What do

>stuck with pic related
>parents got a plan to pay it off for 5 years
>im 18
>going to have this car until im 23
>dad says he's not giving me the pink slip till it's all paid off
>i can't work during the week cause i play sports
>this car has 127 horsepower and dont want to spend my prime years driving this shitbox

how do i convince him to trade it in at nissan. I went there about a month ago looking at cars, and some guy walked up to me and i asked him. He explained that even if i get a cheaper car, they give me a fuckin check for the difference, but he's on the edge of trading it in. I got it in march, 6 speed POS...silver spoon prolems but pls help

stop being a spoiled brat and drive your fucking free car, asshole.

It's the 6-speed manual?
Consider yourself lucky, you could have a CVT and feel like killing yourself every single time you step on the gas pedal.

This.
I had to work a few years to get my car. You are getting what people work for years to get for absolutely nothing.
Stop being a fucking man child, and enjoy your free fucking car. At least it's not a CVT.

Sage

i would have rather worked for and bought a car myself. the annoying thing is i searchhed for a car for months and they bought the exact style i didn't ask for after i gave them a compiled list

Get a job, work weekends, and buy a second car that's fun

>not a bad idea, i was planning on buying a motorcycle actually. i just need to leave my old shit job and go work valet then the cash will rake in

Then buy your own car retard.

Quit sports and get a real job. Sports are for idiots.

>t. got bullied in high school

I can't sell the car. what's the point of buying another car? I'll just have two and my parents will be pissed i didn't drive the expensive one. it just sucks that i'm locked on cars till i graduate

maybe you shouldnt have been so keen on getting a jdm drift car with 6 turbos and a stripped interior
you kids all think alike and its obvious that anything without a welded diff is NOT okay

i didn't want a fucking sports car i just wanted something that wasn't such a mom car. google this car and tell me great it is.

i would have legit been fine with a honda civic as long as it was stick

Total it.

Or, suck dick on the side.

>127 entire horsepower
>complaining

I've got 59 and it's completely fine as long as you beat it like a cheap whore. How bad is the gearbox?

mechanically i can't complain there's no clutch stick cause the guy before me knew how to shift but sheesh, it's fucking slow. what car has 59 horsepower?? ive never heard of such a low amount except on motorcycles. i think the lowest i've seen was 80 something in a miata

Tint the windows, upgrade speakers and enjoy it. You aint a speed racer boi. Get a dirt bike, its way more fun than some 350Z or other "sports car"

is craigslist the easiest way to find guys cocks to suck? i know that it's unironically a good form of income that's not illegal unless it falls under prostitution or something , but i don't need a new car like tomorrow. maybe when half the loan is paid ill switch but man i don't want this shit for 5 years.

had a dirtbike, broke my wrist on it. i want another dual sport or something but im still living with my parents right now and they do NOT want me to have another dirtbike.

got a sub from my friend

i don't think you guys get it. i don't want a sports car. that's actually what i didn't ask for cause they are too expensive

This
Just get a job OP. You'll have another car before you know it if you really work hard towards it. Just don't do stupid things in between like land yourself in jail.

I got nissan primera from parents and I love it [spoiler] I have to[/spoiler]

Who cares if it's not what you wanted, it is literally a free fucking car.

It's better you not have what you want anyways, having a shitbox you really don't care about is better while you build up driver experience, and not wreck your shitty dream car. By the time you're 23, you might have grown half a brain to realize how fucking spoiled and lucky you are. If not, you now are 23 with a car worth 4-6k. Sell it then and get what you want.

A fucking new one at that too.

VW UP, lowest engine. To be fair, it's a 74hp car detuned to 59 by deleting the power curve above 5k rpm.

Stats say 14s 0-60, I'm honestly confident I could get 12 if not 11 with it. But I wouldn't even fucking drive it if it had an auto.

Just wait it out user. I want a 2004 Civic Type R and I'm waiting patiently for that as well.

t. 19 y/o britbong paying £1700 insurance for his cuckbox

>gets new nissan Sentra with 6 speed for free
Boo hoo, suck it up.
Get a job and save up for a used sporty car if you want one so badly

Thank you, Echofag, for this underrated post. My sides are in orbit.

total it

then get a 650r

The title is not in your name it is not your car walk away from it

>actually considering whoring yourself out to suck dicks because you don't like the FREE car your parents bought you
Holy shit what the fuck is wrong with you?

i wish my parents had bought me a shitbox.

i had to suck 300$ worth of dick for my shitbox when i was 18 and also didnt live with my parents, and had my own place

also i bet you still live with your parents you little cuck

the thought of a smooth teenage twink having whore himself out and sell his boypuss to buy a car makes me fucking diamonds bros

yea i do cause we aren't fucking poor, my parents are actually stable, and they don't hate me you degen.

