/twg/ - Total War General

Developer Interviews on TWW2, focus on Lizardmen, High Elves and campaign features.
FFA confirmed as separate MP mode with its own maps:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Articles on Warhammer 2 just dropped en masse:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version to avoid aneurysm:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

Introducing: Temple Guard:
youtube.com/watch?v=PI2d3r5fhA8

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

piriform.com/speccy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Please don't give CA your money for a glorified expansion

Old man with axe.

2nd for Pontus!

Off by a bit, but good try for a good meme in a shit format.

Yesterday I actually had a dream about Warhammer II. I installed my physical copy, launched stem and was surprised to find that there's already a fuckton of paid DLC available. Without launching the game I immediately bought all of it (about 60$ worth) and then it turned out that it was DLC for the first game, which allowed those who do not have the second game to incorporate parts of it into their campaigns (like single legendary lords and shit) and if you have Warhammer II you'd just get it all when the maps are merged.

[spoilers]if it turns out to bad you have my permission to be smug and laugh at me[/spoilers]

I don't think CA will do that, but it would make the most sense (aside from having to download the combined map) given that there will be people who only buy the first or second game but might otherwise be interested in DLC

>we never got an invasion of Korea expansion for Shogun 2
Just seppuku my shit up senpai

While similar to humans, monkey skeletons animate quite differently to human skeletons. It is clear that Creative Assembly did not believe that the investment into their animation department to properly depict the campaign correctly was worth it in the long run.

has this thread always been this redditor infested?

Yeah, but in that dream I was pissed that I bought all of that DLC, even though I already had both games.

The site as a whole has been for quite awhile now. They're really not so bad(compared to the retards who have been here for longer), just different.

Yes ever since TWW came out

The amount of forced memes and Skaven jokes are ridiculous

>They're really not so bad(compared to the retards who have been here for longer), just different
redditors actually believe this
you need to go back

>no Tehenhauin at launch

REEEEE

Go back where my dude?

to reddit, why cant you just stay where you belong?

When playing as poopoopeepee do you get to ally yourself with Archaon when he shows up or will he just declare war on you as well.

Forced memes aplenty but I've seen a disturbing lack of reddit rat posts.
Not that the lack is negative, just that it's weird that I haven't seen them much.

Ever since Veeky Forums started hating reddit for stealing our memes and pretending they came up with them there's been more and more of them here. Most have somewhat blended in, but their corrupting presence can still be felt as it has twisted Veeky Forums into an unholy mockery of itself. Only the most retarded ones still post like that.

Do Lizardmen even exist?

He don't declare war on you and you have standard neutral relations and can ally if you want and the AI allows.
Fuck that shit though, Chaos leadership is a constant cockfight. Don't let that three-eyed nerd hog all the glory.

I've only visited there a few times my dude.

No, of course lizardmen don't exist and aren't trying to take over the world right now. It's a lie.

hi I'm a redditfag, I like it here and I like talking about total war so I'm going to stay

Haha, well played, I wish they had upboats here.
*posts happy rageface*

What is wrong with you my dude?

did a crack exist to try TWW 1? I never played any totalwar and don't even know if my laptop will be able to run it; so untill i don't have some answer i won't buy it.

I've noticed too, ever since TWW this general has become reddit central

I blame the people that posted our memes on reddit

What are your specs?
Can't you yourself do a quick investigation to see whether or not there is a cracked copy available?

I bought it but I wouldn't know.

There probably is one. I mean, why wouldn't there be?

Yea I looked up on the usally sites for torrent i use: kickass piratebay torrentz2; but i found nothing or some old shit with a lot of negative comments; for the spec is not so easy because it's and old laptop with many ugrade a techsavy friend of mine and it won't be the first time ssomething that should run won't, so i hoped to find a direct torrent here somewhere but at this point i start to think it wasn't even cracked

Steam allows refunds now, buy the game and run a large battle.

As long as you play less than 2 hours you can refund no questions asked

>Removing thes

kys desu

Looks like there used to be a hybrid crack that required you to login to steam, but it doesn't work anymore. You'l have to either look for new uploads or check websites of whoever uploaded the releases with cracks that don't work anymore, since they might've created updates.

No, they got wiped by Estalia in 1520 AD.

They clashed with (embed) too much.

> for the spec is not so easy
piriform.com/speccy

Though if you couldn't find anything and have properly looked then I doubt there is one.

It's cracked on linux but denuvo's implementation for warhammer must be better than the other games that have it

yes i thought so, well at this point i will probably put an hold on all of this and wait for TWW2 and try that on steam with the refound thanks for the help

I was with you until yesterday, enough stuff to make me pre order

>enough stuff

I've been living under a rock, what sort of stuff got shown?

See links in OP.

check the two previous threads and you will change your mind.

There are a ton of new shit

>still no Relic Priest Edition* info
>still no preorder date

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*tentative

Like what?

>tomb keks get released
>skellingtons are not immune to attrition
>they die from moving through their own desert

>Fortress Gate battles

What did they mean by this? New siege stuff?

New battles like bridge battles, rogue armys, old factions reworks, treasure hunt, new siege defenses like big gates, color units variations as reward for misions, vanguard deplyment stance for lizardmemes, zombies pirates, estalian conquistadores,10 factions in the southland, new magic shit like summoning a hammer from the skies.

Also they mentioned something about naval battles.

Some mechanics for lizardmen and high elves. Details of the campaign map that everyone interacts with, more detail regarding how the victory condition progresses, FFA for multiplayer.

New siege stuff with no siege for some reason, more emphasis for fighting in the fortress.

>heat-seeking archers

Shogun 2 all over again.

>zombies pirates, estalian conquistadores

Are Vampire Coast and Estalians confirmed for having unique stuff? Or are they just generic VC and Empire factions?

