Dueling Network General - /dng/

Dueling Network/Yu-Gi-Oh! General #2530
Traps Edition
Last Thread: New mechanic, Link Summoning: ygorganization.com/ekisotorarinkuexclamationpoint/

● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/nlcz47swc8bl4af/ygopro-1.033.D-Percy.exe
>YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/6vvclua195urlb9/ygopro-1.033.D-Percy.dmg
>High Quality YGOPro Images: mega.nz/#F!3xRSSZLD!n5HAXjFTVV8g-ha3I_5SsA
>Manual Card Updates (place inside the expansions folder): github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017
● Duelingbook is a manual simulator
duelingbook.com/

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook: yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf
>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Official /dng/ ruling test: testmoz.com/466984
>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator: yugioh.party/
>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market: yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html
>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Duelist Pack: Legend Duelist (June 3rd)
●OCG: Cyverse Link Structure Deck (June 17th)
●OCG: Circuit Break (July 8th)
●OCG: Deck Build Pack: Spirit Warriors (August 11st)
●OCG: Extra Pack 2017 (September 9th)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Surge of Divine Radiance (September 23rd)

●TCG: Pendulum Evolution (June 23rd)
●TCG: Battles of Legend: Light's Revenge (July 7th)
●TCG: Starter Deck: Link Strike (July 21st)
●TCG: Code of Duelist (August 4th)
●TCG: 2017 Mega-Tins (August 25th)
●TCG: Legendary Duelists (September 8th)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lpqDphtOskU
duellinks.gamea.co/c/cr19osqs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First

>still doesn't have a ninja retain

Are Madolches dead after Links?

So now that Skills are confirmed for tournament play, here's a list of the relevant ones from Duel Links that aren't in the Org article:

>Can be used in your Main Phase, starting from the fifth turn. Upon activation, reduces your LP to 100 and discards 2 cards from your hand. You roll a die and draw that number of cards. This skill can only be used once per Duel.

>Gives 1 more card in each player's starting hand.

>You can see the card at the top of your deck even before drawing it.

>6 "Harpie" cards in your Graveyard are banished, and 1 "Harpie's Feather Duster" card is added to your hand from outside your Deck.

>Can be used after the starting hand is distributed. Shuffle random number of Parasite Paracide into your opponent's deck.

>Can be used if "Umi" is on the field, and you have a Water-attribute normal monster on your field. That monster can attack your opponent directly. this turn. At the end of the Battle Phase, that monster is sent to the Graveyard. This skill can only be used once per turn.

>If your Life Points are at least 1000 more than opponent's, and if you have at least 5 cards in your hand, your coin tosses always land on heads.

>Until the end of the opponent's next turn, neither you nor the opponent can Special Summon monsters from the Graveyard. This skill can only be used once per Duel.

>Can be used when your Life points are at least 1000 less than the opponent's. All monsters in the opponent's Graveyard changes to Skull Servants (Zombie / DARK / Level 1 / ATK: 300 / DEF: 200). This skill can only be used once per turn.

>Can be used if your Life Points decrease by 2000. In the Draw Phase, a card you draw is duplicated.

Which one are you going to bring to Worlds, /dng/?

Pic related.

>confirmed for tournament play

>confirmed for tournament play
>The Duel Links Legend Deck Guide included suggestions for CASUAL (NON-TOURNAMENT) play that people using the Legend Deck can use to spice up their Duels with the 20(TWENTY) card HALF Decks.

>>Can be used in your Main Phase, starting from the fifth turn. Upon activation, reduces your LP to 100 and discards 2 cards from your hand. You roll a die and draw that number of cards. This skill can only be used once per Duel.
Life Equalizer ahoy.

Where the fuck did you get that list. Where did you get the Harpie Feather Duster one, the cannot SS from grave one and the Skull Servant one?
I haven't seen any of those from either Duel Links or VRAINs. They sound like you just made them up.

>their Duels with the 20(TWENTY) card HALF Decks
Wait, it's for Speed Duel only?
Damn.

>That second to last one
youtu.be/lpqDphtOskU

nvm
duellinks.gamea.co/c/cr19osqs

>Where did you get the Harpie Feather Duster one
Mai's drop skill, Harpie's Last Will

>the cannot SS from grave one
Ishizu's drop skill, Sealed Tomb

>the Skull Servant one?
Ishizu's drop skill, No Mortal Can Resist

>>Can be used if "Umi" is on the field, and you have a Water-attribute normal monster on your field. That monster can attack your opponent directly. this turn. At the end of the Battle Phase, that monster is sent to the Graveyard. This skill can only be used once per turn.
HAHA

Ha!
2 fucking secooooonds!!!!!

Does anyone here duel?

host

>>You can see the card at the top of your deck even before drawing it.
Is it continuous effect or trigger-lite effect?

