/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Thread NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

I love Ann!

Bow down to the queen of /pg/, Futaba!

Kawakami is the most beautiful cake in the world!

robot is forever!!

Best woman, best wife, best cake.
Claimed.

Add more date events to P5!
Teaching Sadayo how to make coffe and curry!
Teaching Sadayo how to make infiltration tools!
See Sadayo go pray at the shrine for Joker!
See Sadayo cry when she finds out I turned myself in.
Go on a hot springs date with Sadayo where she washes my back and I wash her hair then we get in a mixed bath together!
Go on a formal date with Sadayo where she wears a fancy dress and gets all dolled up just for you!
Joker moves back to Tokyo after finishing high school and is living together with Sadayo!
Eating Traditional Japanese breakfast with Sadayo!
Go fishing with Sadayo on Sundays and catch the Guardian together!
Visiting Sadayo at her place!
Going home together with Sadayo!
Sadayo visiting Joker's family!
Joker visiting Sadayo's family!
Joker proposing in front of all his friends!
Traditional wedding "Happily Ever After" timeskip event!

>3DPD
OUT OUT OUT

I like dark souls/bloodborne, MGS etc. Will I like Persona5? I'm open-minded.

Makoto is for teasing

We literally just used this OP image you fucking idiot.

Where are my Pixie doujins?

Futaba a Cute-aba

First for Door-tan!

Entering relations with your own Persona

>I'll Kill you, Surpass All Good Tora...and become the Savior of Japan.
>You can keep the Cute Nickname, but there can only be one Savior.

>Makoto x Haru
>Anne x Ryuji
>Futaba x Yusuke
>Joker x Goro

Daily reminder that this is the optimal pairing in P5

Futaba cosplayers are mostly cute!

I want to break Makoto's bones

Fuck you nigger you just made me go through the last 15 threads and none of them used that image. And even if it had been used recently I don't give a fuck I just didn't want another fucking Goro birthday OP.

she's such a qt

i always try to negotiate with her when in battle than just destroy her

None of those are turn based RPGs though.
I mean of all the games, this is probably the easiest to get into.

How would you fix him?

Why can't we celebrate Goro's birthday user?

Also the artist of the image is a Shuake shipper lmao

The cutest!
Not the OP but I just checked the last week of threads and not seen it. I know it's been used but not that recently. Funnily enough, the kawakami copypaste image has been used twice for the OP in the last week.
>we still haven't used the OP image that user artistically made with requested memes

>P5 Crimson lets Sae join the party
>but only Shadow Sae
y/n

Hugs

First start by removing testicles.

I LOVE MAI MAKOTO!
And i love you too, /pg/, even with all the shit you throw me.

All I want is to get rid of the anime scene where he shoots Joker and laughs

Also maybe fix the television station scene. That was pretty bad

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

Claiming this beautiful, buxom, blonde bombshell.
Best model.
Most compassionate.
I'm so proud of Ann. I love her.

Whos the seme and whos the uke?

What's up with her face? jesus
I mean, I've seen friends absolutely ADDICTED to RPGs like FF. I just always thought maybe I missed out.

No, he fucking didn't. He never did. The kind of person that could play P4 and say that they relate to Adachi is the same kind of worthless person that would go on the internet and identify as a homosexual for attention. It's just random shit to say to get reactions out of other people, which is incidentally actually what keeps Veeky Forums alive.

I've heard theories that the anime cutscenes were done by a studio which wasn't entirely on the same page as Atlus. Which wouldn't surprise me.

How does that even work?

N
I want Sae without the dumb makeup and for her gun to be less Liefeld

>I've heard theories that the anime cutscenes were done by a studio which wasn't entirely on the same page as Atlus. Which wouldn't surprise me.
Honestly the writing staff in Atlus were never on the same page either.

>The thing about his writing as it is that I want most changed is the anime cutscene of him shooting Joker. I think that alone would clear up a lot of the negative feelings towards him.

I don't see this ever being changed. Not only is it the biggest shock value ingame but Atlus won't overhaul his character, they will just add stuff to it. So they'd just add a scene where Akechi regrets or feels bad about killing Joker.

