Discuss the M240i Veeky Forums

Discuss the M240i Veeky Forums

Great car for the price, I'm saving for an M2 though

The M2 isn't much more in burgerland. My concern is that the M2 is more stiffly sprung and NY roads are rape on cars and my back already.

thinking about getting an M2 too, but for about the same price you can get a used 981 cayman S or alfa 4c or a very nice 997.2 CS...

>used porsche
Not rich enough for that man, plus I'd like to work on the car myself.

>alfa 4c
Not an alfa fan, I think the 4c is really ugly anyway

I understand what you mean, our roads here in cali aren't very smooth either but I figure the suspension is probably adjustable to some degree.

The 55-60k range has some nice options.

>M2
>RS3
>S4
>S5
>C43 AMG

Can we fast forward to tax return time?

this thing is on the way too, can't fucking wait to finally see it this October

The only one besides the M2 that interests me is the RS3

Oh yeah, pretty hype for that and I'm not even a toyota fan.

Nice car, but yeah the price is too close to the M2. It would make more sense if they could get the price down to $40k.

A great car but not worth the price BMW charges. You'd be better off with a Camaro for the same price.

I dislike the how the frame over the side window the gets awkwardly fat but the wrap might be throwing it off.

Always this fucking guy lmao

Do you want a BMW? YES
do you like the original M3? Yes
Do you plan on going to the track?
Yes ->///M2
No->///M240i

The 240 is a great car and does well on the track and great on the road.
The M2 costs more for features that are great on the track but annoying or irrelevant on the road.

I wouldn't pay for them unless you were planning on tracking it.

The
M240i is pretty damn good on a track already

prove me wrong

Ok, i'll prove it:
The Camaro is cheaply built redneck trash.

actually, reviews put interior quality of the Camaro on par with the M3. and the rest of it is solidly built. You may complain about outward visibility, butthat's one of the few legitimate complaints.
Cheaply built redneck trash would be the Challenger and Mustang's thing, not the Camaro.
And the Camaro outperforms the BMW for the price.

>M3 interior is on par with the Camaro
Holy fuck i want to see that review which put the Camaro interior on par with the M3.
So what if the Camaro is 5% better on track the 2 series is a much nicer car to live with every day and it's a also very capable performance car.

>do you want a bmw? yes
>do you like the original m3? yes.
so buy the affordable e46?

Hahaha no. I've driven both. The Camaro has a fine interior but the car has cheap GM interior, which is traditional and fine for the car, but its not even close to the M3 and doesn't try to bee

thanks that actually helps alot

>it's an Veeky Forums compares vehicles they've never test driven or even seen in person episode

Get the m240 if you like:
fake exhaust noise piped into the cabin
awful exhaust sound from the outside
one-wheel burnouts from lack of lsd
auto rev matching
numb steering

The lack of steering feel being the chief reason I wouldn't fuck with any of the F-series bmws. Test drive one and stop watching motortrend yewtewbs or whatever.

>
>better brakes, suspension, and overall driving experience is only for track use

What a fag. The only people who think like this are those that are too poor to afford the real M and are grasping at straws for justification. If you just want a fast runway racer that's not a real M or going to be tracked, get a later e9x 335, throw on a $500 tune with some bolt-ons, and call it a day while saving boatloads of money.

M240i doesn't have the "active sound"
LSD is available
Auto rev matching is only on during sport mode plus (it can still be turned off)
The steering is accurate as fuck
Retard

>M240i doesn't have the "active sound"
"Active sound" like on the M5 is an exterior recording of the exterior exhaust that plays through the speakers at certain rpm ranges and throttle loads and can be modded out. The M240 has a microphone in the engine bay that plays through the speakers at all times and cannot be modded out.

>LSD is available
Let me guess, some shitty quaife that costs $2000 before installation?

>Auto rev matching is only on during sport mode plus
Wrong. It's only off during sport plus. It's on in every other mode and the car cannot be programmed to start in anything but comfort mode.