Continuous, it's always visible to you but not your opponent.

On DuelingBook?

you could, more often its ygopro

Gishki's Oath meta, baby.
Basically Zielgigas OTK but backed up by tons of generic stunshit.

Good stuff, man.

hosting

>play on ygopro
>true draco revival can't be searched by dynamite knuckle
>not allowed to activate true draco traps to tribute summon during opponent's main phase after they summon a monster, you have to wait until they activate an effect to be able to activate the trap
>forced to use master peace's effect if you used demise on the same turn on you summon him
>disciples and succession work whenever they feel like it

>play on duelingbook
>everything works but only if your opponent isn't retarded and understands how the game works

why the fuck do i even still play this game

>>forced to use master peace's effect if you used demise on the same turn on you summon him
Maybe if you're retarded

With /dng/

Stopped hosting.
Someone reply if they want to duel.

Try it now. Activate demise, summon master peace, then end your turn.

It doesn't happen with me.
Have you tried it again?

I'll play. I haven't in a while. YGOPro USA, right?

>Activation icon next to the field spell for resolving demise's effect
>Hit that instead of MP
????

DuelingBook

I wonder what Kaz meant by this card.

You can't banish return with Master Peace or Shuffle it back with Disciples either.
It's probably not tagged as a True King card in coding.

for (You) to stop already.

>Opponents grave
>Not your own
What the fuck man

I wonder if its possible to make a deck out of nothing but monsters with 0 attack, that arent timelords. Then again almost anything is possible with this game

It fucks up their graveyard plays. King isn't even in Duel Links.

I don't see you hosting

Also, only the AI can use skull servant in a deck, it's still unobtainable by players, so the only way it can appear in a PvP duel is with that skill.

I stopped earlier, sorry.

I figured he might not have been but I wasn't sure, and yeah it would do that.
That's lame.

Wait, do you can use MP to avoid discarding from demise? Holy shit that's even more broken.

But this card is in Duel Links.
Yaaay Shine Balls!

Hosting again. You still there?

There was an episode of GX like that I remember.

not again

What again?

Oh really? What episode was it if you remember?

Episode 35

Based fucking Chazz

Stopped hosting again.
I actually timed out due to inactivity, same thing happened earlier. It was just taking too long so I just stopped.

Heeeey.... Chaos Necromancer is in Duel Links.

Yes, Yes it is.

>that episode where he finishes off Phoenix with Ojama Yellow

He beat Jaden one time and then proceeded to job to everyone after

Heroes break this card.

Manko Sekka.

No. The duel was interrupted.

Their final duel was his win but he was told to throw it.

Why is the cardpool in Duel Links so shit? I wanted to get into it but I got tired of beating over 500 atk monsters and never getting enough cards to make a coherent deck.

Yeah probably

Duel links is nothing but generic beatdown or relinquished.dek. don't bother with it.

The early stages are easy on purpose. Grinding through them will give you lots of Gems to by new packs by leveling up your characters. Just tap Auto Duel and do something else while your phone runs until you get to the harder stages. Even then, if your deck is competent enough, you can keep Auto-Dueling even at the highest stages. The Card Trader unlocks after you reach a certain stage where you can trade gold and orbs you get from dueling for certain cards. You get keys which you can use to grind Gate Characters which give you strong cards. AI duels are stamina-based but PvP duels are unlimited. Also you can get up to 150 gems per season depending on how high you get in ranked. Tapping the fountain, top of the shop, street lights, and trash can have a random chance of giving you 1-5 gems. It might not be much, but it accumulates if you keep doing it all the time. They also give you free gems for events, new packs and maintenance all the time.

Given these two skills::
Hyperspace: Your Extra deck limit is now 20
Immutability: Master Rule 4 does not apply to you

Which do you choose?

>Master Rule 4
>You will not post or request personal information ("dox") or calls to invasion ("raids"). Inciting or participating in cross-board (intra-Veeky Forums) raids is also not permitted.
How would this help me in a duel? Are you telling me to dox my opponent?

I've already unlocked the Card Trader, he's very underwhelming. I don't have nearly enough orbs to actually get the stuff he offers. The rewards from the gate duelists are crap as well.
>5 more cards in the extra deck
>giving yourself unrestricted access to the extra deck
hm tough choice you got there

It's worth to note that some of the Card Trader cards rotate out from time to time.
As for the gate duelists, well, there's Enemy Controller, one of the best staples. TwinRex and CD#2 if you want a Dinosaur deck. And there's Cocoon of Evolution from Weevil if you want to make a Defensive deck. Pinch hopper's pretty strong too I guess.
From the packs, you can get Ritual Support like Senju and Sonic Bird or staples like Sphere Kuriboh, Order to Charge, Twister, Mirror Wall, Michizure and Yomi Ship. Order to Charge is pretty good in Dinosaur decks, and Element Saurus can be useful in it, and get Age of Discovery if you want to make a Water deck. Look at the other packs too if you want to build decks with other themes like Spirits and others.
They've put back the 2 old packs that were rotated out since the World Championship is coming up.
You can get cards as level up rewards too. Tea gives you Freyjas and Court of Justices, and Mai gives you Etaqua. Be careful on converting or selling character unlock and level up rewards though since you can't get some cards back, and you need some of them to advance stages and the only way you can do that if you accidentally got rid of your cards is to get a friend to duel you and use Exchange so you can use those cards.