Lmao 18 yearbong here paying £750 for a 1.6 a3. You gotta work the insurance better my man

Don't talk shit m8. Even for a 1.0 corsa with a cuckbox installed it would be over £1500 at your age.

Damn fucking Indians that was a nice s10

i see you on the dbt threads often. did you ever get that XR you wanted?

If you're 18 and playing sports for free you're a regard and nuts need to get an actual job

>£750 in a 1.6

Bullshit. Do you live in a gated community filled with doctors, lawyers and priests or something?

What did you ask for? You said something about a list, what was on it?

basically 4 door cars (for low insurance) that were not sporty, but not mom cars. like a sleek body type. i was being very specific because it was gonna be the car i was gonna have the the next 5 years so you can imagine how picky i was being. i asked for manual, preferably black or white. my first choice was a miata but my parents thought it was too sporty.

>my first choice was a miata but my parents thought it was too sporty.
>miata
>too sporty

see the original issue here. also this was before i knew as much as i do about the types of cars there are now, but on my list were dodge darts, kia optimus, hyundai tiburons, chevy cobalts, shit like that.

How can someone actually complain about a free, reliable car. How stuck up can one person be.

Fight me irl

Seriously mate it seems like the only real issue you have with the car is how it looks and the horsepower. The other cars you listed (Dart, Optima, Cobalt, Tiburon,) aren't particularly powerful either. Heck, only the Cobalt and Optima even break 200. I understand wanting something better but honestly just having a car that runs pretty good for 18. Plus, a free car without issues until you're 23 means you can save up even more cash for a nicer/faster/sleeker car once you're done with this one. All in all it really seems like you got a good deal, OP

>i didn't want a fucking sports car i just wanted something that wasn't such a mom car
"moooom I asked you for a 5 series BMW and you got me a B-class Mercedes, omg I hate you so much, you're the worst parents in the world"

Something must have been wrong with your list to begin with.
Be grateful you've a car to begin with you millennial fuck twat.

Kys

>i didn't want a fucking sports car

>my first choice was a miata but my parents thought it was too sporty

too predictable. Pretending to be muh racing driver with literally 0 experience, whatcha think real life is like need for speed?
Why doesn't the US imposes neo-drivers limitations on power like the rest of the world?
I used to complain that I can only drive maximum 90 bhp for 3 years but thank god that limit exist, there aren't fucking wannabes on the roads thinking it's their personal track

>plays sports
>gets free car
>bitches about said car
that micropenis is showing hard op if the sports isnt getting you laid a nicer car wont either

>TFW USA and the first car I drove was a 260-hp automatic SUV
Now I've got a 190 hp manual sedan and constantly speed and swerve through traffic not 5 months later

hmmmm i suppose. what car u drive?

ikr my first car had 76HP, which was perfect because I had to drive the wheels off of and learn about preservation of momentum just to keep up, and meanwhile the fact that I even had a car and could go where I want when I want, drive friends around, etc. was awesome.

Great for keeping me from getting in to too much trouble, cheap to maintain, learned all kinds of stuff about how to work on cars.

>190hp manual sedan
4th gen maxima perhaps?

All of those are boring as shit cars. Most kids play the Subaru meme. Subaru advertises themselves as safe, reliable and practical cars. Kids might be able to talk their parents into buying them a WRX. Or a turbo Legacy/Forester/Outback.

Can confirm. First car I bought myself was an Impreza (not WRX). It was indeed great in bad weather, held up great when I crashed it once, and with some minor adjustments was plenty of fun to hoon in. Trooper of a car.

And then when you're not a poorfag anymore you can upgrade.

they may be boring but they are less boring that what i got now. the dart is actually pretty cool tbqh. also no wrx near me for reasonabl price anyway. everything 20k, i don't live in cali user.

You got a fucking free new car ya douche. If you want a better car just save up and buy it as a second car. Absolutely no reason why you can't do that.

I literally have the same car as you as a DD but have an old S500 as my fun car and will be jumping on a Mustang GT after they fall into the $18,000 range.

Stop whining having a new reliable econo box that get's 30mpg at 18 already removes most of the stresses of owning a first car. Hell you didn't even have to pay for it.

bmws with 2.5 liter engines also had 190hp

My friend's parents gave him an 04 Dodge Stratus they got for like $1k
>No A/C
>Just radio (No AUX)
>Whole car shuddered when you rolled your window up and down
>Steering wheel vibrated when you came to a stop

I think my friend would have happily traded places with you OP, stop complainng

>the dart is actually pretty cool tbqh.

