/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #500

''500th thread; /lisg/ forever'' Edition

Previous Thread: >A special message from DONTNOD Entertainment:
youtube.com/watch?v=YoVni44YBtE
''...we've been working, since the release of the box version last year, on a new Life is Strange game, with the Life is Strange team.''

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/13024639
strawpoll.me/13090936
strawpoll.me/13090974

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY
youtube.com/watch?v=AoHFCLxTkE4
youtube.com/watch?v=tQjpS_TXn7o
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tuck it in

WOWSERS! 500 THREADS, /lisg/, FIVE HUNDRED.
I never thought it would reach this. But here we are and still going strong with plenty to look forward to! Thank you all for making this place so comfy and interesting!

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

We did it

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED

THREAD THEME:
youtube.com/watch?v=AoHFCLxTkE4

Max is #1

OP Image was well worth the wait
YES! First for Kate booois

To all those that said /lisg/ wouldn't hit 500:

Now you're totally stuck in the retro zone
:^(

You summarized my position perfectly. I was genuinely shocked that /lisg/ couldn't understand my complaints; the comic is rather off, and not at all in the spirit of "silly fun".

Awesome job on the art, QTori!
Just think in a few months (or even weeks) we may be hard at work trying to piece things together and speculating again. So excited!

That's funny!

Looks like they've been busy, as we will hopefully also be.

Alas, no more leaks to be expected. The wait for E3 is now.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

>tfw we make it to #500!
>tfw screenshots of new Life is Strange game!

youtube.com/watch?v=tQjpS_TXn7o

Kindly do not drag that into the 500th thread, we're all celebrating lis here.

Jeffershit is a manlet

>Is /lisg/ gay?
HELLA GAY

>IMAGI-
[TIGGERED]

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Outstanding, Renderanon!
I fucking laughed out loud and woke my dog up.

nice chris

I'm still wondering how you guys magic this all up
Great job!
+1000 for Kate

We can do both, brainlet.

I'm so fucking happy and so fucking anxious about the new images and leaks. I can't sleep much past few days.

if wasn't for the leaks and the S2 announcement maybe this place would be dead right now

I'm in the same boat. Between reaching this milestone, rereading a few of my favorite fics, and all the news and images- I've been so hyped!
The disappointment of the ending finally feels like it's been washed away after over a year.

me 2

Calling it now. It's going to reveal that Rachel didn't exactly die, but some timeline cosmic mumble jumble counterpart died in her place instead.

Nah, but we'd probably still be two or so days away from #500.

I'm fine with literally any stupid time travel shit happening in the prequel since that'll just strengthen my conviction that Bae was the right choice.

How silly!

I have something too: a Pricefield mosaic, depicting their "we will last forever" moment, consisting of exactly 500 different Pricefield images (each used as a tile at least once). I've been lazy, and the program uses a lazy algorithm as well, but it's the thought that counts, right?

There's a zoomable version as well, I'll just have to figure out how to extract the entire thing in an appropriately large size.

Has there been any new info since the announcement?

You absolute imbecile, go back to r_lifeisstrange

>everything I don't like is reddit

Literal cancer.

Excuses excuses

I think Rachel is dead, unless Max finds a way to go back and save her. She probably could but it would create a lot of unknowns and risks.
Perhaps the one person Max cannot save and I think Chloe would realize and accept that.

I'm excited to get to meet Rachel and see who she was. Hopefully the ending isn't too heartbreaking. But at least we know things ultimately work out for the most part.

I agree about the time travel stuff. Anything introduced will just make clear that Max's involvement in the storm is tiny/non-existent. Bae will always be the right choice and we will keep finding reasons to support it. Though for Max and Chloe's happiness was, and continues to be, enough justification.

who is going to E3 here

>tom gould
disgusting

>Bae will always be the right choice and we will keep finding reasons to support it. Though for Max and Chloe's happiness was, and continues to be, enough justification.

Even ignoring literally every other justifiable reason to pick Bae, all I ever needed was the fact that Max had the vision of the storm BEFORE discovering her powers or saving Chloe.

The storm was a mistake

There's so many reasons and instances. The vision happening before anything is one of the stronger ones and was noticed by many people while playing the game.

It'll be so great to see this place meltdown if it reveals or even hints that Chloe and Rachel had sex. That's waaay further than Pricefield.

