the chrome trim around the rear window?

FUCK I HATE THE LOOK OF THOSE CARS
THE ANGLE OF THE BACK WINDOW IS FUCKING DISGUSTING
ITS SO UGLY
IT SHOULD BE THE SAME ANGLE AS THE HOOD
THIS IS NOW YOU DO A BOXY CAR

black people and old people is the answer

I've seen a couple of these

It's what the black car services used in NYC during the 70s and 80s, thus it was also a mob car. Limo-mobster aesthetic?

7900 hayton

>spirit, wow, how original
user pls

>posts some euro shit box
Opinion discarded

american cars literally cant compete

Shitbox Renaissance.

Eh, not really.
Yes most mob cars had that same asthetic, but they aren't known for driving chryslers. Lincolns, Cadillacs, and mercs where more their thing

Comfy.

>they literally cannot
user pls

>being sophisticated means special snowflake

are you stupid

Doesn't take much brain power to realize spirit isn't a sophisticated name. It's not a terrible name, but definitely not sophisticated.

lol tard doesnt know the Spirit of Ecstasy

Saw an LS 460 woth one here. Only saw it once, so it may be a weekend driver or non-local

my first car was a hand me down 85 Cadillac Fleetwood, white with maroon interior, I loved that fuckhuge car

This is called a "G-Body".

>Chrysler imperial
>g-body

>window is bigger than the door

amateur hour

>a number
Not sophisticated

This was not a good time for the American Auto industry.