No. Not at all. They were discontinued for a reason. I had a rental and the das was rattling with 10,000 miles on it. They suffer bad reliability. The only engine worth a damn is the top trim 2.4 and even with that they are slower than 1st gen neons. Get some taste first before reconsidering a car.

OP consider the following:

Go fuck yourself, retard.

Probably named driver on his parents's insurance so effectively uninsured.

Sucks. Way it is. I got stuck with my first car too in a "this is what we want and you're getting it and there's nothing you can do"

I was stuck Jetta 1.8t, 5 speed slushbox tiptronic

I HATED the car for the first 3 years I owned it. Wished nothing more than to be rid of that stupid piece of german shit.

Then I started repairing it. Then learning about it and how to repair it to make me appreciate it more. Researching my car incidentally caused learning many other models in the same year and VW's structure and the interchangeability of parts within their line.

Now it's my piece of german shit. Now, I'm determined to keep it on the road as long as physically possible. Parts are cheap and it has it's obnoxious quirks but it's reasonable to work on.

OP, it may not be the son you asked for, but he is yours.

2000 V6 Passat

Miatas are total deathtraps

If you wanna play statistics with your life like that at a new driver who is obviously looking to "go fast" that's not foolish, that's reckless.

Fuck you. If I got a car for free, I'd be the happiest fucking driver around

ffs I hate people like you. Be thankful you intitled fuck. Are you seriously bitching about a free car. You should feel lucky for receiving a car that will run for the next couple years no problem. Shit, you should be happy if they fucking give you a running heap of shit that cost $1k. Also, don't use highschool sports as an excuse. A lot of kids balance sports and a job no problem. You just have to work hard.

give me the car and buy your own you fucking ungrateful piece of shit.
seriously. you are the fucking worst.
how hard do your parents work to provide for you, give you things that most people can't afford?
how much do they want to have raised a good son with self awareness?
how many times have they agonized over whether they've provided enough for you to live a comfortable enough life to be a good person who is humble, respectful, and willing to use the resources he has to create a good life for himself?
and you go and do this, and feel like this, about the thing your parents worked so hard to get for you.
you ungrateful FUCK.
fuck me I am mad. if I ever found out my kid did this I would take the car away and force him to ride the bus.
it's a 2013. I bet it is reliable, practical, with enough space for you to drive your faggot friends around town. it's not going to break down. I bet it has good tires on it too. I bet you don't have to pay for fuel. If you do have to pay for fuel, they gave you a new car with good mileage so you wouldn't have to pay too much out of your marijuana budget.
every dollar of that $12,000 your parents spent for you is wasted.

you FUCK.

you ungrateful FUCK.

I see where you're coming from. How about list the car on Craigslist so someone else can finish the payments. Then you can get a different car. Tada, lol

OP assuming you didn't go crash it into a tree or jump on cl to suck some dick, hear me out.

Veeky Forums doesn't have answers

If it did someone might point out the availability of SE-R /SPEC V/ NISMO parts, and the surplus junk yards hold.

while they lecture you for being a spoiled shit, they fail to see the opportunity you have been presented. You have a long running platform that happens to have a sport model.

>NISMO
>lrn2wrench
>make it yours

Please don't waste your money on this car, and if you want a new car work for it. Parents don't (usually) give nice cars for free.

Look, your parents didn't ignore the list you gave them out of some sort of negligence or insult towards you. They did it because they have different values for the car you should be driving than you do. They want you to drive something safe and slow so that you drive safe and slow. They don't want you doing something reckless in a sporty car that gets you hurt. They made that choice because they want you alive and well, remember that.

As for the car itself, as long as they're paying for it, you should be happy to use it for all the conveniences it offers you. It may not have been what you wanted, but that doesn't mean it isn't useful to you.

You can still have the car you want. All you have to do is buy it, yourself. They can't stop you from doing that.

Most people don't get the opportunity to have a car they don't have to pay for. Even if it's not everything you wanted, you ought to be thankful for what you're offered until you have the means to get what you want on your own.

Like most everyone else in this thread I'm gonna go ahead and tell you to kill yourself you ungrateful piece of shit.

I worked my ass off for 6 months so I could buy a piece of shit unreliable car for $3,500. Why the fuck do you even play sports? Get a girlfriend and drive her around in your zero maintenance zero responsibility car and enjoy your life. Fucking faggots man holy shit

what parts? like an intake and shit or an entire new motor ?

i see where you come from ty user

>i play sports
Stop wasting your time, idiot.
>going to have this car until im 23
Get a part time job and buy yourself a shitter on Craigslist for 1-2 grand to have as an auxiliary.

