/dlg/ Duel Links General

If you want to be the real King of Games use Watapon edition.

Last Thread: Latest News
>Qualifiers for the World Championship are going on now, try to get KoG while you can
>Yami Bakura will appear randomly in the duel world until the 5/6th. A gate based event for him will come near the end of the month
>A "Duel-A_Thon" event and a new Legendary Duelist are arriving after the qualifiers. Stay tuned for more info
>Yugi Muto's birthday is on the 4th. It looks like we'll be getting 640 gems to celebrate
>Characters have been data mined from all eras of Yu-Gi-Oh. Assume at least some of them will appear at some point

Useless (Duel) Links:
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, beginner guides, etc.
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for new players
>What is this game? It's Yu-Gi-Oh! in mobile format created & suited for quick play. Great if you played the TCG previously and feel nostalgic about it, and not too difficult to learn if you're completely new
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>Ultimate Rising, Valkyrie's Rage, and Neo Impact have the most staples, so gems are usually best spent on those packs unless you have a specific deck in mind
>Some people recommend not leveling your stage past the 30s, although if you're not having trouble with the standard duelists advancing stages nets you some gems and jewels
>Try and first level up Mai and Keith to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph for free
>"Gift [card] retard" is a meme. Ignore anyone who uses/takes it seriously

>almost lost to someone using Yellow Luster Shield

Fuck that was close. I at least give the guy props for making his own deck instead of just following the meta. If I didn't have Daedalus to clear the field he might have won

Is this cancerous enough to get me to KoG? Plat 1 currently. I only have the one econ unfortunately.

I legitimately don't understand how anyone has gotten to KoG with all these 3SD faggots running around. There's literally no strategy, you just fucking lose if they've sucked Konami's cock hard enough and get a broken first hand.

>Teehee, I summon Dark Magician :)
>Fine, I summon Harpie La- Champion's Vigilance :)
>Fuck, okay, then I play Black Illusion R-Nah, Champion's Vigilance :)
>Fuck this, then I'll use Enemy Con-Chaaaaampion's Viiiigilaaaaance :)))))))

KoG isn't real. It's a meme made up by Konami to give us something to aspire to, but it doesn't actually exist. I refuse to believe that anyone can win 5 games in a row without losing to these lucky faggots at least once every few games.

Yes I'm mad.

Use this, though you can kick 4-star to the side for another dunames if you want. Grind your second e-con

I want to fuck Harpie Lady and when she orgasms I want her to dig her claws into me. Is that normal?

Is a bug, or a prismatic monster summoned by temple of the kings doesn't count?

All outta white keys, unfortunately. Is Security Orb an adequate substitute? Also I really like Egotist and Sisters. I've had decent results with them, do the substitutions you have work better in your experience?

I don't think it counts because you didn't "play" it from your hand. It's the reason why prismatic Sphere Kuriboh is such a tease.

I thought my prismatic Master of Oz will be of some use, oh well

Orb could work until you get another e-con. The thing with sisters is mostly that they require too much to summon with little gain since there's nothing you really need the 2150 attack for when you have mirror walls and enemy controllers at your disposal, even if something were to come up you could just wild tornado/OTC it immediately. I suppose you could run egotist instead of divine wrath if you like swarming the field with harpies, I just run wrath just in case.

It might work with regular fusion summoning.

Finally I can stop using this trash character

just hit KoG with dark magician

finals HYPE

Make it to London and make /dlg/ proud

Fucking how. How did you get so lucky to draw the right cards with no dead hands in 5 games?

how the fuck do i make it past silver with weevil burn

i thought this deck was so easy even a braindead moron like me could hit plat with it

Jesus fucking christ these 30 card shitters and their amazing luck is pissing me off so much.

I happen to get lucky once and am able to summon DMG, then Sage Stone into a DM. No fucking way this 30 card faggot comes back, right? Nope, his retard luck gives him the most precise combo of cards I've ever seen to completely fuck me over.

Adhesive Explosive for DMG, then a Star Bow for my DM to make him juuust weak enough for Wonder Wand equipped Red Magician. Of course he draws the exact cards he needs to destroy my entire setup. I'm so god damn sick of this game.

i dont have a chance lol
i stuck with my boy dank magician and let the heart of the cards guide me

you had 2 sets and neither were CV? I think your deck building skills may be lacking

My deck building skills are lacking because I wasn't lucky enough to draw the right cards? 3 CV not enough?

>tfw the heart of the cards is real
>we're all too cynical and build meta 20 card decks thinking we'll win
>30 deck shitters believe in their decks and they lead them to victory

This must be how side characters in the anime feel after losing to Yugi. They build solid decks with well thought out strategies and cards that complement each other, then lose horribly to some faggot with edgy hair claiming to be a pharoah or some shit.

No wonder Rex joined the fucking orichalchos gang to get revenge, I mean, fuck dude.

what did u have set

Holy shit dude, 3SD is busted as fuck.