Info on what exactly, user? Season 2 - no, but leaks (that were posted here prior to anywhere else!) revealed that there's a Rachel prequel spin-off being worked on right now, by a different studio ("Deck Nine", formerly "Idol Minds" (atrocious, gimmicky cashgrab games, or so I've read, but the leaked footage looks ok, so there's hope, I guess)), and it seems set to be announced during this coming E3, likely with a trailer.

>Rachel prequel

What the FUCK

Congratulations, /lisg/. Have a comfy 500th.

I don't think that would be a big deal.

:D

Doesnt Chloe carry condoms around? Anyone expecting her to be a virgin is fooling themselves.

Isnt that the same sort of pose Max pulls when she first rewinds time?

>Doesnt Chloe carry condoms around? Anyone expecting her to be a virgin is fooling themselves.
B-B-But maybe she was just pretending!!!

do you live under a rock?

They've also had years together, whereas Max and Chloe had days, of intense reunion. They've loved each other plenty, by now.

And for all we know, Rachel was straight and never in a romantical relationship with Chloe. Drunken or casual sex is not "waaay further" than an actual, mutual, eternal, transcendental love, in and through which they overcome among everything else, Rachel's death.

more leaks

>Drunken or casual sex is not "waaay further" than an actual, mutual, eternal, transcendental love
Not if it was passionate sex.

Goodness! 500 threads! I'm happy to have been with you all for nearly a year now!

And thank you Molli and all our other talented artists!

It hasn't been my best year by a long shot but you guys have really been great throughout. After LiS broke me it's been a journey fixing myself again, even if I'm only just starting.

Here's to the next 500!

even more leaks

That's so awesome, Molli!

Everything about it makes me smirk, in jest, and in joy.

So, prequel talk. Do you think we'll get to control Rachel, or Chloe?

I'm not sure it's clear from any of the screenshots we have so far. A good case could be made for both, although I think I'd err on the side of Rachel. Chloe's already much more established as a character, so it makes sense for Rachel to be the one with the player-choice dialogue trees. Further, if supernatural powers are involved, it doesn't make sense for Chloe to be their yielder given that they're never mentioned in Season 1 (issues about rewinds/amnesia from previous threads ignored).

So, it'll be Rachel, yeah?

My theory:

If Rachel has time powers, the prequel's plot will noticeably diverge from information given about Rachel and Chloe's time together during S1.
Rachel won't get close to Jefferson or Frank, she won't get kidnapped or killed, and from the locations of the leaks, she and Chloe will actually try to run away, either because of a new foe (Prescott family?) or because they want to be free of AB. She might still get the bloodoath with instead Chloe however, for explanation of her reincarnation as the spirit doe.

Shit goes down that causes Rachel to overuse her powers, possibly an unavoidable event that causes Chloe to be killed, and she overuses her powers, photojumping too much and too far back, in order to change things so that event never occurs.

This causes her to "wake up" dead, as her changes led her to hook up with Frank, keep Chloe in the dark, get involved with Jefferson and ultimately be killed. She realizes this is at least a lesser evil than Chloe getting killed, but she also realizes her abuse of powers caused a tear in space-time, which will lead into the storm. Finally, Rachel gives her powers to Max when noticing Chloe in danger again, and hopes Max will make the correct decisions.

I really like this one

We'll control Chloe, and in the end she'll have to make a similar choice to the Bay ending, where she goes back in time to stop herself from ever discovering her powers, but she doesnt do it in a way that keeps the timeline 100% intact like Max did. It'd be more analogous to Max going back and pressing the fire alarm during Bay. She doesnt discover her powers, but she still changes time. This change will be why the universe wants her dead so much in S1.

Looks like a TF2 map

What if its co op

I think it will be Rachel, yes.

Simply because the amnesia/rewind thing would be hella lame, and without those, there's really no story there for Chloe. Fire Walk With Me follows Laura; this will follow Rachel, exploring her mystery and elaborating her tragedy.

Split-screen Life is Strange action! We give you what Halo won't! Beat up punks together!

...To be honest, if "Idol Minds'" (now Deck Nine) history of games is anything to go by, it wouldn't even surprise me (well, of course it would, but still).

>This change will be why the universe wants her dead so much in S1.

