/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 25] Some 3DS users have received LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, the YouTube, Hulu and Netflix programs, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans at the moment.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (download link and guide in the Pastebin), but be aware it could get banned at any moment.
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap

>DSi
[May 28] A new DSiWare exploit will be released. The title it requires is preinstalled on some DSi models.
[May 28] SRLoader allows to run DS games from SD card using nds-bootstrap. gbatemp.net/threads/472200/

>Vita
[May 26] New HENkaku release. henkaku.xyz/changes/
[May 25] Adrenaline 4.1 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/hbg/ presents...
HOW TO HAVE FUN - HACKED 3DS EDITION
A guide on how to have fun with your modded Nintendo 3DS console

1) Launch FBI
2) Select "Remote Install"
3) Select "Scan QR Code"
4) Scan OP pic
5) Wait for the download and install to complete
6) Go back to the HOME Menu
7) Launch the freshly installed game
8) Have fun

"How dare you make me have fun?!? Fuck off."
-/v/

"I'll never be bored again!"
-The Professional Poster

"One of the best experiences I have ever had"
-OP

"DONT DOWNLOAD OR ULL B&"
-Some dumb faggot

"What the fuck? This isn't even an exclusive"
-A tripfag

"That game is great, thank you senpai"
-Anonymous

At least say it is the EUR version, but thanks, I already got it

You're supposed to assume that it's going to be the superior version once you don't have region locks on a modded console.

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer and also got your 3ds banned

So guys i grew some balls and upgraded from A9LH to B9S and im not banned, are the bans totally random or something?

>ShopHax
>Purchase 3DS in cash
>grab friend seed, delete from that console, soft brick by removing cfw file
>return, durrr it won't boot for some reason

And make it public or hoard it for yourself. You paid $200 already, make Nintendo replace what's yours.

The fuck is this QR code faggot?

Continuing from previous thread, since I got no answer ():

does those bans mean that Nintendo is testing their new approach and soon they will ban every CFW user and sue everyone who downloaded something from freeshop?

what is this? is this the thing that tells nintendo if you're a cfw?

Nintendo is fucking retarded.
I doubt they'd be able to do that if they wanted to.

We do not know. No one knows. Thanks for asking.

>sue everyone
Go back to GBAtemp where you belong

a good game

Good that I didnt use freeshop. I was right to be so paranoid I guess.

Why GBAtemp?

I used freeshop a whole bunch and didn't get banned

it's basically confirmed that freeshop isn't the problem, anyone with CFW was at risk

because apparently you're retarded

Yeah but you might soon be. After all, some people already got banned and Nintendo is most likely polishing their banhammer. Soon they will strike and hacking scene on Nintendo consoles will be over forever.

Which is sad, since I hoped for Switch CFW.

Well gee...if the tradeoff for NOT HAVING ONLINE FRIENDS LIST is having EVERY GAME, DLC, THEME AND STICKER FOR FREE I guess I can live with that.

Anyone? So Nintendo finally found the way to tell people apart?

Good that I disabled network connecting as well. It pays to be paranoid.

There's no tradeoff, replace the seed

what is the purpose of custom badges?

It pays to be a retard
To use custom badges, it's just a decoration

You might laugh now, but since ans are appearing now, I guess I was the smart one here, mhmhm?

Oh wow I'll sure miss playing online with Mario Kart ™

You can laugh when I get banned
In the meantime you're a retard

Cave Story

And how about missing playing online in Monster Hunter?

Why soft brick it?

Can't you just un-b9s it and return it?

reposting because I missed the new thread

so the wiiU has it's own FBI? sounds nice, thanks for the help, just one more thing, the guide in the op doesn't have how install them, can you give me some pointers?

Believe me or not, but I'm an actual insider that currently works for Nintendo of America. I have no details to share about what caused the recent ban, but I can tell you the exact reason it happened.

The 3DS is still our highest selling console, which means support for it(games, hardware production) will not be ending anytime soon. To ensure that it continues selling, we'll be releasing a lot more games in the coming months. And again, I don't have all the details concerning what caused the ban, but their intent was to "clean up" the online community. The reason for this is because a lot of said games will feature online cooperative and multiplayer. If you haven't heard the recent news about the Switch, a few of those games will be classics from older systems, "remastered" to include online play. Some of these titles will release alongside with the 3DS.

Just a few titles that I can confirm:
-SNES Mario Kart
-GoldenEye(Switch Only)
-Final Fight
-NBA Jam
-Excite Bike
-Super Bomberman
-Contra 3
-Turtles in Time
-Tecmo Super Bowl
-Sunset Riders

Unfortunately for old 3DS users, these titles will only be available for the new 3DS, new 2DS and Switch.

Hope this helps in someway. I'm sorry if it doesn't give any insight on how to prevent being banned, but thought I'd share the bit of information that I do know.

Will NES and N64 games still look like complete shit, like they do on 3DS/Wii U?

I bought Star Ocean on VC and it runs like shit on my O3DS. What the fuck

>runs like shit on my O3DS
You don't say?

>all he's doing is stating the obvious

Yeah sorry my bad for missing the "original" part of your post. Its still revolution brand though

Because there's a chance you screw some poor kid when actually I much more enjoy the idea of screwing with Nintendo. Getting it sent back to them sends a message, which is a bonus. Plus if you're keeping the code private, you don't want it popping up on two systems.

on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being easiest how ez pz is wii hacking
I want to play project M but brawl is 7gb and my internet is balls
Also is wiimfi or whatever it's called as kickin as netplay on dolphin

All those titles except tmnt:it are shit, and Konami wouldn't accept that anyways, so you're full of shit.

