Eve Online general /eog/

Mach is the best solo ship edition.

>What's EVE Online?
A dead game

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg (embed) (embed)

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9 (embed) (embed)

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yFTUazuGdTw
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=8270c65a-3d4f-40a4-88c9-ee0639f3fbc3&action=buddy
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=95c1dbd7-5505-488e-bdcf-2ed798772452&action=buddy
reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/6f1k18/blood_raider_sotiyo_2/dieo18e/
zkillboard.com/kill/62703368/
forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6950544#post6950544
forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=521240&find=unread
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

when

>tfw it's not for navy cane or sleip

>flies faggot shit
>expects skins

>boo stop flying cool ships

Is SP farming still a thing?

>I can't make it in pvp without flying pimp snowflake shit

More than ever thanks to exploit farms.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is an exploit farm?

>o-only cheap is is real pvp!!! suitonia said so :(

>no poors XD I have more isk than you
>wow everyone in eve is gay as shit why does nobody fight

Skills keep training after sub expires until next login.

Wew

I wonder if it's intentional or a bug?

youtube.com/watch?v=yFTUazuGdTw

Three years later and we still don't know what this was about

APIs were a mistake.

Player stargates when?

hopefully never

how long has this been possible?
been out for over a year
if this is possible i might just get started on my carrier training

also anyone know if the plex changes has had any impact on its overall price so far?

Isnt that gate the thing we see during the tutorial?

>1~1.1b
>CSM gets insider info about the plex changes
>ascends up to 1.25b
>official announcement/post changes
>1.4b
Yes, it had an impact.

>1.4b
thats not too bad i guess
i dropped out just after citadel, was about 1.3b then

im really hoping for that SP bug
i can plex about 3 alts with a carrier

>tfw i stockpiled a giant pile of PLEX to supply all my accounts when it was ~350m and haven't logged in since

Because?

post you're brutix

sry i dont fly gay trash :^D

D^:

Mine only has 7 ;_;

Can't log onto that character to screencap it right now.

>just chillin' while running anoms
>local jumps from less than 10 to over 100
>PANIC
>Oh, its dreddit
>carry on because they are no threat whatsoever

So why does CCP not consider Hek a "big" trade hub? It has citadels in system allowed even though Rens doesn't and that is deader than ever.

probably because there isn't much trade there

It's the third biggest.

oneiros

>[13:17:17] Xenuria > Hi, I am Xenuria.

Nerf highsec

nerf spaceships

>mfw some moron in my alliance keeps trying to make our outpost a trade hub

he just wants to make dank money

So i heard from other anons that it's almost impossible to get into a proper corps anymore because spy paranoia is getting out of hand, is that true?

I used to have a lot of fun in Triumvirate and ev0ke 5 years ago but if i would resub today, could i even get into a proper PVP Alliance?
Pretty much everyone i knew in Pandemic Legion, Tri or NCDOT is unsubbed so nobody could vouch for me. And there's also the fact that i was kind of a dick as admin on Kugutsumen.

>So i heard from other anons that it's almost impossible to get into a proper corps anymore because spy paranoia is getting out of hand, is that true?
Not really. There are tons of corps out there that are recruiting. Its a total misnomer, every REAL corp understands that they can't prevent every spy from getting in and they should safely assume they have spies

but that doesn't stop them being ultra autistic about api keys

>oh it's pointless but we do it anyway

API keys are API keys. Whether a recruiter ACTUALLY goes through every single facet of your key or not is his doing. Most people collect it because everyone else collects it even if they don't really look at anything outside of corp history or killmails

>its pointless but we do it anyway
its rather pointless if they don't read all the information that an API key gives them. If they're only using it sparingly it might as well be a moot point

Api keys are such a joke.Any serious spy has dedicated spy accounts, and not a spy on the same account as the main.
Literally the only thing it prevents is making me transfer money directly between main and spy. So i just transfer plexes physically if i want to launder money between accounts.

oh sure, you're 100% right. But just saying, the API key allows me to filter out all the actual retards with bad spy characters. at least I can get all of those.

Define "proper corp"

Good to know thanks.

Well either any corp and alliance that barely balances good small-scale and large-scale PVP with autistic drama and anual failcascades, i.e. Triumvirate, ev0ke, NCDOT, Pandemic Legion, Cry Havoc, Rote Kapelle.
Or a small Pirate Corp that does more than gank cyno alts all day.

Is w-space PI profitable?

It is. But it depends severely on the planets in the wormhole. So you gotta find a good one.

Which planet types are best?

I don't actually do PI myself, I just have second-hand knowledge of how it works, you'll have to do some research about that.

