Miata 1.8l

So Im looking at getting a 94-99 miata and welding the diff and make a fun weekender/drift car...

My question is do I have to completely remove the diff or can I raise it take the cover off and have my buddy do it on the spot?

Just get one w/ a stock LSD...

I will hunt you down and weld your dick the diff.

Drain half the oil out and fill the rest will flour. It will work about as well.

>welding the diff

might as well drive it off a cliff or throw rocks into the valve cover.

why ruin a good car with a LSD when you can get a much cheaper 90-93' or NB miata and ruin that instead?

unless its rusted to shit you're doing nothing but paying more for the same product

you're not taking any dates out in a welded diff, and you can slide around plenty with nice, shitty tires on a stock miata with or without an LSD

lol, why so butthurt, boys? What's wrong with welding diff? Almost free vs 500$ or more for lsd.

>or without an LSD
>1wd drifting
how fun

you completely destroy any resale value that you might have gotten out of the car. welding your diff is literally worse than having a rebuilt title.

How much for junkyard diff? I bet it's dirt cheap, you can put it on car for when you put it on sale.

It blows on the street.

I would take it out and bench weld it just to make sure you can get adequate material into it.

Really, it blows on the street.

Once more, It blows on the street.

Just so you understand. If you're ever going to drive it on the street and not just trailer it to the track, it blows on the street.

its going to be a lot more money and time than just putting in an LSD in the first place.

A buddy of mine has a 325i with a welded diff and its fun to drive around, idgaf about resale ride quality any of that.... simple question can i weld it without taking the whole diff out

>Veeky Forums gets this assblasted over cheap beaters with welded diffs
lmao

>implying stock worn out lsd will have enough friction left in it to allow 2wd drifting

buy a spool

Do it right you fucking moron, drop the couple hundred on a Trutrac and enjoy the best of both worlds.

The cover on a mx5 diff is one piece with the arms that bolt to the rear subframe, so you might as well just take the whole thing out

If you're going for a locked diff, get a minispool.

It's just a chunk of metal that replaces the spider gears, locks everything up stronger than a shoddily welded diff and it lets you convert it back to factory once you're done shredding tires.

>implying stock lsd isnt better than fucking welded diffs

this board is cancer

Drifting is lame
Miatas are terrible drift cars