>The steering is accurate as fuck
yeah it's accurate but that's what a steering wheel is supposed to be you moolie. The issue is that it's numb as fuck and you can't feel any feedback from the road like previous models. It feels like a video game wheel.

benchrace more.

>auto rev matching

What do people have against this?

I don't want a computer driving for me unless I specifically tell it to. Nailing a perfect downshift is one of the few joys I have left.

>numb steering

thats like against every review I read

This is a car not the latest anime video game.

go to dealership
test drive e9x
then test drive f8x

if you enjoy the difference you are objectively shit.

You hold the DSC button for about 5 seconds and the auto throttle blip is gone, simple as that.
LSD is a OEM option you get with M Performance parts. You couldn't even get the LSD on non-M E9x models and installing it was pretty difficult.
I've owned a E90 330i with the M sport package.
The F30 early electric power steering was pretty shit but the new racks in facelift models have been so finely tuned, probably the best EPS on a car ever.

Really good looking car, especially from the rear like in your pic. Pretty decent value overall, too.

>main bearing rebuild
>affordable
>subframe repair
>affordable
"No"

I want one. Could afford one, but don't think a car will be worth that kind of money. M140i is a better investment

Nice Car!

I cross shopped one with a bunch of other stuff before getting a 1LE camaro. Biggest reason was the ~$8k price delta between the 2. Also learned a couple things:

>BMW STILL charges $1k for a backup camera
>BMW doesnt make the manual transmission a reduced cost option. They just make the automatic standard and the manual a no cost option
>

and I owned an e90 335i, anyone who says theres a huge difference between a lower end BMW interior and the 6th gen camaro interior is retarded

On the M2 the DCT transmission costs like 8k more than the manual

this thread is about the m240i

>BMW doesnt make the manual transmission a reduced cost option. They just make the automatic standard and the manual a no cost option
I assumed you were talking about bmw in general

what the fuck

it's actually only $2900 extra

Ah yeah, my bad

I hear the DCT is a better gearbox overall than the manual so it might be the worth it

Ugly unreliable trash

Spoke to a friend who said that the 330 and 320i interiors are noticebly more shitty than say a 340i

Yup, 3ers can vary wildly in the interior trim. The lower end models tend to be rather spartan whereas pretty much any 5er/6er/7er is going to be luxurious inside.

whatever, there still isnt much difference with each one having pros and cons

I would bet the GM interior is wornout and shit looking in 2 years

The Camaro was completely redesigned in 2016 you tard. Not a single part was carried over beyond the Tremec TR6060 transmission.

It's unironically one of my dream cars. But it has some problems.

1. No DCT. Even Volkswagen can fit a decent DCT in their econoboxes. The ZF is good, don't get me wrong, but for that price you should be giving us something better.

2. Meme AWD. Throwing a diff in the front is not AWD you retarded krauts. I know it's a RWD based chassis but fucking keep it that way then.

3. Too expensive, barely any different from the 235i (I think they went from the N55 to the B58). Would rather get an M2 or some other car completely at that price point

4. Not even that fast. A Golf R would run circles around it in any performance test. Only thing it has going for it is luxury/style

Besides that, I like it.

Camaro interior may look cooler, but it'd be IMMENSELY easier to see out the right.

ignore htis faggot. He's clearly a bus rider.

why the fuck would you want track suspension in a daily commuter. The BMW 240i is stiff enough t get annoying let alone ///M breaks.

Then your going on and on about the breaks like anyone off a track is going to overheat the breaks where the 'upgrade' would even be needed.

Also, the sound dampening in these cars is too much so you can't hear the revs. Mic'ing the engine is literally because you need to hear it to drive it properly. There is literally nothing wrong with this. Only the i8 has 'fake' engine noise.

You should also just look at the ///M2 vs the 240i. The ///M2 is a bigger car. You literally wont use the extra features unless you track it. The whole reason the ///M240 is called the ///M240 is because its literally smaller than the ///M2 and the M division wanted to offer it with the sport upgrades on the 2 series.