How much money per month will I spend on apex seals, oil, and ibuprofen if I get an rx8?

How much money per month will I spend on apex seals, oil, and ibuprofen if I get an rx8?
Seeing tons of these going for ~4k tempts me.

>money per month will I spend on apex seals
piston engine is for you

Meh. None if you take reasonable care of it and it's in good shape when you buy it.

You should still save for an LS swap.

Veeky Forums isn't the place to ask. Most here wouldn't even know what an apex seal looks like without Googling it.

don't do it OP, the engine will explode once a week, eats a gallon of oil a day and runs over children when you are asleep. stay away from that market. never google "rx8" again.

Why did Mazda had to make that half-sedan, half-coupe abomination.

How do you go from this...
to this?

>mazda ups their styling game
>but only after the flub that was the rx-8

It came out at a low point for car design, mid 2000s were a shitty period.

Rotaryfags are like bmwfags they are in denial that they own a piece of shit.

no, ur waifu a shit

If you could get one in a convertible, I'd go for it.

Hell, for 4K I might get one and take a sawzall to the B pillar myself and make it a convertible.

Insurance-it was cheaper to insure with the not-2-door config.

Generally the ones that are 4k, are 4k for a reason.

If you want a rotary, then your'e gonna want some rx-7. The rx-8 is a great piston swap candidate though.

>going from two to one oil ports

Will the new rotary be amazing bros?

How much can I get a decent condition rx7 for?

Does the engine block really move around like that? No wounded why it eats apex seals.

The second gen ones had three oil ports, so they went from three to one. Ballsy move imo

I see them going for no less than 20k with nearby importers.

>tfw buy a rx7
>drop a v8 in it :)

rx8 is the mrs of rotaries.
People hate it but in fact it's by far the best handling one.
I'd still have an FD and keep the rotary to anger LS benchracers

>4k
damn I know they're kinda ugly but are they really that undesirable

At least 2k a month in just oil

>4k
damn, in poland you can get one for 2300, albeit imported from the uk so rhd but whatever. throw in an engine rebild for a good measure and you get the best fun for the money really

>tfw for me a year's insurance on an rx8 would equal the value of the car itself

around 250 uros a month for fuel and upkeep

Only smelly philistines do this.

no

>tfw buy a corvette
>drop a 26B in it :)

Dollars or euros.
I paid 4500 for mine over 3 years ago - in good condition.
I spent 70 a week on petrol
200 -400 every six months (6k) on oil, filters and genera servicing shite . Done near 45k in it (for 145 total on the odometer)
I spoent a 10 every 4 tanks on a litre of good 2-stroke oil.
Blew an ignition could. 500 quid for a set of LS coils
Blew the cat. 50 quid time and scaffold pole.
Blew a shock on a trackday. 900 fucking quid, including fitting. But new coilovers.
Got hit by a JCB on a building site and had to repair it, for 500 including respray. Cunts wouldn't admit who was driving the digger.
Have a bizarre cooling problem that's vanishingly intermittent, and another CANbus problem which means it likes to lose ABS, TCS, all the gauges, or all tree, randonmly.
Still starts. Still runs. Still gets daily use as a people-truck, work-van, commutemobile, track machine, GT tourer and other usual car shit.
Smells like a refinery fire when running.
Shoots flames at pedestrians too.

>Shoots flames at pedestrians too.
fucking worth it

if ur not retarded and put 91 octane + conventional oil in it u will only have to replace apex seals every 70k miles or so

don't baby it either, drive the shit out of it or you will get carbon buildup

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Do not do this

Its no worse than buying a car because it has a rotary engine so you can replace that engine with a LS....
Anyway, it would be a sexy ragtop.

how2 open door

the renesis should've been a 3 rotor

>being a cuckold