Rear engine

>Rear engine
>Rear Wheel Drive
>Lightweight
>Cheap parts
>Manual only (until 1961)
>Designed to cruise the Autobahn

Is the Beetle, dare I say it, /ourcar/ ?

It triggers some kikes. So yeah, /ourcar/

>Manual only (until 1961)

You don't deserve to own one.

Oh, i forgot,
>cute twingo-like eyes

VW literally translates to /ourcar/

Pure genius.

shhhh cuz there are the vicious VAGhaters in Veeky Forums

I was surprised how many VWs there were when I took a trip to South America recently, including old beetles and hippie buses. They must really be doing something wrong in the US market.

I think they only recently stopped making the original beetle in south america.

Its typically a neglected market by the other auto companies as the cars need to be vastly cheaper than other markets, so I can see why legacy VWs would be so popular.

Shitloads of tooling available for cheap from wealthier countries, and south americans love germans

There were also a yuge number of these little VW pickemup trucks as well. They looked rather well made and capable of dealing with not always having roads.

Although in that case I can understand why the US truck market would cockblock those out one way or another, similar to the Hilux.

Should I do it? It may not look like an original Beetle but it's much lighter and I would only drive it on summer weekens anyway. Parts are cheap and it has the easiest engine to work on. A friend of mine has a Beetle and he bought a whole new engine for like €300

On a second look, this one has is swapped with the 2.0 from the hippie bus but there's plenty of offers

Those VW pickups are worth fat money in the states nowdays. I know a guy who has a 4 door long bed version, its so fucking cool

Fuck yeah dude, coolest summer cruiser possible. plus, it can kinda offroad.

was nicknamed "hitlers revenge" so no.

>plus, it can kinda offroad.
Not sure about this. The Netherlands is entirely flat so the only place to offroad is the dunes but that's probably illegal. Some of the buggies are a little bit flatter so they might work better on the road
I'm very curious to see how it would drive

The main reason I haven't yet bought one is that I can't store it. I live in an apartment on the third floor with park spaces in the street. I might look into hiring a garagebox somewhere

Are you a surfer blonde boy?

If so, grab it. You will get an ultimate chick magnet.

>Aryan surfer boy and VW dune buggy... it's a schöne sache

>They must really be doing something wrong in the US market
Yeah they don't have a V8 in 'em

>now faggots will rush and buy up beetles
>inflating the cost and making donor cars scarce
thanks Veeky Forums

Beetle production ended in Mexico July 2003 (2004 model year)

Bus (called Kombi) production ended in Brazil in 2013 (converted to water cooled by then)

>Rear engine
>Rear Wheel Drive
>Lightweight
>Cheap parts
>Manual only
>Designed to cruise the Autostrada
Plus
>Not a shitty Hitlermobile/hippy car
>Reasonably priced

>Designed to cruise the Autostrada
lol bet your boipucci on that one mate

funny enough I have only seem these craps up to poland (no bully)

it really is, but fuck superbeetles
>normal bug you have chassis and the body work
>you can actually drive just the chassis
>superbug have this retarded front suspension
>if this shit gets rusted, you're dead and so your average nazi german vehicle/poor's man porsche
>boombers go "nuffin wrong with it plus it's more comfortable"

I remember that car. My friend hate it with a passion because he spent a lot of time in shop due to that car. It has the characteristics of Italian. Mamma mia, what a disaster!

>Is the Beetle, dare I say it, /ourcar/ ?
yes because
>instant brownie points for owning one 0 effort required
>rolls over when you turn so you can never learn to drive, saving you from a lot of embarassment
>doesn't go fast so nobody drag races you, saving you from embarassment
it's the perfect Veeky Forumstist car, you are no longer a busrider yet you can still benchrace based off wikipedia articles.

My parents have a '63 with a custom engine and a bunch of other modifications, I can't say much more about it but it's really fun to drive. On the 'slow car fast' scale I'd actually consider it more fun to drive than a Miata, and with all the upgraded parts in there I'd actually say it *is* quicker than the Miata I own