Bought a 3K civic as Veeky Forums requested

Standard D series engine, wondering what kind of mods I can do, so far I've bought some seat covers and Honda seatbelt covers. I don't want to go to far and make it your standard rice Civic, does anyone else have suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CFXfSBR5Q9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

change the oil. Put a quality intake on it because honda intake noise is great. Change your transmission fluid. Do bushings. Put classy wheels on it and maybe a slight lowering.

Replace all the fluids and any worn parts. Then, suspension, brakes and tyres. Key to going fast is stopping fast, so you can get on the power again sooner.

just keep it running and save up for a B18 or B20 swap or a K20/24 swap if it's a 7th gen. I wouldn't advise doing the swap yourself, just save up to pay a Honda shop to do it. But until then, just do basic maintenance and keep it stock.

>quality intake
>not oem honda

Mudflaps

Front and back

mugen parts, lots of mugen parts

A few S I M P L E M O D S

SOHC or DOHC? VTEC? Displacement? It will never be a B series, so dont go too overboard on "performance" mods. In fact, keep it as stock as you can. If your'e serious about adding a few simple mods, upgrade the suspension and await a swap for a B series. Nothing better than the raw scream of a N/A built b18c hitting almost 9000 RPM...

He said it's a D-series. so 99.9% sure it's a SOHC. Likely either 1.6 or 1.7L

There are DOHC D's, a few of the d16's are. But mind you, it would have to be a jdm/edm/south african or australian to be naturally in a civic.

Turf the D and get a B or a K series in there.

Turbo D series are a thing as well but I like high revving NA engines desu.

Coilovers, sticky tyres and decent brakes, supportive seat and strip some weight out of it and you'll have yourself a peppy and fun back road blaster.

Get a pepboys credit card and buy everything they have start with chrome wipers and color matching wires and huge rearview mirror

keep it stock.

Post an actual picture of your car then we can give you better tips.

bumping for intrest

ebay turbo kit for 700$ and a dyno tune to get 200whp. Run a oil restrictor into the turbo so you dont blow the seals, ebay turbos can last on 8-10psi but love to blow seals from high temp/pressure oil.

get decent coilovers and a rear sway bar and you've got yourself a canyon carver.

but in reality you shouldh ave bought a cheaper civic and replaced the motor in it even to another D series so you have a reliable base to build on.

Do paint work.

Wash/Clay bar/Paint correction(compounding)/Touch Up Paint/Wax

It will make a world of difference.

You'll kill a good afternoon, and it would be good to grease some friends with some decent beer if possible. All of these processes are fairly easy, but labor intensive. Many hands make work light and shit

youtube.com/watch?v=CFXfSBR5Q9w

for a jumping off point

Fuck off normie faggot.

Couple simple mods
- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

K20 turbo pls

The guys on the BoostedBoiz run a 6-700HP k20 ebay turbo setup.
Granted it has turbo pistons and rods, but otherwise mostly stock engine iirc.

Depends, is it your dd, or is it a toy?

Mind if I ask how much hp your putting down?

198 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS, because that's the only place the power should ever be.

The red hatch has a H22a actually, from a US prelude. But yes, rods pistons studs ect. Ebay turbo at 700+ hp, detuned now to 650 ish for street use.

give her some love

LS swap obviously

it's a civic. the whole point is for it to be as cheap as possible. he'll spend enough money fixing it and keeping it mint.

Could have had a mustang
>260 hp
>260rwhp and 300rwtq with intake exhaust and tune
>bottom end can handle 450 rwhp
>or a 125 shot
>4.6 and manual tremec to last u 4 lyfe