>trying to make Red-Eyes fusions.dek
>have to get Yugi, Joey & Kaiba all to Lv23 just for 3 fusion substitute monsters
>Meteor Dragon is from a booster so you have to waste hundreds of gems or shell out shekels for a playset
>Summoned Skull is the same but even harder to get
>have to make do with 1 of each ft. generic goodstuff beatdown

It's such bullshit. The only reason I still play it at all is that I have a nostalgic softspot for caveman YGO.

Also, once you've gotten to the higher levels, you get so much orbs that you still have a lot left over even if you've already traded all the R and lower cards. Coins are gonna be much harder to come by if you want to trade the higher rarity cards. Also, you can get SR and UR orbs from the Gate. Not to mention that you can convert the SR and UR cards that they drop too.

Summoned Skull dies too much to all the defense position-switching cards in the game. That's why I actually think Machine King is better for that purpose.

Meteor dragon is common at least. I wanted to play the Magnet Warriors but they were only available for a short amount of time and farming Yugi Motou for the rare Magnet Warriors was fucking shit. At least with the Paradox Brothers recently you got the Gate Guardian skill with them for free.

I haven't played too much high-rank PvP so I wouldn't know. I just need him for muh B. Skull Dragon I'm frankly shocked that I actually managed to get one and a Meteor B. Dragon

Also, how the fuck do people get playsets of Riryoku, E-Controller, and all the other staples? Do they just constantly grind and spend shekels?

That Beast of Talwar or whatever it's called is played for that reason.

There's a Duel Links general you know.

>buy a box of maximum crisis
>half of the packs have the cards strangely ordered
>the rares are in the middle of the pack, and the last half of the pack is upside down

Is this normal? This is my first time buying a box so I dont know if I should be suspicious or not.

The rares are always in the middle. The upside down thing is rare but it happens.

Rares are meant to be in the middle, aren't they? I haven't bought an actual pack for years but that's how I remember them.

Ah thanks anons! I guess everything is fine then, time to make a deck out of the box then!

nope, then again komoney really dropped the ball with this set among the missing secret rares and 'leaking' cards in OTS packs.

When will Percy have links?

never

>grind
Yes
>spend shekels
Not most people. Just play as much as you can whenever so you can level up and get gems. It's a lot easier since it's a mobile game and Auto-Duel exists. Just hop into rated to get your 150 gems per season whenever you feel like actually playing, and even then, the season doesn't reset for like a week.

Just play DuelingBook. If you don't want to deal with retards, get a high rating or just duel with friends.

>links killed ygo and now they are forcing new bullshit
I will die with this thread i guess...

Grind and have a battle plan. If you want three Sphere Kuribohs, you should ONLY be buying Ultimate Rising and nothing else. Make sure to reset the second you pull it.

Don't spend money on the game unless you're prepared to drop over $200. Spending only a few dollars will get you nothing. Why?

$30 USD will get you 36 packs. The game's booster system makes it so there's only 34 packs with SRs or URs out of 200, or 10 out 80 for a minibox.

This means that in order for you to get one (1) UR from a specific pack, you'll need to spend up to $150 unless you're insanely lucky. There eight packs in the game as of right now, each with 1-3 cards worth pulling. And each new pack creeps and invalidates previous packs.

The game's payment model is designed around killer whales.

you have your own general bud

And soon you won't.

keep dreamin

>Print new cards that restrict you to fusion summoning for the turn, requires you to control a "Roid" fusion, and a new fusion monster that requires another fusion to summon
>No new easy to summon "Vehicroid" fusion monster or new fusion spell
Why bother?

next time

Counter Trap
Negate the activation of your opponent's card or effect that cannot be negated and destroy it, ignoring its negation immunity, then draw two cards.

How good would this be?

>tfw Ultimate Machine Union isn't a "Roid" card so it can't be searched by Megaroid City
It'd still help but why

take away the draw two and you might get it

too situational. not many relevant effects right now have "can't be negated" clauses. pot of greed part is unnecessary.

Pair Cycroid is your best option, sadly. At least he can be summoned through IF.

no problem
only need put (This card is treated as "roid".)

But Konami loves unsearchable memes

Also new card

translation?