Need help, guys.
I've updated my old3ds to the last luma and bootstrap. i've installed a .CIA of Fire emblem echoes with health@care like always.
Everything was normal.
Now i've tried to install the DLC.
The thing is when i open the health@care app it shows me just black screen and nothing else. I can't return to the system and the home button does not respond.
In the past weeks i did not touch or update the system in anyway.
What to do?

8 or 9.

It's not quite "don't blink towards it or it'll be hacked" PSP level, but it's really fucking easy. Probably the hardest part is finding the old SD cards.

so its an emulator with netplay big fucking deal

I have an sdhc in it so probably fucked right

>Still using RTools

Welp, you're fucked. Just follow the guide for Luma, or no games for you.

alright faggot tell us when the us is getting mh xx and ill believe you

But i'm on luma. I've updated from rxtools though.

>GoldenEye
>Rareware
HAHAHAHAHAHA

No idea.

Once you get the right SD card, you just check your MAC address and the rest is as easy as the PSP.

You can always Amazon/eBay the SD cards anyways, and there's a chance some best buy or other tech shop near you will have them in the clearance bin.

Had the same issue. Something about Echoes is easily corrupted during install - honestly just reinstall the DLC. If that doesn't work, then it sucks but you just reinstall the whole game.

Use Freeshop if you're able to at all of course, less chance of corruption.

Echoes other games work normally
the FBI the HEALTH CARE does not work.

QR wont scan. Youre a faggot

EA actually owns the rights to GoldenEye.

>mfw non of Echoes dlc cia is working with undub
Am I doing something wrong?

Well it seems like my update to luma from rxtools with b9s worked good until the FBI injection. It worked with Sysnand during update. But it seems like emunand does not have the injection. But it wasn't reverted before the update so i launch into the black screen.
How to inject luma's emunand with it?

Yeah, you're playing the undub.

fucking weeb shit

>How to inject luma's emunand with it?
why are you using emunand with luma wtf

Can't you just restore and re-inject fbi to h&s? Or just install FBI.cia already without injecting.

Should be able to.
Think you just hold start on boot and look for that menu yes?

Would you play her game, /hbg/?

Should I use FBI and scan QR codes or should I be using freeshop instead?

That's was done during the guide. and it did it to the systemnand. But the lumanand was not touched somehow. Maybe because it was unlinked.

the fuck is that anyway

Maybe.

i think its gotta protectors

Hello /hbg/
I want to experience the metroid prime trilogy in the best way possible for my first time, just not sure wether i should play the GC or the Wii version, controller or wiimotes, pirated on wii or pc, help me out

If you're a speedrunning autist like me you'll want the gamecube versions. But the Wii versions are much comfier for casual play.

game cube version on pc using dolphin. i remember the wii version makes you use the motion controls for aiming.

I heard you can make the wii version play with mouse and keyboard on dolphin, thats the only way i ever played fps, this would be the first thing like this id play on controller if i wanted to play as intended, yet i dont know how much precision is need in metroid, all i ever play are fast and precise games like quake doom tf2 and cs:go

the first metroid prime as far as i played before my save corrupted was paced like half life 1.

OH!
This reminds me a more hbg related issue, a while back i started a freeshop downloaded copy of metroid 4, the gameboy advace one, wasnt able to extract the save with jksm, and at some point i did a copy paste of sd files to a new console i Had bought, so i had given up on the getting my save.
A week ago i randomly went to check the software i had in system settings and metroid fusion was sitting there greyed out and inaccesible, is it possible to rip my save out somehow so i could at least finish the game on pc?
Sound fun to mouse and keyboard, HL1 was my first single player fps, thanks

If i have a Japanese game that keeps hanging on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen, what could be the cause, bad cia or out of date luma?

Why don't you just update Luma and check

though metroid prime does kinda have a non linear map like the old metroid. so there is some backtracking to get all the power ups. like for instance you'll find shit you cant break till the end of the game and behind it will be a missle upgrade.

HAVE YOU CONSIDERED UPDATING LUMA?

FUCK YOU

Is this ikachan again?

Update Luma and also make sure Region Emulation is set up properly.

All my other out of region games seem to work but just to be sure, what do i need to do to get it set up properly?

Just put the right .txt. file in the right folder, simple as that.

I dont want to switch to b9s, but i guess i'll have no choice

What's the text file I need?

Sorry for asking such retarded questions

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

That's only for dlc

Thank you, sorry you have to deal with such a retard as me

I updated my 3ds and now it's just a black screen. I need help

@178603572
you're an actual retard who got way too many (you)s

Meant for

Still no 999.vpk? No one planning to upload?
Does anyone even upload .vpk's anymore?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEad the fucking guide

Try unupdating.

7.0.5 should be fine, you probably just need to use Luma's region emulation.

ACHTUNG

The fuck is this? First time i hear about it

>little-endian format
faaaag

Not quite.

Quick question fellas. After downloading and installing games from freeshop, are there any files on the SD I can delete to get more space, like the .cias if you installed from .cia for instance?

>Displays local friend code seed
This is a great way to steal it from newfags bragging about their IPS screen. Thanks joel16.

are there any good 3rd party wii component cables? the official ones are pretty expensive