youtube.com/watch?v=bY7aRJE-oOY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGv_-a8GBhY
youtube.com/watch?v=fvyrEhAMUPo
youtube.com/watch?v=5h3mAosOf30
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462503040
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for gameplay

>tfw in the 10% level design 90% playtest phase of development
I don't hate playing my game but goddamn.

>tfw spent hours trying to match my mesh to the ue4 mannequin but this is all I can do

I just can't do it. I've built the ue4 skeleton from scratch, copied it from the guy, used automatic weights, manual weights but this is the best I've gotten and I just can't be fucked anymore.

Should I just make all my models and my game, then at the end pay someone to rig them to be retargetable to the UE4 mannequin (so I can just buy animations off the marketplace because too poor to commission that many)? Is that even a service people offer?

Willing to do art for the right project, tell me about your game

What painting engine do you use?

Just make your own animations dude, it's not that hard.

is this your model?

It's from a tutorial I followed on meme poly but yeah. I plan to put a little more effort smoothing out the face when I make my actual models

this looks bad

I'm not here to meme, I'm here to work on a game. If you're not interested, just move along.

How do you figure out exactly what the "core" gameplay of your game project is and how to improve it?

If you're making something more complex then a simple puzzle game or platformer, how do you know what element is most important to focus on?

Anyone got some good GDC talks or other vids? They're comfy to listen to while learning for exams instead of making games ;_;

what kinda game are you making model looks cute

I'm not pretending it looks good. But it took about ten minutes fucking around without any references.

>acting like hes got his shit down

lean that torso forward at least

well dont say its not hard because youre clearly half assing it in the first place man

a adventure game with gay furry girls (female)
with realtime fluid sim for the water park it takes place in do you do 2.5d

>this isnt so hard look at my example
>its SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

every time

>making a 3D game

>I'm not here to meme
>no portfolio, not even a single pic

>playtesting

this will make you hate your game, i can't stand to look at it anymore

the whole "making a game because it's what i want to play" thing is a meme said by people that haven't been there

Do you have a game and looking for an artist or are you just being obnoxious?

It's not my design, I just followed this tutorial youtube.com/watch?v=RflLHYcrDmw but kept the coat as a separate object because I'm practising an equipment system. I don't think it's meant for use with the smooth shader though which is partly the reason why her face looks fucked up (alongside my skills).

For my game I'm making Skyrim 2

lol what, i had a game i almost couldnt finish because it was so fun to play

Which sprite style do you prefer?
Or are they both dogshit?

right

why does a t-rex even have arms when they're so tiny and ineffectual

>Update
right

literally can't work on my game because playing it is so much more fun even though its shit

>he doesn't enjoy playing his own game
not

>couldn't finish

you haven't been there, playing for fun and playing for debugging/stress testing are different things

are you going to post your art or are you just here to shitpost and wonder why nobody cares?

are you not interested in my game they can be gay furry girls (male) if that's more up your ally

>you haven't got fucked by a tranny

you're right i haven't, what are you trying to say?

>still thinking I posted this webm as if it was a serious thing
Read the bloody filename.
Basic walk/interaction animations aren't hard, there are thousands of references, all it takes is patience and attention.

>I've built the ue4 skeleton from scratch
Built or imported from a trustworthy source ? It can make a huge difference

As it is, right. But if it was done better (shading, outlines), Left would be more interesting.

Not if you're going to be so hostile. But I also think you are just picking a fight, and don't even have a game, let alone looking for an artist, so no skin off my back.

Not him but you are a retard.

>Hey I'm an artist, here's no evidence whatsoever, waste your time trying to court me even though you have no idea if I can actually even draw.

Guaranteed you are shit at it by the way if you didn't immediately post pictures.

I exported the ue4 third person mesh from UE4 and imported it into blender. Then first I tried by building the bones myself in the same way as the UE4 one, then when that didn't work I tried deleting the mannequin mesh and moving the bones to mine. For both methods I tried with automatic weights and assigning the vertexes myself

>hostile
dude I literally just asked you to post your art
I mean if you're not going to that's fine, but don't act like you're being serious then

these

>still falling for the "artist looking for programmer" meme
holy shit fuck you guys

I haven't posted in these threads for like a year. Fuck you too.

I want to make sure someone actually has a game and isn't just wasting my time, like you are currently

>hey I'm a programmer and I'm seriously actually working on a game but here's no evidence whatsoever, trust me I've made pong before

If you do it that way, there's no guarentee you're placing the bones at the right place. So when you're using some animations made for the UE4 mannequin, they're using a skeleton that probably mismatches your skeleton you built.