>Opponent's first turn
>Summons DMG
>Sage's Stone
>Summons DM
>Thousand Knives, destroys my monster
>Attacks and wins

Fucking bullshit man, how is this not nerfed yet.

What Super Rare do I pick? I want another Red-Eyes Spirit, but still only have 1 Vigilance. I also never got a Union Attack.

How's my Bakura farm look?

Sounds like you just got BEANED bro

I picked CV because I had 1 but know it'll be a long time until I can farm one again and if I get KoG I'm gonna pick a prismatic controller which would also be my second. Those two cards will have more of an immediate impact on the decks I can build whereas a single union attack only makes my current farming decks slightly better (an extra 1k or so and not even guaranteed in some cases). So in other words, go for a card you'll get the most use out of. If you want to play a Red Eyes deck really bad, Spirit is a great choice considering you won't have the opportunity to get another one for a while. Union Attack might even be viable if you don't have other farming options (like Gift of the Martyr). CV and Econ are great general picks, or you could be a dank memer and pick Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth.

I'm trying to get three star demotion but I'm running out of keys. Should I just grind lv 5 lds?

yeah as far as I can tell, skills don't have a higher drop rate chance on higher levels, so farming and 8 chesting level 10s would be the best way. it's just incredibly boring.

I found skills droped less frequently when I duelled at lower levels. Keys are less efficiently spent at lower levels too.

oh my god these top decking 30 card shitters.

I watched this guy top deck econ, econ, sphere kuriboh, windstorm, and half shut before finally laying down and fucking dying.

Platinum is hell.

there's definitely something up. this seems super common for these decks to have some really good openers.

Do you think the name Grim_rimmer is an inappropiate username?

the rank up system in this game is such shit. most systems would reward players for having a 66% win rate, but the luck sack bullshit you have to go through in this game is ass. win 2/4 games in a row, only to have the 3rd/5th fuck you over hard. All this system does is reward people who can play this game almost 24/7.

>reward people who can play this game almost 24/7.
Komoney confirmed for genius-tier

imo it doesn't even reward people who play all day. it rewards people who get lucky. sorry, but no deck is good enough to have a consistent winrate like that, it's just not how yugioh is. you WILL get a dead hand once in a while, you WILL run into a deck that completely counters yours, and you WILL lose duels for reasons completely out of your control. it's just a question of when, not if.

it's not skill, it's luck that gets you to KoG. skill gets you to plat 3. If you're in plat, then you're already pretty damn good. winning 5 in a row is just praying you don't get fucked by rng.

the more you play, the more chances you have at winning the magical 5th game, though.

>Skill: draw sense dark
>3x The Earth - Hex-Sealed Fusion
>3x Des Kangaroo
>3x fusion substitute (except Versago the Destroyer)
>2x beatstick (using Gearfried and Kyonshee until I have a second 1800 one)
>1x Twister
>3x Ennemy Controller
>3xPolymerization
>2x Interdimensional Matter Transporter
>Extra deck: 1x Master of Oz
Got to gold easily with this deck, but still hasn't fight against any real meta deck. So any tips to improve it? Already planning to add a second master of oz and replacing one of the polymerisation with Fusion Sage when I get them.

I think of it like the lottery. Technically, yes, you have a bigger chance of winning if you play more than someone who doesn't play much, but the chance of winning is still so annoyingly small.

what are some essentials you really should pick up at the card trader when they come?

>letting auto AI do it's thing against bakura
>have blue dragon summoner, mirror wall and matter transporter on field
>he summons a monster and is about to slam into summoner
>AI activates mirror wall, of course
>then transport to get summoner off the field
>next turn doesn't pay the cost but draws a thunder dragon
>"oh it'll use thunder dragon's effect to bring the other two in then use the poly i have in hand, no big deal"
>uses thunder dragon's effect, brings in two
>instead of using polymerization it just sets summoner to defense and ends
>lose because blue dragon summoner has mediocre attack
this is why you never let the auto AI do anything besides generic beatdown decks, kids

Thunder Dragon
Twin Headed Thunder Dragon
Twin Barrel Dragon
Riryokou
Jar Of Greed

Is it better to farm for skills against level 30 LDs or level 40? I'm trying to get Last Gamble and Harpies Hunting Ground, with zero luck on either.

blue dragon summoner and cerberus for some decks

Is it worth to put mirage dragon/lords of D into blue eyes deck? Im tired of shitters running michizure
>inb4 champion vigilance
i have only one, sadly. Dont have a deck to farm kaiba yet.

how to counter hhg in the cellar of silver tier (meaning i have no good dicks)?

>i have no good dicks
What did user mean by this?

de-spell, holy shit. even with HHG gone they'll still shit on you because it's a good deck even without it.

do you guys want to rate my shitty beatdown deck, what can i do to make it better? i dont think i really have enough cards to make a themed deck or meta deck

silver 3 now

no the deck pretty much falls apart without hhg since they can't just mindless destroy your backrow whilte sitting behind 1800 and 1900 beaters too.

