Retard here

retard here

What percentage down should you put on a new car?

100%. Don't buy things you can't afford.

FPBP

>t.16 year old

I have enough money to pay for the car in cash, but that seems stupid, considering I can invest it at higher rate of return than what I would be losing in interest paying off the car incrementally through a loan

/thread

Bread on financial agreements and investment portfolio

Depends on what interest rate you're paying.

I always like to buy vehicles in full. It's worth knowing I completely own it.

Truth, brother.

kys yourselves, both of you. If you need a car and dont have thousands in the bank, then youre gonna have to carry some debt for a while.
>HURRR IF YOU CAN AFFORD $[car payment]/MONTH JUST SAVE IT AND BUY A CAR OUTRIGHT
Fuck you im not riding the bus and bumming rides for 5 years just to avoid paying some ultrajew 9%

The maximum amount you can afford. You dont want to finance any more than you have to.

1.9% APR

My Vangaurd account is averaging 7% anually,

7-2 = 5%.

Car costs $50,000

by financing I make money (50,000 x .05) ~ $2500/year

anyone here (whos not a teenager) find a flaw in this?

>Buying something you can't pay for

I mean, retards like you really have no fucking sense. Live within your means.

If you can't keep up with the repayments, you are fucked.

if you can afford to buy it straight-up then do it. And wtf are you on about with "i can invest with a higher rate of return than the loan interest"? Either you spend the money now and own the car now, or you spend the money+interest once a month for the next few years and the bank owns your car. Are you saying you think youre better off financing the car and using your savings to buy bitcoins and fleshlight stock or something?

Because you don't own your car.

>If you need a car and dont have thousands in the bank
You can't afford something you need, therefore you are not an adult.

The average car loan is 4.5% and thus you pay $2500 to borrow the money assuming you pay it on time and assuming you actually get that much in your vanguard..
Which I doubt but assuming you did your breaking even with more risk.

Hey OP.

Dont listen to the autists saying dont buy shit you cant afford.

Generally 20% down is the minimum I would go even though a dealer may offer lower. Assume in America about 200 dollars per month per 10k of cost.

I would NEVER spend more than I could afford to pay off in 3 years.

Hope this helps.

Your really borrowing money to invest in the stock market in a way. Always a terrible idea.

>T. Retard
Op if you buy something for 30k you put down 10K minimum, and go higher as the price increases. So use a 3-1 ratio, but how much you put down matters if you get 5-10% interest rates, it doesnt matter how much if its 1-2%.
Anyone else who goes all in cash buy never knew the feeling of hardship. What happens if your out of work, your 45k went into the car, and now you have to sell it in order to get by. If you get a loan you still keep money in the bank incase something like that happens.
This is the reason why Jewish people take loans, or lease cars.

its not buying something you can't pay for, its buying something you can't pay for all at once. Do you know anyone who payed cash for their house?

>if you can't keep up with the payments you're fucked

yeah, and water is wet too.

>calls himself a retard
>then gives us an investment breakdown that would mean he makes more investing his money than he would losing money paying interest on a car

Kys

>Not that anyone should buy a new car
Stick financing on top of that and contemplate the vast levels of your retardation

Enjoy the bus and I hope you don't cry on your deathbed because you couldn't drive your dream car.

My dream car is an FD RX7. I paid for it outright.

What do you drive?

2015 GT-R. Four more years and it's mine.

Are you retarded? If you buy your car outright you can immediately sell it. If you finance a car you will likely owe more than it's worth and be underwater when you sell it. If you're out of work and have to make payments then you've got no car, ruined credit, and nothing to sell except your body.

cringe

>four more years and it's mine
Did you get a good rate at least?

Not OP but what is it with you underage faggots hating financing?

>Drive old shit civic since I dont want to use credit
>Turn 28 after many years of working hard, finally able to buy used entry level audi with 80k miles in cash
>Dream achieved

Meanwhile I just go in with a couple grand, pick up that same audi with a 3% interest rate and almost nothing in monthly payments.

I think I would have paid a measly 300$ in interest over the course of the loan having made minimum payments for that used Audi. Instead I pay it off early years later, trade it in well above KBB and get something better.

Stop being retarded.

8.6 percent. I pay $540 a month.

Damn dude not the guy youre replying too but how is 8.6 percent the best you could do, shit Im in my 20s with no assets and a ton of student loans below American Median income and I got 3%.