I like your theory, but most of her deaths are basically her fault other than the bullet ricochet and the AU car crash, and the former was foreshadowed by the bullet ricocheting like crazy in previous shot (and could be avoided entirely). I never got the impression that the universe wanted her dead, except for the bay ending, which goes against all logic and themes set up by the game anyway

>She has been having visions that don't make sense to her
>They only last a few seconds at most but they always leave her staring ahead and spaced out after seeing them
>Things such as a beach with dying whales, dead brids, a freight train speeding down the tracks while frantically trying to stop, and a massive storm approaching the town she so desperately wants to leave
>That last one has appeared a few times but she can only look ahead towards the town, when she tries to turn around to see what's behind her, all she sees is white
>She doesn't tell anyone
>She doesn't want to worry Chloe and make her think that something is wrong, Frank will probably just say it's a reaction to the drugs they do, Mark doesn't want to hear it
>Maybe the visions have something to do with what that janitor from Blackwell told her
>....
>The night of the Vortex Club party
>Chloe tries to get her to stay and hangout, but she leaves for the party after saying goodbye
>Chloe is looking at that picture of her old friend again
>She is at the party
>She hears Nathan and Victoria talking in the corner, Victoria is telling Nathan to calm down and stop freaking out
>Did she just hear Nathan say something about a storm?
>Victoria notices her approaching and walks off, giving her a mean look as they walk by each other
>She goes to ask Nathan if she heard him right
>He looks at her and then looks at something behind her
>Rachel turns around and catches a brief glimpse of Mark
>She feels something poke into the back her neck

I could see it, but this is problematic considering that Max herself uses her powers to change things that affect Rachel, in one timeline completely being erased from Chloe's life - and still ending up missing (though it could be argued she actually ran away here, but a counter-argument would be that her parents are actually searching for her, in this reality, whereas they'd just assumed she'd run off in the one where she had been killed).

I guess the prequel could explain that Chloe saved Rachel's life as much as the inverse. That if Rachel drifts away from Chloe (or never meets her) she dies. It could put a ying-yang twist on their story

>mfw E3 is just 2 weeks away

>1.5 weeks*

Thanks, anons! Sorry it's just a quick sketch. I should be asleep already.

I know I don't come here as much anymore, since I've been having adventures with my own 'Chloe', but I still don't know how I would've gotten through 2015/16 without you all. I'm glad /lisg/ lives on.

they are gonna reveal the game during the Sony conference, right?

It's been a while. Happy 500 /lisg/!

Nice.

You're gonna make it, user!

And I'm glad you live on, even if it's just on rare occasions that you do so in here.

Goodnight, then.

Wowser, everyone's chiming back in, huh.

That's really nice and super comfy.

>mfw this is the first E3 I've been unironically exited for in years

Same. I have hopes for that Spyro trilogy remake becoming a reality due to how much attention the Crash one has been getting.

Also the potential of Life Is Strange stuff of course.

Does Square Enix have a conference or anything? If so then it'll be revelead by them because
>"Deck Nine have signed a partnership deal with a leading AAA videogame publisher and are deep in development on their first title, a brand new addition to a critically acclaimed franchise. More info will be revealed about this narrative adventure game at E3 in June"

I don't know if Sony is considered publisher per se and didn't Squenix acquire right for 'Life is Strange' name anyway?

Crossover with Adalia Rose in Arcadia Bay, when?

>....
>She slowly opens her eyes and realizes where she is
>This is the place Mark has brought her a few times for photo shoots
>She sees Mark and Nathan
>They realize she's awake, stop what they're doing, and approach her, looking down at her
>Why aren't they helping her?
>They look disappointed that she seems to be alert
>Aren't these her friends?
>She pieces things together and remembers the party
>She suddenly realizes she is restrained with tape
>Her confusion turns to anger as she glares at them
>Mark kneels to her level
>She is blinded by the flash of a camera
>Mark looks at her for a few seconds
>Mark turns to Nathan and angrily berates him, raising his hand to hit him as Nathan cowers and apologizes
>Mark calmly lowers his hand and gives Nathan a syringe and tells him to "fix it"
>Nathan crawls towards her, he's crying and blubbering
>Nathan is whispering that he's sorry
>She feels another pinch
>Things slow down
>She closes her eyes, for the last time
>....
>She's dead, she knows it
>She feels like she's floating in the air except all is white
>The white becomes colors and forms a familiar scene
>She's on the cliff as the storm approaches the town again
>She hears rustling behind her
>Out of reflex she tries to turn around
>She does
>She sees another girl, wearing a grey hoodie and pink shirt, a bag with a strap slung around her shoulder, making her way up to the top of the hill
>Before she can get a look at the girl's face, the image fades away and the white returns
>She hears waves behind her and feels warmth on her neck
>She spins around and sees a new scene
>Two standing people, who she can see the backs of
>It's Chloe and that girl in the hoodie, they're looking out beyond the cliff
>There's no storm
>Only a beautiful sunset and calm ocean
>The two girls are holding hands and watching it together
>She's confused
>She knows one thing: she has to find that girl
So ends the story of Rachel Amber, and so begins the story of Max Caulfield.