>he doesn't want Nahuatl Dinosaurs
>he doesn't want Numenorean Vanyar
>he doesn't want Canadian hair metal Noldor
>he doesn't want the top secret reddit race
>he doesn't want los conquistadores who praise Sigmar on the battlefield but contemptuously call you 'Son of Sigmar' in the diplo menu while weakly professing their faith in Myrmidia or whatever
>he doesn't want to strike the earth but dig too deep in the lost city of Quetza (or w/e)
> he doesn't want randomly spawning all-dragon armies led by a goblin
>he doesn't want several types of dragons with aerial breath attack
>he doesn't want zombie pirates with actual zombie pirate voice acting

It amazes me how some people can deprive themselves of the magic of fully interactive fantasy all just to save 60 bucks.

>New battles like bridge battles
>New
Is this a joke?

>Rogue armys
Wow cool the same units other factions have used for """""""new""""""" factions just mixed together

>treasure hunt
Surely worth 60 euros

>new siege defenses like big gates
From one wall to one gate

>color units variations as reward for misions
I'm sure swapping colour palettes in 5 minutes cost a lot to warrant full price

>vanguard deplyment stance for lizardmemes
Fuck you

No idea only the youtubers know.
>hur hur i'm a poorfag hear me!

Probably not hard to get it for 40 or 30 somewhere. I got TWW for 34 dollars at release.

>wanting canadian anything
Naggaroth is just the states. Bongs don't hate canada enough to villify it.
Actual canada is a bunch of incompetent mongoloid subhumans just like real life.

>color units variations as reward for misions
Fuck. Gonna give me that source, ain't'cha buddy?

Is one of these youtubers videos, they already played the fucking game. I thing was Turin

At least that's lore-accurate.

Fuck. Fair enough. Already glanced at Turin's video and I just closed the tab. He does great multiplayer and his commentary is accurate enough to overlook just how hyperactive and positive he is, but the production value on anything else he tries to make is just not there.

What are some good Attila overhaul mods? For the base game not Charlemaynes

Reached turn 150. Drove the FantasyRussians into extinction and then cut a path east through Northern Ostland and Nordland wiping out the latter in the process. Retreated back to Norsca to retrain my armies and to finish some quest battles. The chaos campaign has been surprisingly fun once it got rolling. I honestly was expecting it to be a lot worse based on the complaints i've seen in these threads for the past year or so.

Also taking a break from Chaos and rolling up another campaign. Might reroll if i get elves, Karl or poopoopeepee

I'm so sorry.

Rollin'

Ask again in about a year when they start to get to a more completed state.

Why though? I've yet to play a single campaign that takes place in the Southern part of the map.

Because you got the worst race in the lore with the worst gameplay in the game.

Radious

Guess what units are the others /twg/?

Horsemen

Trolls?

T. backstabbing knifeear

Meme cannons

>somebody doesn't like the stunted retards
>it must be a lanky retard
accept that sane, successful humans don't care for sub-gobbos the same way the worthless thin cunts do

Norsca can't recruit cannons

Chaos S Q U A T

>successful humans
>playing video games

huh

You won't fool me, "lanky retard".

We're roleplaying m8. I am roleplaying as the most successful of humans.

BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION

anyone got the attila roll chart?

Nice, thanks user. Roll

The Dwarf description said that they are supposed to be easy so
i went and downloaded a mod that increases the penalties from unsolved grudges, a mod that increases the spawning rates of orc & beastmen hordes and a mod that allows orcs to settle anywhere. Wish me luck /twg/.

The early game is interesting but if the Orcs don't confederate you've pretty much finished the campaign. I now quit almost all my dwarf campaigns after I conquer the Badlands, sometimes sooner.

Can you confederate the camps as the empire?

Dwarf campaign ought to get more interesting once they add in Southlands and Tomb Kings.

Whoops meant vamps

No, don't think so.

Reinstalled yesterday, time to roll

Ogres and god forbid, chaos stunties would be more important.
The stunties only really go that far south to wipe out the greenskins, rather that that their interests lie in that direction. The City of Pillars is about as far as they need to go.
So with the Kangz(and them being aggressive) in theory all it'd do is just increase how far south you have to go to have a safe border.
But then the Southlands goes down a lot further than Khemri, and then there are Lizardmen, which you should genocide for lore reasons if you're playing stunties, so the south train just never stops.
Ogres and to a lesser extend Chaos stunties are a lot closer by and especially Ogres are more horde like, which plays to the theme of defensive stuntie gameplay a lot more.

You probably just mentioned Kangz over Kangdomz because they'll be released a lot earlier, but still something to consider I guess.

You're forgetting that we have to reclaim Karak Zorn, manling

Also after typing this out and thinking for a bit, I've come to the realization that the Ogres will be weird to balance into total war.
Full anti-large and missiles firing over infantry is such an obvious counter tech choice that they'll probably need some weird way to dis-incentivize that stuff from happening, but total war can't really handle that. You could give everything insane anti-infantry but then you might see armies of seven demi-gryphs with halberds against them or some shit. And it'd make non anti-large infantry even less of a pick against them.

Maybe give them a special ignores anti-large bonus or something. That might be necessary.

I certainly haven't, it's just that going as south as the City of Pillars, and mild expansion in the other direction around the time as you're about to end the Greenskins you've already pretty much won the game. Migration runs for Karak Zorn would be cool, but just having at as a vague goal and the way your challenges are set out for you means that the time you end up diving south for it you're probably burning down Ulthuan and projecting your power as far as you want to anyway. And the way you build to that point can be a lot more interesting than straight line due south no breaks.

>Arch not even invited to the event while Inept was
C U C K E D