>mfw my dad is a multi millionaire that owns a construction company.

I just dont beg for money like a little bitch nigga

Poor kid is stuck with a brand new car his parents bought him so he can play sports

You need a swift kick in the nuts

>1980s-2000s = millennial
Thanks Mr. Millennial

How about you shut the fuck up and drive the free car like the spoiled bitch you are.

Just total the car

When I was a kid like you I begged my parents to let me buy a car, and they gave me a bicycle instead. Now I'm not a fat piece of shit.

Literally get a job if you don't like it.

> 6 speed POS

Haha fuck off, that car would be a million times worse with the CVT slushbox.

IHBT

lol what a cuck he has to drive literally one of the worst cars in his class. Could've had a Mazda3 or something ten times better. The best part is this kid deserves to drive a POS Nissan for complaining about his free car. Enjoy your 5 years of slush. As a side note we can tell you're underage.

>buying a car on a payment plan
>ever
Its like you enjoy paying 1.8x sticker price for an asset that depreciates exponentially. I'll never understand westerners.

You absolute fucking mong, don't just suggest what type of car you want, learn to surf CL.

Could have had a high-mileage Acura TL for cheaper than that piece of shit, you lazy piece of shit.

My first car was a fucking 15 year old Hyundai, i would have killed for your car OP.

ungrateful cunt.

>after i gave them a compiled list
This is why fudds hate millenials.

>Parents bought you a car
>Complaining
Got damnit user don't be so ungrateful.
When I was your age I was sleeping on the floor.

>1.8x sticker price
Is that what interest rates are like in Europistan? My last car loan had an APR of 1.9%

I would come in here and bitch like everyone else but kek that car is pretty much the worst possible choice in that bracket. They probably got that one because it will make you want to work harder to buy your own, do that, then you can give it back to your dad and say "hey I know you picked this car because you really liked it so instead of selling it to some chump who won't appreciate it I'll give it to you so that I know you'll have a car you enjoy driving."

>>t.got bullied in highschool
not that user but i think what he was saying is that you are and ADULT playing SPORTS INSTEAD of working at a JOB
unless you are planning on playing sports professionally or are getting a kickass scholarship from it, you need to sort out your priorities
also its a free goddamn car
i got my first car for free simply because it was an old pos that my dad didn't want to deal with anymore and let me tell you what i was fucking grateful for it
shit i still drive the thing and im still fucking grateful for it
my advice is to suck it up and drive your free car until you get a job and then buy a car you want
the title is not in your name so you can just give it back to your dad
if he gives you shit tell him to give you the title so you can sell it

OP i want you to go to your parents, hug them and tell them that you love them and that you are thankful that they bought you a car. It may not be pretty, but it's a free car. You will first hate it but later on you will miss it if you have to let it go.

>all those retards saying OP is ungrateful
>B HAPPY WAT U GOT
>SUM PPL WORK HARD TO GET A '95 CIVIC
>SPOILED BRAT
>HURR DURR THIS GENERATION OF KIDS
getting shit instead of tasty pie must sound okay to you all, too.
i wanted to get a shitty civic for $500 so i can know what it feels to have shit car, but unfortunately got objectively "better" and more expensive car, i know that feels OP. hold tight there, just be patient and wait till you have your own shekels.

>ADULT playing SPORTS INSTEAD
Good to stay fit and healthy whilst you're young

ty user somebody knows tfw

>tfw parents bought me a land rover discovery 03 for $4000 as my first car
I'm happy as fuck desu, though I wish the gas mileage was better

>18 year olds think the next five years are the prime of their life

Guess what I had to do to get my first car, OP?
After paying my parents bills for months because my dads hands got mutilated at work, they finally payed me back once the settlement hit.
I used that for a down payment and worked my fucking ass off to pay my OWN car off with my OWN sweat. I didn't rely on my parents, then cry about the consequences like some little bitch.

>Why doesn't the US imposes neo-drivers limitations on power like the rest of the world?

never heard of this for cars as european, which countries do this?

I know about horrendous high insurance costs and power limitations on bikes for beginners though

I have a 2005 cobalt SS and it's fast as shit in a straight line

Just don't try to turn

it's more like getting a bigmac instead of a $15 burger.

but what we're saying is we want the big mac because it tastes better even though it may be made of shit.

well those people are retarded. no one wants the big mac over the $15 burger, and no one says it tastes better. we just want it cause we're not paying for it.