but rachel is max

Great work, Molli! Glad you could make it!
>Horny in the truck with Alice and Lisa
You. are. awesome.

>deckninegames.com is still down

>Square disowned them because of the sloppy leaks
Sad face.

Gee, it's almost like someone went to one of the sites with a large group of LiS fans and that is monitored by DONTNOD and publicly posted that leaks were discovered

What's the date for the Square Enix conference?

>inb4 "LiS isn't exclusively yours /lisg/ hurr durr"

>inb4 the game gets delayed due to leaks

>inb4 the prequel is cancelled

We have such awesome artists

This better not fucking happen. And it probably wont, I can't remember any game getting delayed because of leaks in the recent years

Wait, why in the fuck would that happen?
The devs clearly "leaked" the game themselves to build up hype for it.

And decided to delete their obviously unsecure website? Nah dude

I don't think it will get delayed. but they will be sure to keep a tight lid on things from now on and only make announcements and release info when *they* want. Decknine is probably going through their entire site and erasing 'confidential' stuff and putting passwords on things. Which is why it's currently down (or it was overloaded by traffic)
Only time I can remember a game getting delayed due to leaks was Half-Life 2 and that was because Valve had to remake significant parts of it.

If Decknine said they would have an announcement at E3 then I'm just about sure they will still go ahead with it. They may just add in "Some very dedicated fans may already be aware..." before going into announcing what they planned.

Why would it be cancelled because of leaks. There's not even any reason for it to be delayed because of them.

I mean, it looks like the game has been in development for a year or more at this point. Most of the leaked screenshots were uploaded in October of last year. Season 1 only had a year or so of proper development before announcement, which is the state the prequel seems to be at now. There's just way too much of it done for them to cancel now.

As long as it's halfway decent, it'll print money. "Oh no, our announcement was messed up a little" isn't any reason to cancel a significantly developed game.

I'd be more willing to believe that if the screenshots hadn't been sitting there for like 8 months.

I bet it gets revealed at E3 and comes out later this year.

>Wowser, everyone's chiming back in, huh.
Yes. Every hedonistic worshipper of sapphism is coming out of their dens as the Jew owned entertainment industry continues to fan their wicked, lustful fantasies.

>Gee, it's almost like someone went to one of the sites with a large group of LiS fans and that is monitored by DONTNOD and publicly posted that leaks were discovered
You mean, Veeky Forums?

At least we made it to 500 guys. Let's just be happy and cutepost for a thread.

Cuties in love

I stand by my release estimates from the last thread. It's seriously unlikely that they'd want to be trying to keep to a release schedule for later episodes which extend over the Christmas period. So if it's going to be released in 2017, the delay between episodes will need to be unreasonably short, or they'd have to have fewer episodes (or some combination of the two). The former is probably unrealistic, although I'd suspect they might put a little more thought into the time budget this time around, though the latter might be the case.

If it's going to get a 2017 release, it needs to drop very soon. Otherwise, an early 2018 release seems the more reasonable bet. One would assume that the 2018 E3 event will focus on Season 2, with it's subsequent release in early 2019.

Further, I can't imagine that both of these game's release schedules would overlap at all. There'd need to be a little bit of time following the prequel's final episode before Season 2 can drop. So even if the prequel episodes are released fairly rapidly, it's unlikely there'd be enough time in the rest of 2018 to fully release Season 2 before Christmas.

So I'd suggest the best bet is 2018 prequel, 2019 sequel.