Thing about Akechi's popularity is that Atlus won't know what side of him made him popular in the first place: his nice guy side or his psychopath side. How will they portray him from here on? How will they appease waifufags who probably hated him while keeping fujos on the ride? Only time will tell.

Adachi is /r9k/.

Also applicabale to certain FGC and Esports people
Like FreeLG

What was it about that scene that made people mad, was it the fact that Goro smiled?

Your Waifu is Wonderful.

90% of all Goro fanart is about him being nice, or being fucked while being nice. It's not very hard to figure out.

finally managed to complete this long-ass game. what a WILD ride, thank you japan for this amazing game!!~

I wish I had been able to max out more confidants though

Goodnight, /pg/.

Well played.

I know. Thank you.

The inconsistencies don't end with the anime cutscenes. Even the character writing in the main story vs their confidants seems they were done by different people.

His slasher smile, his lack of hesitation for shooting Joker (a person he apparently 'liked') and his complete lack of remorse as he walks out the room.

It made his 'bond' with Joker an absolute joke.

>Joker after going to the gym enough time
Holy fuck I'm laughing at him beating the wooden dummy

Akechi is generally an absolute joke of a character.

>The inconsistencies don't end with the anime cutscenes. Even the character writing in the main story vs their confidants seems they were done by different people.
I never really got this beyond "but if I finish the link early, he seems more mature than he is in the story by that point."

>2 scoops

You really think no one identifies with Adachi? I don't think it's all just random trolling. There are people who buy into that kind of personality.

Yours too.

I can't wait for Persona 5 Akechi Goro of the Resurrection!

I always thought the scariest part of Adachi was that I know people like that.

>Yet another cute image of Makoto cuz i don't want to spam.png
Much thanks!

>people still don't understand him
It's not fair bros

You haven't seen 90% of Goro fanart then. Alot of fujos like his twisted side and make him into a yandere who fucks Joker's boipussy.

I felt like this with Ann/Ryuji in particular.

So, do the shadows have feelings, or are they totally imaginary, like the cognitive people?

What was Shido doing at night in a bumfuck city? He could have date a high-end scort or anything instead of going to a small city, getting drunk and rape a woman he doesn¡t even know.

>I've heard theories that the anime cutscenes were done by a studio which wasn't entirely on the same page as Atlus. Which wouldn't surprise me.

Yes that's what I'm basing this on. It seems like the anime cutscenes have some errors. I think maybe Atlus didn't decide on Goro being more sympathetic until after the cutscene had been commissioned.

They could do a cutscene where he doesn't smile like crazy.

I think when Atlus brings Goro back, he'll be a mix of edgy, tsundere, and atoner. Maybe a touch of childish too. I don't think he would have his old detective prince personality back.

A lot of other fujos like yandere Goro, but I don't. I like some edgy stuff, but I think crazy Goro got shut down too quickly and Joker is too defiant and cocky.

They're not real people. They're just an aspect of the person in question given form.

imagine your hand.
it is one big entity with smaller tentacles hanging off of it.
"you" are the index finger. the shadow is the ring finger.

>rape a woman he doesn¡t even know.
Pretty sure he knew her since she knew how much influence he had.

Assuming things about other people is sometimes a bad move, you sometimes run the risk of making up a person in your mind that is in no way close to the one in front of you.

Fuuka post dedicated to knowing people for who they truly are!

>a bumfuck city

Sumaru City is pretty huge, user.

Of course
That's how Makoto was able to talk Shadow Sae into remembering who she was, which triggered her Change of Heart despite not actually stealing her treasure

>don't judge a book by its cover

you could have just said that

Would have been nice if you could have finished his confidant earlier and if you still got the bad ending he's hesitant and remorseful about killing Joker.

I prefer the angsty stuff like this. Goro deserves to be punished for what he's done, because he's been a very bad boy.

Oh sorry, by shadow I actually meant the demons guarding the palaces / wandering Mementos.

wouldnt these two be the robots

Sure, but I like being a bit more specific and pointing out what could happen if you DO judge it by the cover.

They're aspects of people as a whole. They're fragments of the suppressed parts of all of humanity.

I definitely want to see some sort of real social like with Goro. I'm hoping for an Adjustment social link, which would make a ton of sense with him.

So they're not actually independent beings? Demon genocide can be the best day of my life, and I don't have to feel bad?