Is the Crusader good? I know the Malediction is popular but I don't have T2 rockets yet.

there's 4 combat inties and 4 tackle inties. they aren't really similar at all. crusader is more what you'd use to kill tacklers with than to be a proper tackler itself. it's ok though

>people I convo decline it
Autistic anti-social cunts.

>not having auto decline

oneiros

grr spaceships

Share your multibx layout Veeky Forums

I just finished downloading the game does any user want to share their Recruit?

Post email. Referral links are against the rules.

what rules? can you post it in a pastebin then or something alike or a picture with the link

Veeky Forums

secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=8270c65a-3d4f-40a4-88c9-ee0639f3fbc3&action=buddy

My name is Tehol Aerus in game, hit me up and i'll split the PLEX with you if you sub.

secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=95c1dbd7-5505-488e-bdcf-2ed798772452&action=buddy

done cheers

What do cucks really expect in a game that works at one tick per second and you basically third person command a spaceship with your mouse? Do they really think you can make engaging gameplay around that?

Post link

reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/6f1k18/blood_raider_sotiyo_2/dieo18e/

It's fun.

YES! One of the best investments in the game. Invest 1.3bil, get 500mil a month every month (at current prices). First hurdle of course is getting characters to the minimum extractable sp. I have some alphas at 3.2mil, will be activating them at ~4.55mil sp

>range dictation

you can click as many times are your autistic ass wants. You will always be bottle-necked down to one click per second.

>le epic reddit drama
Fuck off.

>Goons get robbed again
>OY VEY! CCP NOTHING DROPPED, GIVE US FREE SHIT.

Really gets the neurons firing.

Click a bunch or a little, the game is still space Diablo, and the gameplay is still 3rd-perspective jets.

In all fairness, it probably was a loot script, and that's against EULA.

The problem is that there was no drop, apart from the pos modules shit
zkillboard.com/kill/62703368/

Nevermind, I'm retarded. Zkill doesn't show it.
Anyway, nothing dropped, ccp claims *something* dropped, and the person who claims he ninja'd it, got smartbombed and had nothing.

Whoever actually stole the loot isn't going to admit it.

I find it unlikely that two BPCs dropped from the first one and the second one dropped nothing. If CCP stated something beyond the mods dropped someone probably ninjaed the BPC and is keeping it to themselves.

Is there any point continuing the tutorial past the point when you get the 25k injector?

His e-peen won't allow him to stay silent.
It's not just the blueprints. The sotiyo loot table can contain ANY dark blood mod. Even the trash faction frigs in hisec drop at lest some shit plating or ammo. They are never empty.

No. Unless you're actually a new player without any assets then you should play until they give you that frig which you can use to start doing L1 security missions.

forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6950544#post6950544

omg so fucking epic, upvoted

My Brutix has one of each type of medium rail and blaster fitted, shield tank and no rigs. I love it, have gotten so many idiots aggro after ninja looting their junk, then I can warp in my logi alt and slowly nibble them apart.

>logi alt
>hisec shitters

Anybody with programming knowledge, you're free to drop logic caps.

Just re-imagining an asteroid field,
>AI ship checks highest local ship speeds (potential)
>AI either refits according to that or just has specific chances to spawn specific fits

>[For merge] Check if incoming ship is approach-commanded or manual
>If approach, just spiral away like a player would
>If manual, merge at a steep angle and try to outplay angles to its advantage

There are special cases, like cap booster + doublerep where it should probably make the ship try to slingshot..

>when you're so intellegint you single handedly kill Stunt

heh...guess i am the true space samurai.....

Nobody gives a fuck you retard. If you want "pvp feel" go shoot fucking people.

Your'e not making sense. It's not just a PvP game, to have fun.

If you don't want to pvp then don't, what is your point?

The point is that PvE is lacking.

Not the guy you're replying to, but how do I find solo pvp in this game? I just want to shoot some people.

FW is your best bet but even then people will often blob. Make sure when engaging someone that they don't have buddies in local.

PVE in eve has always been lacking, this is unlikely to change ever let alone soon.

You're beta-deflecting. If you don't have anything to say, why reply?

>[15:05] Having fought snuff's logi legions many times I can tell you how cancerous that kind of comp is, it's an incredibly binary fight, you can either break the 400k EHP slaved legions or you go home, because there's really very little you can do otherwise. I'm concerned that if we make logi t3s too strong it will encourage too much use of them which makes for un-engaging boring fights.

AHAHAHAHA

>bring 3-4 falcon/scorp
>lol what logi

forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=521240&find=unread

Goons BTFO.