I'm not sure but try to see if you can import the skeleton asset from ue4 to blender, that way you can delete the mesh and parent your character to the armature.

I never asked for help on my game you daft cunt. I have nothing to prove to you.

>I want to make sure someone actually has a game and isn't just wasting my time, like you are currently
yet you ignore this gem of a game

Thus validating my need to learn a bit about a game before wasting my time with people like you

youtube.com/watch?v=bY7aRJE-oOY

Remember when I asked about GDC speeches?
Didn't like this one. Will keep you updated.

>tfw too many ideas

>i havent made a game for like a year

stay gone amigo, its not for you

Should I remap the vertex groups too? Automatic makes it a bit fucked

>you can't dev if you don't post in these threads

Josh Sawyer on balancing

Thanks user! Will check it out.
Link for those who die when they have to leave /agdg/ or talk to girls:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGv_-a8GBhY

Anyone here actually enjoy making small, short, actually feasible games instead of ridiculous huge projects?

For all the problems I hear people have with making pixel games look accurate, why not just make them at their native resolution then scale them up? Is that really difficult?

I wouldn't ask a retard who won't even show his art to make anything for me in the first place dipshit.

Only people not using engines designed for 2D have this problem.

DID SOMEONE JUST FUCKING CALL ME

nobody called for a whore

I meant this one
youtube.com/watch?v=fvyrEhAMUPo

but I think he's got good thoughts in general so I've enjoyed his youtube stuff too

What could be better about the right style?

I wish. No matter how small I try to make a game, it never takes less than a couple years

Been spending the entire night on this, but it's finally working. Got the destructible blocks to obey saving.

So here I have already destroyed the wall and saved the game. What you see in this webm is me going up to that wall and then loading that previous save.

what the fuck are you doing to my waifu

will you ever fix the horrible tearing

>my waifu steam greenlight game is not actually dead
I'm so happy.

Listen, I'm not interested in working with you and you clearly don't need art anyhow, so I wish you the best. Take it easy my man

I have to design a 5 character RPG party. So far I've got their basic forms:

1. Guy
2. Girl
3. Robot
4. Alien
5. Animal (can't talk)

...but I can't decide on their personalities.

What are your favorite cliche RPG character personalities?

youtube.com/watch?v=5h3mAosOf30

HAHAHA, YOUR WAIFU WILL FOREVER BE FEATURED IN MY CRINGY GAME
s- sorry

I think it's from disabling vsync. So no. I'll have an option for turning vsync on again though.

whats that

Cool Old Guy Warrior

>guy : incompetent
>girl : snobby and naive
>robot : mechanically poetic and honest
>alien : friendly and wise
>animal : cynical and unimpressed

It's not vsync, I'm talking about the textures being fucked up. Aren't you seeing it?

Wizards need hats, I guess

meant for

You clearly have never used Game Maker

>sunken gibbering outsider/merchant who is deathly cynical
>femme fatal
>killmachine discovering its own humanity, becoming a hero
>dying urth alien-angel so far past Clarke's third law that they are pretty much divinity
>an actual animal.

>render at low res
>scale viewport
wow that was hard

It's not, you have just taught them how it's done.

it depends what kind of game you are making but I guess shading

I sped up her slash animation and played around with her movement a bit, hopefully it looks better now

Are you talking about that slight tear on the player? If so, then it's vsync. If not, then I have no clue what you're talking about

>vertical tear
>vsync

You didn't solve a single problem. Is this the during kruger effect in action?

In a sim tycoon building type game, should the sound of you placing a building be localised so you don't hear anything when you place one far away, or be the same volume regardless.

it should be twice as loud

Shitty RPG thing, probably topdown graphics with simple sprite sets that only look left/right with the sprite just being flipped and animations for basic things.

Because it's unlikely I'll convince any of my friends to really work on the project I wanted a style I could shit out sprites with quick.

>player goes fullscreen on a monitor whose resolution a non-integer multiple of base resolution
Oops, I hope you didn't care about your graphics looking how you intended.

That will fix any mixel problem, what are you talking about?

It looks acceptable. If you want to make it look a little better, add one more frame where it overshoots and has no no sword trail. Will make it smoother. As of right now though it looks "retro" so it's fine.

You are obviously supposed to only scale it by whole integers, it's not a fucking issue at all.

Yes that would happen at a high frame rate as the tear moves along the screen.

who the fuck cares? it won't look different at all

It's an issue if Game Maker has anything to say about it. It will scale to whatever the monitor's resolution is, and you can't do anything about it.

You're retarded and blind.

Polish fox pixel click adventure.

They showed life on Facebook. Last I checked was on january. Veeky Forums keeps blocking me posting it, so here's steam page: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462503040