Whatever happened to coupes being small cars?

Whatever happened to coupes being small cars?

Safety regulations.

bentley doesn't count, idiot

That's what your mom said to her doctor after he told her that she's too fat to fit into any car on the market but that didn't stop her.

Dunno, but apparently they're starting to figure out that the kind of people who buy coupes want small, light, flingy things.

>what is the Hyundai Genesis coupe
>What is the GT86 and BRZ
>What is Miata RF

two of which are full sized cars idiot

Fucking millenials thats what

Sacrificing practicality for muh sleekness

>millennials buy gazillion dollar Bentleys

OK

>coupes
>Small
Yurop leave

Wut

I've got a question. Why the fuck to we have pic related?

>S4 is 4 door sedan with a supercharged v6 making 333hp
>S5 is a 2 door coupe with a turbocharged 3.0L V6 making 354hp
>S7 is a 4 door sedan with a 4.0L V8 making 450hp

So clearly Audi needed to make a 4 door S5. What for? Why? And for whom? I saw one today and was honestly baffled

Do you want that in Chrysler, Lincoln, or Dodge?
So you like that Toyota? Let me show you this Lexus.

Just buy the fucking thing asshole, just pick how much HP you want >:( YOU SAID YOU WANTED 3 AND A HALF DOORS SO I CAN TALK TO THE MANAGER AND GET YOU A GOOD LOAN.

Pardon me, the 2018 s4 also has the 3.0L V6 turbo. So it has 354hp, same as S5 sedan.

Adding insult to injury...
>S4 sedan
>curb weight 3858lb
>10.898 lb/hp
>0-60 in 4.4s (audi quote)

>s5 sedan
>curb weight 3942lb
>11.136 lb/hp
>0-60 in 4.3s (audi quote)

I smell bullshit on the 0-60 times given the other specs. But none of this justifies introducing a sedan version of the s5.

I would never buy an Audi because I put a lot of miles on my cars and I'm well aware that Audis turn into grenades around 65k-70k miles. It's the same thing as the BMW 650i and 650i "Gran Sport"

BM introduced it to compete with the MB CLS, a car that was never a 2dr coupe to begin with. What a bag of turds idea.

Asshole

Suspension setup, tires, and gearing can make that .1 second of a difference.

I had a cousin who bought an S4 because of some job windfall or something, but he brought around and let us all have a bit of fun in it. Nice stuff. Even showed us how it came with warning signs in the trunk you could put out.

He got rid of it after a year or so and got something that made more sense. Call me poor, but I'm happy paying a third of the cost for a pocket rocket grocery getter.

Murica leave with your shitty small shopping cart.

well there is also the bmw 4 series grand coupe. the 4 door version of the 2 door version of the 4 door version of the 3 series.

>Bentley
>small

This guy gets it. Redundancy to the max. Whenever I see someone driving one of these I instantly think they're a twat

I'm not calling you poor, I'm calling you smart. I feel the same way and dislike buying cars brand new when there are so many deals to be had on models 1-3 years old. Obviously a used WRX is always a bad idea but there are plenty of options

I'm aware this isn't a Bentley but still... nuts