>A lot of other fujos like yandere Goro, but I don't. I like some edgy stuff, but I think crazy Goro got shut down too quickly and Joker is too defiant and cocky.
It wouldn't surprise me. Just as some guys love the yandere stuff a lot of girls seem to like guys (at least in fiction) who do things that are warning signs at best, cause for immediate arrest at worst.

This.

I hate moeshit interpretations of Goro that make him happy and loved by the PT/Joker. It's disgusting and inaccurate. I'm more interested in the angsty, gritty bond that's present in the game. Goro isn't a bad person but he's wholeheartedly selfish until his last moments and his suffer is a bit self inflicted. He had much room for change but didn't.

Yeah

They're not really sentient, from what I can tell. Until they develop their own ego and become Teddie. Because shit is weird in Persona.

Who are you REALLY, FuukaAnon?

Akechi's confidant being automatic makes it a mess.

>"The Phantom Thieves are villains!"
>"Go away."
>"I like you, let's be friends."
>JUSTICE CONFIDANT

>"I like this coffee shop."
>"Please leave."
>"Oh ok, btw i'm a orphan."
>RANK UP

At least with Adachi in Golden, by making his link optional, it's clear that you're making an attempt to reach out to him. You could tell Mishima to fuck off in his confidant too, but at least you bothered to spend time with him to do so.

>a social link with a dead guy would make sense
wew lad.

Not him but
>Akinari

jesus why are fujos so edgy?

Akinari was dying and not dead.

>I'm more interested in the angsty, gritty bond that's present in the game. Goro isn't a bad person but he's wholeheartedly selfish until his last moments and his suffer is a bit self inflicted. He had much room for change but didn't.
I'd say he is a bad person, but the way I like him is that he didn't have to be. I like the Goro who is conflicted and who could have been like the PT if he had the right support, but didn't and went down the wrong path because of it. But by the time we meet him, he's already too far gone to be forgiven or saved.

He's dead at rank 7 and the next ranks are with is ghost

I don't think we're on the same page buddy. I think he can try to have fun after he's tried to make up for what he's done. But until that, suffering time. I do agree with Futaba - it's never too late to start over.

Also if anyone has any more edgy/angsty Goro art please post it.

I've never liked yandere in general but Goro doesn't seem like a yandere character to me

It's fun to see cute boys suffer

>blow him off every time I talk to him
>he dies
>RANK 10
>nobody even cares he died 10 minutes later
What a great character.

I would ironically wear a Get Smoked hat unironically.

>A social link with a dead character
Wakaba is mai waifu!

if you don't shut up about fucking goro I swear to fucking god talk about something else talk abotu ANYTHING else just for the love of god stop talking about his stupid ass
NO ONE gives a fuck how popular he is in Japan or how the west can't understand shit or they forgot to change thing X Y or Z. No one gives a shit about what line of the game you overinterpreted or what fucking artbook quote explains
Goro is a fucking bitch. A fucking BITCH, and that is literally all he is ever going to be now and for fucking ever. And if you dumb fucks REALLY think that P5AG is going to be a fucking Goro spinoff of all fucking things you're beyond fucking delusional. It will never be, in a thousand fucking years, because that piece of shit will never sell, not here not in Japan and not anywhere fucking else for that matter. He's literally the worst thing that ever happened to this series, ruined the high that came from much better villains like Adachi and even fucking Sho, and they will never be able to take it back ever. P5 was a fucking massive mistake just because it created this stupid piece of shit that makes this general more insufferable than the waifufags and that is a fucking massive accomplishment. There is no single thing that they could ever do past this point that would be any worse than this fucking bitch ass and you pieces of shit need to get the fuck over yourselves and this victoria's secret mother fucker that will never fuck you because he isn't fucking real.

Yes and his social link was basically centered around inevitable end and acceptance of it. And thus it made sense.
Akechi was a faggot, died like a bitch and that's it. Nobody cares.

>I've never liked yandere in general but Goro doesn't seem like a yandere character to me
I wasn't really trying to call him a yandere so much as point out some people seem to be turned on by things which, to a sane person, would be massive blinding warning signs that say "For the love of god, do not be in a relationship with this garbage fire of a person." Like stalking. And attempted murder.

They fuggin?