Look into some local credit unions and see if they can help you out.

>$540/month

holy shit dude I'm so sorry

3% on an 8 year old car btw.

Most banks wont even secure that.

Don't listen to the 3k civic group who work at a wenys as a chef.

The truth is if you're trying to put more money down to get a more reasonable payment then you may need to reavaluate whether you can afford the car.

If you just want to try to pay it off faster then I'd say anywhere from 20/25%. That being said putting 10% down is fine.

Thats actually insanely low for what I imagine the price was.

Generally its ~200 bucks a month per 10 k. So unless OP bought that thing for 30k which is rediculous, its being subsidized by that rediculous interest rate. NO BANK at all would not secure that new of a car and EVERY bank would give AT MAX about 5 - 6% interest on that secured loan.

>8%
Get a better rate nao

Really how long is it going to take you to sell it? GL unless you have a honda.
My neighbor had to get rid of his new 5 series since his son fucked his insurance, took him 4 months to get a serious buyer.

Holy shit that rate sucks. If you can afford it without it being a burden I'm glad you're driving a car you love. I just couldn't be comfortable with not owning what I'm driving. I'd feel like I was renting my shoes or something. Maybe it's autism.

I am glad you've got your dream car though.

Because the job markets fucking blows and it's a safer bet to own things outright in an unstable economy built on constantly expanding bubbles. Also resurgent hatred of jews and awareness of usury/debt slavery.

It's not about how long it takes to sell it, it's about how new cars depreciate super quick. A $60k mercedes from 2015 is worth $20k two years later. And two years later you still owe 25 on it so you're cooked. It's not an asset, it's an anchor around your neck.

>Job market fucking blows

Even construction salaries are up 30 % atm and thats the definition of middle american salary.

Unemployment is at an all time low.

If the current administration continues to keep up this amazing retardation Americans are going to make more and more bank for the next 3 years.

Its not 2009 anymore user.

Holy shit bro go to another bank and tell them you want to refinance, actually go to multiple banks and have them compete. So if 1 says 6% you tell bank 2 i got an offer for 6% and if they can, they will give lower, then go to bank 3 and tell them the latest rate offer.

No one ever replies because this meme is not advanced enough to have forged documents.

You can get a job but advancement is impossible. You have to constantly leverage your skills and job hop every two years. I'm better off than most anyways with a useful degree and being ahead of the curve networking wise, but still I would never stay at a company more than 2 years. I change up as often as possible leveraging salary, benefits, vacation days, whatever. The Gold-Rolex 30-year company man shit is long dead.

And because of that I live a spartan life and save my money to enjoy my time off as much as possible. That's why I pay things off, unless I get a loan for money I already have in the bank just to build credit.

>Oh no a bank made 1500 dollars off me over the course of 4 years

>oh no the bank took my car because I couldn't work for a single month in 4 years

Then that's 100000% your fault

Should learn to park your car in the path of hurricanes or learn how to start a fire and file a police report

>buying any car less than 2-years-old
It's like you want to get ass-fucked or something.

seriously fucking this

these people or (((people))) to appease that certain crowd are LENDING you, say, $25,000 to buy a car RIGHT NOW

you really think they're doing it for free or out of the kindness of their heart? fuck's sake, it's a business, they do it to make money. if you default, that's your own goddamn fault.

i always put 0 down because if the car gets totaled you are out that cash even if you are reimbursed the cash you spent up front will more than likely never come back and it has way more liquidity than when its part of tge value of a car

you're on the wrong board

Depends on how fucked your credit is and what your income is. If you can get prime rate, don't worry about putting anything substantial down. If you're a typical Veeky Forums poster, have some perspective on where you fit into the world and buy a shitbox for cash.

>I havent been able to advance myself so it must be the economy!

Dude seriously go fuck yourself.

I graduated college with a bachelors a year ago, this year I just switched jobs in the same industry and got a 20,000$ raise and I just work generic shit in tech and my original salary was just below median income. And just because you have to move from company to company now instead of slaving away for the man, who the fuck cares? Its part of life user, things change get with it.

>don't buy a house unless you can pay for it in full

retard

You did exactly what I told you to do retard. You switched companies to advance. You used to be able to advance within a company. It's not fair to the average worker that they have to work the same shit job for 30 years straight with a 1% raise every year so that they actually make LESS per year with inflation. I'm fine, I do what you did and job hop to leverage my skills and experience. Joe Schmo the factor worker can't do that shit.