Get art

Post dick when you wake up

London here I come

how much dollerinos did you put into this game?

nigga you still gotta get through the finals.

but grats though

This is the deck that got me to Gold 2 it may not be good by anyone else's standards but it is fun for me and hopefully I'll manage to keep going up

>Main Deck: 30

-knife +berry

>Protector of the Throne
the fug

That's okay, every HHG I've seen in Gold also splashes Relinquished : ^ )

Gilda the D Knight I assume

Giltia the D Knight is my waifu, she thicc as hell

HELP I CANT GET OUT OF PLAT 1

Use weevil my son

post dick

FFS I hate that this is true. I stormed her field and two econs first turn thinking I'd actually gotten ahead if this bullshit when LOL NOPE KURIBOH AND RELINJIZZED GIMME THEM SKULLS LOLZ

>tfw I converted my Dark Magic Attack since I wanted to avoid playing Dark Magician
>turns into a viable deck
welp time to make a new account.

guys pls

DM was able to hit KoG before 3SD, it was just slower and ran soul exchange

Why not farm Yugi for another

Because Dark Magic Attack is a level up reward.

How retarded do you have to be to convert a card of which you only get one?

How did you get that? I made it to KoG as well but no such message.

You get it right after getting KoG then you get the message about the final qualifiers

hm. I'd run more utility cards like mask of accursed (or whatever you find that has a good effect, maybe a de-spell/twister) instead of three equip cards.

Must have missed it then. Or I am being observed by admins just waiting to be banned.

Plat is pretty hellish

So, taking a break from the usual rank climb

Has anyone tried to make a list/deck with all the cards that reference one another? Like how assault on GHQ and Prepare to Strike Back are the same scene from different angles, or how Dai Grepher and another warrior are in Simultaneous Loss

I really dig that small lore stuff

If that July news of a voucher system by winning Ranked games are true, you may be able to get a DMA. Hopefully the voucher system is good.

user... Giltia is a dude

Hope you all the best, sweetie.

>Made it to Plat 3
>Connection failed 50% of games
>tfw Gold 1 now
I only get the "Connection Failed" dialog when I have lethal on my opponent. REALLY MAKES ME THINK.

I do have one, but I don't really have much else to stall so I didn't think it would fit well. I'd sooner go for a spell removal yeah to get rid of HHG

>640 gems and mat and sleeves for Yugi Muto's Bday

I don't know if I should keep stockpiling gems for whenever they release a new pack or try and get some SR and URs I'm missing

Is weevil burn more consistent than tea burn? Was in Gold 5 but got demoted. Got no other options because I don't have econ or cv

So what happens if I actually win this? I'm assuming they won't fly me out to London.

Deck?

It's just it's a slightly modification of GK, Relinquished or Harpies I don't know why you people here haven't realized this yet

This meta is stale as fuck you just copy one of the three winning decks, change two thing and pretend you made it up on your own and luck your way to KoG

Every single season is like this I don't bother anymore because it isn't fun

>Every single season is like this I don't bother anymore because it isn't fun

Why ruin other peoples' fun?

The deck is a cheap weevil deck. I changed it pretty regularly depending on what everyone else was using, so idk how far it will get you in the current meta. I got to plat 2 using a beast deck. Will post if anyone is interested.

Let me see that beast deck bro

welcome to metagame nostalgiafaggots

you can now play real yugioh

>implying every card game isn't about the same
Just play solitaire nigga this shit ain't for you

Sure thing. Good luck

Neo Aqua Madoor is really pulling his weight for me in this tournament. Nobody ever expects it and I haven't seen it answered yet.

I like to use it Magic Circle and Shield and Sword it's so good

my favorite combo is soul exchange -> neo aqua -> blast held by tribute to super cuck them once they finally have a way to break through.

I also have a couple of relinquish so stalling let's me bust those out.

I am still mad.

I will always be mad.

On my deathbed I will still be mad.

When the seas heat up and the world descends into global catastrophe I will still be mad.

In the afterlife, when I get to the gates of Heaven, St. Peter and his angels will ask me "Are you still mad about Duel Links?" And my reply will be "Yes."

When the race of man is no more and the ruins of cities have crumbled into dust I will still be mad.

Ancient alien civilizations will find the smoldering, volcanic corpse of the Earth and decode the ancient secrets of the Internet and they will find this post and so my eternal anger will be brought forth into the far-flung reaches of outer space.

When the last tiny flash of heat in the universe dies and all descends into entropy, my hatred will remain.

I am still so fucking mad I took the time write this stupid fucking post and it still doesn't make me even the slightest bit LESS mad. I fucking hate you Champion's Vigilance.

Someone red pill me on the modded apk
Can I use it to farm LDs? I've wasted thousands of Keyes and have the worst luck. No econ/cv/gk or any of the other SRs from the other duelist