Racing seats

Are racing seats rice, or are they genuinely more comfortable than normal seats and have a use outside the track?

Other urls found in this thread:

corbeau.com/sportline-evolution-x.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

only if they're adjustable. non-adjustable ones are a PITA.

They dont have a use on the track desu. Saving weight is a meme unless you are actually racing.

They aren't comfy. The harness is helpful but not really.

Just fucking time yourself with the normal chairs. If you get faster by losing weight you didn't really drive better you just cheated and spent money to do it

This.

Not this.

They do save weight on track, and actually hold you in place unlike a road seat.

Running a harness in a car without a roll cage is a sure fire way to spinal compression and ending up in a wheel chair. Don't run track with racing seats and harnesses without proper mounting points.

Sounds like you've never driven on a track

I've driven a fully race ready E30 and an E82 on the track. The light weight car is fun but the e82 sport seats hug just as tight as the dedicated because you adjust the bmw upgrade sport seat to squeeze you in.

The difference is you can drive the E82 3 hours home and not vice versa.

lemme guess. The E30 had non-adjustable seats like OP's picture, while the E82 had adjustable recaros?

>They dont have a use on the track desu. Saving weight is a meme unless you are actually racing.
You don't need a racing seat in your bus faggot.

It's a pain in the ass trying to keep the throttle down in corners when your face is squeezed against the passanger window.

Any reccomendations for a bucket seat for a daily car that gets tracked 1-2 times a month and are cheaper than 500?
OEM seats are 34 pounds, any weight loss helps.

corbeau.com/sportline-evolution-x.html
Corbeau seats are second best to Recaro

Anyone have experience with Takata seats and harnesses?

I've heard they're the cheapest non trash brand and when I googled it I got a lot of red flags.
I'd rather spend extra on recaro/OMP/momo or bride

What about vintage Recaro?

Racing seats are if you drive your car not sit in it while it takes you between A and B.
If your stock seats for some reason aren't great they are a MUST upgrade as they'll remove a few seconds from laptimes.

if you aren't a racing driver they are a waste of money.

now watch as some stupid ricebox-driving neckbeard tells me i'm wrong.

Corbeau has been around for 30+ years, you stupid youngfag

If you aren't some fag who thinks drag racing and automatic gear box is the pinnacle of driving enjoyment and your sportscar doesn't come with buckets stock they are a must.
I start sliding off my stock seats at times even in daily driving non twisty situations and on track I fly around the car.

They haven't built a great reputation in these 30 years compared to every other brand.

Fixed seats are for purists and posers alike, reclineables are patrician
Says who? You don't stay in business for 30+ years by having a shit rep

says everyone owning them
, rails are shit, seats don't last for shit, in crashes they jettison you through the front window, fabric tears.
They are comfy and light and cheap.
Honestly worth spending little extra for one of the bigboy brands.

>buy non FIA approved buckets
>wonder why they do shit when you crash in a track

There's a reason why one of their FIA approved seats cost more that a pair of their regular seats

This, if FIA and non are two different games
Shit, even a scrub company like NRG makes FIA seats that are over $1500 a seat

the point isn't saving weight dumbass, (although in some cases it does) the point is to not slide off your seat when you're taking hairpins

No e82 had OEM bmw sport plus seats upgrade, heavy but comfy and supportive in the same way as a sport seat. This isn't the flatter bmw seat

if you're me, the point of a fixed back seat is to actually fit in the car lmfao

you don't need them faggot, whenever I see an E63 with racing seats I just cry inside on all the money spent to sit on the most uncomfortable seat ever just to look ceul and sporty

What car are you driving that doesn't come with seats that support sport driving ? Curious on this one.

absolute sex

This aren't racing seats, those a luxury seats covered in the finest nappa leather with slight aggressive bolstering because AMG

I want a set of these so bad

MRS seats don't keep you in place at all.

Incredibly comfy and aesthetic as fuck. Truly the best fucking seats and I wish I had a set that weren't fucked and ripped up.

>tfw you want bride seats but you can't justify the price and would rather buy turbo parts

>No e82 had OEM bmw sport plus seats upgrade
what the fuck do you think Recaro seats are?
fucking retard

Very different faggot.