Nice car bro. I think FD's are actually a smart buy, they don't seem overpriced and are not super expensive to upgrade.

Mazda near me does 0% interest with a 50% down payment on miats...

They're like air cooled Porsches. If you don't molest them and sit on them they'll net a nice return and you can enjoy the car a lot in the meantime.

This guy is right. You should be trying to pay the MINIMUM down (as close to zero $ as possible) to minimize your risk exposure, especially for a board of young boiracers buying sportscars.

New cars are a poor financial decision. If money matters to you (most likely it does if you are asking, on 4changz nonetheless), buy a 2-3yo car cash. And that car should cost less than 5% of your annual income.

99% of Americans don't deserve to be driving what they do. Stick to 1k shitbox. Unless you're a doctor, then maybe a Camry/Accord. If you're Bill Gates, maybe an entry level Lexus.

At least 60-80% and lower than 1-2% APR.

Lmao at these poorfags, none of you will ever know the feeling of going into an official dealer and paying outright. None of this APR 172% interest down payment bullshit. Don't buy shit you can't afford, unless you like your shit being owned by other people. Don't tell me you finance your phone as well

0% if the interest rate to go along with that is low enough.

I try to put nothing down if I can. I usually go in with financing in place tho.

Worst case scenario I give them a grand. Sometimes I try to cover all the fees+taxes/wahtever so the only amount financed is the vehicle itself.

Debt is so cheap right now it really doesn't fucking matter if your credit is okay/good.

Houses are different because they fluctuate in value and you can often sell them for more in 5-10 years. It's really hard to find a car you can sell at a profit after 5-10 years of normal use. It's a completely different kind of purchase

What are you 12?

bait.jpg

You should resist the urge to buy a depreciating asset unless it's a hobby purchase.
If this is just a A > B vehicle buy an Econobox on a 0% loan with nothing down then sell in a few years.

I have a fair amount of money in VTI and you're crazy if you don't think we're about to correct.
Haven't bought an etf in about a month.

Yeah but I can turn up to work high on hard drugs and no one gives a shit as long as I get the work done :D

As much as you can basically.
Sometimes we're "forced" into a new car purchase. It's the perfect car which you will never want to sell and the factory is closing down so they won't be available afterwards. It also happens to be the type of car brain-dead morons buy and wreck at a PHENOMAL rate. I ain't buying that shit used

my uncle buys used cars. to tell you, he spends all time in the garage fixing his shitbox. he even risked losing his job. (last two mounths were spend on fixing the motor that melt down)
my other uncle buys new cars. and you hear no major probleme nor minor problemes, then sells it and buys another one.

>Vanguard
Mah nigga.

>4.5% interest rate is the average
I was approved for 1.99% on a used shitbox at 22.

Making 1-3% swinging Blue Chip stocks is easy mode. Ford is a favorite of mine. IIRC I got in at 10.60 last month and sold for 11.37. My algo trader has been down since Yahoo's financial API went down. Was averaging 1.2%/week on 23k before Yahoo! fucked me.
>Soon I'll be able to day trade endlessly
>Need to work on risk management anyways

>Couldn't work for a single month
Are you telling me you have so little saved up you couldn't continue to live your lifestyle out for three months?

I could quit my job today and have over three months to find a new job.

Try to pay cash for it all. I've yet to see one of these phantom financing deals where it benefitted the buyer

>after 60 years of saving we finaly bought a house at the age of 80 :3
>next day: ded

Even though I have enough money to buy my cars cash, I will still defend people leasing there car because some people need a fucking car so they can actualy get to there working place.

What? I had to pay 29.290€ in cash and had a 500€ fee for the loan. The loan had a 1.5% rate.
Altogether I have to pay 131.729,35€ instead of 129.290€ for my 2017 gtr black

You faggots going to save up to pay a house in full too? Or are you one of those retards who thinks it's a good idea to rent your entire life?

whoa that's genius

that's like having an infinite amount of money

why doesn't everyone do that?

daily reminder that buying a new car is what the jews want you to do.

>a 30 year mortgage is the same as a 4 year car loan
You should still put at least half of the house price down though. If you can't put 100k down don't buy a 200k house.

Enough so that you never owe more than the car's worth. The higher the resale value, the less down payment you need, imo. 10% on the low end (Toyotas, most luxury brands), 30% on the high end maybe (a lot of domestics and Korean cars).